AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-06, 14:49   Link #161
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

The linking of encumbrance limit to stamina is a great idea. As I always struggled with carrying enough loot.

Though now I have a serious choice to make; am I really willing to sacrifice mana/health just to carry more stuff? I am sure there are some crazy builds in the future that involve no stamina increases at all and count on your follower NPC to carry things for you.
Old 2011-07-06, 15:28   Link #162
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

if I find a bunch of awesome stuff in a dungeon, you bet your ass I'm WALKING back to base XD
Old 2011-07-06, 16:17   Link #163
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
if I find a bunch of awesome stuff in a dungeon, you bet your ass I'm WALKING back to base XD
If they take ideas from Fallout 3, it might be very possible that you would not be able to jump while over-encumbered.

That might make it next to impossible to walk home when there is a mountain you had to climb...
Old 2011-07-06, 16:39   Link #164
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If they take ideas from Fallout 3, it might be very possible that you would not be able to jump while over-encumbered.

That might make it next to impossible to walk home when there is a mountain you had to climb...
I tried cheating when I had just one item I didnt want to get rid of, i just put it out of my invitory and carry it there by using the interacting button
Old 2011-07-07, 08:55   Link #165
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The linking of encumbrance limit to stamina is a great idea. As I always struggled with carrying enough loot.

Though now I have a serious choice to make; am I really willing to sacrifice mana/health just to carry more stuff? I am sure there are some crazy builds in the future that involve no stamina increases at all and count on your follower NPC to carry things for you.
I always play a full mage.. no weapon, no armor .. Got used to low encumberance limit. You get to be selective with what you want to bring home to sell

And linking encumberance to stamina was actually in OB, but somehow never implemented. Code is all there. ROM using it.. and there's another survival mod also activated the code as its base.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 07:08   Link #166
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I didn't played Morrowind & Oblivion but i read that people said that Morrowind > Oblivion & then Skyrim could be worse than Oblivion. They are raging cuz :

- Less skills
- Less stats
- 5 slot armor instead of 6
- Fallout 3 perks systems-like

And you what do you think ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 07:15   Link #167
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I didn't played Morrowind & Oblivion but i read that people said that Morrowind > Oblivion & then Skyrim could be worse than Oblivion. They are raging cuz :

- Less skills
- Less stats
- 5 slot armor instead of 6
- Fallout 3 perks systems-like

And you what do you think ?
Which of these are actually a negative if you never played previous games? And your typing style is making the impression that you are trying to troll. Please explain yourself before I put you on my Ignore list.

There are pathetic people who want a table-top RPG, that's all. And which part about Fallout3 perks is suppose to be bad? Perks are in original D&D for years, in case you did not know that.

Seriously, what infuriates me the most is that you claim you know nothing about any of the TES game series, yet attempt to pass off other people's judgements without understanding anything you typed. What do you know the stats are for? What do you know the armour slots are for? What are the skills you need? And you don't even know what Oblivion did wrong compared to Morrowind, even though we discussed it already in this very thread. In fact, you probably haven't bothered to read anything in this thread at all.

I had enough of the doomsday people, without needing anyone else parroting those guys word for word.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:24   Link #168
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol i'm not trolling , i just ask what do you think about this rage & this Skyrim. Will it be a good RPG game that will keep his promises ?
I mean , i don't want to make the same mistake as DA2. I didn't pay attention to the DA2 whinning then after playing it , they weren't wrong. So , will Skyrim be a real RPG with not easiness?
Old 2011-07-09, 07:29   Link #169
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Lol i'm not trolling , i just ask what do you think about this rage & this Skyrim. Will it be a good RPG game that will keep his promises ?
I mean , i don't want to make the same mistake as DA2. I didn't pay attention to the DA2 whinning then after playing it , they weren't wrong. So , will Skyrim be a real RPG with not easiness?
What's a "real RPG? What's "not easiness"?

We don't speak in code here. Since you never played a TES game, it makes nearly no difference what I tell you. And anyway I have no idea what you are asking about.

Ask me a more defined question than just "is this game a game" or "is the game hard". This is just silly and unhelpful to answer.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:41   Link #170
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

You saw DA & DA2 , you saw how Bioware killed DA franchise with DA2 - Rushed game , recycled environment , Overpowered Skills , Sleeping story , quest results only on blood fights....
True that i don't know Elders scrolls series but i'm interested to Skyrim and check if this is worth or not.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:56   Link #171
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
You saw DA & DA2 , you saw how Bioware killed DA franchise with DA2 - Rushed game , recycled environment , Overpowered Skills , Sleeping story , quest results only on blood fights....
True that i don't know Elders scrolls series but i'm interested to Skyrim and check if this is worth or not.
What does that have to do with TES?

All I see is that you copy and paste people's trolling attempts concerning Skyrim. Go and play Oblivion (VERY cheap now) with the recommended mods listed in this very thread further back and make up your own mind.

No one actually know if Skyrim is any good, the complaints are just from people who hate any kind of change and would dislike anything. If worst comes to worse, there is glaring flaws, we would just mod them away like we did with Oblivion.

Any game can fail. If you want to be sure, wait for reviews a few months after release. But anyone who think they know for a fact that Skyrim sucked has no idea what they are talking about.
Old 2011-07-09, 09:33   Link #172
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just showing what is the "easiness".

Yeah , i think i'll wait lot of reviews first this time.
I just don't like game that looks very good but in the end that was rather bad like DA2 or Ghotic 4. Don't wanna be a sheep again. Thx TW2 to save RPG franchise games , CDprojekt were honest to their games even though Namco Bandai sue them.
Old 2011-07-09, 09:41   Link #173
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

TBH, MW > OB was never a valid argument started back when OB first released.. Peoples are so used with modded MW that they use it as the benchmark. And its gonna get repeated again, when Skyrim release..

They releasing the CS.. thats pretty good enough reason for me to own the game 1 year after the release
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 11:03   Link #174
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Just showing what is the "easiness".

Yeah , i think i'll wait lot of reviews first this time.
I just don't like game that looks very good but in the end that was rather bad like DA2 or Ghotic 4. Don't wanna be a sheep again. Thx TW2 to save RPG franchise games , CDprojekt were honest to their games even though Namco Bandai sue them.
TES is a very different kind of RPG. As I say, you are better off buying Oblivion and try it out first to see if you like that sort of thing.
Old 2011-07-09, 11:33   Link #175
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Play oblivion, imagin better graphics, more mobs, more voice actors, and bosses.
Old 2011-07-10, 00:10   Link #176
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
TBH, MW > OB was never a valid argument started back when OB first released.. Peoples are so used with modded MW that they use it as the benchmark.
No, even vanilla MW was better than vanilla OB. Vvardenfell was a more exotic and imaginative setting than Cyrodiil. There were entire towns made of bug shells or mushrooms in addition to standard architecture, different types of dungeons with different environments, and hidden artifacts all over the place, none of that dumb leveled treasures crap. Not having significant voice acting allowed NPCs to have more things to say and longer dialogues.

MW's easily broken leveling system was also preferable to OB's stupid one where leveling up made one weaker and easy mode consisted of setting unwanted skills as your majors and minors and avoiding leveling up. Oh yeah, and bandits with high quality gear appear all the time, and guards level up alongside the MC so that even the champion can never be strongest.

Let's not also forget that OB considers axes to be blunt weapons, and that there were no spears nor flight magic.

OB had a better interface, better graphics, and regenerating mana, and that's about it.

Skyrim's frozen land is nice so far, but I'm gonna wait to see how the new leveling and storyline systems work before deciding whether to buy it. Of course, after that I'll have to wait for patches and mods before actually trying the game.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 03:32   Link #177
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Oblivion's biggest failure was its leveling system. If it wasn't for that, it would be a decent enough game even as vanilla. Let's just hope they learned from that and successfully implement the new supposedly better leveling system.
Old 2011-07-10, 05:32   Link #178
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Oblivion's biggest failure was its leveling system. If it wasn't for that, it would be a decent enough game even as vanilla. Let's just hope they learned from that and successfully implement the new supposedly better leveling system.
For all intent and purposes Bethesda had the complaint about the level scaling drummed into their heads for the last few years. As far as I can tell they learned their lesson and implemented the fixes in Fallout 3. (New Vegas is not Bethesda, so there was a slightly different system in place compared to Fallout3 proper.)

Now, ideally I don't want any level scaling at all, but it seems Bethesda is unable to abandon it completely, likely because it is too much work. So the compromise is to make the level scaling as undetectable as possible. We will see if they succeed soon enough.
Old 2011-07-10, 06:17   Link #179
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
TES is a very different kind of RPG. As I say, you are better off buying Oblivion and try it out first to see if you like that sort of thing.
Well dunno maybe cuz currently i'm busy with LoL , L4D2 , Alice , Fear 3 & more but i saw in Steam Store sale that the GOTY Deluxe which contains all extensions etc... = 18,74€
(but only english) or the GOTY with only 2 extensions = 14,99€.
Will see later.
Old 2011-07-11, 01:00   Link #180
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

If i can make a flight spell like in Morrowwind that can launch myself into low earth orbit I'll be happy.

My gripe with levelling was that the mobs 'levelled' with you. I just miss the old days where you go find a bunch of low level creatures and obliterate them for the luls, after you have a day of trudging through some high end dungeon. I mean, how hard is it to have mobs have different levels of difficulty? Stuff close to towns, nice and easy, deep forest a bit harder, some undead infested tomb or orc den, hardest. I miss those days.

I loved Morrowind, and I enjoyed Oblivion too, both of them modded or not. I'm hoping Skyrrim will be good too. Besides its Norse themed, that's like an auto-win in my book. Love that sort of story.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim