AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 35 27.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 38.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-27, 17:44   Link #261
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
It's not overanalyzing, at all. We know Hei had no renumeration to pay, and if his power did indeed transfer to Suou, she'll have no renumeration either. She could very well be folding cranes because she knows contractors must pay a price for their powers, and she's doing what she believes she needs to do, when there is no actual need.

Much like Hei suppressing his emotions in season one, when there was no need to; he still did it, because that's what Contractors did.

The way Bones presented it further supports that folding Origami is her renumeration. Besides, in Suou's monologue, she confirmed that she had become a contractor and that contractors had to pay a renumeration. Had origami not been her renumeration, her monologue would've ended with a question, her pondering about what her renumeration was.
Old 2009-10-27, 18:07   Link #262
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
The way Bones presented it further supports that folding Origami is her renumeration. Besides, in Suou's monologue, she confirmed that she had become a contractor and that contractors had to pay a renumeration. Had origami not been her renumeration, her monologue would've ended with a question, her pondering about what her renumeration was.
Monologue doesn't equal truth, though. What she believes in and what BONES presents to us isn't always factually accurate. Again, flashback to Hei in season one, where we all believed he was a contractor for much of the season and we all thought that he ate so much for his renumeration. As it turned out, he was just a pig.
Old 2009-10-27, 18:40   Link #263
Joe_fh

Quote:
Monologue doesn't equal truth, though. What she believes in and what BONES presents to us isn't always factually accurate. Again, flashback to Hei in season one, where we all believed he was a contractor for much of the season and we all thought that he ate so much for his renumeration. As it turned out, he was just a pig.
well I never thought that was his renumeration because he was eating a lot even without using his powers.
Nevermind that. The fact is we have a couple of things that make it 95 % sure that that is her renumeration (or at least for me)

1st she uses her power and the next thing she does is folding origami. Just like any other conractor - he/she pays his/hers renumeration..
2nd the monologue made it quite clear she had a price to pay as she is now a contracor. I highly doubt she's folding that origami just because she thinks she needs to since if that wasn't her renumeration there was no reason to do it. Her brother is a contractor with one long and crazy renumeration so she should know that you get one, you don't pick one
3rd The preview of the next episode showed a couple of things. Among them were Suou with a rifle and folded origami next to each other in the middle of nowhere. Thus you could say she used her power so she had to pay the price again.
4th which is the most subjective and probably I'm one of the few people who see it this way. Suou didn't get her power from Hei. If it indeed transferd the star wouldn't stop shyning. From Bai the power transfer to Hei and the star was the same. By that logic Hei to Suou transfer should lead to the same thing. Since it didn't it probably isn't te case. Suou's power resebles Agust 7's power a lot more than Hei's. And we never saw his star fall if you think about it. So the way I see it that's way more likely to have happened. And those twins said "she has awoken" which in it's own right suggest that she had the power to become a contractor from the start.

Sure those are all subjective and might not be true but it really seems to point in that direction. Bones gave enough material to think about with the "killing Yin" part so this will be too much on their part. Sure everyone likes speculations but not in every single thing that's happening.

I liked the idea about the legend of folding origami if you fold 100 of them your wish comes true. It seems they'll make that one fit in. There were origami in the first episode and the piece of paper that was folded as an Origami by Shion. Really sounds interesting. We'll see how it turns out.
Old 2009-10-27, 18:42   Link #264
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Interesting back-and-forth discussion about the cranes. Maybe she just thinks she's doing it because her brother does it, or it's a habit she already has. I thought it was already a nice piece of depth that they showed her doing it, so that we could make the connection with her being a contractor.

Maybe contractors don't receive direct orders saying what they have to do. Maybe it just "feels right" to do whatever it is: pulling hair, kissing, or whatever. And then when they don't do it, the consequences convince them that they'd better keep on. But I don't remember enough details from season one to be sure.

I'll remember that thing about folding a thousand cranes making someone get better. I wonder how many episodes it will take her to fold a thousand, and who might get better how.

As or whether she received her power from Hei, that makes sense, but it didn't occur to me at first. I thought maybe the chaotic power around Hei -- from him and from the sphere -- activated something in the meteor shard in her pendant. Not sure.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-10-27, 19:36   Link #265
hero147

Quote:
It is peculiar that we are able to delve into Suou's thoughts on recent events and not be able to retrieve certain details. She clearly states that she has become a contractor and the fact that contractors are forced to pay renumeration, yet she never questioned what her renumeration was, indicating that she already knew, folding cranes.

For Hei, it was never blatantly shown that his eating disorder was his renumeration nor did Bones ever explicitly state it. Everything about Hei's renumeration was pure speculation. As well, even if we misjudged Hei's renumeration, at first glance of the numerous contractors of Season 1, almost all of them had a renumeration that could be deduced the first time they performed it on screen.
Old 2009-10-27, 21:22   Link #266
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think the crane folding is her renumeration also. Who in their right mind is going to find origami paper in the middle of Russia just to take their mind off problems?

I wonder what tragedy in her past is linked to origami. like that singer whose renumeration was swallowing and regurg cigarettes since she had a baby who choked to death on a cigarette.
Old 2009-10-27, 21:57   Link #267
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I think the crane folding is her renumeration also. Who in their right mind is going to find origami paper in the middle of Russia just to take their mind off problems?

I wonder what tragedy in her past is linked to origami. like that singer whose renumeration was swallowing and regurg cigarettes since she had a baby who choked to death on a cigarette.
That's the biggest reason why i don't believe Suou remuneration is folding crane (just like how i do not believe in Hei's remuneration- eating in S1).....

The remuneration seems to be something that would be tragic to the contractor, or at least they do not like them at the point when they become contractor. Only April and Brita have it easy because they can get along with their remuneration.

Unless: Shion used to make so many folding cranes to wish for their mom's return that Suou became hating it, otherwise folding cranes may just be something Suou make up for her remuneration
Old 2009-10-27, 22:42   Link #268
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Don't forget Wei too. XD

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-10-27, 23:42   Link #269
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Don't forget Wei too. XD
Yeah, Wei also made a good use of his remuneration ^^
Old 2009-10-28, 01:00   Link #270
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

Unless: Shion used to make so many folding cranes to wish for their mom's return that Suou became hating it, otherwise folding cranes may just be something Suou make up for her remuneration
But Shion has no more use for his mother so there has to be something else about the crane.

No one realistically folds 1000 cranes to wish for a parent to return imo. Also, we don't know why she left without keeping in touch with the kids.
Old 2009-10-28, 01:09   Link #271
anomono

With regard to Hei's remuneration, I can't help but feel that his seeming lack of one has nothing to do with his sister, but rather that he has somehow paid it in full up front.

Really, his whole life is a miserable tragedy, and he has already self-inflicted more suffering on himself than the stars could possibly demand in compensation. We don't know how it is decided, but the remuneration does seem to fit the respective individual. Perhaps it was simply unnecessary in his case.

Last episode, it was just sad. Here is a guy already wandering the abyss, and now a little kid drags his face through the mud with false accusations. As if life wasn't bad enough...
Old 2009-10-28, 02:05   Link #272
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
But Shion has no more use for his mother so there has to be something else about the crane.

No one realistically folds 1000 cranes to wish for a parent to return imo. Also, we don't know why she left without keeping in touch with the kids.
Could be before he turn to a contractor... it's a pure guess through.

Btw, I knows at least 1 girl who make a thousand (the little one through) hoping she can win a tournament (not "crane folding" tournament, a martial art one ).
Old 2009-10-28, 02:14   Link #273
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
hang on i dont get it.
Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2009-10-28, 04:34   Link #274
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I personally don't see why it wouldn't be her remuneration. It makes sense if you listen to her dialogue while making it, and we see more in the preview. Like you said, we just have to wait until we find out what's the link to her past with them.
Old 2009-10-28, 07:06   Link #275
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
hang on i dont get it.
Spoiler for ep3:
We don't know yet! There is speculation, but no one knows! Its vexing, I know.
Old 2009-10-28, 07:30   Link #276
V4sH

Yeah I also think that suou's renumeration is the crane folding. If she'd have taken Hei's contract (therefore not having to pay a renumeration) then BK-201 would still be visible. But as it is not I assume the contractor powers are her own and that she has to pay for them. And folding cranes makes sense.
Old 2009-10-28, 12:49   Link #277
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
hang on i dont get it.
Spoiler for ep3:
i tried to get it but i think he meant some other woman, not Yin... but that's just me from watching this eps... it might be different to other viewers
Old 2009-10-28, 14:09   Link #278
Aqua Knight

Hei should have gotten prostatitis if he sleeped in cold wet trousers.
Old 2009-10-28, 14:25   Link #279
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
I'll throw my few cents in too.

Suou power of being a contractor is not that of Hei's, if ti was indeed a power tranfer BK201 would (by all logic knowed yet about the series) Still be shining bright in the sky. As for he remunation I would belive it is folding origami. However that is not teh first thing that occured after using he power. The firts thing that happen is that she fell asleep. The monologue point to origami as the remunation, the episode points to sleeping as that si was occured immidiately after. Plus the origami coudl have and otehr significanse as mentioned by others. But the sleeping coudl also be caused by over exertion on her part. We were just not given the needed information to call it for 100% sure.

I do belive however that Suou's contractor power is not natural, in teh sense that she did not becoem a contractor under the normal circumstances. She grained he power from the result of that weird enegy feild her and Hei were traped inside of. That feild seems to have taken power away from Hei ad given Suou her own power.

As for Hei's power I think it's lock away in the pendant around Suou's neck. That pendant migth very well be the metor pragment or a part of it. That is why that weird machine did not work according to plan witch I think was to destroy Hei (and all contractor stuck in them) by turnign their own power againts them. The pendant had the effect of taking the power away somehow. Hei will also probably regain his powers from that said pendant by touchign it and revercing what happen somehow. I wonder how long it will take for use to see him get his powers back. But I also worry about Hei not living very long as for the OP seems to show Suou more then Hei and it shows her traveling alone as well.

Thing I am currious about is is why is Suou's power the abilaty to summon a gigantic rifle. We had the scene of he father teachign her how to shoot when she was younger (typical Oural and siberian cliche of oldman teach child marskmenship used very often in movies and such) and later he throwing down to the ground a busted version of that same rifle with her friedn seemed to value. I can see the emotional reasons why she might would pick that but it's totaly not logical as it's a very poor weapon to go into battle againt other contractors it seems.

As for the power of contractor I personaly belive they all have the same power. The power to manipulate particles, however they can only manipulate them in 1 particuler way. All contractor powers can be explain by particle manipulation oen way or an other. So a contractor that would have all powers would become omnipotent on a mortal human/contractor scale.

As for the Yin side of the sotry I am as much ?????!!!!! as anyone else. Seem like int eh 2 years sicne season 1 a whole lot of very important WTF moments occured. Did Yin survive the tokyo explosion or did she die/whatever. If she survived why was the only thing we saw of her at the end of season 1 her ghost in perfect form only and got no otehr mention? Their is a large chunck fot he puzzle mission here.

Last edited by EadTaes; 2009-10-28 at 14:28. Reason: additional info.
Old 2009-10-28, 15:28   Link #280
Sakabatou77

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
As for the Yin side of the sotry I am as much ?????!!!!! as anyone else. Seem like int eh 2 years sicne season 1 a whole lot of very important WTF moments occured. Did Yin survive the tokyo explosion or did she die/whatever. If she survived why was the only thing we saw of her at the end of season 1 her ghost in perfect form only and got no otehr mention? Their is a large chunck fot he puzzle mission here.
She survived. She's in the manga that takes place between s1 and s2.
Closed Thread