AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 32 27.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 13.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 11.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 11.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 5.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 14.41%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-29, 16:40   Link #141
Ilidsor
Angelerator

They were only up there for a few seconds. I'm sure they would have been fine.

There were a lot of problems with this episode but that at least wasn't one of them.
Old 2013-09-29, 16:43   Link #142
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Mikoto could've kept herself warm with her abilities anyway, I imagine. She certainly kept AIM Burst warm and toasty.
Old 2013-09-29, 16:53   Link #143
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Febri wasn't carrying her purse.
She had it when they jumped off the building at the end of the last episode, and Mikoto also stated "that was the last one" after giving Febri a lollipop in the same scene. I'd also assumed that labcoat girl's lines just after they discovered Febri had finished that lolipop indicated that she was going to do something about the problem.

The general implication I got was that labcoat girl sent instructions, someone made up some new lollipops, and then Saten rushed them over to Febri, all in the time between the missile launch and when Mikoto and Kuroko went up to shoot down the missile!
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 17:27   Link #144
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Don't know if this belongs here but did anyone else notice this

Spoiler:

in the end, Kamijou-san steals the show again
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 17:46   Link #145
Shinhwa
Banned

Kamijou is the male protagonist of Railgun anyway, although he isn't really a main one XD;;
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 17:58   Link #146
Draco Spirit

So...

I rather liked this episode.... no really, I actually liked it. Oh sure it was a pretty dumb episode in regards to plot, but as " Railgun the Action Musical" it worked wonderfully, also it did what good filler typically does well, it was fun!

Saten and Uiharu in a mech, supplied by the Kongou family?

Mikoto running around with Febri on her back, fighting army of robots, telling off a guy trying to kill himself, and then going into - nearspace- to stop a missile attack!

Kuroko running around with a load of spears, throwing them into robots while proudly declaring she's her Onee-sama Herald!

Judgement turning up in force to contain army of robots!

Kuroko/Mikoto shipping scenes that were actually tasteful!

It was full of all sorts of awesome and fun, even if the script was a bit on the dumb side. My only complaint is we didn't get to the Sisters shoot anything... but that would have caused the script even more conflicts with cannon >.<

On another note, I think they were trying to deliberately go a bit more light hearted after the pretty heavy going Sisters Arc, which featured brutal murders, insanity and nightmare fuel.

Just a thought
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 18:22   Link #147
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
The general implication I got was that labcoat girl sent instructions, someone made up some new lollipops, and then Saten rushed them over to Febri, all in the time between the missile launch and when Mikoto and Kuroko went up to shoot down the missile!
I thought Aritomi told Misaka and Shinobu where he had more of the lolipops stored and Saten collected and delivered them.
Old 2013-09-29, 18:50   Link #148
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I thought Aritomi told Misaka and Shinobu where he had more of the lolipops stored and Saten collected and delivered them.
Come to think of it..... what was it that Ruiko said when she came into the lab?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 19:56   Link #149
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Come to think of it..... what was it that Ruiko said when she came into the lab?
The lollipops were where Aritomi said they were.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 20:07   Link #150
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Well, finally got to see the subs for this episode. First, I feel like punching the person who decided that Liberal Arts be mentioned at the very end after the hints at the beginning of the season let to disappointment. There were definitely to many insert songs that episode. The season 2 openings, the OVA opening, the second season 1 opening, the ending theme. There was probably less than 5 minutes of the episode that had BGM.

On to the content of the episode itself. The animation was pretty good. We got some nice action sequences and got to see ITEM, Misaka, Kuroko, Kongou and the swim girls show off their abilities. I am disappointed that they spilled the beans on the one swim girl's power before its reveal in the manga. I guess it was nice to see Judgment unite, but I am very disappointed that no one other than the girls got to use any esper power, lazing on J.C. Staff's part. The whole surprise armed robots, and the transforming mech were pretty stupid to me. The idea that Saten and Uiharu could master robot to the extent shown by reading the manual is too unbelievable.

The last episode didn't change my mind about the plot or the villains. I still feel it was very poorly written, even if certain ideas from this arc aren't bad. The villains went out with a whimper, and J.C. Staff didn't even to show what happened to them. The worst for me was when their plan started to derail, STUDY's plan B was to to get into bigger mechs and shoot everyone with guns.

Oh well, its over now. The sister's arc was amazing, and even if the amine arc was lacking, I enjoyed watching Railgun S till the end. See you all for Index III or Railgun III, depending if you watch both or not.
Old 2013-09-29, 20:19   Link #151
Primary Consult

The Good:
1 - ITEM - this is pretty much how I figured Mugino would have reacted to learning of this nonsense.
2 - This is the only episode with at least one frame of 4 Level 5s in it [the other OP notwithstanding].
3 - Shinobu's fate has finally been revealed.
4 - Clarifying 19090's situation (I don't know if it was explained better in the LNs but until that phone call segment I was unsure of whether "Error No. 19090" from the error screen in sisters arc and the original manga cell actually involved her, or just the other number on the screen).
4 - Endymion tie-in.
5 - Telepathy to deal with comm jamming, gotta admit it was a good idea. I kinda forgot about Haruue.
6 - Wannai and Awatsuki: always fun to see them combine powers in neat ways...

The bad:
1 - Too many railgun OPs/EDs... seriously.
2 - A little too much on the lovey-dovey side.
3 - ... something was just plain off about this. I don't really know what, but I didn't like it. I wish I could figure out why. I want to say "too silly" but that's not exactly it... This is unfortunately why I'll have to either rewatch before rating, or give it a low rating.

As for the complaining about Saten learning how to use it after reading the manual for a day - Academy City's technology is 30 years ahead. I'd be more surprised if piloting a mecha were not as easy as playing a video game.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 20:28   Link #152
Shinhwa
Banned

Pretty much saying, this arc barely had any Kamachi-touch and was pretty much Nagai specialized arc....
Old 2013-09-29, 20:32   Link #153
Sumeragi
Banned

People need to stop blaming Nagai. This was a very Kamachi episode.
Old 2013-09-29, 20:34   Link #154
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
As for the complaining about Saten learning how to use it after reading the manual for a day - Academy City's technology is 30 years ahead. I'd be more surprised if piloting a mecha were not as easy as playing a video game.
No, piloting mechs has always been only done by trained professionals. Almost always Anti-Skills who are AC's police force and army. Making a machine that big and complicated like playing a videogame would not fit the setting at all.

I'm trying to not complain about this episode too much but I just can't stop thinking about how Study didn't give any of their 20000 powered suits guns aside from like 5 that were used to fight espers.

EDIT:

Quote:
No. No it was not. That scene with Judgment at the beginning. Juggment somehow overpowering robots with pure physical strength. None of the robots having guns. The vast difference in tone. This was the Railgun crew all the way.
Old 2013-09-29, 20:36   Link #155
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
No, piloting mechs has always been only done by trained professionals. Almost always Anti-Skills who are AC's police force and army. Making a machine that big and complicated like playing a videogame would not fit the setting at all.
You forgot: It was a Kongou product, which is likely to have been different from your regular mecha. Seems like Gensei might have helped tone things down so a schoolgirl can use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I'm trying to not complain about this episode too much but I just can't stop thinking about how Study didn't give any of their 20000 powered suits guns aside from like 5 that were used to fight espers.
STUDY's objective was to make a "revolution", not commit mass murder. Of course, that missile was very stupid.
Old 2013-09-29, 20:39   Link #156
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
So...

I rather liked this episode.... no really, I actually liked it. Oh sure it was a pretty dumb episode in regards to plot, but as " Railgun the Action Musical" it worked wonderfully, also it did what good filler typically does well, it was fun!

Saten and Uiharu in a mech, supplied by the Kongou family?

Mikoto running around with Febri on her back, fighting army of robots, telling off a guy trying to kill himself, and then going into - nearspace- to stop a missile attack!

Kuroko running around with a load of spears, throwing them into robots while proudly declaring she's her Onee-sama Herald!

Judgement turning up in force to contain army of robots!

Kuroko/Mikoto shipping scenes that were actually tasteful!

It was full of all sorts of awesome and fun, even if the script was a bit on the dumb side. My only complaint is we didn't get to the Sisters shoot anything... but that would have caused the script even more conflicts with cannon >.<

On another note, I think they were trying to deliberately go a bit more light hearted after the pretty heavy going Sisters Arc, which featured brutal murders, insanity and nightmare fuel.

Just a thought
Totally agree. This is why I liked it. I wanted to see epicness animated. I also wanted to see a heartwarming emotional plot. What's wrong with that? There are plenty of reasons it is canon because of the special reasons surrounding the incident. It makes sense because Misaki mind-wiped people's memories (apparently).

So in the end, I don't really find that many problems with this arc. It wasn't so bad and it was very fun to watch, and nostalgic. So I gave it a high review.

Does anyone else think it's ironic that when I'm writing this there are 16 10/10 and 1/10. (Sisters Arc). Most of the 16 10/10 didn't like Sisters arc and most of the 1/10's did. Kind of ironic if you ask me

In the end, I'm just happy to know Gensei was responsible for level 6 shift. That's enough for me. Since that was said only in this arc...

And Kenju: that was very cool with Touma I so didn't notice that
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 20:42   Link #157
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Kamachi doesn't really make this kind of stuff though...
Old 2013-09-29, 20:46   Link #158
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Kamachi doesn't really make this kind of stuff though...
He does... he just has novels which give a lot more space to explain why what is happening actually makes sense. The craziness is still exactly the same... It really is...

You have to realize that since Sisters arc was 16 episodes long, clearly Silent Party had to skip a lot of points. Since I wanted Sisters arc to be 16 or more episodes, I don't mind this and want to say that I find it ok that not all of it makes sense because there wasn't enough time to handle all of the details in the anime...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 20:47   Link #159
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
After some thought, I decided to give this episode 7/10.

It was a fun, amusing episode with flashy and often entertaining visuals, so I took the approach of "Start from 10, and take off points from there".

-1 point for lame villains.

-1 point for assorted silliness/stupidity.

-1 point for feeling really rushed. It felt like the episode was just jumping all over the place, and it was actually a bit hard to keep up with at times (mind you, all the insert songs might have played a role here, since they did distract me at times ). I also felt this episode needed more of an aftermath. Like someone else wrote, we didn't even find out what happened to the villains after. I can only assume that they were carted off to jail, but it would have been nice to have gotten some confirmation there.

So that gives a 7/10 score.

One interesting repercussion of this episode is that it definitely raises Judgement's profile. Lame villains or not, this was still serious terrorism going on here, and Judgement handled it without any Anti-Skill involvement or oversight at all. I guess Judgement definitely can be compared to police officers after all.
Old 2013-09-29, 20:50   Link #160
Shinhwa
Banned

Let me just say I gave 10/10 just because of the action itself and how Misaki and Touma came out =3=