AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2008-08-10, 04:38   Link #121
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I've taken an ad company out of the "ad chain". The normal ads you see on the site may not seem to have changed much, but if my suspicions are right, you should not see the kind of lame ad you described again... hopefully.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 08:55   Link #122
jujubaman

Lenovo ad

Hi!
I´m having some trouble opening animesuki main page. It gets blueish and place a lenovo ad, but the torrent listings are never displayed. I´ve tried opening animesuki main page on both Internet Explorer 6.0 and Firefox 3.0 in two different pcs with the same result.
what could it be?
Thx a lot!
jujubaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 09:30   Link #123
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Try using one of the mirror sites for now.

http://animesuki.sandwich.net/
http://animesuki.rut.org/
http://www.rpguru.com/
etc, etc...
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 05:11   Link #124
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Somehow, I see advertisements about the forums these days too. Reported a few so far, usually pretty obvious since they're fresh and are in their own thread. I wonder if it's a case of bots or people using the forums to advertise their goods.
Old 2008-12-30, 10:22   Link #125
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Somehow, I see advertisements about the forums these days too. Reported a few so far, usually pretty obvious since they're fresh and are in their own thread. I wonder if it's a case of bots or people using the forums to advertise their goods.
Well, you can advertise around AnimeSuki without bending the rules, as long as you ask one of the moderators for permission first.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 10:40   Link #126
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Well, you can advertise around AnimeSuki without bending the rules, as long as you ask one of the moderators for permission first.
I think ShimatheKat means the blatent spam bots posting random adverts all over the place. Best thing is to just report them since we can delete and ban the user.

This thread itself isn't meant for reporting the spam bots, it's meant for the official advert banners you see on the main site (not in the forums). Most of the problems we used to have no longer exist since we own the servers AnimeSuki now run on (therefore we have closer control over the advert banners).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 10:35   Link #127
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

spam: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...69#post2798569
Old 2009-12-04, 15:06   Link #128
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Spams like that are best handled by hitting the "Report" button (the one with the exclamation point) rather than posting here. I report a few each month. Read xris's posting above yours for more details.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 12:15   Link #129
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Hmm... well, there's that brand new banner ad that now appears near the top of every page. I find it big, intrusive and definitely very explicit.

I know it goes away the instant I log in, but I generally don't do so until I have something to post. One thing I've always loved about this forum is its lack of distracting ads and images. It's clean and easy to navigate, and the strict rules on avatar and signature sizes help greatly to improve its look and feel.

But, hey, if the ads go towards paying for hosting and administrative costs, I'm all in support of them. My eyes will just have to adjust somehow.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 13:09   Link #130
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Yes, sorry, due to a severe drop in ad revenue I had to make some changes.

The site server costs $100/month and the forum server $250/month, yet ad income this month was less than $50 so far. Now I don't mind paying for AnimeSuki out of my own pockets a bit, but $300/month is not something I can afford.

Apart from ads on the forum (for guest users only!) I'm also experimenting with a different ad supplier for the site, as well as a different ad position that will hopefully cause higher clickthrough rates (and thus more ad income).

If the changes on the site work well enough, I might remove the ads from the forum again and/or put the ads on the site back to the old location on the page. But it'll take a few days/weeks to gather the stats for that.

The size of the banner ads is 728x90 btw, which is pretty much the standard for horizontal banner ads these days. But if you see an ad way larger than that, or pop-up/pop-under/layer ads, please make a screenshot of it, so I can relay it back to the ad company.
Old 2010-08-27, 22:34   Link #131
justavisitor

got to say i feel a bit disappointed realizing that Animesuki has ad banner...but on the other hand I understand that animesuki also needs cash...

it's just that I got to pay more attention to where I click my mouse..especially the log in is kind of close to the ad...

ad is fine (can't believe I am saying that), but please, don't make any pop up in the future!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 03:02   Link #132
Keeper

I hope you can do something about this ad.
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 06:51   Link #133
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I hope you can do something about this ad.
That's one of the reasons I wanted to switch advertisers. In the past few days I tried the old ad company (CPMStar) again, but it seems they still haven't fixed this bug.

For the moment I've replaced the ad codes with those from the new company, which shouldn't have this issue.
Old 2010-09-30, 15:03   Link #134
KSamurai

banner attacks....

Not sure if its your website but rather the banners you are using.

I keep getting pop-ups from my internet security, that it is blocking stuff coming from your banners showing on your website. Main one is coming from a 'richcourts.net' banner.

Not that I mind banners, yet I get more concerned when my security is blocking something that shouldn't be from your website. I know websites need banners for extra revenue, yet I don't want to suffer just for visiting the site too ^

I wonder if anyone else is running into the same thing??

Maybe a change of ad companies may help anyway?
KSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 15:07   Link #135
KSamurai

Sorry should look at stickies first. Did a post anyway ^^

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=97894

Banners playing with net security is never a good thing....
KSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 15:38   Link #136
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

It is technically quite possible one of the banners contains malware. However, if that is the case I'd suspect we'd get a lot more complaints about it.

Google has not found anything so far (but then again, I'm not sure if they were presented the ad banner; who gets to see the banner depends on various variables including region for example).
http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c.../animesuki.com
Old 2010-10-04, 01:26   Link #137
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

It has happened to me twice already, but lets say I go to a thread it would redirect me to a some kind of survey site but it obviously is malware. So I had to go to the task manager and end the application. Just letting you know.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 02:17   Link #138
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Okay, but without at least a screenshot or something it would be difficult to report this to our advertiser...
Old 2012-05-30, 00:17   Link #139
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Don't know if this counts as an add, but still...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...12#post4182712
Post: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=170
It goes here when you click on it: http://wwws.superfish.com/

I tried refreshing page, opening page in new tab, but it appears every time.
Old 2012-05-30, 00:54   Link #140
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I can't find that ad.

Were you logged into the forum at that time? There are advertisements shown in the forum text when you are not logged in. They also appear at the bottom of pages like this post is. But they should be very easy to spot and typically branded "infolinks" (=the ad firm that supplies these ads).

Other than that, there should be no ads except for the CR ads, which are very static (no Javascript/Flash/etc).