Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-03, 08:32   Link #61
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
No ending (or enjoyable hint of an ending) for Hollichigo, Ichigo mom's story, Isshin's story, or the Soul king? T_T

Oh, and the word BLEACH...I always envisioned some random SS character we never knew would say something like:
"Oh that's where the souls go to get Bleached...
Some say these bitter souls are reborn yet have to
pay their penitence being trapped in the swo...Ermm ...
Nevermind, that's just an old rumor I guess..."

I could have ended Bleach better, but an ending is an ending, an in anime, good god if you get one...8 years feels like one big flash step., but we did travel to some good places, didn't we?
Anime team can't do anything about it. It is Kubo who drags those topics, I still doubt he will answer all the questions -_-
Old 2012-04-03, 11:34   Link #62
Maxtro

No Bleach to watch this morning. I so sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
No ending (or enjoyable hint of an ending) for Hollichigo, Ichigo mom's story, Isshin's story, or the Soul king? T_T
Yeah that really bugs me.

And instead of that, we got the eXcution stuff that was basically indistinguishable from the anime fillers.

One thing I'd really like to see in a few years is some form of Bleach Kai. Start from the beginning and trim out all the fat. Same for Naruto.
Old 2012-04-03, 15:06   Link #63
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
the manga is so close to the official ending so why couldn't they just wait a few for months and give the anime the real ending. also whats the chances of the anime returnin and how long u think the wait will be
IF you read the op you would see that it has less views than midnight shows. less views=less money
Old 2012-04-03, 17:25   Link #64
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Anime team can't do anything about it. It is Kubo who drags those topics, I still doubt he will answer all the questions -_-
He basically George Lucased the show.
Old 2012-04-04, 22:56   Link #65
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

What manga chapter do I begin on, because I guess I'm finally gonna read manga now...
Old 2012-04-05, 16:16   Link #66
sayde

Chapter 480.
Old 2012-04-06, 12:42   Link #67
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Chapter 480.
While I'm sure I can get it the "other" way...Would this be in US comicbook stores already?
Old 2012-04-06, 16:04   Link #68
sayde

I'm gonna go ahead and tell you "no". But I stand open for correction.
Old 2012-04-07, 00:08   Link #69
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

With all honesty, this arc was pretty much badly conceived by the manga-ka. There are No reasons fully straightforward as to why Ginjou rebelled against Soul Society rather than he was flatly used by them.

Who is Kugo Ginjou? It is a question that never gets addressed at all in the Fullbringers arc.

Ichigo as annoying with his acid sense of humor and woodcut personality knows the only thing that does he gets to duke it out against Ginjou, because he sees no choice but to understand his enemy?
That's his gist!?

Honestly, if they wanted to stop the anime, then they should have done so at the very end of Aizen's defeat before the timeskip even if we would never have been treated about the Soul Society King. Although on a second note, the anime ends at this point, and yet we never got to see anything related to the SS King at all in the media.
Old 2012-04-10, 09:23   Link #70
Krono

Quote:
I'm gonna go ahead and tell you "no". But I stand open for correction.
Indeed, it would not be in bookstores yet. It would be readable through Shounen Jump Alpha (assuming you're in a country that it services), but the printed volumes for chapter 480 onward aren't even out in Japan yet, much less anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Honestly, if they wanted to stop the anime, then they should have done so at the very end of Aizen's defeat before the timeskip even if we would never have been treated about the Soul Society King. Although on a second note, the anime ends at this point, and yet we never got to see anything related to the SS King at all in the media.
I doubt "they" wanted to stop the anime. Rather "their" bosses, sponsors, etc, decided to cancel/not renew Bleach, and they had to wrap things up as best they could. As for where to end it, ending it after Aizen's defeat instead of going into a filler arc would be the better end point. However, ending it after Ichigo has his powers back is the better end point for if they want to be able to animate the remainder of the manga at some point.
Old 2012-04-10, 10:14   Link #71
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
With all honesty, this arc was pretty much badly conceived by the manga-ka. There are No reasons fully straightforward as to why Ginjou rebelled against Soul Society rather than he was flatly used by them.

Who is Kugo Ginjou? It is a question that never gets addressed at all in the Fullbringers arc.

Ichigo as annoying with his acid sense of humor and woodcut personality knows the only thing that does he gets to duke it out against Ginjou, because he sees no choice but to understand his enemy?
That's his gist!?

Right, because the anime staff knew the future, and just how crappy the ratings (and the source content) will be right?
They're not prophets.

And yes, Bleach's ratings were terrible. One of the worst of any Jump based anime out there.
Hell, anime airing late night that no one's ever heard of were doing better than Bleach.
You can't really blame them from canceling it... I mean, sponsors fund TV shows to generate ad revenue.
I understand a lot of fans want to blame someone, something, and frustrated, but really, Kubo's pretty much the sole reason.
Old 2012-04-10, 11:29   Link #72
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Right, because the anime staff knew the future, and just how crappy the ratings (and the source content) will be right?
They're not prophets.
Its true. They're not prophets. However, even the ratings during the finale of the deicide arc weren't good. So if the final episodes to a saga that took years to build up to couldn't even pull in decent ratings (at the very least), then perhaps they could've assumed this canon arc's ratings wouldn't fair much better. To be honest, in hindsight, I'm kind of surprised the anime managed to hold out for as long as it did.
Old 2012-04-10, 17:36   Link #73
Mists

Wow...I can't believe it ended. But at the same time I can't believe it lasted as long as it did. I think the ratings is correlated to the quality of the story. I wonder if Kubo will do anything after Bleach. It was so fresh in the beginning and awesome...then it felt kind of lazy...no offense to anyone, I'm not trying to troll.
Old 2012-04-11, 01:27   Link #74
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Its true. They're not prophets. However, even the ratings during the finale of the deicide arc weren't good. So if the final episodes to a saga that took years to build up to couldn't even pull in decent ratings (at the very least), then perhaps they could've assumed this canon arc's ratings wouldn't fair much better. To be honest, in hindsight, I'm kind of surprised the anime managed to hold out for as long as it did.
They actually canned airing in a lot of local stations around Japan over a year ago.
It's been only surviving in the key stations in major areas.
The ratings in outskirts were even worse, they couldn't afford to keep going.

It was just matter of time the key stations even gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
Wow...I can't believe it ended. But at the same time I can't believe it lasted as long as it did. I think the ratings is correlated to the quality of the story. I wonder if Kubo will do anything after Bleach. It was so fresh in the beginning and awesome...then it felt kind of lazy...no offense to anyone, I'm not trying to troll.
I've said this in the past, despite the fact I dislike Bleah and think it's one of the crappiest manga running in WSJ, Kubo as an artist is very talented, and great at writing attractive, interesting characters. He simply utterly lacks even the most fundamental concept of plotting.
I would lump Kubo in the same category as Oh Great, in that they would do SO much better if they got a partner to write for them.
Like the DN/Bakuman duo, he simply needs a good partner, and his next manga could be terrific.

Unfortunately Kubo's ego is the size of Tokyo dome, I doubt that's gonna happen.
Old 2012-04-15, 15:39   Link #75
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Really, finding out Bleach got canned was quite shocking to me.

How the heck did Bleach get canceled but Naruto stays on the air?

*Sigh* Bleach might have had its flaws, but I thought it was way better than Naruto.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2012-04-15, 18:51   Link #76
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Kubo dragging out the Arrancar/Aizen arcs in the worst way possible was probably the key factor.
Old 2012-04-15, 18:53   Link #77
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Really, finding out Bleach got canned was quite shocking to me.

*Sigh* Bleach might have had its flaws, but I thought it was way better than Naruto.
Naruto is not the best show but lately I was enjoying it more. It actually kills off good characters and has things planned out. It even has a war that looks like one instead of a one side slaughter that we got in Bleach.

Though in all honesty both shows became weak.
Old 2012-04-15, 20:49   Link #78
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Naruto is not the best show but lately I was enjoying it more. It actually kills off good characters and has things planned out. It even has a war that looks like one instead of a one side slaughter that we got in Bleach.

Though in all honesty both shows became weak.
Meh, once Kabuto got the Dragonballs I knew that series had fallen way to far to recover at all.

I'm actually shocked that I could continue to read the manga from the Great Snake Escape to that point, since it got worse week after week.

In comparison, Bleach, at least, was mildly entertaining, even during the final parts of the Aizen arc.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:34   Link #79
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
How about Naruto having three times the rating of Bleach?
What you think about the quality of the show has no bearing of what should be aired.

Bleach towards the end bobbed up and down the 1% mark, while Naruto stayed around 3%.
Meanwhile, Sket Dance and Gintama were around 2%, Toriko steady around 6%, and One Piece usually around 10-11%.

Bleach used to compete with Naruto, but ratings started sharply declining, and many non-metro areas started canceling it long before it came down to this.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:40   Link #80
sayde

Naruto definitely isn't for everyone. But I could see why its anime would get better ratings and keep more long time followers than Bleach--especially the viewers who follow the manga. To make a long story short, Naruto's been offering fans of it, consistent action to look forward to featuring important, powerful, hyped characters for awhile now. Its also offering conclusions to long time major mysteries and questions as its source material comes ever closer to reaching its final conclusion. It also didn't have to endure a restart-type arc. On the other hand, I can't say that about Bleach. And unfortunately, it seems the majority didn't find much to enjoy about its restart arc (the fullbring arc). Whats more is that even though its finally entered it's last arc, the light at the end of its tunnel still seems so far off.

Lastly, Naruto's plot is good at offering fans plenty of definite events to look forward to even though they may not be able to know how it will all play out. With Bleach, there's very little we know we can look forward to seeing or finding out. And there's just as little guarantee that the closure we do get will be sufficient or adequate. This series remaining fans are simply left with nothing but guesses and assumptions as we sit back and hope for the best. About the only thing we can say for sure is that in the end, Ichigo will likely be the one to get all the credit for beating the main bad guy again. In short, Naruto's just better at promising more to those who favor its plot.
Closed Thread