AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2008-01-10, 14:21   Link #681
Wikipedia
ShanaxYuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerose_04 View Post
After watching season 1 and season 2... i still uncertain about Yuji feeling.. it seems that he doesn't know it himself.. when Yoshida asked whether or not should she wait for him.., if he liked Shana shouldn't he rejected her already? it seems like he pulling on both legs which kinda pissed me off...I know shana are somewhat together.. but yuji seems so uncertain that it annoyed me.. or does he only care that she is his friend.. well.. we will find out after shana confessed rite.. it just annoyed me that he pulls on both legs..
yeah I feel the same way, although I do think hope he likes Shana.
Wikipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 05:39   Link #682
cnnydz
Feed me

ep 13 was not bad, the fight with pheles is really well done. so the next fight will be with
Spoiler for j:
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 04:18   Link #683
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Then comes...

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-01-15, 15:52   Link #684
Siulayhumga

I think the 2nd season should call "Shana the high school love store". Yes the love store does help character development but almost 85% of the first 13 EPs focusing on that is a bit too much.

We finally see some action in Ep13 and I honestly hope it will continue.
Siulayhumga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 17:55   Link #685
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siulayhumga View Post
I think the 2nd season should call "Shana the high school love store". Yes the love store does help character development but almost 85% of the first 13 EPs focusing on that is a bit too much.

We finally see some action in Ep13 and I honestly hope it will continue.
Spoiler for 1:
Old 2008-01-20, 19:56   Link #686
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Hey Shana fans, just like to let you all know Sakai Yuuji is up to bat in his round of SaiGar: The Tournament of a Man among Men. SaiGar, hosted by Yotsuba/4chan is the ELC equivalent of 2channel and Futaba/2chan's SaiMoe tournament, only smaller in scale. Rather than focus on who is the most cute (moe) girl in the previous year, our tournament leans heavily toward who is the most manly/badarse (gar) male of the past two or three anime seasons.

Yuuji was nominated and is in a competitive match. For more information, please look to the SaiGar topic in AnimeSuki's General Anime Forum.

Good luck, Yuuji!
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 19:39   Link #687
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Throughout the entire first season and going into the second season, fire seems to be a common sight. What amazes me is that the many Tomogara that are killed tend to vanish in a blaze of flaming light. The other night, I was on Starcraft Brood War playing the Protoss campaign and it just seem to dawn on me how the Zealot, High Templar, Dark Templar, Archon, and Dark Archon tend to explode in a blaze of flaming light. Seems like a coincidence or perhaps the J.C. Staff borrowed the idea from Blizzard?
DX HBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 00:52   Link #688
Xanithor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Hey Shana fans, just like to let you all know Sakai Yuuji is up to bat in his round of SaiGar: The Tournament of a Man among Men. SaiGar, hosted by Yotsuba/4chan is the ELC equivalent of 2channel and Futaba/2chan's SaiMoe tournament, only smaller in scale. Rather than focus on who is the most cute (moe) girl in the previous year, our tournament leans heavily toward who is the most manly/badarse (gar) male of the past two or three anime seasons.

Yuuji was nominated and is in a competitive match. For more information, please look to the SaiGar topic in AnimeSuki's General Anime Forum.

Good luck, Yuuji!
oh my. Poor Yuuji, he was in the same bracket as Simon.
Xanithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 01:22   Link #689
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Okay, I just started this show this weekend, but I watched all the way through the first series and now I'm up to the 8th episode of SnSII.

This series kicks ass, and what I really want right now is for Yuji to become a Flame Haze or a Guze no Tomogara (like Alastor or Marco). That would be sweet.
Old 2008-01-22, 02:30   Link #690
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Okay, I just started this show this weekend, but I watched all the way through the first series and now I'm up to the 8th episode of SnSII.

This series kicks ass, and what I really want right now is for Yuji to become a Flame Haze or a Guze no Tomogara (like Alastor or Marco). That would be sweet.
Seeing how there's no complain of the slice-of-life, I suppose that it isn't that bad (although I don't think they are bad either) when you marathon the series. In a way, I suppose it also adds a nice resting period after all that chaos at the end of season 1 (this is copying off NoSanninWa, but meh =P).

Personally I think the series could be better, but I'm still a huge fan of it. I don't put my favorite animes in ranking, but it floats among the tops.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 03:00   Link #691
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Seeing how there's no complain of the slice-of-life, I suppose that it isn't that bad (although I don't think they are bad either) when you marathon the series. In a way, I suppose it also adds a nice resting period after all that chaos at the end of season 1 (this is copying off NoSanninWa, but meh =P).

Personally I think the series could be better, but I'm still a huge fan of it. I don't put my favorite animes in ranking, but it floats among the tops.
I prefer watching it marathon-style because I just can't stop watching an anime sometimes because I want to see what happens next. Also, watching it marathon style also mean that fillers/flashbacks don't bug me as much because the series I marathon is usually already completed. I know, I'm "behind the times" so to speak on more than half the anime I watch, but then I don't have to sit waiting for the next week's episode.

So far I like this series, and I thought episode 7 of SnSII was pretty funny, with the dramatic music for such trivial matters as the ferris wheel.
Old 2008-01-22, 03:26   Link #692
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I prefer watching it marathon-style because I just can't stop watching an anime sometimes because I want to see what happens next. Also, watching it marathon style also mean that fillers/flashbacks don't bug me as much because the series I marathon is usually already completed. I know, I'm "behind the times" so to speak on more than half the anime I watch, but then I don't have to sit waiting for the next week's episode.

So far I like this series, and I thought episode 7 of SnSII was pretty funny, with the dramatic music for such trivial matters as the ferris wheel.
Well, even with marathon, who is to say Naruto fillers won't bug at least someone?

But yea, I understand your point about not being able to wait for next episode to come out when watching anime. I watched Shakugan no Shana season 1 in one night (ugh, school was @_@, did that to Utawarerumono and others too). I still remember at the starting episodes, I was wondering what would they do so the main character, or Yuji, not die off quickly. And then during the twin arc, I was wondering if Yuji would get his kiss. The rest of the season I was led by the love-triangle, the mood, and the battles. I actually decided to go to sleep when I was half way of the season, but instead ended up watching it all. So it became an all-nighter.

Now I'm starting to watch anime weekly because... you know... you just can't wait.

Speaking of which, I wonder why there's no Shana vs Kazumi thread in this subforum. I would usually see them when it comes to series with love-triangle. But I suppose the love-triangle isn't that interesting right now (it was, imo, during the first season).

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-01-22, 08:26   Link #693
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Throughout the entire first season and going into the second season, fire seems to be a common sight. What amazes me is that the many Tomogara that are killed tend to vanish in a blaze of flaming light. The other night, I was on Starcraft Brood War playing the Protoss campaign and it just seem to dawn on me how the Zealot, High Templar, Dark Templar, Archon, and Dark Archon tend to explode in a blaze of flaming light. Seems like a coincidence or perhaps the J.C. Staff borrowed the idea from Blizzard?
more like a puff of smoke for zealots. dragoons die in a pool of blue blood.
Old 2008-01-22, 09:39   Link #694
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Hmm, it's more likely coincidence on how similar a dying Tomogara vanishes in flames compared to how a Protoss dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
more like a puff of smoke for zealots. dragoons die in a pool of blue blood.
The way the SC II Zealot dies is close to how a Torch burns out. Geez, that's another coincidence.

Anyways:

Was the reason for putting the rather passive content regarding Konoe Fumina in the first half of the season was just to appease the Hecate fans to a degree before returning the character to the antagonist role?
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 02:17   Link #695
Ekoko

Hecate wasn't detected by Shana and co to be Tomogara nor was she moving around like one within Fuzetsu. Could it be she's merely just another Mystes with supernatural powers like Yuji? But like Kazumi or Margery gang, she needs some sort of a relic to move around within Fuzetsu?
Ekoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 10:28   Link #696
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Erm, this isn't the place to talk about future spoilers. Can you please post here so you're not spoiling everyone.
Old 2008-02-01, 02:42   Link #697
limyuhui

YES ON shakugan no shana second episodes 16 thr is a new OPENING !!!!!!!!!! I SEEN IT ITS NOT BAD OK i seen yuji using a big sword that was left by the sister and brother couple on shana that was too heavy for Sato tanaka
limyuhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 03:19   Link #698
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by limyuhui View Post
YES ON shakugan no shana second episodes 16 thr is a new OPENING !!!!!!!!!! I SEEN IT ITS NOT BAD OK i seen yuji using a big sword that was left by the sister and brother couple on shana that was too heavy for Sato tanaka
Yea, it kinda says that Sato probably won't be able to fight in the series, or if it ever happens, not anytime soon.

Personally, I think the song no the new OP is okay; I haven't like it yet (as oppose to JOINT, the first OP, which I have taken a liking to instantly).

I would have to agree that the new OP looks epic though. Shakugan no Shana has never disappointed me on its OP (only if J.C.Staff has that skill as well for pacing the series).

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-02-02, 22:23   Link #699
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Yea, it kinda says that Sato probably won't be able to fight in the series, or if it ever happens, not anytime soon.

Personally, I think the song no the new OP is okay; I haven't like it yet (as oppose to JOINT, the first OP, which I have taken a liking to instantly).

I would have to agree that the new OP looks epic though. Shakugan no Shana has never disappointed me on its OP (only if J.C.Staff has that skill as well for pacing the series).
Yeah, I kind of wanted to see Sato fight with Blutsauger, but I do admit that Yuji did need to gain some manliness.

I also didn't really like the song as much as Joint; though it was much more moe (as expected from Kotoko), it wasn't as "Shana"-y. The op sequence was quite epic, though.

Well, no more Konoe, meaning no more frequent Mamiko Noto appearances
Let's just hope that Hecate becomes a more central character, then.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 03:07   Link #700
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I have to say the new OP is actually quite nice and I quite like it. As suspected, it's yet another one of those OPs that needs some getting used to, like some who were inclined to agree that 'Being' in Season 1 was actually rather nice after hearing it several times over.

I get the feeling the whole song might actually sound much better and make more 'musical sense' in case anyone feels that some parts of it might sound disjointed. Anyway, the action sequences were superb. Now, if they could use that kind of animation for all of the fights...
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural