AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-26, 13:30   Link #1341
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well, there's good shows next season in other timeslots.

probably nothing quite like GL, but still, won't be a bad season.
Well, we're talking about Sunday morning timeslot though.
And I'm sure as hell not gonna watch YES! Pretty Cure 5 after GL.
I actually liked the first pretty cure series, but sheeeh! don't tell anyone.

As for next season, you will most likely find me in the Gundam 00 thread.
Unless, it's so horrible I stop after the first few episodes.
That, and most likely Haruhi 2nd season.
Old 2007-09-26, 14:18   Link #1342
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige
But that is unfortunately not coming out next season.
Old 2007-09-26, 14:48   Link #1343
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Maple Story is correct. Childrens show based on a Korean MMO game.
Frankly, it looks terribly boring. Although the design on the monster girl looks kinda cute.

It's definitly not something I'm gonna be following though.
if it's any consolation, this is being done by Madhouse, so it may not be THAT bad.
Old 2007-09-26, 16:04   Link #1344
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well, there's good shows next season in other timeslots.
You mean "A" good show, Kaiji. Everything else looks to be terrible, even SnS II which I won't be following. GL was a powerful enough show to sustain my undivided interest for two seasons, there hasn't been anything like that for me since FSN (which was a rotting failure in comparison).

I should probably go an hero on Sunday in /a/ and just avoid the internet until December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
if it's any consolation, this is being done by Madhouse, so it may not be THAT bad.
Have you been following Kaibutsu Oujo? GOD AWFUL show, especially considering it's done by Madhouse and is "right up the creek" with the material they give signature treatment to. It's downright shoddy work, and rather poor direction as well - I was shocked to find out who animated it.

Outside of Trigun and The girl who lept through time, all Madhouse works I've seen had signature treatment except KO. Must be a shoe-string budget. x_x

Is it true Araki Hirohiko designed the look of Anti-Spiral's Ganmen?

Last edited by Malintex_Terek; 2007-09-26 at 16:46.
Old 2007-09-26, 17:18   Link #1345
Archer

Personally, I'm only looking forward to Kaiji as the only acceptable and watchable anime for the rest of year (I'm also looking forward to Kara no Kyoukai, being the Type-Moontard that I am, but since cameras are a no-no...). All of my interest lies elsewhere, like the UBW translation and SSBB...

But that's a story for some other time.

Madhouse for me is about 50/50. They do some decent adaptations, but they also outsource aplenty and they are starting to make lots more trash lately...
Old 2007-09-26, 18:33   Link #1346
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Well, we're talking about Sunday morning timeslot though.
And I'm sure as hell not gonna watch YES! Pretty Cure 5 after GL.
I actually liked the first pretty cure series, but sheeeh! don't tell anyone.

As for next season, you will most likely find me in the Gundam 00 thread.
Unless, it's so horrible I stop after the first few episodes.
But but, Pretty Cure rocks!! I dare anyone who says that it's too sissy a show for guys to watch...

*cough

Anyway I guess there's nothing much to look forward to for the rest of the year. I'll probably catch Taihou Full Throttle, Ghost Hound and Minamike. And maybe Gundam 00... but the mechas are just god awful IMO. I'm still waiting for a Wing Zero/Strike Freedom equivalent.

Movie wise, I guess I'll have to wait for EVA Rebuild and Kara no Kyoukai to be out on DVDs first before I buy them.

Hmm aren't we already off topic for quite a while?
Old 2007-09-27, 00:01   Link #1347
v1cious

i don't know, there's at least three good shows coming out this fall: Ghost Hound, Genshiken 2, and Nougami Neuro. Hero Tales might also be cool.

anyways, after watching the opening again, i have a feeling that thing in the first couple of seconds is the Spiral Nemesis... so could this mean the "heavenly lights" are people from other realms coming to take Simon down, cause he's too powerful? i mean that would explain the supposed "Great Dimensional Government" thing.

Last edited by v1cious; 2007-09-27 at 00:15.
Old 2007-09-27, 04:15   Link #1348
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
i don't know, there's at least three good shows coming out this fall: Ghost Hound, Genshiken 2, and Nougami Neuro. Hero Tales might also be cool.

anyways, after watching the opening again, i have a feeling that thing in the first couple of seconds is the Spiral Nemesis... so could this mean the "heavenly lights" are people from other realms coming to take Simon down, cause he's too powerful? i mean that would explain the supposed "Great Dimensional Government" thing.
ep 26 said what the spiral nemesis is, a black hole formed from the overuse/ evolution of spiral power. Am i the only one why that got the feelling that the next ep will have the birth of a new galaxy after what leron said about CGLs power output
________
Ford Tourneo Connect History

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:13.
Old 2007-09-27, 12:26   Link #1349
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
ep 26 said what the spiral nemesis is, a black hole formed from the overuse/ evolution of spiral power.
and that's exactly what happens in the first scene.
Old 2007-09-28, 05:46   Link #1350
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

This is a really bizzare idea, but maybe Viral will die and become reincarnated as Simon and nia's child? I know this shall be met with much ridicule, but it's just an idea. Didn't another anime do something like that?
Old 2007-09-28, 07:23   Link #1351
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rahxephon did. But I can't see them doing something like that in GL....and if anyone has to be reincarnated as Simon and Nia's child, it'd be Kamina.
Old 2007-09-28, 08:54   Link #1352
terrus

Seeing as were talking about animes to watch after GL i'd recomend Baccano! (italian for confusion or ruckus) it's based on a series of light novels (well one of them anyway) set in ninteen thirties america it involves mobsters and immortals and i'm loving it, the only bad thing though is that it'sonly thirteen episodes long and were already at episode 11. (Leeron's seiyu does the voice of a character called Isacc in it as well)

also is the fact that Hirohiko Araki the mangaka of Jojo's Bizarre adventure designed the antispiral ships true?

Last edited by terrus; 2007-09-28 at 13:48.
Old 2007-09-28, 19:53   Link #1353
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Time for one last whacky speculation for the last episode:

Simon and his CGGL has a hard time fighting the ultimate Anti Spiral Machine.
Nia brings out the Spiral powers within her and while controlling her own Anti Spiral energies, she takes control of the Anti Spiral planet (since she's imprisoned in the core). She transforms into a Nono Diebuster version 2, sports a spunky Nono uniform and tells Simon to combine with her.

And then it's the ultimate Gurren Lagann Omega! Mwahaha...

Nah, probably won't happen. I'm guessing that the Anti Spiral Machine has Nia inside, and destroying it means destroying her as well... I think that's a higher possibility.
Old 2007-09-28, 21:59   Link #1354
7Th
Mixtape

If nothing else musashiken, I'm sure Nia will pilot Gurren. It's the only main character left without doing so as it is a pretty slutty ganmen.

And my full theory for the finale would imply ending with episode one sequence, that's pretty much coming after MAN-Boota.
Old 2007-09-28, 22:05   Link #1355
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
If nothing else musashiken, I'm sure Nia will pilot Gurren. It's the only main character left without doing so as it is a pretty slutty ganmen.
I'd rather see her in Lagann with Simon again.
Old 2007-09-28, 22:18   Link #1356
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSakuraS View Post
I'd rather see her in Lagann with Simon again.
Yeah, I'm picturing her and Simon in a transformed cockpit where she sits on top/in front of him. Like you know, Vandread... or Godannar... and she has Nono goggles. Maybe her clover irises turn bright green with Spiral power or something...

Lol, I'm getting carried away here.
Old 2007-09-28, 22:18   Link #1357
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Yeah, I'm picturing her and Simon in a transformed cockpit where she sits on top/in front of him. Like you know, Vandread... or Godannar... and she has Nono goggles. Maybe her clover irises turn bright green with Spiral power or something...

Lol, I'm getting carried away here.
That would be pretty cool, actually.
Old 2007-09-28, 23:36   Link #1358
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
is that "Great Dimensional Government" thing even an accurate translation? cause i've seen other groups translate as Great Dimensional rift.

anyways, the writers said if they make another one, it will be brand new characters, and that Simon's story will end here.
More of the Gurren Lagann universe would be awesome, but Simon and the Gurren Brigade are what make the show.
Old 2007-09-29, 01:00   Link #1359
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

I actually do want to see the previous Spiral knights . basically , a story on Lord Genome and his friends.
Old 2007-09-29, 07:11   Link #1360
terrus

The scene from episode one might not happen on account of the fact that when simon had all those alternate dimensions around him you can see a pic from the first scene in episode one.

Also, if anyone cares there's a refrence to transformers in ep 15 some ganmen are shaped like the symbols for the decepticons and the autobots. You can see the autobots ganmen when the front view of the capital is shown with all those ganmen in front of it and you can see a decepticons ganmen undernerath a bestman battlship as it is firing missles at the gurren brigade.
Closed Thread