AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-10-24, 16:14   Link #1301
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

He's bound to figure out the link eventually, but until then. I'm on board the Sena group anyways.

It's not that I don't like Yozora. She's an extreme construct of envy and deceit in a good way. Her sadism drives the comedy so well in the manga too.

Kodaka's didn't take an exaggerated response to Kobato jumping on him naked, so that was a thumbs up in my book. You da nii.

Where and when's the mecha fiction?
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 05:24   Link #1302
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Episode 3 was the best one so far. It was great to see another side of Sena and realize she can be cute and friendly. Plus, lots of good story surrounding Kodaka. Obviously, the boy in the flashback is Yozora. I guess being without Kodaka for 10 years has made her bitter, hateful and to me, thoroughly unlikable. Sena all the way for me. Yozora has no redeeming qualities it seems. She's just mean.
Old 2011-10-25, 14:17   Link #1303
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh the juicy, delicious Meat!

.....you know I honestly hope I don't have to start every post about a new episode describing how delicious the Meat is, while I have no love lost for it in the anime I get the feeling I'll tire of saying it

Well Sena is really just <3, I have to admit that having read the manga/LN some of the jokes/scenes lose some of the comedy(reason why I've stopped reading till the anime finishes) but I still found the eroge scene amusing.

Kobato also gets a <3 as she is my 2nd favorite chracter from the series now, she's just tooooooooooooooooooo adorable.

But it goes without saying that my favorite part fo the ep is the pool.....pool+Meat...I mean Sena I think speaks for itself

To my surprise I now have 3 characters from the same season that I absolutely love, Sena here and the others being Kazuno from Horizon and Momoyo from Maji de Watashi.
It's rare to have such loved characters appear in such great numbers at once. I'd be lucky finding just 1 character I could love just half as much as I do with these 3
Old 2011-10-25, 16:37   Link #1304
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 03

I AM SO SADDENED. Where's the bounce? The only meaningful bounce from Sena's not-so-secured big ones had to happen a little off screen A POOL EPISODE THAT ISN'T FILLED WITH A BOUNCING SENA IS A DISGRACE (though I confess I had my heart skip a beat seeing Sena without her butterfly )

Ahem but this isn't a fanservice show. Yep... Those eyecatches are totally not teasing at all...

Anyways, as a person who watched Sacred Blacksmith during it's broadcast run (and loved it), I was so expecting this scene to be animated. Sacred Blackstar is every bit a hentai version I can ever think it to be although I did like it better the way the manga parodied it (sorry, General ). But reading Sena's lines can't hold a candle to HEARING it, that's for sure XD And when she ran out crying, I couldn't help but "Awww, come here Sena-chan, to my open arms and cry on my shoulder"

Yes yes the pool segment. Best part that I had to choke on my own laugh:

Kodaka: Meat.
Sena: Huh?
Sena: It's my first nickname, and it makes me

What makes it hilarious?

Forum members: Lolitron.
mangatron: Huh?
mangatron: It's my first nickname here.... can't say I'm proud about it.

Anyways, Kobato! I admit I don't even recall ever drinking tomato juice in my life.... did anyone else find it funny these siblings viewing habits? It so speaks their character, Kobato watching Anime, and Kodaka watching a.... whatever gang related show that was and lol, that monkey and the boar...

The... flashback, it looked a bit more obvious here than it did in the manga (mainly due to the eyes). I brought into question way back in episode 1 when Yozora had a scene focus on her when Kodaka took his seat. I wonder if this series will go down the Yozora X Kodaka route...

Hmm....... is this a new record? If we get the remaining 3 characters introduced next ep, that's a.... overload I'm looking forward to XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
To my surprise I now have 3 characters from the same season that I absolutely love, Sena here and the others being Kazuno from Horizon and Momoyo from Maji de Watashi.
It's rare to have such loved characters appear in such great numbers at once. I'd be lucky finding just 1 character I could love just half as much as I do with these 3
Hey, hands off my Momo-chan! I'll let you eat Kazuno's blades too

The other Sena this season doesn't seem to be having as good a time as the Sena here >__>
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 16:58   Link #1305
christinemarie
Crazy One

I'm glad no one's even mentioning Ben-to characters in this thread. Sena's decent attitude in this episode reminds me of Saori Makishima. A cross-over between Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wakeganai seems interesting if ever.

Watch out for someone even better than the main protagonist of another anime with title "Boku" and the you can't ignore that from Baka To Test next episode.

By the way, a liter of Tomato juice costs 105 yen.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 22:07   Link #1306
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
By the way, a liter of Tomato juice costs 105 yen.
Does that thing even taste good? I could eat it raw, sauce, cooked, whatever, but I couldn't think about drinking it for some reasons .
Old 2011-10-25, 22:41   Link #1307
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Lets make it into a drink game ^^
Though I have plenty of booze in my place, we should probably restrict this game to beer as we could end up in the hospital with alcohol poisoning really fast.
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList
weaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 22:57   Link #1308
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Does that thing even taste good? I could eat it raw, sauce, cooked, whatever, but I couldn't think about drinking it for some reasons .
lol I'm the same, I love tomatoes but for the love of me can't drink tomato juice, it just tastes weird.

I forgot Kabato was drinking tomato juice, I'm actualy kinda surprised she would, all I know is very young kids might drink it cause they don't know better or adults with the acquired taste for it.

I simply can't stand the stuff >_<
Old 2011-10-25, 23:08   Link #1309
DummyInc

anyone has a larger picture of this?
http://sadpanda.us/images/715302-AFYICL7.jpg
Old 2011-10-25, 23:49   Link #1310
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DummyInc View Post
That is the largest size. The original is over here.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 10:23   Link #1311
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Nice treatment Kobato-chan is getting on PIXIV...
Old 2011-10-26, 10:57   Link #1312
Green˛
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DummyInc View Post
Somewhat similar, but with high resolution: (NSFW banners) http://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/1145052
Green˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 11:25   Link #1313
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

@Kodaka's past: With Yozora being the "mysterious" childhood friend this means that he without knowing hit a girl (and receives a "beating" by one) as a child :-O. Would be kinda bad for his plans to make friends, if this were to came out into daylight . Fortunately it had turned out well for both as in they became friends afterwards :3.

Now I just need an episode more or less centered on Kobato in order to get a better picture of her. You need to see more of the imouto-factor for it.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 18:04   Link #1314
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol I'm the same, I love tomatoes but for the love of me can't drink tomato juice, it just tastes weird.

I forgot Kabato was drinking tomato juice, I'm actualy kinda surprised she would, all I know is very young kids might drink it cause they don't know better or adults with the acquired taste for it.

I simply can't stand the stuff >_<
Not too fond of tomatoes generally... I also doubt Kobato drinks tomato juice because she likes it, but only because it's red and she can pretend it's blood.
Old 2011-10-26, 18:59   Link #1315
jdennis007

Wow in a Sena-centric episode my love for Yozora went up a bit more. She might have a difficult personality but she is up front about it, and most of the time (at least so far) when she has been mean to Sena it has been to get Sena to be more truthful.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 19:32   Link #1316
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
My faith in the otaku community's judgement just ticked upwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
The force is strong in the meat-loving community
We are all carnivore, that's why

Well actually, we only know Sena and Yozora atm. And so far I prefer her,as she seems to appreciate the friendship (with Kodaka,and especially Yozora) more. Yozora seems does not really care much as long as she can tease Sena once or twice a day. Next thing, we may see that all of them turn out to be childhood friends, considering Kodoka's dad knows Sena's.

I actually really like all the joke around Kodoka's delinquency through. Haven't seen much in anime since that guy in Toradora (can't remember his name)

PS: one problem with the anime (or the original source) is, there is nothing westernizing about Kodoka (in culture sense) other than his hair. He so far behaviors pretty much like Japanese teenager boy.

Edit 1: the brown-redish hair in the preview seems to be a trap btw. we saw him once stalking Kodaka in 1st episode, in male uniform. Does not enjoy trap character much btw, unless we have a reversed trap in the equation to offset (e.g Minami-ke)> then it's awesome

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-10-26 at 19:44.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 23:25   Link #1317
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
So, have the official streams for this started yet?

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 00:02   Link #1318
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
So, have the official streams for this started yet?
Apparently not; it's not yet even listed on NicoNico. Hopefully they'll get things sorted soon...
Old 2011-10-27, 12:25   Link #1319
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

ユニバァァァァァーーーース!!!!

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-10-27 at 12:41.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 12:39   Link #1320
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler for Episode 4:
*Snickers*

It only gets better with time. I wonder if they'll get to it in this season.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen