i even re installed 3 times now
i did not have any of these issues on the open beta
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 03:38   Link #1723
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Anyone else here thinks Malthael will play an antagonic role in the next game (expansion)?
Yes, I thought it was quite the broad hint. Was he the guy with dual-wielding sickles? Haven't read the sin war trilogy so I have no idea what he's like personality wise.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 04:17   Link #1724
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So a couple hours into the game, I find myself asking this question-

Why is it that I'm a Wizard, a range caster, yet I keep finding/putting myself in the middle of shit? Heck I'm actually comfortable agro-ing mobs for my followers
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 06:29   Link #1725
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So a couple hours into the game, I find myself asking this question-

Why is it that I'm a Wizard, a range caster, yet I keep finding/putting myself in the middle of shit? Heck I'm actually comfortable agro-ing mobs for my followers
You're not the only one. The Wizard does have a whole lot of options for close-in AoE, including Frost Nova, Wave of WinForce and Explosive Blast. Along with Diamond Skin and all three Armor spells a melee Wizard is actually a very viable build. I sometimes teleport in a mob, then wreck all manner of elemental explosions on them for great killing

There are times in Hell difficulty where I've had to get close to actually take LESS damage from enemy mobs, like in the case of random Elites with Mortar

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 06:35   Link #1726
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

AHHH!!!
Died three times due to lag. My home connection really sucks. Nothing is worse than staring at certain death in the face, but unable to do anything.
Old 2012-05-19, 06:49   Link #1727
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
AHHH!!!
Died three times due to lag. My home connection really sucks. Nothing is worse than staring at certain death in the face, but unable to do anything.
Thats going to become really frustrating later on in harder difficulties, I feel for you

The AH is a really nice to get quick gold been making a lot from just blue's. On 210k gold but thats all going to be spent on jewelcrafting
Old 2012-05-19, 07:33   Link #1728
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Thats going to become really frustrating later on in harder difficulties, I feel for you
I think Blizzard realised that people like me who were forced to play online would complain. Which is why the penalty for dying is nearly non-existent. Blizzard had taken into account that lag deaths are going to happen.

You know, once upon a time game companies try to make multiplayer games as lag free as they can by keeping as much data locally as they could.

Blizzard instead intentionally lag the game, by making sure as much of the info is server side as possible. The lag cannot be reduced; it is put there directly because they don't want me to play a lag free offline game.

Do not be surprised if WoW II would be a web browser game. That is the ultimate destination of where we are heading; where everything is lagged to hell because Blizzard doesn't want you to have any part of your game on your computer hard drive at all.
Old 2012-05-19, 07:51   Link #1729
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Just finished the normal difficulty and heading to nightmare...

I must say my weakness is still the same as when playing D2...
Elemental Damage...

And a question..
About weapon and armor crafting, can you get a rare item when the initial crafting (like journeyman slingshot) is not default rare?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 10:03   Link #1730
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Which is why the penalty for dying is nearly non-existent.
Have you gotten to higher difficulties?
The repair bills are murderous!
Old 2012-05-19, 10:30   Link #1731
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
And a question..
About weapon and armor crafting, can you get a rare item when the initial crafting (like journeyman slingshot) is not default rare?
From my experience, nope. You can only craft rares from items that are labelled as such.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-05-19, 11:02   Link #1732
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Completed Act I in about 2 hours with a Witch Doctor I still have mixed opinions about actually dedicating myself to Diablo III. Just tried out the Guest Pass thanks to my siblings. What are your opinions about Diablo III so far? The game has been fun for that short bit of time. Just worried that there's something in the higher levels that aggravates people.
Old 2012-05-19, 11:15   Link #1733
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

How could you complete act 1 with guest pass? King Leoric, you meant? That's only 1/3 of the first act.
Old 2012-05-19, 11:59   Link #1734
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well, I was told it was until first act. Yeah it was King Leoric. Regardless, still tried out the free part I'll just beat it with the other 4 classes and see
Old 2012-05-19, 12:13   Link #1735
Newhope

Pretty disappointing game, really can't see myself playing it for long.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 12:15   Link #1736
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Pretty disappointing game to me, really can't see myself playing it for long.
Sorry to hear that. I can't get enough.

and fixed that for you.
Old 2012-05-19, 12:36   Link #1737
Newhope

Loot is completely and utterly boring all the items are basically very minor variations in stats, I'am up to Hell act 3 and even with decent magic find nothing but blues and yellows really dull.

Each character has every skill=no attachment or item builds for certain skills just stack the primary stat of that class and vitality.

To me the game just feels like a gaint step backwards from Diablo 2 and nothing more than another FP2 MMO that'll force you to pay money if you want to be competitive.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 12:47   Link #1738
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Loot is completely and utterly boring all the items are basically very minor variations in stats, I'am up to Hell act 3 and even with decent magic find nothing but blues and yellows really dull.
Which is... just like Diablo II and LoD then, where the stat increases are incremental at best. It took me several complete playthroughs through LoD just to get my first Legendary item.

Quote:
Each character has every skill=no attachment or item builds for certain skills just stacking the primary stat of that class.
Stacking on the primary stat might sound like a good idea, until you find that you leave yourself deficient in certain areas as you plow through the difficulties. Like in the case of my Wizard, I used to stack her with the items with the highest Int for maximum damage. Then I discovered that it made her a glass cannon that gets killed by mobs quite easily, and since I play solo mostly I had to balance my Int with Vit items to survive, sacrificing a bit of killing power for that extra survivability.

Also, why is freedom of choice in builds in an RPG a bad thing? It allows for lots of experimentation without worrying that your character is going to get gimped in higher levels due to putting points in the wrong tree.

Quote:
To me the game just feels like a gaint step backwards from Diablo 2 and nothing more than another FP2 MMO that'll force you to pay money if you want to be competitive.
1. Diablo II is not F2P, since you need to pay for the initial cost of getting it.
2. "Competitive" is a term I don't think applies to a game that doesn't have PvP.

Old 2012-05-19, 12:57   Link #1739
Azuma Denton
~AD~

My only complaint is how the sub-boss/champion is much much much stronger than the real boss (at least until Leoric part in Nightmare)...

Quote:
Each character has every skill=no attachment or item builds for certain skills just stacking the primary stat of that class.
Well, i kinda disagree...
As people already discuss it, there is a set of skill build for each situation... There is set skill for handling mobs, and there is set skills for handling boss...

And if you are playing with another same class, i believe you can combine the same slot of skill to create powerful combo, which can never be done if you play single-player mode...

So pretty much to explore...

My conclusion is D2 has its own merits, and D3 has its own merits...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 13:08   Link #1740
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
My only complaint is how the sub-boss/champion is much much much stronger than the real boss (at least until Leoric part in Nightmare)...
Now this much is absolutely true. Most of the champions are harder than bosses for the reason that they often come with their own mobs to cover for their deficiency and distract you. Whereas most Act Bosses are alone, and hence you can easy focus your attention and your attacks on it. I actually died to

Spoiler for boss:

More times than to Diablo himself

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler