AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-17, 19:15   Link #8041
Eratas123

@ Zero - Hopefully you'll pass, I need to read more sacred twins
Old 2011-11-17, 19:16   Link #8042
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - You think people will get weirded out by protags who die? I've read stories in the archive and I haven't seen any yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I think Supporting Protagonist die a lot in thriller/ war novel, but still mostly from Main Character's POV. For POV bearer to die suddenly is definitely dramatic moment.
Quote:
@ Zero - Wonder if I should kill Irish.....
Quote:
Its up to you either way because frankly speaking, either way it's good.

What dangerous is that if one or more readers grows attached to Irish, and having him die will strike the hell out of him. Irish also already became a part of male OC ensemble.
If one of the OCs goes out (especially if it's a guy), I expect it to be like this...
Spoiler for Death Scene:

But that's just me.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 19:16   Link #8043
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Hopefully you'll pass, I need to read more sacred twins
Can you start reading the first three chapter and compare it to chapter 4? I need corrections for Madoka's character consistency but unable to notice what's odd.

@Meister, my question in previous page.
Old 2011-11-17, 19:25   Link #8044
Eratas123

@ Zero - Sure, I'll do it now.

@ Jak - Have you played Modern warfare 3? Michaels death is just like Harkov's (giy shot in the face by Makarov)
Old 2011-11-17, 19:51   Link #8045
Eratas123

@ Zero - I just read chapter 1 and chapter 4. I don't really notice a difference in her characterization. She doesn't seem like a Kuudere (the all hail Orimura thing pretty much cements that)
Old 2011-11-17, 20:00   Link #8046
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - I just read chapter 1 and chapter 4. I don't really notice a difference in her characterization. She doesn't seem like a Kuudere (the all hail Orimura thing pretty much cements that)
Well Kuudere, just like Tsundere has various degrees (such as Rin > Houki > Cecilia > Madoka, yes, Cecilia is a B-type Tsundere in Sacred Twins and Madoka DID have some elements, but so thin it goes unnoticed), the "all Hail Orimura" thing is a backfired joke originally to torment Ichika (it's part of dere side mind you) but somehow stick on him like glue.

As for Kuu-aspect, it's mostly from other character's POV (kuu in kuudere means "cold facade"), otherwise she's a sweet imouto, as noticed by Houki who known her more than even Ichika does (mostly due to their similarities).

Of course, "Harsher in Hindsight" is a friend of me and Blitz, and chapter 12 will reveal that Ichika used to be called "Snowy emperor of the Silver Throne" when he was in the middle school, a Student Council President that DOUBLES as leader of the strongest gang composed of underdogs, nerds, and model students (?!).
Old 2011-11-17, 20:12   Link #8047
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm happy to announce that Infinite Stratos Vandam I is undergoing final post-production to be published to FF.net.

I felt appropriate to include a disclaimer: "This is not the Infinite Stratos fic you seek." After all, my writing is so different from everyone else.
Old 2011-11-17, 20:14   Link #8048
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I'm happy to announce that Infinite Stratos Vandam I is undergoing final post-production to be published to FF.net.

I felt appropriate to include a disclaimer: "This is not the Infinite Stratos fic you seek." After all, my writing is so different from everyone else.
It'll be jarringly awesome you know, the reader will be awestruck.

That aside, my question still stand.
Old 2011-11-17, 20:22   Link #8049
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Why not? Trajectory calculation, for those IS-es speeding across the skies with slow turn rates due to inertia, you can technically crash a shell into an IS.
The problem with this is that the AIC on Schwarz Regen is modified from IC found on normal IS. So normal IS already have near-zero inertia...

You could still shoot amateurs with a tank gun. In my stories, amateurs die very fast, its the pros or the talented or the downright lucky who survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

I'll be writing how she acquires that weapon in my fanon this fic.

Quote:
@ Meister - Make's sense, they're just teenage girls so it doesn't really concern them. Just a question, why is Karon such a late bloomer? In most cases, the pare ts would take her to a doctor if she keeps looking like that no matter what they do.
As you'll find out later, Karon's mother is a hardcore tsundere, and tends to overly dote on her children. Even more so for Karon, who was born a small baby and followed her pattern of growth throughout her life, so it is not because of a disease. For the girl, she deduces that all her nutrients went to her brain, though the real implication of that deduction only comes to light later.

Quote:
It'll be jarringly awesome you know, the reader will be awestruck.

That aside, my question still stand.
I know. I'd like to see what fallout comes from this.

Could you point me to it? I didn't find it while digging thru backlog.
Old 2011-11-17, 20:27   Link #8050
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

ASSUMING I'll use Haruka Tomatsu as VA, which one fits her better, Madoka or Tatenashi? And who'll fit the other one?
Old 2011-11-17, 20:39   Link #8051
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Ayahime for Madoka, in her Feldt Grace range morphing into her Sphere Club range when you need more oomph from her. Haruka in Kannagi range is great for Tatenashi, and she still has a soft range for when Tate goes dere.
Old 2011-11-17, 20:40   Link #8052
Eratas123

@ Zero - Did you watch Mayo Chiki? The voice for the Oujo sama reminds me of Tatenashi.

Side note -

Karon's mom - Tsundere who dotes on her kid.

Ichika's "mom"/Chifuyu - Kuudere with slight bro-con

Kyuukai's mom/Tabane - Genki girl with a mad scientist streak.

Irish's mom/Maya - Cute clumsy girl who tries to get to know her son more.

Pretty odd family, huh? I can't wait till they work together to stage an intervention after all the things their kids pull, it'll be gruesome

@ Meister - When is Vandam appearing? I'd love to read it
Old 2011-11-17, 20:45   Link #8053
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Ayahime for Madoka, in her Feldt Grace range morphing into her Sphere Club range when you need more oomph from her. Haruka in Kannagi range is great for Tatenashi, and she still has a soft range for when Tate goes dere.
WOOT! Feldt as Madoka?! SIGN ME IN!

Quote:
@ Zero - Did you watch Mayo Chiki? The voice for the Oujo sama reminds me of Tatenashi.
I burned my Mayo Chiki Bootleg DVD along with Zero No Tsukaima ones, the end.
Old 2011-11-17, 20:50   Link #8054
Eratas123

@ Zero - Why? The male lead doesn't get abused even close to the levels of Zero no Tsukaima. That, and the girl defrosts by episode 3 rather than episode 12.

Side note - How long does hair dye last? A few months right?
Old 2011-11-17, 20:55   Link #8055
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Why? The male lead doesn't get abused even close to the levels of Zero no Tsukaima. That, and the girl defrosts by episode 3 rather than episode 12.
Said DVD only covers first four episodes, worth it...

Quote:
Side note - How long does hair dye last? A few months right?
Depends, I once dyed my hair red and it stay like that for 1.5 years...my brother has his hair return to near-natural color by 4-6 months (I forgot).
Old 2011-11-17, 20:59   Link #8056
Eratas123

@ Zero - How do you deconstruct the violence in Sacred twins? I need some tips.

@ Meister - Does Max get hit with Slapstick a lot?
Old 2011-11-17, 21:07   Link #8057
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - How do you deconstruct the violence in Sacred twins? I need some tips.
I use Ichika as walking indicator for that (no offense), if he's disturbed/ angry, then it means that the verbal and physical violence gone too far, if he gone berserk, it means shit hits the fan, and HOW.

Chapter 6: Ichika intervenes Madoka and Rin's attack on each other
Chapter 7: Ichika ALMOST punched Rin in the face (though inverted in that it was Ichika's berserk button) so it's Ichika at fault.
Chapter 9: Ichika gone "WTF Heroines?!" on Rin and Cecilia's action, so angry that Rina and Cecilia shrunk down.

Planned: Ichika mauling three thugs, Ichika override ByakuShiki limiter and goes rampage on Laura.
Old 2011-11-17, 21:15   Link #8058
Eratas123

@ Zero - Any tips on how to deconstruct it for Ichika's segments in Shadow? I'll ask Rain for Kyuukai's while Irish's is already set (he hits back and most of the time, the attacks on him seriously injure him like Talia)
Old 2011-11-17, 21:21   Link #8059
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Any tips on how to deconstruct it for Ichika's segments in Shadow? I'll ask Rain for Kyuukai's while Irish's is already set (he hits back and most of the time, the attacks on him seriously injure him like Talia)
Considering you use Canon characterization, nope, impossible. At best Ichika will yell at them but SINCE you use the canon characterization, they'll yell back and being bi-

*Was shot*

Of course, I knew you had some plan for Laura, but how about other girls? Would they stay the same or different?

Edit: Well you once successfully pulled the deconstruction with Houki's abuse on Ichika, something like that will work.
Old 2011-11-17, 21:24   Link #8060
Eratas123

Houki's already different and Cecilia is nicer as seen by chapter 2 and 3. I have no idea with Rin though, I know why she's so clingy but I don't know to deconstruct her Yandere tendencies

@ Rain - How do I deconstruct the slapstick for Kyuukai?

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-11-17 at 21:36.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest