AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-02, 08:49   Link #1401
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
True but there were some guys arguing that she likes Zen, this theory if was not destroyed before, seems to be kicked dead with the chapter 25, as far as I understand.
I though that after Akune introduction arc it was obvious that she doesn't feel anything special for Zen, and after Unzen arc it become obvious that she doesn't even know what love is.
Medaka fans should be happy that MB is published in WSJ othervise some smut scenes could be seen.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 11:41   Link #1402
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
I though that after Akune introduction arc it was obvious that she doesn't feel anything special for Zen, and after Unzen arc it become obvious that she doesn't even know what love is.
Medaka fans should be happy that MB is published in WSJ othervise some smut scenes could be seen.
Yes I thought so too, but lets say in mangafox there were quite a few who seriously argued that she does have feelings for Zen.

But I think that the last chapter should have crushed any remaining hopes to pieces.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 14:05   Link #1403
Johnny
Working the bags...

My boredom once again got the best of me and I glanced at the tranny...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 14:21   Link #1404
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler:
>.> That's impossible. Shiranui was with Zenkichi as they were talking to Unzen while he was eating lunch and telling them about the FLASK plan. At the same time, the masked kid was in the chairman's room when he called them forth after the chairman spoke to Medaka about joining.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 14:37   Link #1405
Johnny
Working the bags...

Nothing is impossible when dealing with this manga, it defies all logic on a daily basis...
Old 2009-11-02, 14:59   Link #1406
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Nothing is impossible when dealing with this manga, it defies all logic on a daily basis...
As much as I'd like to believe that, I really refuse to concede that a person can be in two places at once, even in this manga.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 15:11   Link #1407
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
As much as I'd like to believe that, I really refuse to concede that a person can be in two places at once, even in this manga.
Really? Medaka was in four places at once in chapter 17... lol.

Of course, they were all clustered together.
Old 2009-11-02, 15:28   Link #1408
Lummie

Medaka finds it disturbing that Zen doesn't kneel only to her but also to others....and also she thinks she has the right to judge which people Zen should involve with.

Are we still talking about a shounen manga?
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 15:53   Link #1409
Westlo
Lets be reality

Medaka would've escaped the bottom 5 if Kuroko didn't get Color Page lol, I can't think of any other low ranking manga to get as many color pages as Kuroko has.

Quote:
Bottom 5:
Medaka Box
Sket Dance
Lilienthal
Ane-doki
Kagijin (The End)

Preview for #51:
Kanata (Opening Colour)
Neko Wappa! (CP)
Looks like Medaka makes it through this round of cuts, which buys it time to for WSJ to see Vol 2 sales, solid tank sales can save low ranking manga, no better example than Kuroko right now. Lilienthal looks like being DOA just like Kagijin was.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 16:28   Link #1410
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Medaka would've escaped the bottom 5 if Kuroko didn't get Color Page lol, I can't think of any other low ranking manga to get as many color pages as Kuroko has.

Looks like Medaka makes it through this round of cuts, which buys it time to for WSJ to see Vol 2 sales, solid tank sales can save low ranking manga, no better example than Kuroko right now. Lilienthal looks like being DOA just like Kagijin was.
Yeah, unlike what Bakuman says, I don't think people really go for the whole talking animal pet thing that much anymore. I've always found those types quite stupid myself. Then again, I'm much older than most of the people who read WSJ.

Maybe people are just holding their mangas to higher standards today. Of course, then there's Bleach. :P
Old 2009-11-02, 16:33   Link #1411
Johnny
Working the bags...

Funny Kuroko being out of the bottom 5 with what 17 or so scanlated chapters behind. Then again I guess it doesn't matter with the rankings. Being the only sports manga amongst the bottom group must help...
Old 2009-11-02, 22:47   Link #1412
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Funny Kuroko being out of the bottom 5 with what 17 or so scanlated chapters behind. Then again I guess it doesn't matter with the rankings. Being the only sports manga amongst the bottom group must help...
The only reason Kuroko isn't in the bottom 5 is because every week it enters the bottom 5 the following week it gets a color page which is unranked. I think Kuroko has received the most color pages this year, if WSJ pimped Medaka a quarter as much as they did Kuroko it probably would rank higher.

I think WSJ just want at least one sports series in the manga at all times so they're trying their best to pimp it. It isn't selling reasonably in tank sales though...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 00:00   Link #1413
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I just saw the scanlated chapter and it was much better than I thought. With just the translation, things came off much worse than they really were. For example, I thought it was Zen saying he was thankful for Medaka while she was just cruelly telling him she wanted to be kissed, but it was really her thanking him for saving her. She still told him she was curious about being kissed, but combined with the pictures, she really does come off as clueless more than anything. I love the part where she stretches her face questioningly after he mentions her smile, which is more for the fact that someone stronger than her challenged her instead of being for the date.

Didn't like her comment when she first appeared about Zen and who he can be close to. Made it sound like she's trying to dictate who he's allowed to hang out with and was upset that he was bowing to someone other than her.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2009-11-03 at 00:12.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 03:02   Link #1414
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
sounds like this chap is less suck that the previous ones. Is the latest chap a standalone(or beg of some arc) or is this already part of an arc?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 04:24   Link #1415
Napoleon's Hat

I think it's debatable whether the King was really stronger than Medaka, she has a habit of holding back.
Napoleon's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 05:31   Link #1416
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'd say she was just taken by surprise, as was Zenkichi...he said it himself, if he could move, then so could she....but wait, does that mean that the king is actually super-weak?
Anyway, dear brother seems to be an ex-13, maybe he can throw some sense in the whole story.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 07:11   Link #1417
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I just noticed that Zen missed an opportunity to kiss Medaka himself. If he had taken the initiative, she wouldn't have resisted. Well, it's not like he could grow balls the size of a mountain in the span of two seconds, so I can understand why he didn't . . .

Did everyone overlook the fact that Medaka was looking for Zen so he could go with her to see her brother? I think that's pretty important. Using Zen for emotional support? Yea, I like that.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 07:50   Link #1418
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Did everyone overlook the fact that Medaka was looking for Zen so he could go with her to see her brother? I think that's pretty important. Using Zen for emotional support? Yea, I like that.
Emotional support? You are being way too generous here. It's more of a habit to have your pet and devoted ass-kisser around rather than any real importance.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 08:02   Link #1419
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Lulz, did you even read the chapter? "There's no way in hell I want to meet him alone." To write that off as a habit of having a pet around is too biased.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 08:02   Link #1420
Dark Mage

ummm....guys please go easy on me, I dropped this manga and havent read it for a long time(well it feels like a long time but I dropped it right in the middle of the Unzen Arc) as I couldnt bear it any longer. However, I have been following the discussions on this thread very closely so I more or less know what has been going on. But, I felt like reading this chapter first time in a long time as somewhere I heard that there was some romance in this chapter. So I gave it a chance and read this chapter. But I must say, it gave me mixed feelings. The best thing I liked about the whole chapter was to see Zenkichi back in action when he trying to do that flying kick and he is thinking of actually getting stronger. However, I didnt like it when Zen said "what are you trying to do to my "Good Friend". I mean what's up with the friend and Zen didnt even get angry or jealous when Medaka was telling him she actually wanted to be kissed and all Zen could think of was that he got in their way and calmly accepted that he couldnt be with her and happily accepted that Medaka was a "Tsundere" for the King.
But what, I really didnt like, was Medaka's behaviour as so far, before I gave up reading, I could atleast accept her not responding or noticing Zenkichi's feelings, because I thought Medaka was incapable of especially loving someone as she claims to love everyone equally. But this chapter proved me wrong and I didnt like it at all. There were so many Firsts for Medaka in this chapter and while I liked her "first time" meeting someone actually stronger then her, I didnt like the other "firsts" at all, the first time in the whole manga where Medaka really blushes(not her act of acting cute to manipulate people), she blushes for some other guy than Zenkichi, Medaka's first time to be kissed, she actually really wanted it from another Guy and not Zen, Medaka's first time where she"really truly" smiled, was due to her thinking of King and not Zen, And I dont know about you guys, it looked to me as if Medaka was really thrilled with meeting King and actually happy to hear his confession and seemed pretty excited to be called his wife, and seemed genuinly wanting to go on that date . And what was worse, she was telling and acting all cheerful with that breathless red expression right infront of Zen and Zenkichi actually feeling nothing while she talks of wanting to be kissed by another guy to him, and all Zenkichi was thinking was he shouldn't have gotten in their way. But honestly, this is the first time I have seen Medaka expressing so many emotions and none of them were caused by Zenkichi.
This makes me think, that Zenkichi really is just happy to be Medaka's friend and is satisfied with being in the "Friend Zone" and even if she gets taken away by someone else he will be perfectly fine with it. I mean Medaka behaves with Zenkichi just the way she does with everyone else and this was the only time she acted from her heart and it wasnt Zen who made her feel that way. It looks like Medaka only sees Zen as a servant of sorts who isnt even allowed to keep friends without Medaka's permission

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council