Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-12-20, 07:38   Link #121
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
What's with this guy always getting long pointy objects shoved into him? At least he got that ugly tattoo removed...
To be fair I don't think it's his fault at all, if someone is to blame it's Naruto : I don't know if you noticed but Naruto has a very debilitating and highly contagious disease that seems to make people jump in front of incoming pointy objects when they're around him.
It started with both his parent when he was a few hours old. Sarutobi tried his hardest to quarantine him but eventually Iruka fell prey to it and then all hell broke loose and Sasuke, Sarutobi, Tsunade, Neji (twice now, poor soul), etc. All were suddenly overwhelmed by the urge to met a pointy end. It's gotten so bad that even when he's not here, infected people lose control of themselves and like Jiraiya and Konan embrace the call of the edgy bits. Hell, only a few hours after meeting Naruto even the Raikage couldn't help himself and cut off his own arm when his opponent couldn't stab him deep enough to satisfy the Need.

So it's really neither Hinata (infected during the Pain fight) nor Neji's fault, they saw an occasion and jumped for it, literally.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 08:36   Link #122
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
To be fair I don't think it's his fault at all, if someone is to blame it's Naruto : I don't know if you noticed but Naruto has a very debilitating and highly contagious disease that seems to make people jump in front of incoming pointy objects when they're around him.
It started with both his parent when he was a few hours old. Sarutobi tried his hardest to quarantine him but eventually Iruka fell prey to it and then all hell broke loose and Sasuke, Sarutobi, Tsunade, Neji (twice now, poor soul), etc. All were suddenly overwhelmed by the urge to met a pointy end. It's gotten so bad that even when he's not here, infected people lose control of themselves and like Jiraiya and Konan embrace the call of the edgy bits. Hell, only a few hours after meeting Naruto even the Raikage couldn't help himself and cut off his own arm when his opponent couldn't stab him deep enough to satisfy the Need.

So it's really neither Hinata (infected during the Pain fight) nor Neji's fault, they saw an occasion and jumped for it, literally.
Well Said!
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 09:25   Link #123
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

I think this ranks up there with your theory that Beards + Smoking = Death .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post

main character.
Not really addressed to you Kenu, but rather this idea that Neji is somehow important.

Since when has Neji ever been a main character? Besides Team 7, Shikimaru and Hinata, I'm loath to even call any of the Konoha 11 secondary character. They've always been fairly tertiary to the story, with only a few highlights relevant enough to make them secondary characters.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 10:34   Link #124
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

I never expected Neji of all people to die. It really shows how strongly his friends care for Naruto. I don't think he really realized that the classmates that hated him as a kid are ready to die for him now. Now, it's real.

As for Hinata, I've gotta say this now. I've become a Hinata fan. I shipped NaruSaku before, but this... this changed my opinion completely, but it took other developments to get there. Hinata already gained my respect after Pain. Then Sakura being confirmed to be useless for the rest of the manga- I don't really think she's going to have another Sasori-like battle or more character development anymore. I held out for that for a long time, but I don't believe it's coming anymore. Hinata's stepped up and become the heroine of this manga. While Sakura does have feelings for Naruto, she's too ashamed to really admit it. Hinata put her feelings into action without a second thought. She stood very strongly here. Stronger in her conviction and faith in herself than she did while even fighting Pain. She isn't just a shy, boring character who does nothing anymore. She'll be recognized and replace Hanabi. If she doesn't, then there is no justice in the world.

As for Obito, he now holds the power to decide this battle. He realizes that Madara can't really make him do anything. He only went along with the plan because he believed in it too. He can blueball him if he wants to. Will he be convinced by Naruto though after seeing Neji die? I really am not sold on it. Not without some real struggle first. I think people are taking the revival thing out of context. The only reason it was brought up was because Madara would need it to become the jinchuriki of the 10 tails. I think they'll go up to the full out 10 tails transformation and have to face that before we see the end of this.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 12:07   Link #125
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Neji wasn't important. I didn't even remember him til this chapter. He should of died during the Kidomaru fight. It's just the idea that Kishi would touch the K11, that has people freaking out. Not that I give a crap, but go on places like tumblr and you'll see. Weeping over some character that had about 20 lines in all of Shippuden. They were even weeping over Shikaku and Inoichi. And then the "If Kishimoto now kills Sasuke, Shikamaru, Gaara, Hinata, etc, I am done with the manga!!!"

Apparently the only person he can kill is Choji, cause no one likes him. Or Shino, cause no one would even notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suika-Esper View Post
I never expected Neji of all people to die. It really shows how strongly his friends care for Naruto. I don't think he really realized that the classmates that hated him as a kid are ready to die for him now. Now, it's real.
Neji technically died for Hinata. If he did nothing, Hinata would of taken the pointy things for Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
I hope they give Neji some screentime in Anime War fight fillers. Maybe a Filler fight with his father, that would be nice to watch. (I hate how they are wasting money on useless fillers right now....*sigh*....Naruto Anime team needs to get fired.)
Neji's father was already taken care of by Choji. What is the difference between war filler and other filler? It is filler.

If Neji fighting his father was important, and of any relevance, it would have been in the manga.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 12:48   Link #126
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I think this ranks up there with your theory that Beards + Smoking = Death .
The murderous goatee is still hard at work, people used to tell me that Shikaku proved me wrong but nobody is safe from this heinous facial hair.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 13:10   Link #127
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I don't take death seriously in a series like this anymore, I usually assume something will revive them since that has seemed to be the case as of recent.
yeah same, im kinda guessing Naruto will have the rinnegan at the end
Old 2012-12-20, 13:45   Link #128
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

If we are talking about main characters I think this series has only four: Naruto and Sasuke and to a lesser extent Kakashi and Sakura.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 13:52   Link #129
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
If we are talking about main characters I think this series has only four: Naruto and Sasuke and to a lesser extent Kakashi and Sakura.
Sakura? I thought her name was Kurama. We're talking about the same tsundere main character, right?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 14:15   Link #130
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Sakura is the furthest thing from a main character you can have in a manga. Gaara and Shikamaru are more main characters than her. Hinata and Ino make for better main heroines.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 15:52   Link #131
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Sakura? I thought her name was Kurama. We're talking about the same tsundere main character, right?
Kurama will turn out to have a female human form after this arc
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 15:59   Link #132
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Not that I considering her a protagonist but word of god initially labeled her like that. I think it was volume 1... oh

Quote:
Kurama will turn out to have a female human form after this arc
The shipping it's strong within this one XD
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 20:08   Link #133
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Recently the Nine Tails has been in the story more then Sakura. If Sakura wasn't a medic she may get more fight scenes as Kishimoto seems comfortable having Sakura mostly heal.

Ino isn't as good as healing as Sakura and she can use her mind control justu which seems to be why she gets more feats, here's their feats in the war compared:

Ino's feats in the war

Ino mind controlled Ginkaku (guy who ate nine tail meat) which let them seal him. She knocked Choji out of the way of edo Asuma's attack and mind controlled Obito to redirect the Ten Tails attack.

what Sakura has done to help in the war

She punched a Zetsu which helped the Alliance learn that Zetsu were impersonating their ninja and she healed people. Maybe I'm missing some things?

Ino is a side character yet she has more feats in the war then Sakura the main female character.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 00:02   Link #134
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Sakura helped take down of an Akatsuki member, That was the extent of her contributions to the series.
Old 2012-12-21, 15:30   Link #135
Casshern

They needed a token female to make a 3-person team, that was the extent of her contribution to the series.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 02:37   Link #136
defrule

Why not Death God seal the thing and auto-win?
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 03:52   Link #137
iBeast

This pacing is horrible. Neiji's appearance/death is random as hell. Just another plot maneuver by Kishi to make Naruto go apewire ala Hinata in the Pain series.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 04:35   Link #138
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
This pacing is horrible. Neiji's appearance/death is random as hell. Just another plot maneuver by Kishi to make Naruto go apewire ala Hinata in the Pain series.
What other pacing would you prefer? It was already shown how the whole army was running to save Naruto. The story focuses on Naruto and his enemy now, others get at most one chapter. If side characters get more the story will never end, considering the pace at which it unfolds. For some reason Kishimoto didn't want Neji to have a major role after the timeskip, as opposed to characters like Shikamaru, so one chapter is the most he gets now. I guess the author could not find a good role for Neji, or he simply didn't find Neji's character interesting enough. Also he doesn't have any special ability that can be good in relation to Naruto, so for example Kakashi's and Shikamaru's intelligence can augment Naruto's raw power. Then there are Sakura and Hinata who have to be there for a hero in shonen manga. So even if they were not as interesting as Neji they would have a reserved spot because they are the main hero's girls, actually that is what makes them special, so they automatically get more screen time than Neji.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 05:34   Link #139
HasuMasu
*Artist

Another, and possibly even more forms for the Ten Tails?

I like dat.

Looking forward to an even greater show of power.
Old 2012-12-22, 11:38   Link #140
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
Why not Death God seal the thing and auto-win?
They kinda need someone who knows how to form the seal. As far as I recall, the only two characters we know of that knew the technique are dead.