AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2020-08-02, 21:48   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The new OP shows some characters that appeared in Index's most recent season.
That scares me, but hopefully, Railgun is good enough of a cook to make the rotten materials into edible food.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-03, 01:26   Link #22
Side-streetdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
You mean Konori's partner?
I mean what Uiharu mentioned about her possible junior

I back to re-read the manga and there was this dialogue too
Because it was minor joke in manga, so I must forgot it

My mistake
Old 2020-08-03, 08:45   Link #23
GDB

I feel like she appears... somewhere. I want to say the spinoff that focuses on Shokuhou's right hand girl?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-03, 14:19   Link #24
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The new OP shows some characters that appeared in Index's most recent season.
That scares me, but hopefully, Railgun is good enough of a cook to make the rotten materials into edible food.
If you're talking about Kakine's group...well, just like with ITEM I expect they'll probably come off more memorably here than they did in Index III.
Old 2020-08-07, 11:40   Link #25
Frontier

Nothing wrong with using Indian Poker to learn some relatively useless but cool hand techniques, as demonstrated by Saten .

ITEM showering! With a gander of Takitsubo's Takitsubo's as well as Frenda in all her Frenda-ness .

Frenda has a sister who we can credit for her sudden maturation? Thank you .

Hamazura! It was fun seeing him in his pre-MC phase as ITEM's errand boy and trying to look out for the girls in his own awkward way. Kinuhata takes it the wrong way though .

Nothing can cause or a rift or a union between two flat-chested girls who would normally be on opposite sides quite like the hope of finally having real, noticeable, breasts .

So was it the girls' obsession with breasts that fueled a lot of those dreams or were the source material just extremely coincidentally flat-chested girls with their own hangups about it ?

So we saw Yomikawa (and Acceletator's) scientist friend and Tsuchimikado's sister...along with one of those Tokiwadai girls who has no right complaining about their breasts compared to a true flat-chested girl .

I guess there's something to be said about wearing a revealing outfit that still accentuates your figure even if you don't quite have the cleavage you'd like .

Hey now, don't be knocking the appeal of a girl's lovely legs and thighs, especially in a kunoichi outfit. Whoever wrote that was obviously a biased boob-man .

So the split-headed scientist lady finally turns up, but what begins as a lecture on the hopes and dreams of all girls who want boobs turns into a weird warning about obstacles in the future. Really not sure what she was going on about there .

I think Kuroko has imagined talking with her Onee-sama in to the night, but not quite like that .

At least one flat girl managed to benefit from all this .

You thought it was too much of a coincidence that Mikoto and Kinuhata just happened to meet each other and form some camaraderie within a day? Well looks like Frenda and Saten are going to team-up next week .
Old 2020-08-07, 18:38   Link #26
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The anime reminding us how cursed Misaka is whether you see chest or ass, both flat.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2020-08-07 at 21:14.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-07, 20:35   Link #27
Wandering Soul

The whole joke a little better in the manga where the cards are black and white. Here they clearly say the card is grey, so it makes Misaka and Saia look a bit dumb for going through all the cards instead of just the grey ones
Old 2020-08-08, 00:53   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly...this might have been the weakest episode in the entire Railgun franchise. I'm sure there are other weak episodes, but this one should fall into that grouping. The card thing just seems stupid. They clearly stated it was a silver card so why the heck are they grabbing red and green cards to check them?

And the jokes were really one note. Just a lot of breast envy for almost the entire episode. That was it. That can work when it comes to humor. No question about that. But...that was all this episode had going for it. A bit of a hint with that mysterious figure and parts of this episode can be built on later, but I still didn't love it.

Kind of feels wrong that the Kuroko focused episode was so much better than the Mikoto episode that followed it. The main character deserves a bit more respect from her writer here.

Not every episode can be a winner and at least the next episode looks to bounce back in a good way.
Old 2020-08-08, 22:45   Link #29
Chosen_Hero

That bird is the biggest troll ever.
Old 2020-08-08, 23:08   Link #30
Primary Consult

This episode gave Kinuhata more lines/screentime/character development than all of Index III... she got the short (pun intended) end of the stick there compared to Mugino/Takitsubo/Hamazura, but hopefully this raises her profile a bit - they finally mentioned her penchant for a good C-ranked story!

It seems their desire of what they wanted from the dream is why all of them ended up in oppai territory... whose dream was the Idol one? I recognized the others like Maika, Yoshikawa, and the Tokiwadai girl who lost the tag game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
The whole joke a little better in the manga where the cards are black and white. Here they clearly say the card is grey, so it makes Misaka and Saia look a bit dumb for going through all the cards instead of just the grey ones
That is a big demerit for this episode. I don't even know how they could fix it for the BD release if they wanted to - easiest way would be to change Mikoto's line acknowledging the color of the card to something like 'I don't even remember what color?', a more difficult but believable one would be to show the card as looking different depending on what angle they're seeing it from... or a basic lens flare.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-09, 13:07   Link #31
alex_drian

I spooted a white nun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
It seems their desire of what they wanted from the dream is why all of them ended up in oppai territory... whose dream was the Idol one? I recognized the others like Maika, Yoshikawa, and the Tokiwadai girl who lost the tag game...
Is the new girl of the next episode.

Actually they replaced like 3 dreams for original ones. One for Index III fault, one for a character that you only know if you read the LN beyond that of Index III, and Himegami because who cares for Himegami?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-09, 14:10   Link #32
Tenzen12

Quote:
This episode gave Kinuhata more lines/screentime/character development than all of Index III... she got the short (pun intended) end of the stick there compared to Mugino/Takitsubo/Hamazura, but hopefully this raises her profile a bit - they finally mentioned her penchant for a good C-ranked story!
I wouldn't go that far. If nothing else Kinuhata is at least consistently more memorable then Takitsubo.
Old 2020-08-14, 13:08   Link #33
Frontier

Interesting that they're re-framing these events around when Kuroko and Uiharu were having their precog adventures .

Saten's flipped Uiharu's skirt so much she can accurately predict what panties she's wearing without even doing it now .

Frenda loved mackerel before it was cool .

Saten and Frenda is a surprise pairing I wasn't expecting. Considering how absolutely different they are and how they're on completely opposite sides of Academy City, they get along surprisingly well. Saten makes a good straight-woman and rational contrast to Frenda's more spontaneous and ditzy self .

We never got to see Frenda and Hamazura interact much, so that was fun even if it was mostly Frenda just bossing Hamazura around. I wonder if Hamazura would have sneaked a peek under Frenda's skirt had he not been driving like his life depended on it. And still thinking of Bunny Girls I see .

The girl in the pink dress can see through any lie? I don't remember that coming up before, but I guess she never really had an opportunity...

We meet a new super-cute girl! Who turns out to be none other than Yumiya Rakko, the secret sniper of SCHOOL and whose ditzy cute girl persona appears to just be an act to make herself popular and an "idol," while she's in actuality a much more vicious and predatory individual. She's also apparently one of the girls who Mikoto appeared as when she was going through all those Indian Poker's, and Mikoto definitely undersold her bust size .

It looks like she has some kind of ability that lets her shoot projectiles from thin air with precision accuracy. I kind of have to wonder where she was during the Battle Royale, though maybe this will explain it ?

Speaking of Battle Royale, we have the setup for Kakine getting his weapon and Frenda running afoul of SCHOOL before she got...Frenda'd .

It's kind of surreal thinking this big fight is breaking out for no reason because Saten has a completely useless Indian Poker, but, hey, cute and dangerous girls fighting is always a treat .
Old 2020-08-14, 21:12   Link #34
Wandering Soul

Are we sure Saten and Touma aren't distantly related and just don't know their relationship? It would certainly explain their propensity for ending up in trouble.
Old 2020-08-15, 17:17   Link #35
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Finally started watching this again, and honestly I was just glad that they had the girl apologize for being such a jerk. It's not that common really that we see bullies actually regret and apologize for their actions, and I'm always delighted when an author chooses to include it.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-16, 01:20   Link #36
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Are we sure Saten and Touma aren't distantly related and just don't know their relationship? It would certainly explain their propensity for ending up in trouble.
There's even more to it than this: Saten only ended up in trouble because she met Frenda; their SNS conversation only got flagged by Yobou because Frenda has high security clearance. Then after being rescued by Frenda, SCHOOL's interest in Saten increases because clearly she must be a high value target!

All spawning off buying the last cans of mackerel... that is a serious "Fukou Da!" moment right there...
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-17, 02:29   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
There's even more to it than this: Saten only ended up in trouble because she met Frenda; their SNS conversation only got flagged by Yobou because Frenda has high security clearance. Then after being rescued by Frenda, SCHOOL's interest in Saten increases because clearly she must be a high value target!

All spawning off buying the last cans of mackerel... that is a serious "Fukou Da!" moment right there...
It could be a relation and/or her secret esper ability . A magnet for trouble that girl.

Of course she does put herself into situations with her interest in rumors and things she reads online. But this case...this really isn't on Saten. Just bought some mackerel and doom followed.
Old 2020-08-17, 03:32   Link #38
GDB

If I recall, when Level Upper'd, her power was wind/air based. So... her true power must be "Air of Danger"!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 01:02   Link #39
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If I recall, when Level Upper'd, her power was wind/air based. So... her true power must be "Air of Danger"!
Saten has the same power as Kongou Mitsuko (That girl with a fan), Aero Hand.
Old 2020-08-21, 11:50   Link #40
Frontier

That poor dude. Gets his crotch stomped on by Frenda multiple times, in high heels no less, and one more for good measure even after she finds out he wasn't the guy after them. And then on-top of that he gets stuck on the stuff Frenda spread out to hide them and leaves him looking humiliated in front of Komoe and Himegami. This just was not his day .

I love how Yumiya turns back into schoolgirl mode the moment she sees her classmates again and then says the reason they didn't notice her is because she's so good at blending into her surroundings and not because she's a gloomy, lonely, girl. I mean, that outfit does give a completely different impression than her school uniform, but nice save all the same .

I guess the difference between a "good" person and a "bad" person is a good person will think of a plan that sacrifices themselves while a bad person will think of that same plan to save their own skin. But just Saten going to that extent was enough to give Frenda an about-face to change things around to save this person willing to go so far for her .

Nothing better than a well-animated fight sequence between two pretty girls going no-holds barred against one another. Plus some clever strategy from Frenda that leaves Yumiya getting blown up real good .

Well, Yumiya got most of her face blown off, but on the plus side she now thinks she and Frenda are somehow friends just because they went all out on each other. Psychos, am I right? Although that instability is apparently what drove her out of SCHOOL and miss the Battle Royale, so I guess now she's probably still steaming about a rematch against "Barbie" that'll probably never happen. I wonder if she actually fixed her face in the interim ?

I guess Yobou felt Kakine's rage in the past, and it left it's emotional scars .

I wasn't quite sure on the timeline until we saw Uiharu's injuries from what Kakine did to her, so it was after the Battle Royale. Meaning the reason Frenda wasn't there was because Mugino killed her. And Saten may never know what happened to her .