AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2015-02-08, 21:01   Link #1
Lagann_Horizon

Looking for an anime like The Devil is a Part-timer

So I finally expanded my anime horizons from action based anime and watched The Devil is a Part-timer. Now I would like to know if there are any other anime that are similar to this. I watch with my wife, so little to no ecchi or fan service. Thanks!
Old 2015-02-09, 01:36   Link #2
jedinat

Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Working!!
Servant x Service
Astro Fighter Sunred
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 19:03   Link #3
AnimeFangirl

Hayate the Combat Butler, about an impoverished butler and the tsundere he serves.
Old 2015-02-09, 21:43   Link #4
Lagann_Horizon

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely check out the Combat Butler and Working!
Old 2015-02-10, 06:20   Link #5
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be more specific, what is it about The Devil is a Part-timer that you liked?

Is it the way in which the comedy revolved around fantasy type characters dealing with real world phenomenon with a fantasy-type mindset? If that's the case, then I recommend Outbreak Company, which has a similar style of humour to it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 07:24   Link #6
Lagann_Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
To be more specific, what is it about The Devil is a Part-timer that you liked?

Is it the way in which the comedy revolved around fantasy type characters dealing with real world phenomenon with a fantasy-type mindset? If that's the case, then I recommend Outbreak Company, which has a similar style of humour to it.
That might be exactly what I am looking for! Thanks!
Old 2015-02-16, 02:36   Link #7
Ghiest Cid

Floor ni Maou ga Imasu(There's a Demon Lord in the Floor)
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 08:22   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

How about the slightly off-color but often amusing Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san? No ecchi or fanservice, but some "crude" humor about a detective who can summon demons to help solve mysteries. When the demons appear in our world they are transformed into hilariously chibi characters like these:
Images
for size
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The episodes are just twelve minutes long so you can decide quickly whether it fits your tastes.

Another comedy option might be Level E about an alien "prince" who has come to earth and takes up residence in the apartment of a high-school baseball player. It even has "Men in Black," and a similar premise. I found the arc about the super-sentai kids a bit slow, but the rest of the stories were pretty entertaining.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 12:20   Link #9
Lagann_Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
How about the slightly off-color but often amusing Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san? No ecchi or fanservice, but some "crude" humor about a detective who can summon demons to help solve mysteries. When the demons appear in our world they are transformed into hilariously chibi characters like these:
Images
for size
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The episodes are just twelve minutes long so you can decide quickly whether it fits your tastes.

Another comedy option might be Level E about an alien "prince" who has come to earth and takes up residence in the apartment of a high-school baseball player. It even has "Men in Black," and a similar premise. I found the arc about the super-sentai kids a bit slow, but the rest of the stories were pretty entertaining.
Level E is on my plan to watch list already, but Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san sounds interesting. I will check it out too, thanks!
Old 2015-02-16, 14:01   Link #10
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagann_Horizon View Post
Level E is on my plan to watch list already, but Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san sounds interesting. I will check it out too, thanks!
I forgot to mention Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis. There are "big-name" demons in that show, too, along with familiar archangels and even Jeanne d'Arc. It's a pretty entertaining romp with little in the way of fanservice, though Jeanne herself becomes a pretty hot number later on in the show.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 16:45   Link #11
cleo

Blood Lad is a fun (and underrated) series with a similar setting as The Devil is a part-timer.
Noragami is a nice mix of action, comedy and some drama in the mix, and so is Ao no Exorcist.
Arakawa under the Bridge is about a somewhat normal guy trying to deal with all the weirdo's around him.
And you can give Hoozuki no Reitetsu a try. No demon-lord in the real world, it's set in hell. But it's a great dark comedy with a bad-ass MC.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 03:41   Link #12
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
I second Blood Lad and Noragami, especially. I enjoyed both as much as i did "Part-timer", and they share a few similarities.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 00:26   Link #13
Siphine
The Dreamer

Amagi Brilliant Park is what I think of first

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote