Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-22, 00:32   Link #1141
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Well, I have oversimplified the things a lot so that we can do some real calculation. Anyway, for a society that can use genetic technique to allow female x female to produce offsprings, more than likely control of malignant genes should not be of much a problem.
That may or may not be true. If the reason why they are coming to Earth if because of reproduction issues (as Hagino states in Episode 9), they could still have problems dealing with mutations and malignant genes within their population. A fresh infusion of genetic material would, theoretically, help to change that. Like I said before, one would hope that Arume scientists would have worked that all out before dumping resources into acquiring another planet and another population. Throwing unexamined genetic material into one's genome without having given it some serious study does not sound very intelligent to me.
Quote:
It is more likely that the aliens just want a more habitable planet than their own. Maybe they have experienced an "end of the world as they know it" ...
That's a very real possibility. Of course, there could be others. Got anymore theories?
Quote:
But this actually brings on another interesting question. Since those aliens are so human-like, I would say they share the same ancestry as us... since no random evolution can explain all those similarness...
Well since this is fiction, I'd say that the author chose to create a life-form he was most familiar with
Old 2007-12-22, 00:45   Link #1142
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Well, I have oversimplified the things a lot so that we can do some real calculation. Anyway, for a society that can use genetic technique to allow female x female to produce offsprings, more than likely control of malignant genes should not be of much a problem.

It is more likely that the aliens just want a more habitable planet than their own. Maybe they have experienced an "end of the world as they know it" ...
Theories aside... it's been stated in the manga they came to Earth due to their genetic diversity problem. Maybe IRL that doesn't make sense, but again, Yoshitomi is not a scientist. Heck, they can reproduce within their single gender because their DNA is mixed with nanomachines. Does that make any sense to you? Please, let's not forget this is fantasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Since there has been discussion on their ways of reproduction....do you think that if they did have kids with humans that their half Arume half human child would be able to reproduce with other human females? That would certainly be interesting....
The only example I know of half Arume half human is Yui. She certanly inherited many traits from the Arume, such as their characteristic blue eyes, the ability to manipulate Emiru Force, and their sexual orientation. It would make sense to think she can impregnate a human woman too.
Old 2007-12-22, 00:51   Link #1143
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Since there has been discussion on their ways of reproduction....do you think that if they did have kids with humans that their half Arume half human child would be able to reproduce with other human females? That would certainly be interesting....
They can. You might say that they came for the men, but they stayed for the women

Spoiler for manga relevance to the genetics discussion at hand:

Something else to consider is that the Arume have a strong symbiosis with their nanomachines. These are what enable them to breed amongst themselves (and Horime), so all bets are off on how these things affect fertilization, implantation, etc. Up until now we've been discussing natural methods of single-gender reproduction, but the Arume's method is anything but natural.

Ekaril explains that they're from another "organic layer" of the universe (the Japanese here literally translates to 'membrane'), which I guess would be something like a parallel universe. She also explains that they aren't 'space aliens,' as in they didn't come from space (or another planet, as I infer), meaning that they're from earth, but not this earth.
I love pitching this show as "Alien lesbains from another dimension invade earth and steal all the women" XD
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 00:55   Link #1144
changeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post

Spoiler for hu:
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 01:00   Link #1145
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
They can. You might say that they came for the men, but they stayed for the women
Can't blame them.

Quote:

Something else to consider is that the Arume have a strong symbiosis with their nanomachines. These are what enable them to breed amongst themselves (and Horime), so all bets are off on how these things affect fertilization, implantation, etc. Up until now we've been discussing natural methods of single-gender reproduction, but the Arume's method is anything but natural.
Excellent point.

Quote:
Ekaril explains that they're from another "organic layer" of the universe (the Japanese here literally translates to 'membrane'), which I guess would be something like a parallel universe. She also explains that they aren't 'space aliens,' as in they didn't come from space (or another planet, as I infer), meaning that they're from earth, but not this earth.
I had actually forgotten about that line, but that's a good point as well. It explains the close similarities between the races but unfortunately does not explain the obvious question which is how the Arume got to the point they are at today. I think it's best to leave that to conjecture though....once we start on alternate reality discussion everything goes out the window.

Quote:
I love pitching this show as "Alien lesbains from another dimension invade earth and steal all the women" XD
Sounds like an old 50's B movie tag line.
Old 2007-12-22, 01:02   Link #1146
changeup

Com'on, you are killing the fun of discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Theories aside... it's been stated in the manga they came to Earth due to their genetic diversity problem. Maybe IRL that doesn't make sense, but again, Yoshitomi is not a scientist. Heck, they can reproduce within their single gender because their DNA is mixed with nanomachines. Does that make any sense to you? Please, let's not forget this is fantasy.
Actually I think the nanomachine part is plausible... If the alines do have genetic diversity problem, it is possible that all the surviving aliens are established from a small group of ancesters... like what happened when a few people move to an islolate island and form a colony there.

So yes, it's not a bad idea to come to the earth for genetic diversity, which certainly does not lack that...
Old 2007-12-22, 01:04   Link #1147
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Spoiler for hu:
Spoiler for response:

Last edited by Solace; 2007-12-22 at 01:06. Reason: more stuff
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 01:06   Link #1148
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Spoiler for hu:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-12-22, 01:09   Link #1149
changeup

Spoiler for got it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Spoiler for response:
Old 2007-12-22, 01:15   Link #1150
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Spoiler for manga stuffs and other stuffs:
Old 2007-12-22, 01:20   Link #1151
changeup

That's really a gloomy future for the human males....

Quote:
Old 2007-12-22, 01:23   Link #1152
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
That's really a gloomy future for the human males....
Yes indeed.

But Yui will save us :3
Old 2007-12-22, 01:24   Link #1153
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Com'on, you are killing the fun of discussion
Ouch! That hurts. It's not my intention to be a kill-joy. It's just that... argh, whatever.
Sorry about that anyway. =P

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Yes indeed.

But Yui will save us :3
I don't know. She didn't seem too keen on men either. =P
Old 2007-12-22, 01:31   Link #1154
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Spoiler for again:

And one of Yui's closest comrades is male. She likes teh womens, but she's not trying to stomp on the men
Old 2007-12-22, 01:36   Link #1155
changeup

Let's go back to the anime itself...

Anyone has idea who is the representatve of the human side in the peace negotiation in the first episode? I think she is one of the main characters. I really cannot recognized her voice, though, or they might actually change the CV to hide this information from us.

Could that be Mari? If so, that means she will survive?
Old 2007-12-22, 01:37   Link #1156
zqube

The original Blue Drop story, for me, was very confusing. I like the anime more just because I can actually see the bigger picture. I have not read the newer Blue Drop manga yet.
zqube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 01:58   Link #1157
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Spoiler for again:
Spoiler for again2:

Quote:
And one of Yui's closest comrades is male. She likes teh womens, but she's not trying to stomp on the men
I've got to concede defeat on this. =P Yui is great!! I wonder if the incident between her mother and Rumi was her initial motivation for joining the resistance. After all, she even had a recording of what happened to Rumi.
Old 2007-12-22, 02:43   Link #1158
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Let's go back to the anime itself...

Anyone has idea who is the representatve of the human side in the peace negotiation in the first episode? I think she is one of the main characters. I really cannot recognized her voice, though, or they might actually change the CV to hide this information from us.

Could that be Mari? If so, that means she will survive?
I'm going to put my money on it being Micchi. She's idealistic and she quotes a philosophical line that would be rather uncharacteristic of Mari. And Micchi is right up that kinda alley of phrases with how she writes plays and other stories, drama club, etc.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 03:35   Link #1159
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I'm going to put my money on it being Micchi. She's idealistic and she quotes a philosophical line that would be rather uncharacteristic of Mari. And Micchi is right up that kinda alley of phrases with how she writes plays and other stories, drama club, etc.
I agree, based on her glasses and general appearance. And the voice could well be Yukino Satsuki's (Micchi's seiyuu). Your point about her language is good. In my imaginary final episode, she is flying off to negotiate with a committee one of whose members is Hagino. But now I'm 50-50 whether Hagino and Mari survive. The preview on the official site says...
Spoiler for ep13 preview:
As for the genetic situation, etc., I just reread chapter six of the manga, and as FPB said...
Spoiler for manga info:
Interesting discussion.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-12-22 at 03:48.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 08:42   Link #1160
foux

who would be interested in men anyways, if you have had women relationships for centurys...obviously you will go for women still.
foux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, sci-fi, shounen, yuri