D3athScythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 11:11   Link #22
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctown
WHY CAN"T THEY have a filler about narutos 3 years training or other stuff
ShikaShika's explanation of what filler is.©
Kishimoto Masashi writes the manga. Pierrot Studios produces the anime. Other than having bought the rights from Kishimoto, Pierrot Studios has no contact with him. And since the anime normally moves at twice the speed of the manga, the anime will obviously catch up. To fill in, we need episodes that are not based on the manga. Here's the imortant part: Because of the lack of communication between Studio Pierrot and Kishimoto, the anime producers simply have no idea of what Kishimoto is going to write about in the future. To avoid contradicting future plot and character development, the filler needs to be steared as far away as possible from anything that Kishimoto is likely to write about (which of course is pretty much the same things that made us all like Naruto in the first place). That's why we get crazy ass adventures with tigermen, bughunts and magic curry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avangion
For those who never watch the episode, but want to know what the others are talking about... Click on the image for full view.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 13:42   Link #23
AIKakashi
Sempai

Send a message via AIM to AIKakashi
I have to say I liked the arc, up to this ep. I was a tad disappointed in the end.

I'll say spoiler warnings, even though I'm not being direct about it.
the "Twist" when it came to who the ghost really was and the feudal lord, I kinda saw that coming by the last episode. Especially after the way "sagi" treated his former best friend in the second episode (I think it was the second ep). That's when I came up with the theory.

I even mentioned that to my friends who said "no way. the voice." but I knew in some way it would turn out like this. So I was disappointed that (At least for me) it was kind of the obvious. Not to mention I was hoping that Shima and Toki would end up together romantically in the end once I knew things were the way they were. I thought for sure that would happen. It would have been a nicer ending.

And the animation was disappointing. In the end when we saw Kakashi, Naruto, Ten-Ten and Neji standing together, what was with Kakashi's 100 ft high hair? I mean, dude needs a hair cut if that's really how tall his hair is and not bad animation. Seriously. did they change animators half way through the arc? Cause the animation didn't start that choppy.

Over all I'd give this arc a 3.5 it would have been a 4 if it weren't for this last ep where the animation fell apart and for me, the final story predictable. but it was one of the better ones.

Although I like the Bug hunt arc best. I thought that was cute, well animated and a generally good storyline. I just wish when it came to the kids they'd stop using the same ones over and over.

They're always using Ten-Ten, Neji, Rock-Lee, Hinata. They seem to be putting the others like Shikamaru, Sakura, and Kiba on the side burner. At least Chouji seems to be in the upcoming ep.

I'm not a filler poo-poo'er but I hope they do better than they did this last episode, and start using some of the other characters a bit more instead of recycling the same ones over and over.
AIKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 18:19   Link #24
The Valeyard
Kikaichuu!!

Send a message via MSN to The Valeyard
I was very disappointed. The story had started off good, and came to a suitable conclusion in this episode. However, the animation was rubbish and it made the fight scenes painful to look at.

At least the next episode should provide some much needed relief.....
The Valeyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 18:57   Link #25
Ziv

seriously.... why can't naruto summon a decent sized frog? or maybe he could actually use henge no jutsu for a change? even better! use harem no jutsu in a real fight again!!! that would definately make the episode worth watching.

and seriously... Naruto is neither that stupid, nor that cowardly. I mean, he exploded out of the inside of one of orochimaru's giant snakes for crying out loud!! how much larger could those dragons have been had they been real!!!? The naruto I know would've punched the dragon in the face when it showed up, not ran away!!!

1 out of 5 for making naruto look stupid, and for not thinking of anything creative for the fight.

Last edited by Ziv; 2006-01-06 at 21:43.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 19:12   Link #26
Red_Eclipse
Phoenix

Geez I knew from the beginning it was going to be the lame sister is really acting as the brother thing.. Ever since the coldness from her actions towards the dude with glasses and the final confirmation when she was taking a bath.. It's OLD...

On a better note the ending theme was cute... SO very cute...

Visit My Graphic Site: The Forgotten Lair
Red_Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 19:27   Link #27
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Unhappy

I cant take these fillers anymore... its horrible.

When is this filler going to end?

Ever since 135 It has just gone downhill. The animation in this one was bad. The uzumaki combo was also the worst so far

Ten-Ten seemed to be better animated in this one(her face) but she defintely still lacks personallity. Right now she still seems like a generic ninja girl who are useless.

I wish they would not have made all the fillers and just used the time doing the animation better, making the good episodes longer and worked on character development, or trying to build up the world.

Its just starting to get old with all this...

always naruto has to use simple logical and all these people who should no better always just says... "naruto"... then everything works out right even though it always seems that the bad guys can win. Hole bird country should have died. And Ten-Ten too. And kakashi should have lost an arm. That would make it more dramatic.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 20:27   Link #28
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
WORST EPISODE EVER!

Although the introduction to the new year was pretty funny, the rest of this episode was the worst i've seen yet. There were so many innaccuracies and stupidities in it that if i wrote about them all, it'll be like writing a detailed commentary of the episode lol. The storyline of the Bird Country to me had been pretty decent and i could watch it without getting bored which was good but this ending to it was complete rubbish.
Also i know the filler animation has been below par, but this was definitely the worst so far, it was utter crap.

Usually 2 episode long specials would be a good thing but for this i just couldnt wait for it to end
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 20:56   Link #29
tendollarbill

Dissapointed, finished the fight of with Redan ..meh. THough Toki was pretty in the end there. Animation was sloppy, like stick figure fighting.
tendollarbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 21:52   Link #30
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKakashi
They're always using Ten-Ten, Neji, Rock-Lee, Hinata. They seem to be putting the others like Shikamaru, Sakura, and Kiba on the side burner. At least Chouji seems to be in the upcoming ep.

I'm not a filler poo-poo'er but I hope they do better than they did this last episode, and start using some of the other characters a bit more instead of recycling the same ones over and over.
you didn't even mention ino. I don't blame you though. I can't even remember how long it's been since she's even been in an episode.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 22:25   Link #31
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
you didn't even mention ino. I don't blame you though. I can't even remember how long it's been since she's even been in an episode.
Makes me wonder, is it theoretically possible for Ino to jump into Naruto's mind? Sakura had inner-sakura to fight Ino out of her mind, I wonder how the Kyuubi deamon would feel with the new visitor inside Naruto That would be a interesting thing to see hehe
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 00:25   Link #32
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Quote:
Makes me wonder, is it theoretically possible for Ino to jump into Naruto's mind? Sakura had inner-sakura to fight Ino out of her mind, I wonder how the Kyuubi deamon would feel with the new visitor inside Naruto That would be a interesting thing to see hehe
That never even crossed my mind O.o hhaa

Mmmm...this episode was okay. I didn't mind watching it, and it definitely wasn't as bad as some of those other fillers. The animation was quite sucky. Oh well, I hope they save the good animation for when they get back on track with the manga

What was it? 13 more weeks or something?
Souzouryoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 03:43   Link #33
Ragnarokender

Holy crap, what a terrible episode, and overall a horrible filler. There are too many flaws, most of which obvious and have already been pointed multiple times so ill just save myself the trouble.
Ragnarokender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 17:52   Link #34
Jaden

fillers reach an all-time low...
you'd think they would get better at making fillers over time, but nada.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 01:43   Link #35
lotus_lee

In The Simpsons Comic Store guy's voice: ''Worst episode ever''! This was such a crappy ending to what I thought was quite a good filler arc. I mean, come on man! The guy was able to do Taijyuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu, Suiton Suiryuudan no Jutsu, Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu, jutsus that are forbidden (hence expected to be well protected by top ninja) or clan specific to only the most-abled so I was expecting him to really be something. Instead, Naruto beat him with a simple Naruto Rendan! I'm sure he couldn't have been knocked out that easily, plus he did land in water. And why-oh-why did he just stand there on the boat waiting to be punched by Naruto? I was expecting maybe a bit of Kyuubi-ness or Rasengan would have been needed to kill the guy.

I've been rating the past few episodes 4 or 5* even but this deserves a -5*
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 10:59   Link #36
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Lame. All the more disappointing because I thought the arc was really promising when it began. But it was all so obvious and so far-fetched, even within the Naruto universe, that it was a let-down. I don't buy the kite thing for a moment, the bad guy went down much too easily, the big dramatic death only leading to the character waking up when the fight's over was bad enough the FIRST time we saw it in Naruto (but at least that was in a great storyline) and despite the anvil-sized hints, I didn't guess that the feudal lord was actually his dead sister, mostly because that's just so damn stupid that I refused to consider it.

Oh, and the furry ED was kinda disturbing. But worth it for the laugh I got seeing Shino dressed up as a dog.
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 13:11   Link #37
Temari_15

Send a message via MSN to Temari_15
It was crap... Just skip to the 3-year training with Jiraiya "¬¬
Temari_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 20:06   Link #38
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Who rated this a 5? o.O
Souzouryoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 21:55   Link #39
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by avangion
For those who never watch the episode, but want to know what the others are talking about... Click on the image for full view.

Finally, the furry thread makes sense. Hinata-chan is so kawaii~ in this and Kurenai-sensei... And Gai-sensei is simply hilarious. Lee looks cute in the fur as well.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 05:54   Link #40
drunkenlotus
huhhh

whoooooooo kurenai sensei...onegai....XD

OK this filler was almost half decent until the second half of this episode. How was that guy beaten so easily when he knew all that forbidden jutsu (as lotus_lee said)? Bleah...we should be the writers for these stupid things.
drunkenlotus is offline   Reply With Quote