AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-05, 07:35   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Can't create threads? Read about it and make your requests here

Since the School Rumble forum is now limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new School Rumble thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.

Last edited by xris; 2006-04-05 at 10:33.
Old 2006-04-09, 17:51   Link #2
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

For a bit more zany fun and to cultivate creativity, can we please create a "School Rumble" Equivalent of the Following Two Pages?

Mai Hime Marriage Prospects

Mai Otome Marriage Prospects

Thank You!!

Sincerely Ronin Aquila
Old 2006-04-09, 18:30   Link #3
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila
For a bit more zany fun and to cultivate creativity, can we please create a "School Rumble" Equivalent of the Following Two Pages?

Mai Hime Marriage Prospects

Mai Otome Marriage Prospects
Yeah, sounds like a fine idea. Do you just want me to copy the text from the first post in the Mai Otome Marriage Prospects thread? If not, just PM me the text you want in the first post and I'll start it for you and you can pick it up from there.

Cheers.
Old 2006-05-17, 10:49   Link #4
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I just wanna create a thread about something concerning the couples...^^;
Old 2006-05-17, 11:06   Link #5
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
I just wanna create a thread about something concerning the couples...^^;
The SR Factions, who's your favourite! thread is all about couples. Or there is the generic School Rumble thread.
Old 2006-06-14, 12:36   Link #6
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

How about a character popularity poll/discussion thread?
Old 2006-06-14, 15:04   Link #7
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm
How about a character popularity poll/discussion thread?
That's not a bad idea. I owe another poll in the Ouran Host Club forum. I'll kick these two out. Just how many people do we want to include in this poll? Just the primary characters? Or secondary as well?

Characters:

Tenma Tsukamoto
Kenji Harima
Imadori Kyousuke
Ooji Karasuma
Mikoto Suou
Akira Takano
Karen Ichijou
Yakumo Tsukamoto
Haruki Hanai

Lala Gonzales
Eri Sawachika
Sara Adiemas
Itoko Osakabe
Megumi Sagano
Yoko Sasakura
Tsumugi Yuuki
Kazuya Tanaka

Kouriyama-sensei
Tougou Masakazu
Fuyuki Takeichi
Shin Misawa

Kiraa
Kozue Mihara
Jirou Yoshidayama
Ryuuhei Suga
Rinko
Satsuki Tawaraya
Mai Ootsuka

Toki Nagayama
Hiroyoshi Asou
Hiroaki Ishiyama
Shigeo Umedu
Harry Mckenzie
Ayano Kinugawa

Tae Anegasaki
Mio Tennouji
Ganji Nishimoto
Mina Yukino
Tennouji Noboru
Shuuji Harima
Nara Kentarou
Old 2006-06-14, 15:27   Link #8
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
That's not a bad idea. I owe another poll in the Ouran Host Club forum. I'll kick these two out. Just how many people do we want to include in this poll? Just the primary characters? Or secondary as well?

Characters:

*long post*
How about a separate poll for main and secondary characters?
Old 2006-06-14, 15:34   Link #9
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
There's a ridiculous number of secondary characters. That being said, if you're doing one of those polls with multiple options, you could probably fit in some of the more prominant secondary characters - the ones who appear more frequently in S2.

It's a bit strange seeing some of these names reversed from the order that I'm used to seeing them in.

Oh, and you might want to add Tani-sensei to your list. If you can find a cached page of the characters section of the SR wiki, that should have a fairly comprehensive list for you to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu
Another possible split might be guys/girls.
Old 2006-06-15, 16:21   Link #10
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu
Quote:
Another possible split might be guys/girls.
Both of those are good idea. Hrmmm...What do you guys say to a "guy/girl" split poll? As far as characters, if anyone wants to split up the primary & secondary guys/girls and list them here, I can put up the male/female polls quicker. If not, then I'll work on it this weekend. As you say, there are probably WAY too many secondary characters. Maybe just the more frequent ones.

Thanks for the input. Cheers.
Old 2006-06-15, 17:31   Link #11
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
As far as characters, if anyone wants to split up the primary & secondary guys/girls and list them here, I can put up the male/female polls quicker. If not, then I'll work on it this weekend.
Main Males:
Harima Kenji
Karasuma Ooji
Hanai Haruki
Imadori Kyosuke
Asou Hiroyoshi
Harry McKenzie
Togou Masakazu
Nakamura

Main Females:
Tsukamoto Tenma
Sawachika Eri
Suou Mikoto
Takano Akira
Tsukamoto Yakumo
Sara Adiemus
Ichijou Karen
Lala Gonzales

Minor Males:
Yoshidayama Jirou
Suga Ryuuhei
Tanaka Kazuya
Ishiyama Hiroaki
Umedu Shigeo
Kouriyama
Fuyuki Takeichi
Ganji Nishimoto
Tennouji Noboru
Nara Kentarou
Shuuji Harima
Tani Hayato
Katou Kyouji
Ryuu Nenji
Ichijou Kosuke

Minor Females:
Osakabe Itoko
Sasakura Youko
Kido Madoka
Sagano Megumi
Yuuki Tsumugi
Kozue Mihara
Ootsuka Mai
Tawaraya Satsuki
Nagayama Toki
Anegasaki Tae
Kinugawa Ayano
Tennouji Mio
Yukino Mina
"Rinko"
Inaba
Saeko

Animals:
Napoleon
Anastasia
Alexander
Pyotr
Iori
Kamekichi
Devil Tusk

I think I'm missing a bunch - Harima's master, Hanai's master, Eri's maid and so on all have names that I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll update this if I remember any more. Some of the characters that I listed as minor characters can be argued either way, but I tried to do the list based on screen time. Correct me if I've made any mistakes.
Old 2006-06-16, 07:26   Link #12
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I would suggest making just the one poll with about 20 entries. While it's going to be a problem to decide on the "correct" characters to include, people can always post about any additional favourites.

Here's my suggested list

Harima Kenji
Karasuma Ooji
Hanai Haruki
Imadori Kyosuke
Harry McKenzie
Togou Masakazu

Tsukamoto Tenma
Sawachika Eri
Suou Mikoto
Takano Akira
Tsukamoto Yakumo
Sara Adiemus
Ichijou Karen
Lala Gonzales

I would also suggest the following as possible additions

Nakamura
Osakabe Itoko
Anegasaki Tae

and maybe

Asou Hiroyoshi
Yoshidayama Jirou

This brings it up to 19 characters. There are still plenty that are popular I'm sure (such as Yuuki Tsumugi, Ootsuka Mai, Nara Kentarou, etc, etc) but we need to draw the line somewhere Thanks to Swampstorm and Catgirls for providing initial lists.

The big problem with such a poll is that I'm going to vote for more than half of the characters anyway (maybe that's why the manga / anime is so popular)
Old 2006-06-16, 08:32   Link #13
otacu
Flag forever

I think we should make different polls.

There are just too many characters to vote! I suggest a main character poll and a secondary character poll too. Because otherwise secondary characters won't get enough votes.... main character would just monopolize the votes (Eri). I would make a really limited list of main characters:

Harima
Eri
Tenma
Mikoto
Akira
Yakumo

maybe:
Imadori
Ichijou

and the rest in another poll (don't forget Yuuki and Mihara!)
Old 2006-06-16, 09:38   Link #14
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by otacu
There are just too many characters to vote! I suggest a main character poll and a secondary character poll too. Because otherwise secondary characters won't get enough votes.... main character would just monopolize the votes (Eri).
Bear in mind the poll would be multiple choice so it's not a case of selecting your favourite one character, you would be allowed to vote for all your favourite characters.

Unless of course Catgirls specifically wanted a single vote poll, which I do not think is true in this case.
Old 2006-06-17, 14:34   Link #15
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Bear in mind the poll would be multiple choice so it's not a case of selecting your favourite one character, you would be allowed to vote for all your favourite characters.

Unless of course Catgirls specifically wanted a single vote poll, which I do not think is true in this case.
The problem with such a poll is that everyone is going to vote for Harima, be they Flagger, Riceballer, etc. It skews the normal results. If you forced someone to choose between all of them, though, you'd probably get more accurate results for a "favourite character" thread. Harima tends to be a common second favourite, rather than a primary favourite.

After all, isn't the poll "who is your favourite character?" rather than "list all of the characters that you like?" One makes you choose an actual favourite, and the other simply separates the characters that you like from the ones you don't.

It would be less of an issue if these were divided into sub-polls, though.
Old 2006-06-17, 15:45   Link #16
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
After all, isn't the poll "who is your favourite character?" rather than "list all of the characters that you like?"
Well, I'm certainly thinking that it's going to be "Who are your favourite characters" poll, just like a number of the other "favourite" polls in the series specific forums. And I'm pretty sure that's what Catgirls was also thinking (but it would be best for him to give his own opinion ).

If it was a "favourite character" poll, then you would really have to limit it to a small number of options, such as

Harima
Eri
Tenma
Mikoto
Akira
Yakumo

And as you say, I would well imagine that in such a poll Harima would not be in the lead but come third behind Eri and Yakumo (but that's just my basic finger in the air guess).

So yes, different types of polls will definately give different results depending on the poll selection and vote options. Since there are just so many characters in SR, it's going to be difficult to organise multiple polls with small numbers of options. And, the main problem with such multiple polls is that they would have no relationship between them, so I don't see much advantage in having them (over a large multiple choice poll that is).
Quote:
The problem with such a poll is that everyone is going to vote for Harima, be they Flagger, Riceballer, etc. It skews the normal results. If you forced someone to choose between all of them, though, you'd probably get more accurate results for a "favourite character" thread. Harima tends to be a common second favourite, rather than a primary favourite.
True, but that's a valid result all the same (works for me ). And we could request that people try and limit their vote selection to 5 or less votes for example (this seems to have worked in the other polls). I would find it very difficult to select just 5 character to vote for and it would make it very interesting I think. Plus, I think it would generate more discussion.
Old 2006-06-17, 19:47   Link #17
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Nope, you were right the first time. I was originally thinking of a multiple choice poll ... "...Favorite Character(s)...". I think this list that xris posed is pretty good and narrows the cast down quite well.

Quote:
Here's my suggested list

Harima Kenji
Karasuma Ooji
Hanai Haruki
Imadori Kyosuke
Harry McKenzie
Togou Masakazu

Tsukamoto Tenma
Sawachika Eri
Suou Mikoto
Takano Akira
Tsukamoto Yakumo
Sara Adiemus
Ichijou Karen
Lala Gonzales

Nakamura
Osakabe Itoko
Anegasaki Tae

Asou Hiroyoshi
Yoshidayama Jirou
I think that list would work well as a single, multiple choice poll (giving us the ability to vote for Secondary characters as well). 19 characters. Hrmmm....
Old 2006-06-18, 11:48   Link #18
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Okay, I'm going to go with the list xris posted in a single, multiple choice poll for now. If the poll proves popular and people want a second poll for other characters, then we'll deal with that if it comes up. I don't know the traffic stats for this sub-forum, but let's kick off this first poll and see how well it does.
Old 2006-06-19, 17:20   Link #19
Calca
Expressionless

How about a Del Ray manga thread for those buying the Del Ray manga and don't keep up with the raws?
Old 2006-06-20, 03:25   Link #20
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
How about a Del Ray manga thread for those buying the Del Ray manga and don't keep up with the raws?
I like this idea so will create a new thread in the next few days (I've been meaning to do this for the Dark Horse Ah My Goddess manga and for SR).
Closed Thread