AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-20, 06:58   Link #221
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Supposed? Is that some official Shinto doctrine or something? I don't really care how they handle that, as long as it doesn't break the mood.
Dubious 60s parapsychology psi theory. Also, Dungeons & Dragons .
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 08:45   Link #222
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Episode 5 summary is out....

Btw, is anyone feeling that the OBE form is just down right queer?
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 19:54   Link #223
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
Episode 5 summary is out....

Btw, is anyone feeling that the OBE form is just down right queer?
No your not the only one and frankly it might be the thing to make me drop the show honestly...

GH so far had done a good job of drawing me in and creating excellent atmosphere though the sound design, which continued to draw me in through Episode 4. But the second they showed the absurdly silly look of them when they had the O.E.B. just really destroyed alot of that atmosphere that drew me in.

Seeing as how it looks like they'll get used again in episode 5 I can't really see myself being able to take the show very serious anymore...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 09:04   Link #224
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
No your not the only one and frankly it might be the thing to make me drop the show honestly...

GH so far had done a good job of drawing me in and creating excellent atmosphere though the sound design, which continued to draw me in through Episode 4. But the second they showed the absurdly silly look of them when they had the O.E.B. just really destroyed alot of that atmosphere that drew me in.

Seeing as how it looks like they'll get used again in episode 5 I can't really see myself being able to take the show very serious anymore...
Same thought... Ep5 is interesting but why Caspers? Sigh... i prefer their spirit form to be just like their exact look but a bit transparent rather than ...urgh. I will still follow the series, tho' to understand more about this concept of the Unseen World.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 09:36   Link #225
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Dubious 60s parapsychology psi theory. Also, Dungeons & Dragons .
Likely, you all had many OBEs and you know better how do they go, isn't it?
Hakuryu_Hikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 14:36   Link #226
Algent

It's the same as Lain on this point, a big mix of reality, theory and fiction and it work really well.

About the Casper look I think it's to make think their soul is vulnerable in this state.

I can't wait for today episode :>
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 21:42   Link #227
Kirarakim

While their OBE form does sort of ruin the mood of the show (although I find it sort of cute) I don't think that is enough reason for me to drop the show since I still find it extremely intriuging.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 22:02   Link #228
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Indeed, as I've said countless times in other threads this is a problem of people making a steel wall made of expectations and how they want the story to be, and feeling disappointed when one part of the real show collides against the wall. While I found the little OBE bodies to be a little weird, I didn't find it so mood ruining as many of you seem to do, maybe because I took that what the author wanted to express was the fragility of the human mind once devoid of all its facades and physical protections.

Just let the show flow, and when you find something you disagree with just put yourself in the author shoes and try to devise what is what he wanted to say. It usually works for these type of series
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 12:03   Link #229
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I think the real question on everyone's mind is.... WHO IS THE RAT?!
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 17:36   Link #230
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Indeed, as I've said countless times in other threads this is a problem of people making a steel wall made of expectations and how they want the story to be, and feeling disappointed when one part of the real show collides against the wall. While I found the little OBE bodies to be a little weird, I didn't find it so mood ruining as many of you seem to do, maybe because I took that what the author wanted to express was the fragility of the human mind once devoid of all its facades and physical protections.

Just let the show flow, and when you find something you disagree with just put yourself in the author shoes and try to devise what is what he wanted to say. It usually works for these type of series
I'm all for visual symbolism, but I still can't shake the feeling that there absolutely silly looking and fail at doing anything save removing me completely from the flow and atmosphere of the show. But thats me. *shrug*

The fact that the little things disrupt me so much is probably a hint that beyond great atmosphere and mood the show doesn't hold my interest too terribly much in the end.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 17:50   Link #231
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
I think the real question on everyone's mind is.... WHO IS THE RAT?!
I think he is from the Japan Bio Tech facility.

Spoiler for episode 06:

(and as always, sorry for the bad english )

edit: pics out on random curiosity http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...host-hound-06/

Last edited by Algent; 2007-11-24 at 08:49.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 01:20   Link #232
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I actually thought the little doughboy spirit forms kinda worked in ep 5. At least, I think once the initial surprise at seeing them was through, they expressed what the creators intended - that spiritually we're just a bunch of naked and terrified kids. As usual, the rest of the episode was quite creepy and the exposition continued to come out in drips rather than a flood. Still working for me on almost every level.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 02:36   Link #233
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

ep6 is decent, tho' it starts to feel random.
Spoiler for ep6:
Old 2007-12-01, 09:15   Link #234
Dop
Mmmm....

Interesting episode.

I've come across that 'homunculus' theory thing before - the idea is the figure depicts the body according to how much of your brain is dedicated to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortical_homunculus

They're not just making this stuff up!

Whether they'd study that at school level, I don't know. Maybe in Biology class.

Ah, the CT (CAT) Scan. That stuff they inject you with is not nice. Every time I've had one I've come out feeling flushed and woozy.
I wish I'd had a doctor like Otori-sensei, though!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 00:17   Link #235
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not enough credit being given for how brilliant this is. It's high-concept and not everything works, but it creates a mood that's unsettling and involving. And not to harp on it, but the sound is absolutely amazing - as much a part of the show as the visuals.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 20:54   Link #236
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Spoiler for spoilers: episode 7:
Old 2007-12-06, 23:45   Link #237
darlliu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Interesting episode.

I've come across that 'homunculus' theory thing before - the idea is the figure depicts the body according to how much of your brain is dedicated to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortical_homunculus

They're not just making this stuff up!

Whether they'd study that at school level, I don't know. Maybe in Biology class.

Ah, the CT (CAT) Scan. That stuff they inject you with is not nice. Every time I've had one I've come out feeling flushed and woozy.
I wish I'd had a doctor like Otori-sensei, though!
I don't know about the Japanese schools, but in China we did learn that in high school, it's just used to explain how we are able to make complex facial expressions/talks and stuffs like that.

The two senseis are like destined couple, really, their glasses and mysterious looks go get married now !
Old 2007-12-07, 17:37   Link #238
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

ep 7 seems to rely on dr. Otori fanservice to keep the show entertaining.
Spoiler for ep7:
Old 2007-12-07, 17:51   Link #239
Strabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
ep 7 seems to rely on dr. Otori fanservice to keep the show entertaining.
Spoiler for ep7:
I enjoyed that explanation thing. But then again, I am a hardcore science lover.

But I felt that the bit at the very end, with the distorted sound and hallucinations was the stand out bit. I found it really rather creepy.

Just in case no-one else has mentioned it:
The sound in this show is really good.
Strabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 01:38   Link #240
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The sounds basically reminds me of Silent Hill in that if the sounds weren't there, it'd probably won't be as half or third as creepy.

Actually, the things that happened in Ghost Hound really weren't creepy to a large degree.... except for that long limbed ghost thinggy and the giant...

I really wish we see more of those creepy apparitions instead of your average psychological care episode. I don't think we necessarily need a breather on brain psychology in every single episode.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, production i.g.