AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-11-12, 19:06   Link #1921
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Yes it was LOL.

But yeah anyone here watched Sword Art Offline Ep. 1? It's kind of like a mix of the 4-koma's comedy and adding in world building trivia that the anime left out.
Ye, I saw it just now and I honestly wonder if they will include everything that was left out from the LN in the anime in the trivia.

Then it would have been better if it wasn't only with the BD but in the normal TV aswell as it explains quite some things and clears many questions that were raised by non-readers.

But I found it funny aswell and a good idea
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 09:27   Link #1922
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
Ye, I saw it just now and I honestly wonder if they will include everything that was left out from the LN in the anime in the trivia.

Then it would have been better if it wasn't only with the BD but in the normal TV aswell as it explains quite some things and clears many questions that were raised by non-readers.

But I found it funny aswell and a good idea
Since it's an anime adaptation, I doubt they will do the explanation and answers the questions from the non-readers because all the details and answers needed are all already laid on the LN and it's the non-readers problem if they didn't read the LN to find out the answers and details related.
Old 2012-11-14, 05:27   Link #1923
sky black swordman

The PV for Episode 20 is out. They only show a bit of the duel between Kirito and General Eugene, even so it looks sweet.
I am really looking forward to this episode!
Old 2012-11-14, 06:39   Link #1924
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

An't wait t see some Dual Weilding again :P

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 12:36   Link #1925
Divini
Senpai!

Hmm... I expected Gram to look a little more... impressive.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 02:27   Link #1926
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Hmm... I expected Gram to look a little more... impressive.
Gram looks fine as it is with that design. Although it would be even more better to make it more black in conjuction with its name as a demonic sword.
Old 2012-11-17, 20:20   Link #1927
NaweG
Just some guy

OK, end of ep 020, is it a timing issue or are they really changing this up? It would be interesting to see if they addressed all the comments about Asuna being a damsel in distress by having her be more involved in the end result in the Anime. Though it's interesting that they would wait until this late in the game to start diverting...
Old 2012-11-17, 20:49   Link #1928
Vsin
Aldracity

The end of Ep 20 is probably a sequence reshuffle. Timeline-wise, the Tonkii and Asuna parts can happen more or less at the same time so I don't see the issue here - all that really needs to happen is for Asuna to get the keycard before Kirito makes it to the world tree.

Also, I think there are tons of complaints about Asuna being a damsel in distress all over the place, so it's likely a director's imperative to break up Kirito's OPness with some Asuna.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 22:02   Link #1929
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
The end of Ep 20 is probably a sequence reshuffle. Timeline-wise, the Tonkii and Asuna parts can happen more or less at the same time so I don't see the issue here - all that really needs to happen is for Asuna to get the keycard before Kirito makes it to the world tree.

Also, I think there are tons of complaints about Asuna being a damsel in distress all over the place, so it's likely a director's imperative to break up Kirito's OPness with some Asuna.
It's not a reshuffle though, the scene with Asuna escaping was also at the same place at the end of Volume 3 so it's just following the light novels.
pkmntrainer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 05:01   Link #1930
lightl

preview is up for episode 21 now http://www.swordart-online.net/story/index21.html
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 05:04   Link #1931
sky black swordman

^ From the PV I expect people to rage.
And it looks like Suguha will finally meet Asuna. It's going to be painful for her.
Old 2012-11-21, 07:17   Link #1932
AP24

^ From the PV it looks like almost the entire chapter 5 in vol 4 (the entire part with Tonkii) will be cut out. Episode 21 will probably cover the entire chapter 6 and the beginning of chapter 7 (the scene at the hospital).

I think we'll be able to see the entire chapter 9 animated after all. Episode 22-24 will probably cover mostly chapter 7 and 8, and episode 25 will cover mostly chapter 9.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 07:43   Link #1933
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ From the PV I expect people to rage.
And it looks like Suguha will finally meet Asuna. It's going to be painful for her.
Yes and also doujin writers going wild with the tentacle scene.

No kidding. It will hurt her a lot and make her more attached to Kirito(ALO) only to discover he and her brother is the same person...
Old 2012-11-21, 07:59   Link #1934
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
^ From the PV it looks like almost the entire chapter 5 in vol 4 (the entire part with Tonkii) will be cut out. Episode 21 will probably cover the entire chapter 6 and the beginning of chapter 7 (the scene at the hospital).

I think we'll be able to see the entire chapter 9 animated after all. Episode 22-24 will probably cover mostly chapter 7 and 8, and episode 25 will cover mostly chapter 9.
Well that kinda sucks, since that chapter is important for the Caliber Arc in S2 (if there will be.)
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 08:03   Link #1935
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post

Well they had to decide: Either put Tonkii in or animate the last chapter properly; I can't say there was much of a choice as the adventure with Tonkii doesn't add much to the plot of this season and in another they could always do a flashback episode

@ronelm Ye but as said this episode you can always put into a flashback, the whole chapter 9 would be a bit different as you had to squeeze it in at the beginning of the next season just to then switch to GGO. That obviously wouldn't please many people so imo they took the right choice (ofc it would be the best if both could be animated but with the limited episode number I can't see that happening)
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 08:20   Link #1936
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
Well they had to decide: Either put Tonkii in or animate the last chapter properly; I can't say there was much of a choice as the adventure with Tonkii doesn't add much to the plot of this season and in another they could always do a flashback episode

@ronelm Ye but as said this episode you can always put into a flashback, the whole chapter 9 would be a bit different as you had to squeeze it in at the beginning of the next season just to then switch to GGO. That obviously wouldn't please many people so imo they took the right choice (ofc it would be the best if both could be animated but with the limited episode number I can't see that happening)
It is going to be a bit awkward when they are going to adapt the Caliber SS, which I expect they will if there is going to be a second season. But this could also mean they aren't planning a second season.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 08:23   Link #1937
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
It is going to be a bit awkward when they are going to adapt the Caliber SS, which I expect they will if there is going to be a second season. But this could also mean they aren't planning a second season.
Doubt it. Look at the sales of the 1st BD alone. SAO is pretty much a gold mine. They will capitalize it unless fandom says otherwise...
Old 2012-11-21, 08:30   Link #1938
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

there is still OVA to be made

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 08:33   Link #1939
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
there is still OVA to be made
Really? Will it be about Tonkii or the ultimate showdown? Please let it be the later one.
Old 2012-11-21, 08:41   Link #1940
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Really? Will it be about Tonkii or the ultimate showdown? Please let it be the later one.
well both of them is possible. thought ultimate showdown probably kinda hard since to series is been made by different studio

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote