My favourite arc!

Spoiler for Episode 54:

Spoiler for Episode 55:
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 14:27   Link #1422
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah I can understand exorcists like Suman. It's not like a voluntary army where if you have the will to fight you stand and go. This is a talent based thing. Anyone who is compatible has to join. Be it kidnapping kids or bartering with parents like Suman joining is the top priority. Just can't find it in me to blame someone under those circumstances. Sadly his innocence isn't nearly so forgiving.

Really was a shining moment for Allen. Pushing his arm trying to convince Suman and understanding what he did and why. It was a massive betrayal but Allen didn't just say Suman must be killed he bring it all out to save him.

The whole Johnny crying scene...yeah wasn't quite there with the tears coming from those glasses. Appreciate the sentiment and them pointing out the bonds Suman had made with individuals within the order.
Spoiler for Ep55:
Old 2007-10-24, 16:34   Link #1423
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I never loathed or hated Suman learning that he chose to betray his friends. He just wished to live long enough to see his daughter fully rehabilitated.

The Innocence judged him because he submitted to a Noah in order not to die. Fearing death is a natural human reaction, but the problem lies that the moment he figuratively shake hands with the Tykki for the deal of selling the Order in exchange for his life is made void.
The Noah simply double-crossed and let him be put on that excruciating state for his own fun.

Allen's attempts to bring back Suman were noble and selfless. He forgave Suman and interceded for him to the Innocence in order to save his life.

I just simply cannot empathize or relate at all with the Noah. Certainly, it would be unfair to call them 'evil' if we're go to judge them in an absolute scale, but the problem lies that the manga-ka, until as far as the manga has progressed, has given no hint or indication about all the Noah's backgrounds.

How can we relate to them and understand what they're doing if all the time that the show up are having very not-so-nice thoughts about going to kill people everyday?

You can say that Tykki is the most human and kinder of the Noah, because he has displayed geniune concern for his other three fellow workers while he lives the life of his white self when not on work upon behalf of the Earl, but the fact is that the Earl gives a ratass for people in general or how Noah feel as long as it agrees with his scenario.
Just look what became of Mimi. Lulubell at the end did truly show geniune grief for her, but the Earl immediately called Lulubell for her next job without minding at all her feelings for the loss of Mimi, as if they were something that do not exist for him.
He's going to mow down the world whether all the Noah like his plans or not, and he won't let them to interfere had by chance anyone of them realize that their his puppets.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 02:19   Link #1424
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

There´s another thing, in my opinion, that makes it so much easier to like Allen´s character. Compare with, for an example, Naruto, I like his character but the way he butts into everyone´s private things can make me grow gray hair. Allen is so much easier to like since he just doesn´t butt into and take over everything. I guess you could call him delicate (apart from that one time when an acquaintance of him thought he and Lenalee was a couple ) and very aware of what´s going on around him.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 10:23   Link #1425
Macnown

Yeah i kind of know what you mean.
I also like how he justs slots in with everyone else.
but he still stands out.
Macnown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 11:42   Link #1426
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
has given no hint or indication about all the Noah's backgrounds.
I don't know about you, though i find just one of the key awesome points of the Noah is the fact that we know nothing about them. The reason behind their powers/strength, their origins ---- yeah i'd like to know, though at the moment i'm happy not knowing.
Old 2007-10-25, 14:13   Link #1427
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macnown View Post
Yeah i kind of know what you mean.
I also like how he justs slots in with everyone else.
but he still stands out.
Yeah, he stands out and somehow become the centre of things without really craving for that kind of attention. Kinda nice to see a shounen anime where the main character is the centre of attention more because of him being genuinely nice (naive and overprotective) rather than him being the strongest. I can´t say I´m a veteran at watching shounen anime but compared with the ones I have seen Allen feels very different in a good and somewhat refreshing way.

Since I picked up the manga I know what´s going to happen so I feel that I can take my time and just start over with the anime. I just saw the first OP again and it just left me with a big . Don´t know what it is with D.Gray-Man but these last weeks it has gone from a good show to my favourite show that´s currently airing.

Definitely going to buy the DVD´s and manga for this one.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 18:10   Link #1428
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
I"ve only recently caught up with the manga so watching it so soon in anime form is wicked, I love the fact that Tyki will be into'd soon and I really cant wait to see how they'll animate this arc as the story is only going to get more powerful...
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 20:26   Link #1429
Hao

Spoiler for Episode 55:

My impression on this series has definately increased dramatically. Can't wait for the next episode!
Hao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 20:42   Link #1430
molitar

Well after watching this episode.. I know longer trust innocence.. If it was from God even going out of control and killing the wielder it wouldn't kill so many innocent people! It appears to be a malicious power that can be used for good or bad.. and if you betray what you believe it turns on you and EVERYONE around you and it doesn't matter if your good or bad. That is nothing but a horrible malicious power that should have NEVER existed!
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 20:59   Link #1431
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Finally watched 54 but looks like 55 came out so i gotta watch that later
A really disgusting part i should say would probably be Suman biting Allen's hand
But then there was Allen activating his innocence to 100 percent which was awesome
im really looking forward to more and more episodes now
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 21:08   Link #1432
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Well after watching this episode.. I know longer trust innocence.. If it was from God even going out of control and killing the wielder it wouldn't kill so many innocent people! It appears to be a malicious power that can be used for good or bad.. and if you betray what you believe it turns on you and EVERYONE around you and it doesn't matter if your good or bad. That is nothing but a horrible malicious power that should have NEVER existed!

Yes well, it's the only weapon they got

Though Suman's case seems to be extra special... Generally, the Order never had to deal with a berserking Fallen.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 21:55   Link #1433
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Sadly it's not that they have many choices in using innocence. It's a weapon with some dangerous properties to it. But if they don't use it then everyone is screwed. Though you can see how far things can go when people feel pressed. Like the order grabbing kids to fight because they are compatible, running tests on relatives, etc. The innocence can be disastrous like we saw for Suman, but without another option they have to use it.
Old 2007-10-26, 03:03   Link #1434
Macnown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
Yeah, he stands out and somehow become the centre of things without really craving for that kind of attention. Kinda nice to see a shounen anime where the main character is the centre of attention more because of him being genuinely nice (naive and overprotective) rather than him being the strongest. I can´t say I´m a veteran at watching shounen anime but compared with the ones I have seen Allen feels very different in a good and somewhat refreshing way.

Since I picked up the manga I know what´s going to happen so I feel that I can take my time and just start over with the anime. I just saw the first OP again and it just left me with a big . Don´t know what it is with D.Gray-Man but these last weeks it has gone from a good show to my favourite show that´s currently airing.
Though with his personality like that, I dont think he'll get a love interest.
Yeah i like Allen the way he is right now. In battles he actually needs help unlike other shonen characters who seem to pull the impossible on a stronger guy.
Even saying that I think Allen will become really powerful since hmight even be the heart innocence

lol D.Gray-man has definetly been interesting in the past weeks!
Its even got me to post on this forum :P

The Black Order seems interesting. They aren't innocent organisation, kinda like Claymore's organisation. Thinking about it they're alot similar
Macnown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 03:49   Link #1435
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Though with his personality like that, I dont think he'll get a love interest.
Well, not at the moment But there are a number (Yes, more than one) of girls showing interest in him...

Quote:
Yeah i like Allen the way he is right now. In battles he actually needs help unlike other shonen characters who seem to pull the impossible on a stronger guy.
Even saying that I think Allen will become really powerful since hmight even be the heart innocence
Allen's a good male character, I respect him for how he tried to save Krory and now Suman.

(Also, he's the only one that could annoy the Earl )

But if you think he's good now, then you'll be blown away once he becomes GAR

Quote:
lol D.Gray-man has definetly been interesting in the past weeks!
Its even got me to post on this forum :P

The Black Order seems interesting. They aren't innocent organisation, kinda like Claymore's organisation. Thinking about it they're alot similar
People had suspected this ever since episode 2

Then again, considering their position, this makes them alot more believable.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 06:51   Link #1436
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
Wow, just saw episode 54.

Spoiler for End of the episode:
you know I felt the same when I watch 53,54 at the end I was about scream where are you lenalee ,lavi ,crowlay , book man help allen what gonna happened to him ???
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 06:58   Link #1437
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Man shit is just not going good for our heros. In the end i really felt sorry for Suman and to see his daughter right after Tiki finally turns him into butterflies was tough. Her lines "I had a dream i cant really tell but i think it was my father he waving to me like he was saying goodbye. My father is out there somewhere right doctor? He will come home soon?" That was so damn tough watch but to see her almost fully recovered from illness was one ray of hope and that in the end is what Suman joined the order for.

Timcampy totally critters on Allen but it was effective at making sure he didnt give up. When Tiki appeared just behind Allen i was like Holy Shit Allen is in no position ot fight right now. If Allen was at full strength he might be able to give Tiki a run for him money but not now. Then I saw the preview with Tiki's hands sticking through the left side of Allen's chest. Things are looking quite black right now and they still have not found General Cross but something/someone will always light the darkest hour given enough faith.

Even if Allen was mortally wounded there is one Exorcist that can save him that has recently show back up in the OP.
Old 2007-10-26, 08:35   Link #1438
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Man shit is just not going good for our heros. In the end i really felt sorry for Suman and to see his daughter right after Tiki finally turns him into butterflies was tough. Her lines "I had a dream i cant really tell but i think it was my father he waving to me like he was saying goodbye. My father is out there somewhere right doctor? He will come home soon?" That was so damn tough watch but to see her almost fully recovered from illness was one ray of hope and that in the end is what Suman joined the order for.

Timcampy totally critters on Allen but it was effective at making sure he didnt give up. When Tiki appeared just behind Allen i was like Holy Shit Allen is in no position ot fight right now. If Allen was at full strength he might be able to give Tiki a run for him money but not now. Then I saw the preview with Tiki's hands sticking through the left side of Allen's chest. Things are looking quite black right now and they still have not found General Cross but something/someone will always light the darkest hour given enough faith.

Even if Allen was mortally wounded there is one Exorcist that can save him that has recently show back up in the OP.
Yeah seeing Suman's daughter reminds you a lot about the sadness for that family. He never will see her again and until the Earl is defeat she will never know that her father is dead and isn't coming back. At least it seems like she will recover and at least we have that. Suman is gone but the family he wanted to help will live on.

Since the Order doesn't want to help more Akuma to be created they'll keep that information hidden and secret. An understandable policy though not always does understandable and feel right go together. The Order is an group that knows the world is at stake. Morals, what necessarily would be seen as right, is all secondary to the goal of defeating the Earl. The ones in charge will have to carry the burden of what they have done but they will do what it takes.

Doesn't look good at all for Allen. He seems to be put in rough positions when up against these kinds of enemies. Wasn't in all that good a spot with Road and Tyki is a nightmare all his own. Only one that is solid at healing I can remember is Bookman. True Miranda's power can temporaily heal a person but that will run out eventually.
Old 2007-10-26, 14:29   Link #1439
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah seeing Suman's daughter reminds you a lot about the sadness for that family. He never will see her again and until the Earl is defeat she will never know that her father is dead and isn't coming back. At least it seems like she will recover and at least we have that. Suman is gone but the family he wanted to help will live on.

Since the Order doesn't want to help more Akuma to be created they'll keep that information hidden and secret. An understandable policy though not always does understandable and feel right go together. The Order is an group that knows the world is at stake. Morals, what necessarily would be seen as right, is all secondary to the goal of defeating the Earl. The ones in charge will have to carry the burden of what they have done but they will do what it takes.

Doesn't look good at all for Allen. He seems to be put in rough positions when up against these kinds of enemies. Wasn't in all that good a spot with Road and Tyki is a nightmare all his own. Only one that is solid at healing I can remember is Bookman. True Miranda's power can temporaily heal a person but that will run out eventually.
I think a lot of people forget just what is at stake in this war. We get carried away by the fighting or the little comedy routines. I know the order has not always done things the best way but you know when the world is at stake sometimes you cant be so nice. Its not like if they lose this war there can be some peace treaty. NO if the order loses its game over for humanity.

I thought Miranda's time ability was able to reverse injuries? I guess i forgot that it runs out but she would stilll great help in the field right now. PLus i want to give props to bookman he doesnt get enough love. For an ol dude he can whoop some ass.
Old 2007-10-26, 18:42   Link #1440
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I absolutely demand a second soundtrack. The track played during Suman's "I want to live", was such an emotional track, what i'd expect from a composer like Wada. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

Back during Krory's arc, i remember saying to myself that nothing could compare to the emotional level of that story. Well, this arc just gone has easily just done that for me.

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk