AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 20:27   Link #21
miketyson

Vena: that's an interesting observation about Cayenne's vision. Makes a lot of sense, and one of those things that's designed to seem one way at the time and another way later on.

Spoiler for Original Series Question:

Now, about Kagura-and-Mikono (spoiled due to episode 13 issues):
Spoiler for Kagura/Mikono:
Old 2012-03-25, 20:36   Link #22
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Vena: that's an interesting observation about Cayenne's vision. Makes a lot of sense, and one of those things that's designed to seem one way at the time and another way later on.
It may not be as much of a misdirection as we think. He got it from/around Jin, why? Because the event means Jin's death. It is the event that results from his actions (unfortunately he dies for it) and is a bad thing happening to those around him as a double whammy: Jin dies, Kagura rises.

Quote:
So Kagura is Amata's other half? Wouldn't Izumo know this and try to keep Kagura, if he were Alicia's son, close? The man seems to worship the ground she walks on... so I wouldn't put it past him. But there is a real peculiarity with Mykage description unless its the father or something...

Quote:
Spoiler for I'll put it in tags too for now:

Crack theory:
- Kagura will abscond with Mikono at some moment but as Mykage's puppet.
- Amata will, inadvertently, complete his mission as an Alterian male and bring the Eve, Zessica, to Altair.
- Stuff happens... Mykage trolls.
- Aquarion vs. Aquarion!
Old 2012-03-25, 20:43   Link #23
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Posting here because we're speculating and could lead to spoilers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for Amata and Kagura:

Spoiler for Not quite:
Old 2012-03-25, 20:43   Link #24
miketyson

Vena: was thinking Mykage just outright misled Izumo, or didn't tell him. Like it's a supposed to be a secret that Izumo had a kid with Alisia, so Izumo's not going to talk to Mykage about it ("oh hey, your wild boy, is he that kid I wasn't supposed to have with Alisia..."). Clearly Alisia didn't bring her kid with her, and it's not like Alisia's in a position to say anything, either, ). So then Mykage can introduce Kagura as some wild child he found wandering around near his fortress of fabulous solitude ("his mother must've disappeared with the other women, it's so sad..."), and Izumo never made the connection. (Plus, no one ever expects their long-lost son to be a jerky beastman .).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Crack theory:
- Kagura will abscond with Mikono at some moment but as Mykage's puppet.
- Amata will, inadvertently, complete his mission as an Alterian male and bring the Eve, Zessica, to Altair.
- Stuff happens... Mykage trolls.
- Aquarion vs. Aquarion!
I really like that scenario, which means it probably won't happen. But I like it.

And on the other topic:
Spoiler for Kagura/Mikono again:
Old 2012-03-25, 20:58   Link #25
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Vena: was thinking Mykage just outright misled Izumo, or didn't tell him. Like it's a supposed to be a secret that Izumo had a kid with Alisia, so Izumo's not going to talk to Mykage about it ("oh hey, your wild boy, is he that kid I wasn't supposed to have with Alisia..."). Clearly Alisia didn't bring her kid with her, and it's not like Alisia's in a position to say anything, either, ). So then Mykage can introduce Kagura as some wild child he found wandering around near his fortress of fabulous solitude ("his mother must've disappeared with the other women, it's so sad..."), and Izumo never made the connection. (Plus, no one ever expects their long-lost son to be a jerky beastman .).
Did SA have the ability to *create* entire people (or split them into two separate people)? Seems like a bit of a stretch of his abilities... I mean, why not just make a bunch of fractional Kagura clones and send them to fetch Mikono, Sousei, and every other girl in Vega just to be safe? Can you imagine having a hundred reverse-powered Kaguras.

I don't think Izumo has a kid, I think he's just in love with the beauty in the glass (so to speak). Remember, we have the back of that *guy's* head in one of the flashbacks that really, really looks like the back of Amata's head. Just compare the the hair styles, its eerily similar. Is it Amata's dad? Is it Amata who is, somehow, not aging and his memories have been re-written into something preferable for, I don't know, Fudo?

Quote:
I really like that scenario, which means it probably won't happen. But I like it.
Well, they've still left his physical attraction to Zessica, and her attraction to him, floating around in the air with no resolution for a while. Makes you wonder... (Even if the show is telegraphing Mikono/Amata like Prince/Princess in a Disney movie.)

Quote:
And on the other topic:
Spoiler for Kagura/Mikono again:
Spoiler for Yup:
Old 2012-03-25, 21:15   Link #26
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Posting here because we're speculating and could lead to spoilers ...

Spoiler for Not quite:
Spoiler for Kagura:

Quote:

Here's my thoughts on it:

Spoiler for Amata and Kagura:

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2012-03-25 at 21:35.
Old 2012-03-25, 21:28   Link #27
Vena
Carpe Diem

I'm going to step away from the Kagura/Amata spec because its far too vague, and we're just going to run in circles.

Instead, here's one more peculiarity from this last episode.

Spoiler for Powers:
Old 2012-03-25, 21:41   Link #28
mayumi

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-25, 21:45   Link #29
miketyson

Vena: I was asking you how much there was (or wasn't) about projections, spirit bodies, etc., but it seems like the original series didn't have them *that* powerful. Some kind of split or "sundering" might've happened (and guess who's generally good at undoing what's been done, and who's specifically good at (re)creating connections...)...but I'm dropping it too now, unless shocking new evidence comes to the table.

Powers:
Spoiler for Powers:
Old 2012-03-25, 22:07   Link #30
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Vena: I was asking you how much there was (or wasn't) about projections, spirit bodies, etc., but it seems like the original series didn't have them *that* powerful. Some kind of split or "sundering" might've happened (and guess who's generally good at undoing what's been done, and who's specifically good at (re)creating connections...)...but I'm dropping it too now, unless shocking new evidence comes to the table.
Oh I completely misunderstood then. O-o And honestly I don't remember... so I asked you back, and apparently we were both asking each other the same question.

Quote:
Powers:
Spoiler for Powers:
Spoiler for Powers continued:
Old 2012-03-25, 22:12   Link #31
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

^
^

My bet is on Sazanka having perfect visual memory or something.
Old 2012-03-25, 22:28   Link #32
miketyson

Cyberdemon: I like that scenario a lot too. I just can't see Alisia actually *abandoning* her kid, so she has to have had a good reason to leave, and that is a good reason.

Vena:
Spoiler for Powers, Continued:
Old 2012-03-25, 23:17   Link #33
Thess

Quote:
I'm going to step away from the Kagura/Amata spec because its far too vague, and we're just going to run in circles.

Instead, here's one more peculiarity from this last episode.

Spoiler for Powers:
You might be into something about the powers...

Spoiler for spoilers:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-03-25, 23:22   Link #34
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
You might be into something about the powers...

Spoiler for spoilers:
Spoiler for Power talks keep going and going:
Old 2012-03-25, 23:24   Link #35
Thess

Quote:
Spoiler for Power talks keep going and going:
Spoiler for also:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-03-26, 00:39   Link #36
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Now that the subs are out, and I just watched them.

I don't think Mykage knows where Solar wing is.

He came to Fudo and said

Spoiler for fudo stuff:
Old 2012-03-26, 02:25   Link #37
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
Now that the subs are out, and I just watched them.

I don't think Mykage knows where Solar wing is.

He came to Fudo and said

Spoiler for fudo stuff:
Spoiler for Stuff:

Old 2012-03-26, 02:39   Link #38
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

I'm not sure why, I had this moment of glee when Apollonius was mentioned. But I did, and the fact this his Solar wings still exist, made me extra happy.

Alright, now about the book of Genesis.

I see it in the OP all the time, and I'm pretty sure I've heard Fudo mention it.

The only legend mentioned in the book of Genesis is that of Apollonius and Celianne.

Was Apollo's and Sylvia's history written down there too?
Old 2012-03-26, 03:24   Link #39
Ypocaramel

Historical comment: The shift from Apollo and Sylvia to Apollon and Sylvie is not surprising. After all, we call Alexander III of Macedon "Alexander the Great" not Alexandros Megas as the ancients would. Aquarion Evol has maintained that there has been some lingustic shift in the last 12,000 years. Letters have changed (font only on screen) and ancient books are unintelligible to modern readers (Andy) but can be read without difficulty by a person of high school / college level education in ancient languages (Mix). Apollon and Sylvie could be simple linguistic shift, although I really make no conclusions as to how many layers of historical inaccacuries have been heaped onto the tale in the intervening 12,000 years.

Last edited by Ypocaramel; 2012-03-26 at 04:56. Reason: 12,000 years not 24,000
Old 2012-03-26, 06:17   Link #40
mayumi

Kagura's element described by zen was something like darkness that swallows light if you reverse that it is light born from darkness basically the light of genesis, the big bang. Power of apollonius/apollo. Now if kagura can apply the reverse power on himself then he would be apollo.
Closed Thread