AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-04-15, 16:13   Link #121
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Just so you guys remember; they've also took the story of the magician kidnapping Index that was meant for the August 31st triple story and used it as the opening episode for Index II....
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 18:14   Link #122
Raisingfalcon
Class minus 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Just so you guys remember; they've also took the story of the magician kidnapping Index that was meant for the August 31st triple story and used it as the opening episode for Index II....
No wonder i thought that was completely a filler, it felt so out of place xD It wasent bad, it just came out of nowhere.
Old 2013-04-15, 22:42   Link #123
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisingfalcon View Post
Also why not make the "filler arcs" just episodes taken out of the SS and SS2 volumes. I think that would work alot better.
This!
There's several that would make great Railgun eps from SS2 and SP (In addition to the obvious, Uiharu-centric and Misaka papa-centric ones come to mind).

If they do Daihaseisai they would have to do LA city first, to properly introduce Xochitl.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 23:07   Link #124
Yye1
Wide Right

how r they gonna fit Daihaseisai into this season anyways? Its not even done in the manga

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 23:09   Link #125
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't think they're going to try. When it was said that it'd cover the Sisters arc, I figured it meant just that: the Sisters Arc of Railgun and Index, from discovering the clones' existence and the Level 6 project, up to the final confrontation with Accelerator and the end of the project and the dispersal of the Sisters around the globe.
Old 2013-04-15, 23:35   Link #126
Yye1
Wide Right

^ thats what i thought about this season, cuz the sisters arc is huge(kinda sad that uiharu and saten are going to featured less though)

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2013-04-16, 00:02   Link #127
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

They could if they really really wanted to... but I too think its unlikely...

Railgun progresses a lot slower than Index so they need to 'ration' their material.

Maybe another three years later
Old 2013-04-16, 00:24   Link #128
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Forgot to add "while waving a certain remote control".
That however is a big minus in my book. That messes up too much with the timeline.
Old 2013-04-16, 01:55   Link #129
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I'm really wondering how they'll handle Touma this season. I reread the Sister's Arc again and Touma literally just appears randomly and saves the day for Misaka (Well after that dramatic scene in the bridge). I wonder if the anime will emphasize Touma not remembering Misaka but then that'll make everything awkward since looking at Railgun solely, we barely know Touma at all and now what we know of him will be less. It's not like the anime follows the manga to a T so I'm really wondering if they'll do something different with Touma this season.
Old 2013-04-16, 02:03   Link #130
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I imagine we'll get several cameos from him so his appearance isn't completely out of place.
Old 2013-04-16, 03:57   Link #131
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

This is from Mikoto's pov.

Kamijou is suppose to be this larger-than-life hero that comes out of nowhere to save the day.

With sparkles and 'relative ease'
Old 2013-04-16, 09:57   Link #132
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
This is from Mikoto's pov.

Kamijou is suppose to be this larger-than-life hero that comes out of nowhere to save the day.

With sparkles and 'relative ease'
True, Touma is/gonna be Mikoto's hero. But he does come out of nowhere though plus the events in Index will make his re-introduction even more jarring than it already is. It works in Index since it's Touma's story and it works in the Railgun manga because he has a lot more since but the First Railgun series basically crammed all his scenes into 1 or 2 episodes (I guess for identity reasons). In this arc though, he's a very prominent character so I'm just hoping they can pull of his sudden appearance without over-reliance on Index knowledge.
Old 2013-04-16, 11:27   Link #133
Destined_Fate

If Touma starts sparkling I will be sad and start to question if they decided to make him into a Vampire. Though I'm sure Mikoto wouldn't mind the sparkles....
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 11:29   Link #134
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Like I said, at this point in time she'd rather see him sparking than sparkling. :V
Old 2013-04-16, 16:26   Link #135
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
True, Touma is/gonna be Mikoto's hero. But he does come out of nowhere though plus the events in Index will make his re-introduction even more jarring than it already is. It works in Index since it's Touma's story and it works in the Railgun manga because he has a lot more since but the First Railgun series basically crammed all his scenes into 1 or 2 episodes (I guess for identity reasons). In this arc though, he's a very prominent character so I'm just hoping they can pull of his sudden appearance without over-reliance on Index knowledge.

Again, that's the point. To truly experience it from Mikoto's PoV; this guy who you've only seen once in a while, comes out of nowhere and put his life on the line even though he doesn't have to.
Old 2013-04-16, 20:06   Link #136
kagato3

Quote:
Again, that's the point. To truly experience it from Mikoto's PoV; this guy who you've only seen once in a while, comes out of nowhere and put his life on the line even though he doesn't have to.
No it's more the guy she kept stalking to pick fights with keeps poping up out of nowhere to save her. The anime and manga kinda left out her hobby, repetedly chalangeing him to duels and loseing.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 21:09   Link #137
Yye1
Wide Right

^ thats her defect as level 5, lol. Well she is considered the most sane of the 7.

Old 2013-04-16, 22:22   Link #138
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
No it's more the guy she kept stalking to pick fights with keeps poping up out of nowhere to save thugs from her. The anime and manga kinda left out her hobby, repetedly chalangeing him to duels and loseing.
I fixed that for you .

And novels too, but thats obvious since Touma spends more his times on school and dealing with Index and then magicians when traveling outside Academy City .
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 04:35   Link #139
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well if you put it that way then it's a good fit but it'd be nice to have some buildup though in general for Touma.
Old 2013-04-18, 22:49   Link #140
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

Quote:
This page from an interview with Mikoto's VA was posted on 2ch.
Not much of interest, but here's two quotes:
>[The other three VAs] told me "Don't worry. Even if we don't have many scenes, we're still with you."
>Even if the other three aren't directly fighting alongside Mikoto, they are still with her.
Maybe this will get people to stop worrying about them changing anything too much in the adaptation.
pkmntrainer7 is offline   Reply With Quote