AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

Old 2009-01-11, 04:21   Link #161
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

HHAHAHHAHHAHA

man after watching the and re watching it 3 times

I CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF LELU VOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD IT SOOeffing interesting

ahha i cant soo wait for the next episode
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 06:00   Link #162
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Man, Sunrise didn't hold back on the budget at all. Ep 1 almost felt like an OVA in its quality. They only list it with 13 eps, but if it ends up being fun and story making any sense, it could be a pretty decent series. At least the animation is top notch and it's just so cute. The sci-fi stuff is almost too futuristic though.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 07:20   Link #163
Azuma Denton
~AD~

This Lelouch android thing is hilarious...

At first i think it was boring, but after lelouch-andorid version come out, it starts to begin hilarious.. Nice job Sunrise...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 07:31   Link #164
TrueKnight

Yea. I also thought this show was meh and just some stupid fanservice show for with 95% of the cast girls in revealing outfit cliche. But then I heard Leopard's voice for the first time... and was immediately hooked. He's absolutely hillarious. I also like how the show's not trying to be serious and just light hearted comedic fun. If it starts going emo, then I'll probably drop this..
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 08:18   Link #165
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

same here if it goes into EMO mode ill wil drop this
Old 2009-01-11, 08:32   Link #166
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think 'going emo' could actually help if it at least puts the series into focus. For me, the crazy sci-fi and the high production values are enough. For some odd reason, the visuals just seem pretty ambitious. It probably is Sunrise trying to show off again, but it works for me.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 08:46   Link #167
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well emo is good

at some point but pls

not to the point the main character suffers from it

i mean this anime makes my day a bit tad more happier

i do like the dark parts here and there but i hope those dark parts are revealed and you know the drill

i just want a really nice ending

since i soo anooyed last seasons anime full of either bad cliff hangers or ipen endings!!!!!
Old 2009-01-11, 11:08   Link #168
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was certainly a fun bit of Sci-fi fluff...Kinda disjointed, but I'd say that worked in its favor.

Interesting to see so far no substantial male characters yet though just jun's too awesome robotic diamond thing...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 16:09   Link #169
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
First of all BONES never "left" since they couldn't have even existed prior to their founding.
You can say that BONES left because they used to be Sunrise second studio and started their own business, no?

Talking of studio. The producer of this series says this is going to be a culmination of what eighth studio have been doing for these years. Eighth studio is the one that produced My HiME series and Xenoglossia. There is no doubt that the second half of the series will be dead serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Man, Sunrise didn't hold back on the budget at all. Ep 1 almost felt like an OVA in its quality. They only list it with 13 eps, but if it ends up being fun and story making any sense, it could be a pretty decent series. At least the animation is top notch and it's just so cute. The sci-fi stuff is almost too futuristic though.
They are using twice as many cels as typical anime, but to me it didn't look they used so many cels. Oh yeah surely the animation is top notch.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 16:18   Link #170
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent View Post
I'm thinking this may be a "Plot? What Plot?" show and I'm fine with that because so far none of the main characters have annoyed me and the setting is interesting and, dare I say?, charming.
I think that if they play their cards right then this show has the potential to become a sort of Overman King Gainer (which I finally finished the other night) for the new generation. And you know what, I think I'd be okay with that too. I think what this show really needs is just one strong male character like that Joseph guy from iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia to fill a Gain Bijou sort of role.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 19:02   Link #171
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Yea. I also thought this show was meh and just some stupid fanservice show for with 95% of the cast girls in revealing outfit cliche. But then I heard Leopard's voice for the first time... and was immediately hooked. He's absolutely hillarious. I also like how the show's not trying to be serious and just light hearted comedic fun. If it starts going emo, then I'll probably drop this..
Pretty much had the same opinion was bored with the episode till Leopard showed up then it started to get interesting. BTW I didn't think the animation was all that, it didn't looked as fluid as My Hime/Otome looked also didn't like some of the CG, could have looked better. Overall the first episode was alright hope it gets better though.

And about the emo thing looks like the main character's sister will take that role...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 20:01   Link #172
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
The producer of this series says this is going to be a culmination of what eighth studio have been doing for these years. Eighth studio is the one that produced My HiME series and Xenoglossia. There is no doubt that the second half of the series will be dead serious.
I bet one of the cute mascot critters will turn out to be the evil overlord.

Seriously, considering that Mai Otome apparently did better sales-wise than HiME, I shudder to think that they might be trying to come up with something like Otome.

Quote:
And about the emo thing looks like the main character's sister will take that role...
Which one? She has at least four, if I am to guess from episode one and the character listing on ANN.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 20:27   Link #173
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I bet one of the cute mascot critters will turn out to be the evil overlord.

Which one? She has at least four, if I am to guess from episode one and the character listing on ANN.
Uh how bout the only one that showed up in the first episode? The whole "destory everything" comment and sinister look pretty much set her up for possibly being the whole emo and destory everything character. Anyways looks like she has panic attacks can't handle being in public.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 22:16   Link #174
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Technically all five sisters showed up in the first episode, albeit two of them only made a cameo in the very end. Anyway, if the show turns serious chances are everyone will become emo, not just Nami.
I noticed Itsuki is listed on the official site as 17 years old. I wonder if there will be some lame excuse saying only teens can pilot mechas. Or maybe this Nina hired her just because she thought Itsuki was hot.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 23:23   Link #175
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

So that's what became of Lelouch after he was killed by Suzaku (heheh just kidding).

I admit I wasn't too interested in this series either until I heard about Leopard .
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 04:54   Link #176
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Let's see, it was a good pilot episode.

And then Robo Luluche screamed "I CAN FLY!" whilst riding what is clearly a MGS colony into the earth and then Bosin jumping away whilst spreading feathers allover the place ala Wing Zero custom.

Yes, I think I'm going to keep watching this.
If nothing else, it seems to be one giant send up of /m/ and it's ilk.

And Girls with shreaded Aesti pilot suits piloting mobile armours isn't too bad a second dish ether.

Finaly, that "Xbox" looks more like an Apple Pipin from where I stand...

Last edited by Conan-san; 2009-01-12 at 05:07.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 06:13   Link #177
Exellon_Nanoha
nanoha fangirl

i cnt wait till a image thread comes out for this anime hopfully! XD
Exellon_Nanoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 06:25   Link #178
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exellon_Nanoha View Post
i cnt wait till a image thread comes out for this anime hopfully! XD
To do that it's going to have to at least quintuple the threads post count by next week to have a hope in hell of qualifying for it's own forum and somehow I just can't see that happening.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 07:03   Link #179
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

w8

w8

w8

there are 5 sisters???

i mean i think i jsut saw 2 of em

or is that old looking blond woman infront of the LED screen pc a sister too???
Old 2009-01-12, 07:35   Link #180
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
w8

w8

w8

there are 5 sisters???

i mean i think i jsut saw 2 of em

or is that old looking blond woman infront of the LED screen pc a sister too???
I saw 4 myself.

The main character, the blond chasing her to school, the older mother-figure, the one in traditional japanese clothing, and the childish one.

I don't think there is a 5th. The small AI robot is technically family, and as such is given the family surname, but she isn't a physical sister.

Tags
shoujo, shoujou, shounen, sunrise