Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-04-30, 16:04   Link #81
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
I doubt it... The Federation isn't the brightest bulb in the box. The only way that the Core Boosters could have beaten them was if they were tailing him like they were.

OPENING LYRICS::

夢放つ遠き宙に  君の春は散った
最果てのこの地に  響き渡った

あてどなく彷徨える愛しさよ
この胸を射抜く光となれ

悲しみの地図なら数多風に散った
故なき日々の傷も瞬く彼方よ 

終わらぬ夢轍に 君の影揺れた
There's also the fact that all the attacks lasted only a few minutes. Doesn't give much time to scramble fighters, they probably didn't even know he was there until it was over. The third attack may have been tipped off from orbit, provided they could get a signal down there.
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 02:40   Link #82
Protto

What are the respective release dates for the 3 Apocalypse 0079 OVAs?
Protto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 02:56   Link #83
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
DVD1 - April 26th, 2006
DVD2 - June 23rd, 2006
DVD3 - August 25th, 2006
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 06:52   Link #84
lt_shiro

Trailer for episode one is out... Looks to be another skilled pilot
lt_shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 03:27   Link #85
The_Aylmer

Episode 1 is out but i can only find a RAW of it. Does anyone if it has been subbed yet ? or if there any groups planning to do it?

Thanks
The_Aylmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 03:30   Link #86
monster

Check the main website. I'm still downloading it but I believe it's a fansub.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 03:35   Link #87
The_Aylmer

Hey thanks ! I hope it is fansub
The_Aylmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 03:36   Link #88
tritoch

There's a sub out. Igloo apocalypse by gg fansub.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 15:07   Link #89
Protto

I'm a little fuzzy about the reference in the story for apocalypse 1. What was going on in Jaburo anyway? I've only seen the 3 part movie compilation of the original Mobile Suit Gundam so the time frame as well as the story's sequences are still new to me. Any explanation is greatly appreciated. Also what was the reference toward Side 3? What happened there? Why was everyone so surprised? thanks.
Old 2006-06-14, 15:15   Link #90
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I haven't seen it yet (still downloading) but I believe Side 3 is where Zeon originated from, its also the base of operations for Kycilla Zabi and close to the A Baou Qu space fortress the final stronghold for Zeon.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 15:32   Link #91
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protto
I'm a little fuzzy about the reference in the story for apocalypse 1. What was going on in Jaburo anyway? I've only seen the 3 part movie compilation of the original Mobile Suit Gundam so the time frame as well as the story's sequences are still new to me. Any explanation is greatly appreciated. Also what was the reference toward Side 3? What happened there? Why was everyone so surprised? thanks.
Launching the ships for their space fleet. Can't remember if it was operation star one or not...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 17:35   Link #92
Kasrkin Squad
For the Emperor

Send a message via AIM to Kasrkin Squad
^^^^Yup Operation Star One. However some people would also call it Operation Cembalo with Operation Star One starting after the EFSF fleets leave Solomon for A Bou A Qu. You could also call it the completion of the Vinson Plan. (Rebuilding space fleets.)
Kasrkin Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 19:37   Link #93
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Episode One Screenshots and Summary

Spoiler:
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 20:19   Link #94
Protto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin Squad
^^^^Yup Operation Star One. However some people would also call it Operation Cembalo with Operation Star One starting after the EFSF fleets leave Solomon for A Bou A Qu. You could also call it the completion of the Vinson Plan. (Rebuilding space fleets.)
so was that the part where char chased amuro all the way to south america and then they had this struggle inside the cave? Everyone was getting ready for lift off.
Old 2006-06-15, 03:12   Link #95
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Does Oliver May or any other of the crew members have a significant role later on at UC? Is Werner Holbein known in the UC as well to be a hero of any one of the two forces?
Old 2006-06-15, 03:21   Link #96
monster

Well I don't remember hearing about them in other UC shows, but since they're all dealing with rejected experiments, I'm not surprised.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 04:23   Link #97
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Does Oliver May or any other of the crew members have a significant role later on at UC? Is Werner Holbein known in the UC as well to be a hero of any one of the two forces?
No, MS IGLOO is supposed to be an in depth series into the 'forgotten' heroes and experiments of the One Year War so you'll find MS IGLOO is considered not a significant part of the timeline. Its kinda like all those unsung heroes during World War II who went missing in highly secretive operations. The series is more for fleshing out the realistic war like scenario of the OYW.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 04:30   Link #98
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The characters aren't too well fleshed out, however, and I'd still like traditional animation here despite the CG's excellence in this show - I don't know, perhaps it's just a preference of mine. I did like how they animated and drew the beam cannon, however - that was the peak of the episode for me. Other than that, it's mostly a so-so story with good CG and great animation. Of course, your mileage may vary, as I said before - I just feel that the heroism thing is contrived to the extent of me not liking it.

Thanks for the info, by the way, Sety.
Old 2006-06-15, 06:26   Link #99
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
The characters aren't too well fleshed out, however, and I'd still like traditional animation here despite the CG's excellence in this show - I don't know, perhaps it's just a preference of mine. I did like how they animated and drew the beam cannon, however - that was the peak of the episode for me. Other than that, it's mostly a so-so story with good CG and great animation. Of course, your mileage may vary, as I said before - I just feel that the heroism thing is contrived to the extent of me not liking it.

Thanks for the info, by the way, Sety.
Judging from the blog you linked (if you wrote that yourself), it seems you didn't watch the first 3 episodes of MS IGLOO. Although it says Ep 1, its actually Ep 4 of the MS IGLOO series... So maybe if you watch the beginning of the series, the characters will seem a bit more fleshed out to you.
Old 2006-06-15, 07:14   Link #100
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I stand corrected, then. So this means that MS igLoo Apocalypse is not an altogether disparate series from MS igLoo itself? Well, for the most part it has been dubbed the first episode, so I thought it would be standalone. Anyway I looked at it, however, character development was still wanting.

Yes, I wrote those entries. I'm sorry if it seemed dumb, but I made what I made out of it.