AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-26, 02:16   Link #1
Gai-Kakashi

Should Sasuke get *some* credit for defeating Gaara?

I'm not the biggest Sasuke fan in the world. However, I do believe in giving credit where its due. Naruto obviously did the largest share of kicking Gaara's ass. However, Sasuke hit him with numerous high speed Taijutsu moves the same day he fought Naruto, and with the Chidori THREE times. Given how both Gaara and Naruto were *totally* spent after their fight, I'm not sure Naruto could have done it without Sasuke. Its not that Naruto is weaker than Gaara at all, its just that Gaara was fighting on pure rage and adrenaline. With some people, that makes them much more resiliant to even the hardest beating.

So, what do you think?
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 02:24   Link #2
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Eh. Sasuke did make Garaa spend a lot of chakra on Armor of Sand during the exam and managed to entertain Garaa for a bit in the forest. In my opinion though, the only Chidori that really counted was the first one; the remaining two impressively destroyed Garaa's monstrous Shukaku arm twice, but the sand arm regenerates too easily to make a difference.

Sasuke does get major credit for spoiling the Sound and the Sand's attack by wounding Garaa prematurely. Had Garaa awaken Shukaku in the middle of Konoha...yikes.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 02:25   Link #3
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai-Kakashi
I'm not the biggest Sasuke fan in the world. However, I do believe in giving credit where its due. Naruto obviously did the largest share of kicking Gaara's ass. However, Sasuke hit him with numerous high speed Taijutsu moves the same day he fought Naruto, and with the Chidori THREE times. Given how both Gaara and Naruto were *totally* spent after their fight, I'm not sure Naruto could have done it without Sasuke. Its not that Naruto is weaker than Gaara at all, its just that Gaara was fighting on pure rage and adrenaline. With some people, that makes them much more resiliant to even the hardest beating.

So, what do you think?
Um, obviously. If Sasuke hadn't wounded him during their match that day, Gaara would've transformed into his demon form inside the stadium, and the war would've turned out ALOT differently (aka Oro's plan would've succeeded).
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 04:07   Link #4
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Not only did Sasuke help weaken Gara but he also motivated Naruto to save Sakura and was willing to sacrifice himself for them.
Old 2004-04-26, 08:39   Link #5
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
Not only did Sasuke help weaken Gara but he also motivated Naruto to save Sakura and was willing to sacrifice himself for them.
Loved that part. Sasuke thinking he was so much stronger than naruto then naruto powering up shocking the hell out of him.

the injuries done to gaara physically were virtually nothing by sasuke. It was basically a minor scratch to the arm. The reason it incapacitated him is because gaara had never seen his own blood before and that triggered alll his memories and his mind to go unstable.

It was that unstability that eventually lead him to bring out shukaku that made him a harder oppenent to defeat.

Last edited by Xarrais; 2004-04-26 at 09:50.
Xarrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 08:52   Link #6
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Yeah. Sasuke deserves some credit for scaring Gaara like that in the arena. He also deserves props for encouraging Naruto since he couldn't do anything major. I think that the majority of the credit should go to Naruto though. The boy went all out against someone everyone thought was in another league. So the majority goes to him and some to Sasuke not alot just some ike 10%. You can even go as far as saying Sakura deserves a little for reminding Gaara of his past. You need to be mentally as well as physically sound when in a battle.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 10:26   Link #7
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Eh. Sasuke did make Garaa spend a lot of chakra on Armor of Sand during the exam and managed to entertain Garaa for a bit in the forest. In my opinion though, the only Chidori that really counted was the first one; the remaining two impressively destroyed Garaa's monstrous Shukaku arm twice, but the sand arm regenerates too easily to make a difference.

Sasuke does get major credit for spoiling the Sound and the Sand's attack by wounding Garaa prematurely. Had Garaa awaken Shukaku in the middle of Konoha...yikes.
If Shukaku DID awakend in the middle of Konoha, would everybody have seen the power of Naruto?

Would he be acknowledged by everyone on that one single day
Too bad that didn't happen.

Or would Jiraya helped out? Maybe he summond Gama Bunta before Naruto did

Would be even more fun if Jiraya summond a big toad (that one who defeated the snakes) and then Naruto summond Bunta

I think that everybody including the Sand and Sound would be like this -->
Ryota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 10:44   Link #8
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryota
If Shukaku DID awakend in the middle of Konoha, would everybody have seen the power of Naruto?
Um, no. Because EVERYONE WOULD BE DEAD. Go back and look at the size of Shukkaku and imagine him appearing in the arena. He would destroy it. And Jiraiya wasn't there and wasn't anywhere close at that time. If Naruto also summonned Gamabunta, he would've just effectively wiped out the last half of the arena that didn't just get killed by Shukkaku, and the battle between them would destroy the rest of Konoha. Just as Orochimaru had planned.

So thank god Sasuke injured Gaara. He prevented Konoha's destruction and stopped Orochimaru's plan from succeeding.
Old 2004-04-26, 10:47   Link #9
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarrais
It was that unstability that eventually lead him to bring out shukaku that made him a harder oppenent to defeat.
You people really don't pay attention to anything, do you?

Orochimaru's whole plan hinged on Gaara bringing out Shukkaku in the arena and destroying Konoha from within. Sasuke didn't cause anything. The only thing Sasuke did was injure Gaara, causing the transformation to fail at that time, which caused him and the other sand to retreat.

Sasuke saved Konoha that day.
Old 2004-04-26, 10:57   Link #10
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Yippy.

Sasuke scratched Gaara, Lets all throw a parade in his honor!

NOT!!

Naruto is the one that saved the day, Sasuke couldn't have defeated Shukaku. Plain and simple, Naruto could because of his superior talents [ Demon Seal and Summoning ]. Naruto also gained incredible strength from the desire to save his friends.

Sasuke is a punk who dosn't want to risk his life because he wants to kill the destroyer of the Uchiha clan.

To hell with Sasuke, UP with Naruto!
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 11:02   Link #11
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Yippy.

Sasuke scratched Gaara, Lets all throw a parade in his honor!
Pretty much, yeah. Sasuke saved the day.
Old 2004-04-26, 11:04   Link #12
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
And Jiraiya wasn't there and wasn't anywhere close at that time.
Jirayia was in the village if that's what you're talking about (It seems you were, so he was indeed close by). He summoned a toad w/ two swords (katanas?). Still, Shuukaku vs Gamabunta in the village would only help Oro's purpose.
Quote:
Sasuke saved Konoha that day.
No one but Sasuke Uchiha noticed that Uchiha Sasuke saved Konoha.

Last edited by nh1; 2004-04-26 at 11:16.
nh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 11:05   Link #13
sarcasteak
WAHA~

First of all I'd like to remind everyone that while Sasuke indeed did a wonderful job harming Garaa prematurely and thus unknowingly avoiding insane destruction from within Konoha, the discussion is whether he deserves credit for defeating Garaa....

Quote:
Sasuke is a punk who dosn't want to risk his life because he wants to kill the destroyer of the Uchiha clan.

To hell with Sasuke, UP with Naruto!
I'm assuming you're being sarcastic? Sasuke clearly told Naruto to grab Sakura and run while he'll try to buy some time even though he could hardly stand up right. He was once again willing to risk his own life and purpose to protect his comrades...it's just that he doesn't say it aloud or in the very obvious way Naruto does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Jirayia was in the village if that's what you're talking about (It seems you were, so he was indeed close by). He summoned a toad w/ two swords (katanas?).
Hmm the thing was Jiraiya didn't summon it IMMEDIATELY upon seeing the snakes, so I can understand why people would assume that he wasn't present. Then again, the Konoha Village is quite large...he could've been gathering "inspirations" before he heard all the rackus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
No one but Sasuke Uchiha noticed that Uchiha Sasuke saved Konoha.
Once again I have been ignored...
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 11:08   Link #14
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Jirayia was in the village if that's what you're talking about (It seems you were, so he was indeed close by). He summoned a toad w/ two swords (katanas?).
Jiraiya didn't arrive until several episodes after the war had begun, and even then he was still on the far outskirts of the village. No way in hell would he have arrived in time to stop Gaara.
Old 2004-04-26, 11:13   Link #15
Kouji
StrykerX

Talk a bout them being mean eh?
Old 2004-04-26, 11:15   Link #16
Ponko

It was definitely a team effort. If either Sasuke or Naruto had not been there, the village would of been destroyed. Sasuke managed to drive Gaara away, and Naruto kept Gaara from just walking back and wrecking everything once he did transform.

But, by extension, I give credit to Lee. ^__^ If Sasuke had not borrowed Lee's moves, he never would of gotten past the preliminaries. Nor would Naruto who borrowed the move Sasuke borrowed from Lee. And unless that guy Sasuke fought or Kiba had some clever plan to defeat Gaara, the vilage would be destroyed. Plus, Sasuke borrowed Lee's abilities against Gaara.

So, lets all give Lee a little credit too. *hugs Lee*
Ponko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 11:28   Link #17
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
No way in hell would he have arrived in time to stop Gaara.
I didn't argue whether or not he would have time to stop Gaara, I merely said your statement was wrong in saying Jirayia wasn't in the village. Also, maybe he was around at the time, he just didn't want to summon because it could destroy houses etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Once again I have been ignored...
I thought it was a good thing being ignored by that sentence as I was actually making fun of those within it Do you really feel Sasuke was a hero who saved the day? Him alone would have been killed by Gaara who could then just move towards the village (as Shuukaku) and toss large chakra balls to destroy just about everything in sight. I don't get the thread title either, Sasuke clearly did not defeat Gaara, not even when extending his limits.
Old 2004-04-26, 11:38   Link #18
n00blike
member 69 of S.P.A. ;)

Lightbulb

you guys need to remember naruto used up all of his chakara during his fight earlyer that day. witch means he is stronger because he beat up 2 of the strongist ppl taking the test in 1 day.

sure suske did help during the exam but it is safe to say that if naruto hadent had his fight earlyer with whats his name. the outcome would of most likely been the same.

suske did help naruto with his lil speach but naruto would of found something to inspier him, like sakura.
n00blike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 11:42   Link #19
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
That is underrating Sasuke-kun to the extreme that even an ASS can't sit idly by. He was ready to sacrifice himself as he saw a self-doubting Naruto struggling against an opponent who was very much like Naruto in characteristic. That particular act by Sasuke-kun made Naruto realize that now he had much to loose if he didn't defeat Gaara. Unlike Naruto, Gaara was fighting for himself because that's how he defined his own existence. So without that self sacrificing act by Sasuke which inspired Naruto to fight later on, Gaara would have pulverized Naruto and then would have proceeded to crush Konoha.

Sasuke didn't really stop Gaara in the stadium but he shook up Gaara badly. The plan to crush Konoha still could have been fulfilled from any location if Naruto didn't stop Gaara and his monster-sidekick. Without an inspiring Sasuke-kun, Naruto couldn't have overcome his self-doubt and wouldn't have found his vigor to defeat Gaara. So yes, Sasuke-kun gets "some" credit for defeating Gaara.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 11:43   Link #20
Kouji
StrykerX

Yeah, there's nothing better than teamwork. Or as Kakashi would say ^_^