AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-01-23, 04:10   Link #1
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Infinite Stratos Character Creation and Fanfiction Discussion

Welcome to the Infinite Stratos Character Creation and Discussion thread.

This thread is a place where you can discuss your own Original Infinite Stratos characters, created by taking the principles known about the IS-universe into consideration.

As a reference, you can see some extra information in the following post:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=95

As most other threads, this is a discussion thread, thus you are expected to comment on other people's creations in case you submit your own character. Do not simply drop by to submit your creation.
Posts that serve only to submit a character without contributing anything to the discussion will be deleted. If you happen to come across such posts, feel free to use the Report button , so we can keep the discussion going. Discussion means that people will disagree with you. Try to listen to them before ignoring them for trying to ‘kill your darlings’

Remember: when creating a character it is important to give as much specific information as you can come up with. This will keep things more interesting for every one. Some basic things are:

Character's name
Looks (Hair style, color/eyes/physical profile/etc...)
Alignment (good/evil/chaotic/lawful etc...)
Personality
Powers (Device/Specialization/Combat Style/etc...)
Background (What hole did he/she crawl out of)
Anything else you can think of

Please avoid DBZ-like characters. Unstoppable gods with enough power to blow up a planet by accidentally sneezing doesn't make for a very interesting discussion, and is not faithful to IS-universe. Try to have the character as realistic as possible in term of abilities. If possible, try not posting too many characters in one post.

How detailed you describe everything is up to you, but the more details - the more things to discuss.

From this point and onwards (February 7), this thread will also serve as a place to discuss IS fanfic related material. All guidelines used in other fanfic threads will be carried over and we (the staff) expect that people will follow them.

*Guidelines and rules for fanfics:

Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
Be polite to your fellow forum members
Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-02-07 at 08:14.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 08:23   Link #2
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Haha. Wow, this is a potential melting pot for awesome creativity. I certainly didn't expect this specific type of thread though. So is this thread like a meeting and development room for potential fanfiction projects?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 08:53   Link #3
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Haha. Wow, this is a potential melting pot for awesome creativity.
Good sir, your simpering optimism makes a clear cynic out of me, not that I do not hope for some civilized discussion that leads to actual productivity, but I also was not born yesterday, don't cha know? ...Well, let's see where this goes.
Old 2011-01-23, 09:17   Link #4
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I am not too familiar with the mecha stuff, so I need more info. But I already made one since ep 1 came out

Spoiler for infinite stratos oc:

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2011-01-23 at 19:25.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 19:06   Link #5
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

INFINITE STRATOS: The Canon Universe

The GIRLS:

SaintessHeart:
- Rachel Hirashima Shiyi
- Jyun Kari

MeisterBabylon: Gou Karon

Keroko: Helena De Wolf

Saint X: Maria Antonia Estevez

Asuras: Alice Smith

Six Girls for now.

THE BOYS:

Terminator98: Alex Hikari

John117xCortana: Edward Elric

TEACHERS AND ETC...

MeisterBabylon: Saji Maximillian

Tk3997: Rachael Brown

THE COMPLETE ISOC INDEX by Termie

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-03-04 at 10:00.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 02:25   Link #6
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Well, this may somewhat conflict with the plot, but what the hell?

Spoiler for The Raven Takes Flight:
Old 2011-01-24, 09:31   Link #7
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post

Lol for AC

Old 2011-01-24, 17:48   Link #8
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Haha. Wow, this is a potential melting pot for awesome creativity. I certainly didn't expect this specific type of thread though. So is this thread like a meeting and development room for potential fanfiction projects?
Or it can be a fanfiction thread with heavy use of original characters. I find that that takes a the thread a lot further.

Also, if people would read everyone else's work and comment on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Good sir, your simpering optimism makes a clear cynic out of me, not that I do not hope for some civilized discussion that leads to actual productivity, but I also was not born yesterday, don't cha know? ...Well, let's see where this goes.
I wonder have you got in mind. The USA rep has already appeared and she has a TON of gear. Knowing you... Demogirl IS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I am not too familiar with the mecha stuff, so I need more info. But I already made one since ep 1 came out

Spoiler for infinite stratos oc:
Probably need a bit more information about the weapons it has. Otherwise, a good start!

Though the character description reminds me of someone I know who was voiced by Chiwa Saito in an anime about suicidal plushies.

That said, how are we going about the personal IS business? From what Rin mentions, there're only 3 personal cores in school, or at least in the year. Or are we going to retcon that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
It's all for kix and kibble broski, no need to whail on imagination just because it isn't intellectually intuitive.

Spoiler for My OC:

I'll have to finish this tomorrow.
CHEESY WEAPONS SPAAAAAAAAAAM

I love the smell of missile exhaust in the morning.

Again, another personal core? But asides from that, well-made!

As a sidenote, I find it hilarious that an IS is banned from being used for war, but all the canon IS we see so far, even the Shirogane, carries enough firepower to start one. Logically, I'd have my IS loaded with all sorts of paintball weapons, rather than incendiary stuff that can level a small building.

Quote:

Though once you ignore how much it rapes canon, it's a pretty good concept... just try and make it a bit more understandable in terms of specs to those of us who only know Armored Core by its title only?

~~~~~~

I'll repeat again, there's a preference for personal IS cores, but so far the IS academy has only 3: Rin, Ichika and Cecilia, as Houki mentions in episode 3. I went around that with an extensively-upgraded mass production IS for my OC, which again is a nod to my motherland's knack for buying old junk and turning them into upgraded obiang monsters. But as we can see, there's still personal cores popping up in the thread.

As the Dragonball rule goes, personal IS cores are implied to be much stronger than MPIS cores. Forcing everyone to use MPIS who provide a power ceiling to our creations and make it more believable. Also reduces the risk of being retconned by canon later.

What shall be our stance on them? Allow and retcon canon, or go back and do it again?
Old 2011-01-24, 18:13   Link #9
Asuras
Dictadere~!

It's all in the desire for a more customizable IS man, an MPIS significantly lowers the creativity involved with fan creation.

And, if these characters aren't even canon, why worry about such things as 3 personal IS being at the academy anyways?

I tried my best to balance out Osirus, heavily diluting melee and mobility for firepower. I already know of the Dragonball rule -and, being a frequent rp'er- so I try to keep things fair.

Elaborate on the meaning of retcon, please.

Last edited by Asuras; 2011-01-24 at 18:26.
Asuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 18:30   Link #10
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

That said, how are we going about the personal IS business? From what Rin mentions, there're only 3 personal cores in school, or at least in the year. Or are we going to retcon that?
Maybe I'm mistaken but my subs said there were only personal IS in Classes 1, which is Ichika's class and class 4. Rin then came in saying Class two now also has a Personal IS. Also that's only the first year students not counting the second or third year ones.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 18:35   Link #11
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
It's all in the desire for a more customizable IS man, an MPIS significantly lowers the creativity involved with fan creation.

And, if these characters aren't even canon, why worry about such things as 3 personal IS being at the academy anyways?

I tried my best to balance out Osirus, heavily diluting melee and mobility for firepower. I already know of the Dragonball rule -and, being a frequent rp'er- so I try to keep things fair.

Elaborate on the meaning of retcon, please.
You see, in the other 3/4 OC threads I've been, we all accomodated canon in some way, and I felt that MPIS can still be creative, just that you have to be really creative in the creativity, which to me is a neat challenge.

Retcon in this situation means saying "my OC is USA's representative" and canon one day introduces the actual US rep, rendering your OC moot.

But if we're going by a modified AU based on canon, I needn't have worried. It'd be more like those BROBs on spacebattles I've been getting into lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Maybe I'm mistaken but my subs said there were only personal IS in Classes 1, which is Ichika's class and class 4. Rin then came in saying Class two now also has a Personal IS. Also that's only the first year students not counting the second or third year ones.
Hmm... Good point. So if you want to have a personal IS, you can't be directly involved with the canon cast, because you won't be in the same year.

Sounds like a neat balance there. Gives people a reason to take MPIS (like myself).
Old 2011-01-24, 18:47   Link #12
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Hmm... Good point. So if you want to have a personal IS, you can't be directly involved with the canon cast, because you won't be in the same year.

Sounds like a neat balance there. Gives people a reason to take MPIS (like myself).
Unless you plan on writing a fan fiction, there's no reason to really be involved with them.
Old 2011-01-24, 20:48   Link #13
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:

Though once you ignore how much it rapes canon, it's a pretty good concept... just try and make it a bit more understandable in terms of specs to those of us who only know Armored Core by its title only?
Think of it as the only way to explain why can another guy be forced to live on Campus with Ichika (not in the same room, just the same Academy, his AC Garage is a quarters by itself. With enough room for warehouse raves . Since Canon explicitly states only girls can use IS, I needed a mech with enough kick to fight IS in battle but not be at an absolute advantage. Hence why Armored Cores was a prime choice.

Also, the idea of the crossover begins with the end of the events of Last Raven (Known to him as the 24 hour war.) where the AC3 world was desperately trying to find a way to survive after Vertex defeated the Alliance, with little resources left and only a single Raven qualified to be a soldier. They began a frantic search for other Layered societies but instead found a transport matrix which takes them to IS Earth. The IS Earth was clean and pristine enough to "expand in" and the event takes place before the events of IS.

To accomodate the Raven shortage, an impressment of MT pilots to AC piloting began. Because of the harsh training and near suicidal missions given, many AC Pilots went rogue and found their own warlord kingdoms in the world. While some work for the other corps, others were soon treated as champions of the old social order, men who could instill a sense of pride again to the disenfrachised male society who now have lower social status thanks to the IS.
Old 2011-01-24, 22:56   Link #14
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Unless you plan on writing a fan fiction, there's no reason to really be involved with them.
Well I am actually so...

Quote:
Think of it as the only way to explain why can another guy be forced to live on Campus with Ichika (not in the same room, just the same Academy, his AC Garage is a quarters by itself. With enough room for warehouse raves . Since Canon explicitly states only girls can use IS, I needed a mech with enough kick to fight IS in battle but not be at an absolute advantage. Hence why Armored Cores was a prime choice.

Also, the idea of the crossover begins with the end of the events of Last Raven (Known to him as the 24 hour war.) where the AC3 world was desperately trying to find a way to survive after Vertex defeated the Alliance, with little resources left and only a single Raven qualified to be a soldier. They began a frantic search for other Layered societies but instead found a transport matrix which takes them to IS Earth. The IS Earth was clean and pristine enough to "expand in" and the event takes place before the events of IS.

To accomodate the Raven shortage, an impressment of MT pilots to AC piloting began. Because of the harsh training and near suicidal missions given, many AC Pilots went rogue and found their own warlord kingdoms in the world. While some work for the other corps, others were soon treated as champions of the old social order, men who could instill a sense of pride again to the disenfrachised male society who now have lower social status thanks to the IS.
So are the Cores the giant monsters we seen in the trailers or are they shrunken after going through that matrix?
Old 2011-01-24, 23:16   Link #15
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Well I am actually so...

So are the Cores the giant monsters we seen in the trailers or are they shrunken after going through that matrix?
The same monster sized mechs, we need a good reason of "Chicks dig giant robots"
Old 2011-01-25, 00:30   Link #16
blitz1/2

Quote:
Or it can be a fanfiction thread with heavy use of original characters. I find that that takes a the thread a lot further.

Also, if people would read everyone else's work and comment on them.

I wonder have you got in mind. The USA rep has already appeared and she has a TON of gear. Knowing you... Demogirl IS?

Probably need a bit more information about the weapons it has. Otherwise, a good start!

Though the character description reminds me of someone I know who was voiced by Chiwa Saito in an anime about suicidal plushies.

CHEESY WEAPONS SPAAAAAAAAAAM

I love the smell of missile exhaust in the morning.

Again, another personal core? But asides from that, well-made!

As a sidenote, I find it hilarious that an IS is banned from being used for war, but all the canon IS we see so far, even the Shirogane, carries enough firepower to start one. Logically, I'd have my IS loaded with all sorts of paintball weapons, rather than incendiary stuff that can level a small building.

~~~~~~

I'll repeat again, there's a preference for personal IS cores, but so far the IS academy has only 3: Rin, Ichika and Cecilia, as Houki mentions in episode 3. I went around that with an extensively-upgraded mass production IS for my OC, which again is a nod to my motherland's knack for buying old junk and turning them into upgraded obiang monsters. But as we can see, there's still personal cores popping up in the thread.

As the Dragonball rule goes, personal IS cores are implied to be much stronger than MPIS cores. Forcing everyone to use MPIS who provide a power ceiling to our creations and make it more believable. Also reduces the risk of being retconned by canon later.

What shall be our stance on them? Allow and retcon canon, or go back and do it again?
Well, I don't mind explaining. What do you want to know?
The vice grips are just claws designed to grasp/clamp within 10 m to draw them towards Seraphim

Shocker cables = think of heat rods from gundam, aka whips of electricity designed to shock and disable.

Excalibur anti field blades
- The primary melee weapon, it is a solid based weapon designed to penetrate absolute defense blades at no expense of energy from the core. However, it is a heavy blade and is not very manueverable.
- When split in 2, it loses it's piercing field abilities but allows seraphim to wear down the enemy's field with fast constant blows. (or via throwing)

Old 2011-01-25, 00:42   Link #17
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Electric weapons are banned under the rules of the Alaska treaty since it harms the pilot directly and prevents the Absolute Barrier from activating
Old 2011-01-25, 10:06   Link #18
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Quote:
It's all for kix and kibble broski, no need to whail on imagination just because it isn't intellectually intuitive.
Oh very well: for broskis it is. Feel free to set the flamethrower on me if you like. I am about to go break a leg and hope for the best, but as an artist, I would appreciate some constructive criticism at the expense of my ego.

Quote:
She HAS? Well, shoot, Babylon, don't hold out on me this time, okay? Shoot me a PM with an image linkie for her or any info too, please.

As for what I am going to do, just look on down and you'll see...soon enough.

Quote:

Hnnnn, well, I'll be damned you and I actually have a similar knowledge base and ambition. Guess evil minds can think alike too. Your product is rather raw and hard to understand for folks who don't have a clue at all how Armored Core works, but if you don't mind me cramping your style, I'd like to show off my proposal too.

It's really quite self-explanatory... A funny combination of Armored Core, Super Robot Wars, Armored Trooper Votoms, and Full Metal Panic all selectively cut-and-pasted into the IS universe's plain and obvious G Gundam gone School RomanComedy MOE ethos.

Trust me, it's a lot better than it sounds.
Old 2011-01-25, 16:12   Link #19
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Sure, I want to see what you got to offer for Armored Core meets IS.
Old 2011-01-25, 17:36   Link #20
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
The same monster sized mechs, we need a good reason of "Chicks dig giant robots"
Even so, that's way overkill! After all, the girls are probably only a foot tall relative to the Cores. Just stepping on them would be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Well, I don't mind explaining. What do you want to know?

The vice grips are just claws designed to grasp/clamp within 10 m to draw them towards Seraphim

Shocker cables = think of heat rods from gundam, aka whips of electricity designed to shock and disable.

Excalibur anti field blades
- The primary melee weapon, it is a solid based weapon designed to penetrate absolute defense blades at no expense of energy from the core. However, it is a heavy blade and is not very manueverable.
- When split in 2, it loses it's piercing field abilities but allows seraphim to wear down the enemy's field with fast constant blows. (or via throwing)
...certainly built for anti-ABS combat aren't we?

Ah well, like I said, not like Karon's Merlion Imouto is firing paintballs either.

Quote:
She HAS? Well, shoot, Babylon, don't hold out on me this time, okay? Shoot me a PM with an image linkie for her or any info too, please.

As for what I am going to do, just look on down and you'll see...soon enough.
I was refering to Asuras' OC...

Canonically, I'm guessing Houki's oneechan to be related to the US somehow. Because of USAgi-mimi.

Quote:
It's really quite self-explanatory... A funny combination of Armored Core, Super Robot Wars, Armored Trooper Votoms, and Full Metal Panic all selectively cut-and-pasted into the IS universe's plain and obvious G Gundam gone School RomanComedy MOE ethos.

Trust me, it's a lot better than it sounds.
It would have left a much less cracky mental image had SRW not been included.

All we need now is a certain crazy hotblooded goose jumping in with some incest...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest