AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-11-07, 03:25   Link #2501
Nagakun
The One who Peek

^Best start from Manga Chapter 1 and see how the arts changes a lot.

In any cases, once the chapter is out, I do hope there will answer to the Neah and Mana problem that caused when they were with Earl.
Old 2014-11-10, 01:44   Link #2502
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Manga that ended this year after going to about a decade or more of serialization that I read from beginning to end:
- World Embryo
- Claymore
- Naruto

Other manga that ended this year:
- Rosario to Vampire Part II
- Tokyo Ghoul (Part I)

After this manga ended I felt frustration that D.Gray-man continues wandering either in limbo or hiatus hell. I really love this manga, and I wish for nothing else than to see Katsura-sensei continue with its serialization.

But, whining and complaining won't get me anywhere. I have to go back with my life and carry on, until news appear that this manga is going to resume back.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 17:37   Link #2503
Casshern

Yes to be honest I don't believe she was sick but that she's just fed up with DGM. I wouldn't bother re-reading and rewatching because it'll just leave you wanting more of a manga that's never coming.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 03:59   Link #2504
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Yes to be honest I don't believe she was sick but that she's just fed up with DGM. I wouldn't bother re-reading and rewatching because it'll just leave you wanting more of a manga that's never coming.
You do not get fed up with something when it's your bread and butter. Also, she has not done any other manga work since DGM went on its bus ride. I'll be waiting, if only to see that it does not get a Claymore-style ending.
Old 2014-11-11, 04:31   Link #2505
Casshern

For whatever reason she's not doing DGM any more. The manga is a mess because every time she comes back the story is in a completely random place. If she can't or doesn't want to keep doing the manga they should just cancel it or give it to someone else to finish.
Old 2014-11-11, 04:39   Link #2506
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Considering how a fellow Jump Square series (Claymore) ended, I'm wondering if the editors in that department were smoking something.
Old 2014-11-11, 06:14   Link #2507
Nagakun
The One who Peek

Well, unless the mangaka really give up, then she might not even want to return. For someone sick and forcing her to do the manga, it no easy feat.

Try become one and you understand. I think she might have hit a story block.
Old 2014-11-11, 15:18   Link #2508
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Considering how a fellow Jump Square series (Claymore) ended, I'm wondering if the editors in that department were smoking something.
DGM should be so lucky to have an ending like Claymore right now, which is pretty sad considering it (DGM) used to be the best shounen manga at a time when Bleach and Naruto were still somewhat decent.

When the anime ended they said it would continue when the manga gained a bit more space (like Fairy Tail just did). I was really happy about that because I didn't want DGM to go to shit like some other shounen anime. I never expected the trainwreck that the manga ended up becoming.

In my opinion they need to rewrite everything from Cross Marian's death onwards. Only Kanda and Alma's arc are worth keeping. Reintroduce the new Noah and fill in the story gaps that Hoshino left.
Old 2014-11-11, 17:31   Link #2509
zibi88

dont worry she will mostly return in next year my bet is on february (march issue) the day when the 2years hiatus takes a full cycle ^^

as for the anime... well if they closely sticked to the manga story it would be amazing... they wasted to much episodes on useless fillers... and for now they have enought material to start new season but they wait for the series to get back and gain more popularity once again
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 19:40   Link #2510
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
DGM should be so lucky to have an ending like Claymore right now, which is pretty sad considering it (DGM) used to be the best shounen manga at a time when Bleach and Naruto were still somewhat decent.

When the anime ended they said it would continue when the manga gained a bit more space (like Fairy Tail just did). I was really happy about that because I didn't want DGM to go to shit like some other shounen anime. I never expected the trainwreck that the manga ended up becoming.

In my opinion they need to rewrite everything from Cross Marian's death onwards. Only Kanda and Alma's arc are worth keeping. Reintroduce the new Noah and fill in the story gaps that Hoshino left.
Hell no. I'll rather have it hanging than to have Claymore's style of ending.
Old 2014-11-12, 01:12   Link #2511
Nagakun
The One who Peek

same here... at least give the DGM a decent ending too =w=||
Old 2014-11-12, 01:17   Link #2512
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There is nothing stopping her from trying out a different story inbetween DGM had this really been the case- lots of authors take on multiple titles at the same time before. The fact that we completely haven't heard anything from her is more likely she's sick, have some personal life issue, a huge mental block, or all of the above.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 01:26   Link #2513
Nagakun
The One who Peek

It not that to get mental block or story block due to stress and pressure and collapse to illness due to those.

But let just continue our support for her and hope DGM come back as good as it prime and see what the story is heading... I remember she did draw original character art design for an anime during the hiatus, right?
Old 2014-11-12, 01:40   Link #2514
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There is nothing stopping her from trying out a different story inbetween DGM had this really been the case- lots of authors take on multiple titles at the same time before. The fact that we completely haven't heard anything from her is more likely she's sick, have some personal life issue, a huge mental block, or all of the above.
WTF are you talking about.... like 1-2weeks passed sincewe learned that the author has made an instagram account (someone has found it) and is showing that she already does draw DGM pages... no idea if she pilled up few chapters in backup or is currently doing the comeback chapter but its clear that she is alive and kicking

in spoiler I will put link to her account to see it for yourselfs....
Spoiler for DGM author is alive:

And if you look on the images date you can notice that she has already many many pages on 1pic and its from september... now we have november so she might have already few chapters beforehand so the deadlines wouldnt press her too much, so less health risk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Obviously I meant we haven't heard anything from her up till this point.

And obviously I was replying to the above-above post about Hoshino not being interested in DGM anymore.
ok, then... since you were not quoting so hard to distinguish who you were talking to

well she is bad...very bad at english so she felt no need to do that account if she cant comunicate but apperently her editor made that for her or at least made her try... and after that she is using google trans like translators to communicate

anyway its good she is ok now and does post a picture like each week

Last edited by zibi88; 2014-11-12 at 01:51.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 01:42   Link #2515
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Obviously I meant we haven't heard anything from her up till this point.

And obviously I was replying to the above-above post about Hoshino not being interested in DGM anymore.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 02:13   Link #2516
Nagakun
The One who Peek

It also good that we will expect the chapter to be something to look forward to (=x= |)
Old 2015-07-01, 11:23   Link #2517
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

D.Gray Man is restarting on Jump SQ Crown, a seasonal magazine.
In other words, only four chapters a year.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 11:32   Link #2518
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
D.Gray Man is restarting on Jump SQ Crown, a seasonal magazine.
In other words, only four chapters a year.
Restarting....?

What happened to its run on the former mag?
Old 2015-07-01, 11:51   Link #2519
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Terminated of course. Or how else it can be transferred to a new magazine?
Oh, the scans are flying all over the place on twitter now.
https://twitter.com/yarare_kanrinin/...79140866523136
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 11:53   Link #2520
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Yes...but for what reason? Fallout with Katsura?

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural