AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-31, 22:35   Link #901
Catnips

Thank goodness Wangan Midnight was turned into an anime which is a good move.This one is more on drag racing(reminds you of Tokyo Extreme Racer games)...GO DATSUN 240Z!!!
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 02:59   Link #902
NeoSam

And another anime got announced >.<

鉄腕バーディー
Tetsuwan Birdy
Birdy the Mighty

There was a 4 episode OVA anime adaptation of the old manga by Masami Yuki that got serialized in Shounen Sunday magazine. this manga ended with only 1 volume (corrected from 12 volumes to 1).

Info (about the old anime):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birdy_the_Mighty

There's a new manga thats currently running in the seinen manga magazine Young Sunday which is also by Masami Yuki and it has currently 13 volumes out (volume 14 will be released tomorrow November 2, 2006) and its still ongoing in Young Sunday magazine.

The site for the manga thats running in Young Sunday: (also the covers of the manga can be seen here)
http://www.youngsunday.com/rensai/comics/birdy.html

The new anime is most likely based on the new manga.

Genre: Shounen/Seinen, Science Fiction, Comedy

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-11-01 at 14:45. Reason: volume 14 will be released tomorrow :P
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 04:28   Link #903
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

OMG! Birdy the Mighty!! Wow that brings me back! I remember those OVAs! I can't wait to see it as a new TV show! Wow that's a lot of exclamation points!

Can anyone tell me something about the relation between the old manga and the new manga?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 06:47   Link #904
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
OMG! Birdy the Mighty!! Wow that brings me back! I remember those OVAs!
Yeah, no kidding. Hello "nostalgia". I can barely remember the OVAs though.

Quote:
I can't wait to see it as a new TV show! Wow that's a lot of exclamation points!
Hmm, the earlier post says the original manga series (in Shonen Sunday) was 12 volumes, but as far as I can find it was just 2. That's what the author's page seems to say anyway:
http://www.yukimasami.com/

Quote:
Can anyone tell me something about the relation between the old manga and the new manga?
Clueless here. Haven't found much by searching yet.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any name change for the new series running in Young Sunday - both are "Tetsuwan Birdy". The art style seems rather different from what I remember of his other Shounen Sunday works (Patlabor and so on). Seems more serious. Looking at some of the sample images from the manga, it looks like the new series re-starts from the beginning.

Some images I found:
http://www.youngsunday.com/rensai/desktop/birdy/s.jpg
http://www.youngsunday.com/rensai/desktop/birdy/2l.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/40...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
http://blog32.fc2.com/t/teikan/file/birdy1.jpg

PS Though I don't think it is relevant to the new Birdy anime, I think the Patlabor TV series and OVAs is one of the best manga to anime conversions - they managed to get around most of the flaws in the original, without taking much away, I thought. Ahh, "7 Days of Inferno"...

(Not so hot on the movies...)
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 07:08   Link #905
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Hmm, the earlier post says the original manga series (in Shonen Sunday) was 12 volumes, but as far as I can find it was just 2. That's what the author's page seems to say anyway:
http://www.yukimasami.com/
The english wiki said 12 volumes >.< so I just believed that >.<

But according to the japanese wiki its only 1 volume manga >.<

Can someone find out whats the truth LOL

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-11-01 at 07:25.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 08:24   Link #906
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The english wiki said 12 volumes >.< so I just believed that >.<

But according to the japanese wiki its only 1 volume manga >.<

Can someone find out whats the truth LOL
I think Wikipedia entry is including the new series - ie, it was 12 volumes when last updated. It makes no mention of the "Young Sunday" version, and the last updator probably confused the two versions (since they have exactly the same name).

The author's home page mentions a 2 volume old series related to Shonen Sunday. That might be the anime book version of the OVAs though.

According to this:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...d=4980&page=28

Quote:
1996-07 (Japanese Volume 1)
1996-12 (Japanese Anime Comic Edition Volume 1)
1997-03 (Japanese Anime Comic Edition Volume 2)
2003-06-05 (Japanese volume 1)
2003-09-05 (Japanese volume 2)
2003-12-05 (Japanese volume 3)
2004-03-05 (Japanese volume 4)
2004-06-04 (Japanese volume 5)
2004-09-03 (Japanese volume 6)
2004-12-03 (Japanese volume 7)
2005-03-04 (Japanese volume 8)
2005-06-03 (Japanese volume 9)
2005-09-05 (Japanese volume 10)
2005-12-05 (Japanese volume 11)
2006-04-05 (Japanese volume 12)
That sounds about right, though v13 is already out and v14 is due out tomorrow (2nd November). As far as I remember, the author stopped writing his last series in Shonen Sunday (Jaja Uma Grooming Up!) about 4 years ago - so it looks like shortly after he started the new version of "Birdy the Mighty" in Young Sunday.

I found an old review of the manga that complains that despite the volume being labeled "volume 1" a "volume 2" doesn't seem to exist.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 08:56   Link #907
NeoSam

Thanks for the info ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
That sounds about right, though v13 is already out and v14 is due out tomorrow (2nd November). As far as I remember, the author stopped writing his last series in Shonen Sunday (Jaja Uma Grooming Up!) about 4 years ago - so it looks like shortly after he started the new version of "Birdy the Mighty" in Young Sunday.

I found an old review of the manga that complains that despite the volume being labeled "volume 1" a "volume 2" doesn't seem to exist.
Yeah I can't find this volume 2 too (LOL) so the reviewer might be right, and thats why the japanese wiki only mentions 1 volume.

With volume 14 of the new manga coming out tomorrow hopefully the new anime won't be an OVA series, but a full TV series (at least 26 episodes).
Old 2006-11-01, 10:17   Link #908
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
It makes me wonder who's going to animate this. The car scenes better be slick, and the OST better be good!
Some major love for the Devil Z is coming to places like here soon.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-01, 14:17   Link #909
NeoSam

The official site for RGB Adventure (RGBアドベンチャー) anime has opened:

http://www.rgbadv.com/

Broadcast: November 5, 2006
Old 2006-11-01, 15:34   Link #910
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reideen#Remake Oh what's that. It couldn't be anymore clear now that next year is my year. MECHA REVIVAL TIME! I don't know how many classic mecha series are getting a new entry next year, but damn. This is it, you Moe/Dating Sim show fans had your turn for almost 3 years and I had to sit by grinding my teeth in agony as anime dissolved into "How can we make this character as cute as possibly and this male lead as wussy as possible?". Now its my turn, sit back and enjoy the ride as Manliness takes centre stage again and the cutesy girls get the boot from anime studios. I think I can thank the success of the Zeta Gundam series for this turn of events. Now instead of only the Moe fans winning, everybody gets to win as the Anime Industry finally wakes up and decides to stop spreading itself so thin. I'm sure 2007 will have plenty of stuff for everybody instead of just fans of cute girls.

And to think three months ago I was ready to throw in the towel and surrender to the onslaught of Moe. Now even though I'm primarily a Mecha fan, I would still be disappointed if that's all there was next year, because I have nothing against shows with cute girls. It's just when thats all there is I sit and vegetate somewhat. There just haven't been enough options lately. Now a Mecha show with a manly hero and a cute girl and an awesome robot, there is nothing else like it, its pretty much the peak for me. I swear any moe show this year could have been made instantly better by throwing a giant robot into the mix. Take for example the upcoming Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica, main character, total hottie, give her a robot or something and make it interesting. And my thoughts are bleeding out into this post again so I'll stop here and save space.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2006-11-01 at 15:50.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 13:38   Link #911
NeoSam

And the official site for Saiyuki RELOAD -burial- has opened:

http://saiyuki-ova.net/
Old 2006-11-04, 09:22   Link #912
NeoSam

The Birdy the Mighty anime just got announced and now a manga scanlation group started scanlating the new Birdy the Mighty manga

First chapter has been scanlated.

Link: Manganews.
Old 2006-11-05, 19:18   Link #913
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
The Birdy the Mighty anime just got announced and now a manga scanlation group started scanlating the new Birdy the Mighty manga

.....shinjirarenai......I remember renting the VHS tapes from Hollywood video...this anime's OLD SCHOOL!!

......er...sorta ^^;
Old 2006-11-08, 03:10   Link #914
eggplant
Eggplant

ウェルベールの物語〜Sisters of Wellber〜

Director: Hamana Takayuki (The Prince of Tennis/Idaten Jump)
Series Composition: Maekawa Jun (The Prince of Tennis/Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters/Onegai My Melody ~Kuru Kuru Shuffle!~)
Character Design: Iizuka Haruko (The Prince of Tennis, Two Samurais, The First Game/Tsubasa Chronicle: Torikago no Kuni no Himegimi)/Takahashi Nariyuki (Detective Conan: The Phantom of Baker Street)
Music: Dobashi Akio (ex-Rebecca)
Animation Studio: Production I.G/Trans Arts
Producer: Avex Entertainment/Zoomflicker/Production I.G

Genre: Romance? Mystery? (Original Storyline)
Media: TV Series
Launch Date: April 2007

Don't have any info on the story yet. Will try to scan a picture when Newtype is out on the 10th.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 09:06   Link #915
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Um ... pardon for my asking, but when does the documentary anime on Koizumi air again? Because if it's aired already, I haven't found raws of it or even anything on it. :V
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 10:17   Link #916
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Um ... pardon for my asking, but when does the documentary anime on Koizumi air again? Because if it's aired already, I haven't found raws of it or even anything on it. :V
This was a documentary about former Prime Minister Koizumi's secretary which aired on October 8th, and within the two hour special, 4 to 5 short animated scenes (about 3 minutes each) were inserted, which segued right into the live action parts, therefore it would have been outright meaningless to extract only the animated parts.

The anime was used as means of portraying the flashback scenes and nothing more, hence the lack of interest among anime fans.

I suppose if you look into J drama (dorama) listings, you may find something. Here's the title for just in case:
独占取材! 今明かす 小泉純一郎の「正体」
Dokusen Shuzai! Ima Akasu Koizumi Junichiro no Shoutai

I saw it live and even recorded it only to erase it without second thoughts. I do not know if there will be a rerun.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 16:38   Link #917
NeoSam

And another anime:

ゆめだまや奇談
Yume da Maya Kidan

Broadcast: Summer 2007

The winning work of the 5th Animax grand prix.
Grand prix winning work: Yume da Maya Kidan (ゆめだまや奇談)
Grand prix winner: Tsukino Akari (月野あかり)

Animation production: Production I.G
Old 2006-11-08, 17:04   Link #918
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Thanks for clearing that up, eggplant. The search for a true political anime continues.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 02:41   Link #919
NeoSam

And another anime:

メイプルストーリー
Maple Story

Based on a game (a MMORPG type of game).

Read about the game here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MapleStory

Animation production: Madhouse
Old 2006-11-09, 03:49   Link #920
ZODDGUTS

Quote:

Awesome even more great news. Hopefully it's animated by Madhouse so that there's a chance that Yoshiaki Kawajiri will be directing it his already done with the Highlander anime movie so his free right now. Also hope that Chiaki J. Konaka also does the screenplay like he did for the OVA his one of the best screenplay writers in the business.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers