Notices

Old 2012-01-11, 19:14   Link #201
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
love Madoka! very fun to watch this

Spoiler for nsfw:
Wow, the sexy official art is starting already. Kind of feeds into my Largrange = EVA thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroYamada View Post
according to this japanese blog, ep 1 was really popular, but it is shame that I still haven't seen this anime
By the way TaroYamada, thanks for the info and the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
It's not everyday I see mech fights where german suplexes are involved. Definitely going to continue watching this anime.
I honestly think that was one of the best parts, I actually laughed out loud. You know, considering how much punching/kicking in mecha combat, we really don't see any real martial art or wrestling moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Madoka is a school idol Mary Sue almost good at everything that helps everybody.
I really don't see the Mary Sueness of Madoka. So she is good at tennis and likes kendo and has a desire to help people, I really don't see what is inexplicable about that. Anyway, this is a mecha series, and one of the less serious ones, I am not expecting a perfectly realistic lead, but a fun one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
She won by a suplex? Squishy mecha aren't they? And Madoka, IMO, seems to have the same feel as Takuto of Stardriver, that "nice guy/nice babe next door" feel.

And, make no mistake, Madoka is hawt!
Well if your mech is slammed face first into the tarmac, it might not receve much damage, but you might be well messed up. And I agree with you she definitly has the realy nice girl next door feel.
Old 2012-01-11, 19:15   Link #202
Xaturas

So is it worth the time? Or its some kind of Ecchi anime meets Evangelion?
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 19:22   Link #203
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
So is it worth the time? Or its some kind of Ecchi anime meets Evangelion?
If you like mecha anime with a fun side and a sense of humor, then yes. Like people pointed out up thread, this is an anime where in the first episode the lead takes out an alien mech with a German suplexe! Really, give it a shot, I think you will enjoy it.
Old 2012-01-11, 19:31   Link #204
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
love Madoka! very fun to watch this

Spoiler for nsfw:
Tasty poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroYamada View Post
according to this japanese blog, ep 1 was really popular
I can easily imagine that. I'd say it looks already a good bit better than the last big Mecha series, IS.
Old 2012-01-11, 19:42   Link #205
Xaturas

Ok will watch it later.

As for the poster hmmmm strange, her left boob is smaller, and it doesn't seem like its caused by lifting her hand ... In real life its normal to have asymmetrical boobz but in anime O_o.
Old 2012-01-11, 19:58   Link #206
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Ok will watch it later.

As for the poster hmmmm strange, her left boob is smaller, and it doesn't seem like its caused by lifting her hand ... In real life its normal to have asymmetrical boobz but in anime O_o.
Seems like it's caused by the angle of the body She looked liked she side-stepped away from the camera while facing it.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 20:04   Link #207
Xaturas

Hmm as far as I see it her left side is closer to the camera while her upper body is bending right. If that was the case then her right boob should be smaller not left ^^. It looks funny (btw I'm talking about her perspective).
Old 2012-01-11, 22:17   Link #208
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Ok will watch it later.

I am thinking maybe its just how her top is clinging to her skin is the reason why her breasts look different sizes. Her left breast is more defined by her top, so I think maybe that's why it looks smaller.

I hope you enjoy the series Xaturas.
Old 2012-01-12, 04:06   Link #209
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

"Rinne no Lagrange": Episode 1

I decided to break out of my "only watch finished anime" self-experiment for this show, and I'm fairly impressed by the first episode. Nothing really says that Rinne no Lagrange is going to be a mind-blowingly awesome anime, but it looks like it'll be at least a decent, solid anime. So far it seems to be pointed in the direction of a fun light-hearted sci-fi mecha series, but I wonder if it'll kick in a really dark plot later on.

Madoka's delightful effervescence has further solidified my love for energetic women. And her robot is so freaking pretty with the way it glistens! In fact, every setting in this anime so far has been eye candy. It's pleasant to watch.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 13:36   Link #210
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I decided to break out of my "only watch finished anime" self-experiment for this show, and I'm fairly impressed by the first episode. Nothing really says that Rinne no Lagrange is going to be a mind-blowingly awesome anime, but it looks like it'll be at least a decent, solid anime. So far it seems to be pointed in the direction of a fun light-hearted sci-fi mecha series, but I wonder if it'll kick in a really dark plot later on.
Personaly I was looking for a light-hearted mecha series, so I am really, really glad for this one. I would not mind some darker plot later on towards the end, as long as they don't sudenly just chuck the feel of the series for GRIM DARK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Madoka's delightful effervescence has further solidified my love for energetic women. And her robot is so freaking pretty with the way it glistens! In fact, every setting in this anime so far has been eye candy. It's pleasant to watch.
I just love Madoka's energetic personality. I really wonder why there has not been more female leads in mecha series like her. Honestly I can only think of Noriko from the original Gunbuster OVA.

Madoka: "Shouldn't robots be more *makes stiff limed robotic motions and metallic sounds*"

I honestly had the same reaction as Madoka to the mecha design. They don't look like giant robots. Now actually watching Vox Aura in action, I extremely love the design. Maybe in part because I really love transforming mecha. (If I could have one vehicle out of all of anime, I think it would be a VF-1 Valkyrie.)
Old 2012-01-12, 19:34   Link #211
djmaca
My Girl ↓

This anime needs a subforum fast! I could feel this will be a hit this season.
Old 2012-01-13, 10:31   Link #212
klare

lots of stripping in eps 1, but i dont mind^^

Lan may look like the typical quiet girl Rei clone, but she is actually fun and combine well with Madoka's jokes

the story sounds silly already, the first time pilot defeating trained pilots scene could be paying respect to Gundam... but as long as they dont go too emo or serious, this can be the show with most fun in this season, together with Pirates
Old 2012-01-13, 11:36   Link #213
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Anyone know what's up with the way madoka wears her pants?
Old 2012-01-13, 15:57   Link #214
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
lots of stripping in eps 1, but i dont mind^^

Lan may look like the typical quiet girl Rei clone, but she is actually fun and combine well with Madoka's jokes
I love how Lan, while still mostly an emotionless girl, still plays quite well with Madoka's joking. Hell she is pretty funny too.

Madoka: "How long have you been standing there?"
Lan: "Woof."

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
the story sounds silly already, the first time pilot defeating trained pilots scene could be paying respect to Gundam... but as long as they dont go too emo or serious, this can be the show with most fun in this season, together with Pirates
Yes, hopeful the can keep the balance of fun/action/drama we seen so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Fashionable asymmetry? Because she can?
Old 2012-01-13, 16:05   Link #215
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

German suplex... Madoka is a pragmatic brawler. She not above using concrete slabs as weapons or breaking limbs off robots. Fancy swords and blasters are for the other girls, I guess. She will probably go for the "shining finger."
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 17:55   Link #216
djmaca
My Girl ↓

^I always find brawler type mechs more fun, in game or in anime. Swords and guns are for wuss. Madoka is the poster girl for this season.
Old 2012-01-13, 20:13   Link #217
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
She can wear one-side rolled-up legs because she's da pimp!
Madoka - so hip it hurts XD
Old 2012-01-14, 00:35   Link #218
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
German suplex... Madoka is a pragmatic brawler. She not above using concrete slabs as weapons or breaking limbs off robots. Fancy swords and blasters are for the other girls, I guess. She will probably go for the "shining finger."
Heh, now I kind of want to see Madoka beat on one mech with anther whole mech. Seriously though, it seems her mech was actually designed for hand to hand combat, so its going to be interesting what moves she uses next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
^I always find brawler type mechs more fun, in game or in anime. Swords and guns are for wuss. Madoka is the poster girl for this season.
Yay, there is just something about 50 tons bashing each other. No wonder the most iconic mecha attack is the rocket punch.
Old 2012-01-14, 01:17   Link #219
Sol Falling

Wasn't initially gonna pick this show up. Then I heard about it being projected as the second best seller of the season, and with good impressions all around decided to give it a go.

This show screams sheer quality, imo--the animation, design, composition/editing etc.. I can really believe it'll be the next big thing (well, "big"; not Madoka or Bakemonogatari level, though, I certainly expect). This premier just oozes confidence/competence; I'll be following it to the end for sure.

(Kinda disappointed that much of the "discussion" in this thread has been complaining about Mary Sues and possible yuri instead.)

I disagree with the projections that this'll be a "light" mecha series, tbh. With the first episode, I feel like a fairly serious plot/drama has been set up. I don't really understand where people are coming from in terms of "cliche" or "predictability", 'cause thus far the setting feels fairly idiosyncratic or even mysterious to me: we've got hints of earth as a "planet that's already been destroyed once", an alien invasion composed of only three people, an earth defence force whose defence includes lasers in their basic armaments, reflective sub-space shields, and stuff. There is a faint hint of artificiality to the normality/naturalness of Madoka's life/the rest of Kamogawa, by contrast, which the rest of the show spent a lot of effort and did a lot of character work in Madoka to build up. Much more than most of the other series I've picked up this season, I can feel a serious narrative being set up.

(Kinda hyperbolic...? I admit that most of the above is just a vague feeling or guess. Still, while I'm enjoying a lot of the other shows I picked up for what feel like personal reasons, this is the only one I've picked up because I'm impressed.)
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 02:04   Link #220
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Wasn't initially gonna pick this show up. Then I heard about it being projected as the second best seller of the season, and with good impressions all around decided to give it a go.

This show screams sheer quality, imo--the animation, design, composition/editing etc.. I can really believe it'll be the next big thing (well, "big"; not Madoka or Bakemonogatari level, though, I certainly expect). This premier just oozes confidence/competence; I'll be following it to the end for sure.
Well if they can continue to deliver on the the quality of the visuals, characters, and story telling, then it just might be the next big thing.

Quote:
(Kinda disappointed that much of the "discussion" in this thread has been complaining about Mary Sues and possible yuri instead.)
Well unfortunilty there isn't much to go on yet so those are the two big things we can discuss.

Quote:
I disagree with the projections that this'll be a "light" mecha series, tbh. With the first episode, I feel like a fairly serious plot/drama has been set up. I don't really understand where people are coming from in terms of "cliche" or "predictability", 'cause thus far the setting feels fairly idiosyncratic or even mysterious to me: we've got hints of earth as a "planet that's already been destroyed once", an alien invasion composed of only three people, an earth defence force whose defence includes lasers in their basic armaments, reflective sub-space shields, and stuff. There is a faint hint of artificiality to the normality/naturalness of Madoka's life/the rest of Kamogawa, by contrast, which the rest of the show spent a lot of effort and did a lot of character work in Madoka to build up. Much more than most of the other series I've picked up this season, I can feel a serious narrative being set up.

(Kinda hyperbolic...? I admit that most of the above is just a vague feeling or guess. Still, while I'm enjoying a lot of the other shows I picked up for what feel like personal reasons, this is the only one I've picked up because I'm impressed.)
Well so far the series has been very funny, and honestly while I am expecting its going to get darker later, I still think its going to be "light" compared to a lot of mecha series. Which not to say its going to have a thin story, I expect that they are going to try to balance the humor we have seen so far with more drama.

I think the "cliche" charge is because when you get down to it, so far its been about a teenage kid being chosen to fight aliens in a giant robot, hell see any of my comparisons to EVA. Its a basic scenario that's been done before. Still I expect that this series will do it so well that in the end it will not matter.

I do agree there is still a great air of mystery still and I hope the payoff is really good.

Is life in Kamogawa artifical? Hmm, I didn't get that quite get that vibe myself, but I will keep an eye out for it. Maybe the simple reason why it seems so good is because this series is meant in part to be a show case for the real Kamogawa City.

Also I agree that so far out of the new series this season, Madoka has had the most character build up.

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri