Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-27, 20:32   Link #541
Raiga
tl;dr

Spoiler for ep8:
Old 2011-08-27, 22:18   Link #542
zqube

The bittersweet-ness of these story arcs are making me smile and frown in succession. I hope for more smiling in the future...
zqube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 22:27   Link #543
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Did Yoshiki have a sex change?
...For the sake of her (i mean "his") saving own life. She losses her womanhood when she got stabbed and needs to be removed.

Well, Renji got his own sentimental souvenir in Tokyo and leaving to somewhere else...

case closed.

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 22:30   Link #544
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Gah I can't help myself; I've been rewatching the Alice-Dere scene at the end over and over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by zqube View Post
The bittersweet-ness of these story arcs are making me smile and frown in succession. I hope for more smiling in the future...
As far as bittersweet goes, these story arcs handles it pretty well, giving us a satisfying 'happy end' at the end... Lets face it, things could have gotten very bad before it ended.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 22:32   Link #545
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Did Yoshiki have a sex change?
Well, when you lose your genitals, you kind of also lose a lot of the hormones that come with it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 00:22   Link #546
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Gah I can't help myself; I've been rewatching the Alice-Dere scene at the end over and over again
Have a gif

Old 2011-08-28, 00:33   Link #547
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Have a gif

Is there anyway to make it AS-Forums safe ?
Old 2011-08-28, 01:14   Link #548
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Have a gif

You are a great human being .
Old 2011-08-28, 01:20   Link #549
EroKing

Quote:

Is there anyway to make it AS-Forums safe ?
Well here is the best I could do to keep it under 50kb. One is with the Alice falling over part and the other without. The one with her falling over does look better imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
You are a great human being .
thanks
Old 2011-08-28, 01:58   Link #550
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
*hifives*

Once again, straight-face Narumi managing to make Alice all tsundere like that FTW Also helps that Narumi established himself some awesome points earlier in the episode by asserting his BOSS POWER over the entire gang, likely further endearing himself to our NEET detective. I can watch this series just for Alice's reactions alone

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 04:58   Link #551
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

While I like Alice and all, she and her deredere scenes are really just side shows to the anguished love confessions romantic misunderstandings steamy bromance brotherly heroics of this arc.

Not even the supposedly central character Hison plays much of a role in this episode of Boyz n da Hood (@Shinjuku).

As of now my biggest complaint about the show is that it's a bit too Akiba and isn't Shinjuku enough. They really should play the "cool" Persona/BECK factor up a lot more, especially with the music. A tragically missed opportunity, IMO.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 15:00   Link #552
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm finally convinced that there is no possiible way that I can like Alice's pseudo philosophical ramblings. When she said "I'm not a detective. I'm a NEET detective. I speak for the dead" I was just about ready to punch someone so I'm glad Renji shut her up.

I also rolled my eyes when Alice said Narumi finds the truth quicker from intuition. Oh please.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 16:41   Link #553
JediNight
キズランダム

I like the show overall so far, but yeah Alice's whole speech stuff is total nonsense. It just comes across as pretentious and DEEP instead. There is nothing inherently better about a detective that never leaves their office so-to-speak. It's just that she instead has underlings to do all the footwork that a real detective does.

And DARN YOU JAPAAAAAN! Narumi is, in the fine tradition of Japanese protags, one extremely dense moron...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 19:13   Link #554
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I enjoyed ep 8. As another poster mentioned, even if I expected things to turn out the way they did I still liked it.

I really like how Narumi has been shown to grow in this mini arc (and even rose to the occasion).

Hmm ... I will give this ep a 7.5 out of 10 ... almost an 8. Almost.

As for the believability of Narumi's intuitive flashes of insight I do not mind them. I have actually met people like that IRL. And Alice's "presumptuousness" and what not that irks others to me is also believable - she is 12 or so, after all, and for all her intellectual prowess she still is immature (especially with being a "shut in"). So for me personally these are not really "problem areas" I guess.

That being said, yes - Narumi is dense. *sigh*
Old 2011-08-28, 19:22   Link #555
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I enjoyed ep 8. As another poster mentioned, even if I expected things to turn out the way they did I still liked it.

I really like how Narumi has been shown to grow in this mini arc (and even rose to the occasion).

Hmm ... I will give this ep a 7.5 out of 10 ... almost an 8. Almost.

As for the believability of Narumi's intuitive flashes of insight I do not mind them. I have actually met people like that IRL. And Alice's "presumptuousness" and what not that irks others to me is also believable - she is 12 or so, after all, and for all her intellectual prowess she still is immature (especially with being a "shut in"). So for me personally these are not really "problem areas" I guess.

That being said, yes - Narumi is dense. *sigh*
I'd agree there are just some people who just figure things out like Narumi did there. Besides only got a few things and not like he just figured out the entire mystery in one quick burst of inspiration.

With Alice I don't think a small speech really hurts anything. Since she does figure this stuff out can accept that side of her. Besides she is pretty entertaining when embarrassed .

No doubt about Narumi being a bit dense in some ways though. Guess he needs a burst of inspiration there .
Old 2011-08-29, 05:15   Link #556
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'd agree there are just some people who just figure things out like Narumi did there. Besides only got a few things and not like he just figured out the entire mystery in one quick burst of inspiration.
But he didn't figure out the whole mistery. Notice that he too was surprised when Alice revealed that Hison is Yoshiki.
Alice was referring to how Narumi figured out that Renji leaking his location was a trap for Yondaime's followers.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 08:08   Link #557
Shadow5YA

It was common sense. They were being provoked to tarnish their name. the Fourth's men get pissed off and they'll storm the place. Renji's men outnumber them and beat them down. the Fourth's men can claim Renji started it, but since they're the one that stormed into them, Renji can claim he and his men fought back in self-defense. Renji would win the physical battle on top of ruining the Fourth's reputation and giving the girl group he was supporting a bad rep.

Narumi didn't necessarily know that was what Renji was up to, but he knew how important this was to the Fourth and didn't want everything to go to waste.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 08:24   Link #558
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Alice judges through evidences, while Narumi judges through instinct. I guess intuition is quicker than the detective.
Though I guess, Narumi has the right hunch at the right time. Just being the right person for a detective, and thus, the sharing of Alice's burden.
Old 2011-08-29, 08:27   Link #559
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It was common sense. They were being provoked to tarnish their name. the Fourth's men get pissed off and they'll storm the place. Renji's men outnumber them and beat them down. the Fourth's men can claim Renji started it, but since they're the one that stormed into them, Renji can claim he and his men fought back in self-defense. Renji would win the physical battle on top of ruining the Fourth's reputation and giving the girl group he was supporting a bad rep.

Narumi didn't necessarily know that was what Renji was up to, but he knew how important this was to the Fourth and didn't want everything to go to waste.

That said, I like it that he isn't against the idea of resorting to violence- He gave the orders for the men to do as they please should the enemy move to harm the guest.

Some characters can be too impractical with their non-violence policies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Alice judges through evidences, while Narumi judges through instinct. I guess intuition is quicker than the detective.
Though I guess, Narumi has the right hunch at the right time. Just being the right person for a detective, and thus, the sharing of Alice's burden.
With evidences you have piece it together using logic, with intuition all you need is the guts to act
Old 2011-08-29, 09:25   Link #560
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
That said, I like it that he isn't against the idea of resorting to violence- He gave the orders for the men to do as they please should the enemy move to harm the guest.
Really, he flat out told them to use violence (or at the very least, force), if the guests were threatened. Then he gave tactical advice.

Tags
bromance, comedy, drama, slice of life