*** 10 12.50%
**** 5 6.25%
***** 8 10.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-04, 11:21   Link #1
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Episode 166-167 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted on Wednesday, or soon after, since it airs on that day in Japan.

Thread guidelines:

* No telling/asking where to find raws/subs.
* No mentioning of group names.
* No spoilers.
* No off-topicness.
* Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
* Discuss your comments on the episode.

Just to make it clear there is to be no making new topics about the two last guidelines cited above. They will be systematically closed down because this thread was created so all the posts regarding these topics would be in one place.

Furthermore, please remember that only moderators can start the episode discussion threads every week.
Old 2006-01-04, 22:12   Link #2
LeafNinja

Nice end to the arc. The Mousou reveal was a nice one, and his real self used some nice jutsu. No Rasengan finisher! Though Naruto Rendan would probably be more embarassing... Also the fight against the fake Koumei men and Hokushin was weird, it looked like they were finished and Hokushin knocked out in the first episode, and then in the second they were all back. The character animation also varied widely, even throughout one episode, it was as if they turned over several minutes of animation duties to another studio for some reason.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 06:30   Link #3
kimikiba
The BoneBeast

it was a pretty good ep. this arc has been pretty ok overall.

the ending was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
kimikiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 08:51   Link #4
Grees
Ehhh

Well, i thought it was a terrible ep, the story hardly appeal to me at all, somehow it felt stretched out and had some odd moments, the guy at the end who had this death scene just wake up moments later. The arc started out ok, but along the way it just lost my interest, only good thing was kakashi in action in ep 165, why the heck was he in Bird country anyway?
Btw, its only one episode and not 166-167.
Grees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 08:54   Link #5
Forever
Revealing the truth

Dirt lousy animation. Lame rendan.... Another terrible filler has passed.....
13 more fillers to go.
Old 2006-01-05, 09:53   Link #6
Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grees
the guy at the end who had this death scene just wake up moments later
I'm sure people in Naruto world won't die from 2 shuriken wounds. If that guy could take so many shuriken hits before and stay alive, 2 shuriken won't kill him.

This episode is not bad, except that Kakashi look a bit too fat in certain scenes.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 10:38   Link #7
Yûyake

I wonder how the girl she manage to have her brother's voice for all those year.. and nobody ever realise that it was a girl... Never know! I didnt like that ep. so much.. I think the only reason i would have to like it would be the fact the mission is finaly over... The fight of Kakashi was pretty boring, I was expecting something nice since i like this character. Funny ending but I stop smiling went I saw next week preview... seem even whorst... But the generic with all of them in costume of dog for the year of dog.. Pretty funny! Must say that some of those girls are pretty sexy in dog :P
Yûyake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 14:15   Link #8
freetgy

this episode was good at the beginning.
later on becoming worse.

As all fillers a very *** animation.
A bit more serious fights wouldn't have been bad.
(no kyuubi naruto @ all in over 30 eps...)

At least this arc was the best filler arc so far.

Next episode seems again to be a standolone filler.(which where not to bad most times)

Someone counted how much fillers left?
I wanna see finally Yondi in action!!!!1234
freetgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 14:31   Link #9
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetgy
Someone counted how much fillers left?
I wanna see finally Yondi in action!!!!1234
13 weeks to go
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 15:04   Link #10
Grees
Ehhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster
I'm sure people in Naruto world won't die from 2 shuriken wounds. If that guy could take so many shuriken hits before and stay alive, 2 shuriken won't kill him.

This episode is not bad, except that Kakashi look a bit too fat in certain scenes.
No thats not what i meant, it was more the whole death scene. It was like 'go on without me, carry out my last wish and protect the one i love blaba' kind of scene, i would expect he was going to die..but then he wakes up.
Grees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 18:30   Link #11
CygnusX

The copying of those jutsus was kind of lame. But that's naruto these days ... a constant repeat with boring storyline ... though I prefer this above the weird human transformation like the first fillers.

Death scene wasn't too good either. I was really surprised those 2 throwing stars would have already killed him and he seemed to be dying ... and then he suddenly wakes up ... talk about overacting

Kurenai in dog suit looked nice and hinata seems to give a hint of having breasts
CygnusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 19:04   Link #12
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusX

Kurenai in dog suit looked nice and hinata seems to give a hint of having breasts
Haha was waiting for someone to pick up on that Kurenai looks hawwwt.. (my ero side has started comin out lol) hmm I guess no more "nya" for being cute, so the new cute word for 06 is "woof" then? Doggy style ftw.
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 19:29   Link #13
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

Omg That Ending Was Hawwwwttt
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 20:13   Link #14
Rachy
Disabled By Request

what a cute ending that naruto pup was adorable ^_^.

why do they have to give everyone dog suits when sasuke is away ? i wish we got to see him in a puppy suit , that'd be so cute.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 00:12   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What kept me sticked with this episode were the surprising revelations.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 02:27   Link #16
avangion

Ep.166-167 Synopsis: After a New Year greetings with a dialogue between Pakku and Tsunade's pig, Sagi is filled with hate and desire for revenge. Naruto had a flashback of Sasuke and argued with him. Sagi left and collapsed the building on Naruto and co., but they escaped. Kakashi used Raikiri (Chidori?) to kill the wandering ninja. His Sharingan shows that the ninja is not really copying Gaara’s moves, just choosing that manifestation. Sagi was actually dead, and was being impersonated by his sister, Toki. Toki dons the Noorimusha costume. Mousou used the fire breath technique to burn the flying kite of Toki. Mousou is actually the boss of the wandering ninjas, who decided to settle down and take over Bird Country. Mousou used a fake shadow-binding technique. Naruto and co. showed up and broke the technique. Mousou summoned dragons and kidnapped Toki. The dragons were fake holograms. Mousou used a genjutsu to lure Naruto out and drown him. Shima broke the illusion by yelling. Shima took 2 shuriken hits for Naruto. Mousou tried to drown Naruto with a water technique. Naruto had a vision of Sagi while underwater. The latter asked him to help Toki to move forward and not live in the past, seeking only revenge. Naruto used Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu, and Mousou “copied” it. Naruto tricked him and defeated him with Uzumaki Naruto Rendan (and not Rasengan! ). Shima lives. Toki is free from her desire for revenge and is accepted as the feudal lord. Naruto left Bird Country, insisting there is no ghost, but Neji maintained that the first Noorimusha doesn’t have living aura with his Byakugan. Kakashi concluded it was a ghost. Naruto panicked. *End of Bird Country Arc*

Next Episode: No Naruto next week; next episode is on 18 Jan 2006 and is about ramen. The preview shows Naruto, Sakura, and Chouji. As mentioned before, it’s probably a standalone comedy episode.
avangion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 02:36   Link #17
avangion

For those who never watch the episode, but want to know what the others are talking about... Click on the image for full view.

avangion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 02:56   Link #18
ctown

LOUDSY animation JUST THE WORST EVER!

just look at the fights.........the story aint as good as the beginning even with fillers they seem to rush it...............WHY CAN"T THEY have a filler about narutos 3 years training or other stuff ..............well at least the next filler looks for interesting and the animation looks better
ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 07:41   Link #19
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

The story for this arc was pretty good, I never thought that he was a she. Pretty interesting that she could impersonate her brothers voice perfectly.

But the animation didn´t look especially nice. Felt sloppy.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 08:11   Link #20
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Started out good ended very badly. The fights looked more like comedy then fights. I mean those guys weren't even Genine lvl ninja's. At least not Konoha Genine lvl. ¬¬

Personaly teh whole bird contry misson was ok. It didnt bother me at all, at one point i thought a link with sasuke/Oro might pop up but no. Just wish teh endding wouldnt be so "clicher".

Nest eps realy does look like a stand alone filler. Butt hat si okay promises laughts and more chanse to evolve the characters.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote