AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 127 57.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 26.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 11.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.91%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-13, 18:04   Link #21
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Tragic has no place in a series like this. It'd fail big time for me if they tried that. Me keeps fingers crossed.

And Suzumiya is probably about a hair's breadth away from Mikuru for me. Mikuru just won my heart with the way she speaks and the way she moves and bounces around while speaking in the '1st' episode And that's not mentioning the bunny or maid outfits either
Old 2006-04-13, 18:13   Link #22
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Well we will learn of what the 'melancholy' in the title is about. As others have mentioned its not just comedy through and through but those non-comedic scenes are carried really well.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-13, 18:17   Link #23
dxgarten

I think all of the characters (including Nagato Yuki and Koizumi Itsuki) are interesting Sure, Haruhi and Kyon themselves are the best but I think their interaction would have been limited had the other 3 members do not exist in the series.
Old 2006-04-13, 18:32   Link #24
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
"Do I know you from somewhere?" ... it is going to be very interesting to watch this play out if some of the spoil/rumors I'm trying to avoid hearing are true.
I just hope the series doesn't go ultra-tragic ... the chaotic energy being projected is just really uplifting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Tragic has no place in a series like this. It'd fail big time for me if they tried that. Me keeps fingers crossed.
It won't really come to that, although I predict the denpa-talk later will turn off some of you in here, while sending the others into the stratosphere. The core of the story is actually somewhat of a serious one, it's just constantly buried under mountains of senseless-comedy and totally confusing talks. Every now and then, things will get serious for once (besides the denpa-talk events) and we will be able to see the "true" story behind all the disguise.
Old 2006-04-13, 19:10   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 02 was a perfect anime episode if you ask me, and hopefully the episodes after this shall be the same - all i'm asking for is the same level of funny-ness that Kyon can delivery.
Old 2006-04-13, 19:15   Link #26
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Despite what I thought about the way Rin's character evolved in Shuffle! -- his VA Sugita was priceless. I absolutely love his delivery and the way he flexes his voice.

Mikuru's squeaks .... ya know I keep looping those ... they're just amazing, particularly the one she emotes when Suzumiya offer's Mikuru's breasts to Kyon.

"denpa" .... (radio waves?) .... eh, we'll see - I fully expect Suzumiya to go into a lot of "Dan Ackroyd" style explanations of phenomena (reference: Ghostbusters).
Old 2006-04-13, 22:11   Link #27
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
Well we will learn of what the 'melancholy' in the title is about. As others have mentioned its not just comedy through and through but those non-comedic scenes are carried really well.
Even episode 2 hints that there's definitely more to this than just comedy. My prediction (still) is that it'll turn into a character analysis for Haruhi... which I highly anticipate. She's just such a unique and truly eccentric main character that it'd be an utter shame if she isn't explored, IMO.
Old 2006-04-13, 23:05   Link #28
Cyz
"Show it to me"

mikuru's voice was so kawaii. but you know, she doesn't sound like she's screaming when haruhi's groping her breasts
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-04-13, 23:18   Link #29
sophismata
いいえ

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Uh, actually asread (whom I found out that they also did Beyond the Clouds) did the animation for Shuffle!, not KyoAni.
I don't know what you speak of; you seem to have misquoted me .

Actually, you are right, KyoAni did Air, and Tomokazu Sugita who is in both Suzimiya Haruhi and Shuffle!.
Old 2006-04-13, 23:26   Link #30
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
mikuru's voice was so kawaii. but you know, she doesn't sound like she's screaming when haruhi's groping her breasts
Hmm.. if she wasn't screaming... then what was the noises she was making? Hmmm... *nosebleeds*

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-13, 23:51   Link #31
BrokenWingz

10 O.o i rarely give 10's but only have given 10 to F /sn ep 14 and this ep xD

*hope it continues to be this good*
Old 2006-04-14, 00:14   Link #32
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

bishoujo, hilarious comedy, kawaii, no preverted guy in the show yet ^^

overall: guuto!

i repeatedlly rewind and watched the ending for quite a few times XD, very smooth pacing of the song acommodate with those dance step.
Old 2006-04-14, 00:27   Link #33
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Sounds like she was crying to me.

I'd like to reiterate, again, for the umpteenth time... GOD THE HICCOUGHS ARE ADORABLE!

I want to hug her and squeeze her and kiss her and love her and comb her hair and call her "George"
Old 2006-04-14, 00:29   Link #34
sophismata
いいえ

I intend to learn that dance.
Old 2006-04-14, 00:29   Link #35
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung
I want to hug her and squeeze her...
are? Sounds familiar doesn't it...

Old 2006-04-14, 00:39   Link #36
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophismata
I intend to learn that dance.
Here you go: http://ankadeblog.web.fc2.com/dance/

[EDIT]
A little help with a web translator:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/englis...co=excitejapan
Old 2006-04-14, 00:45   Link #37
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
"Do I know you from somewhere?" ... it is going to be very interesting to watch this play out if some of the spoil/rumors I'm trying to avoid hearing are true.
Give them the red pill even if there is a hint given. I would definitely don't want to be spoiled and would like to continue to cherish every episode as it is thrown at me. The horribly spoiled know-it-all who are bursting to show off their ill gotten knowledge can eat a potato for all I care.

This episode (ep 2) gets a 9 though I wanted to add a few more decimals. The reason behind this grading is the memory of episode 1 is still fresh as I have watched the sub version twice and the raw once for that episode. Incredibly, Kyon's monolgues still yield funny.
Old 2006-04-14, 00:59   Link #38
sophismata
いいえ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
Awesome; thankyou.
Old 2006-04-14, 02:06   Link #39
Mazus

I must say I'm loving this show. Love, love, love, love it!!!! It's been a great while since I've found myself rewatching an episode over and over and over again without getting bored. And that's because I always seem to find something new in each viewing.

Man, it's been awhile since I felt this way about an anime! I give this episode a solid 10!
Old 2006-04-14, 03:06   Link #40
Green²
It's bacon!

Is Kyon gay? I mean, never, never has a guy not gotten a woody from another sexy girl giving a rub rub, of another cute girl's breast at near point-blank range! But then, Haruhi tells Kyon to grab them. Yet, he doesn't. And I mean, I've seen gay guys grab supermodel tities on live television, as to inspect them.

Yet...

Spoiler for Ep2²:
Closed Thread