Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-11, 01:22   Link #2641
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
I enjoyed the first two seasons of Nanoha (season two being my fave), but I couldn't really enjoy StrikerS as much as most people did.
Actually, my impression is that even Nanoha fans hated StrikerS. Sadly I wasn't around when the shitstorm in this forum happened.
Old 2013-10-11, 14:13   Link #2642
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post

Medaka Box: A literal waste of time both the anime and Manga, Medaka took Mary Sue to another level and not in a good way I raged all though out the manga since after Not Equals arc the last decent arc in it.
eh, you do realize that was the point of Medaka's character right?
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-10-11, 14:57   Link #2643
Miraluka
Banned

But it wasn't well handled Kenju. Anime shows it was well handled and the fact it was able to run more in SJ than other mangas is proof of favoritism in the editorial.
Old 2013-10-11, 15:10   Link #2644
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
But it wasn't well handled Kenju. Anime shows it was well handled and the fact it was able to run more in SJ than other mangas is proof of favoritism in the editorial.
I really don't see how it wasn't handled well

Old 2013-10-11, 15:23   Link #2645
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Medaka is intentionally grating because she is a Mary Sue who cannot seriously challenged. The manga wasn't very popular because Nishio basically destroyed any hope of wish fulfillment while deconstructing every shonen trope imaginable. The point of the series is to point out how flawed shonen heroes are and how Medaka being overpowered makes things worse.
Old 2013-10-11, 15:27   Link #2646
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Medaka is intentionally grating because she is a Mary Sue who cannot seriously challenged. The manga wasn't very popular because Nishio basically destroyed any hope of wish fulfillment while deconstructing every shonen trope imaginable. The point of the series is to point out how flawed shonen heroes are and how Medaka being overpowered makes things worse.
what a beautiful series it was

Old 2013-10-11, 16:37   Link #2647
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
what a beautiful series it was
For you at least. Otherwise everyone else we didn't like the series didn't understand the satire or they understood the satire but still thought the manga was mediocre.
Old 2013-10-11, 17:26   Link #2648
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
For you at least. Otherwise everyone else we didn't like the series didn't understand the satire or they understood the satire but still thought the manga was mediocre.
Yeah I noticed it's pretty underrated here(and other places)
but oh well
myself(and others) know how great it is

Old 2013-10-11, 21:25   Link #2649
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Medaka Box is a love or hate it series just like most things by this author.
Old 2013-10-17, 16:36   Link #2650
areyoubaka

Evangelion.
I don't hate it per se, but it really gets on my nerves when everyone's like "Z0MG EVA IS SUCH A MASTERPIECE!". Compare this to the amount of love say...Eureka Seven gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
Pokemon Bet Wishes!: Fail all around, Pikachu losing to a level 5 pokemon, Pikachu forgetting Volt Tackle the single most powerful electric attack since Thunder, Ash losing anything that's not a gym battle (what does that say about the gym leaders), not evolving all his Pokemon again, losing the Pokemon league again this time took one step back from top 4, to top 8 (what is he afraid to succeed or something), Iris (I really hate this girl) just for the fact that she was basically winning everything and getting all of the OP Pokemon they met, filler central, etc.
How about the Pokémon anime in general past Kanto?
Old 2013-10-18, 01:45   Link #2651
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyoubaka View Post
Evangelion.
I don't hate it per se, but it really gets on my nerves when everyone's like "Z0MG EVA IS SUCH A MASTERPIECE!". Compare this to the amount of love say...Eureka Seven gets.

It really sucks nowadays and Ash is still ten years old although Pokemon is aimed kids and kids don't really pay attention to these things.
Old 2013-10-18, 23:11   Link #2652
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyoubaka View Post
Evangelion.

Oh thanks for reminding me that I also hate Evangelion.

As for Pokemon I like every season until Best Wishes!, in the seasons until Diamond and Pearl Ash as much as it pissed me off that he and pikachu was reset at the beginning of each season he at least kept his experience from previous seasons and improved on them, he reached top 4 (while in BW he took two steps back and ended up top... 8? WTF!?), created the best offensively defensive attack evr counter-shield (which would later in Best Wishes! be retconned into Hikari having created it), He was awesome in Bttle Frontier with them extending an invitation for him to join them (which he seems to have forgotten about), had better female companions (Hate Iris to death), He used to evolve most of his pokemon into their final forms before Pokemon League (In BW he mostly evolved the most useless members of the team of the team except Tepi.. I mean Pokabu and Maybe Krookodile, is that how it's written?), He always caught awesome pokemon (seriously in BW he has the weakest team of any season period and to make matters worse Iris kept getting all the OP pokemon WTF), He use to win battles (in BW he loses every battle he is in except gym battles and to kick you while you're down Iris kept winning), Misty, May, Hikari (Dawn) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iris (How he hell does her Kibago (Axew) learns some of the most if not the strongest attack for dragons, when he is still low level? How the hell does Dragon Rage an attack that always deals 40 damage get to be so OP?), The legendary pokemon used to matter (the anime completely forgot about Zekrom but hey we got Reshiram instead....), the regions bad guys were always the main bad guys (Bw forgets about them and replaces them with TR, although they were badass for the while it lasted, but still), BW effed up the N arc which should have ened in a battle with either Zekrom vs Reshiram vs Charizard or Charizard vs Reshiram or hell how about a freaking battle instead of making the episodes about pikachu, there's more but let's leave it at that as you can see I really hate BW season at least XY first episodes were a million times better than anything BW did in the whole 2, no 3, no 4 seasons in had (4 freaking seasons).
Old 2013-10-18, 23:38   Link #2653
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Maybe replacing the protagonist in every new Pokemon season wouldn't be a bad idea.

And yes, yes, I know that Evangelion doesn't that good, but what important that it has its mark. Compare to thousand of passing through anime, it's quite a feat.
Old 2013-10-19, 01:50   Link #2654
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Maybe replacing the protagonist in every new Pokemon season wouldn't be a bad idea.

And yes, yes, I know that Evangelion doesn't that good, but what important that it has its mark. Compare to thousand of passing through anime, it's quite a feat.
It worked for its rival Digimon but the directors are too stupid to exploit that. They still insist on Ash because he easiest character to use while its rival was still more or less successful despite using different protagonists. Ash is still ten years old for pete's sake.

Evangelion isn't perfect and it has its flaws but it did leave its mark on anime history and changed a lot of things for the medium. Rei actually started the moe trend for one thing despite being designed to alien entity trapped in human body and is essentially a clone of the protagonists dead mother.
Old 2013-10-21, 01:38   Link #2655
xdaboi

trash like K-on, all that moe crap that comes out now.... ye
Old 2013-10-27, 11:04   Link #2656
sparkles

Sword Art Online. Last year almost everyone in my batch liked it and always talked about it in front of me when they know I couldn't stand it. They kept on asking questions about why I hate it and it's just so >(
Old 2013-10-28, 01:33   Link #2657
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkles View Post
Sword Art Online. Last year almost everyone in my batch liked it and always talked about it in front of me when they know I couldn't stand it. They kept on asking questions about why I hate it and it's just so >(
The way I see it with Sword Art Online is, pretty much everyone liked it at first... and then later down the road half the people previously known as fans jumped ship because of how horribly the story degenerated, (I am in this group BTW. I found it harder and harder to justify the stuff the story was pulling, until the end of the first arc finally made me go "Okay, that was quite possibly the most idiotic, asinine and terrible deus ex machina I have ever seen," and I gave the show like two more episodes after that before calling it quits because there was simply nothing left that I actually cared about) and the rest somehow stuck by it to the bitter end... and from what I hear it was a bitter, bitter end indeed. I get the impression that it somehow got even worse after the point where I abandoned the show too.
Old 2013-10-28, 09:12   Link #2658
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
The way I see it with Sword Art Online is, pretty much everyone liked it at first... and then later down the road half the people previously known as fans jumped ship because of how horribly the story degenerated, (I am in this group BTW. I found it harder and harder to justify the stuff the story was pulling, until the end of the first arc finally made me go "Okay, that was quite possibly the most idiotic, asinine and terrible deus ex machina I have ever seen," and I gave the show like two more episodes after that before calling it quits because there was simply nothing left that I actually cared about) and the rest somehow stuck by it to the bitter end... and from what I hear it was a bitter, bitter end indeed. I get the impression that it somehow got even worse after the point where I abandoned the show too.
Called it, without even reading the LN first. I'm glad dropping it right after ALO started.
__________________________________________________ _
Kill la Kill. Maybe just a matter of taste, I don't like over-the-topness (but strangely, I greatly enjoyed Kyusougiga)
Old 2013-10-28, 18:58   Link #2659
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_flying View Post
Called it, without even reading the LN first. I'm glad dropping it right after ALO started.
Uh, so did I. The terrible deus ex machina comment was a reference to episode 14.
Old 2013-10-29, 17:11   Link #2660
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Can't agree with that. I think my warning bells that this was a terrible pile of crap were flashing by episode 2. The whole beater speech made my jaw drop in how stupid it was and what a blatant attempt ti was to make the at that point unremarkable lead into a "dark and troubled but just so much cooler then everyone else" fanwank he was. After the randomly placed filler sagas and the random dead loli, I was completely done with the show. It hadn't crossed into bad yet, but I knew it was only a matter of time.