Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-12, 17:04   Link #3381
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsu-Kun
Darkforce and Slade, both of you get 8/10. - Not quite sure why, but something tells me they both deserve that number.

While I was looking for Tenjou Tenge CG (Which I failed in) I got bored and quickly made a RoD TV signature, any comments?

I really like this one Ketsu-Kun, I'd give it a 9/10
As for your current signature, her eyes seems kinda strange, but the background is nice ; 8.5/10.
Old 2004-06-12, 17:46   Link #3382
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I change it back ^_^,

Hobogod, I suppose you are right, I just rate to follow the rules, but sometimes I had nothing to say about a sig, so I just say "9/10 very nice"

DarkForce: 9/10 very nice j/k nice transparency and composition, and you are not suppose to look at all the 170 pages, although it might be funny, since most of us change sigs often, so you might find " you are a pervert" at a very decent sig... now I have to check that out...
Old 2004-06-12, 19:27   Link #3383
skreech
Aspiring Mangaka/Animator

Send a message via MSN to skreech
Ket-su that's really cute: 8/10
Biohazard that one (the top pic) is great: 9/10
Darkforce nice one: 9/10

Last edited by skreech; 2004-06-16 at 01:20.
Old 2004-06-12, 19:53   Link #3384
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreech
Well here's my new sig, so i thought i'd see what everyone thought of it.
Sorry to single your post out instead of just hitting delete but this is the sort of thing we're trying to prevent by asking that everyone "rates someone else's signature" in every post they make.

Yes, HoboGod's points are valid, in as much as if helpful discussion is going on we're all for it. I would rather see constructive, critical comments than just numbers. We just want to make sure everyone is giving to the thread what they expect to get out of it. Once you understand that it is really just a matter of common sense and courtesy.

And now for my comments:
mantidor: I like your signature. The transparency kind-a works because the forum background colour is light enough -- however I can still see rough edges so maybe it needs a little work. Things that don't require transparency are better IMHO. The layout is nice though and the theme matches your avatar. My only other problem with it can be attributed to almost all other signatures I've seen: it's too big for my tastes ...

Edit: I've edited the first post so there can be no excuse for not knowing that a rating is required...

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-06-12 at 20:04.
Old 2004-06-12, 22:31   Link #3385
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Quote:
Darkforce and Slade, both of you get 8/10. - Not quite sure why, but something tells me they both deserve that number.

While I was looking for Tenjou Tenge CG (Which I failed in) I got bored and quickly made a RoD TV signature, any comments?

8/10 i like it. havent been in this thread in awhile. very good sigs but i cant judge them all right now.
Old 2004-06-12, 23:27   Link #3386
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

JOJOS'STAR gets diabolistic's ecchi seal of approval

JOJO- 8/10 for quality, 9/10 for ecchiness

HoboGod - big fan of kirby, .. not so big fan of animated gifs -_-

i love the text though.. reminds me of a Modest Proposal where we eat the babies and curb world hunger :P
talk about two birds with one stone

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps

Last edited by diabolistic; 2004-06-13 at 00:54.
Old 2004-06-12, 23:42   Link #3387
HoboGod
Necromancer

as to follow the enstated rules (btw, thx, Nightwish, i was sick of this rulebook unclearity. ^_^) i shall rate ppl before i make follow-ups. ^_^

Darkforce: looks out of place. Edward doesn't fit well with the cloudy night, if you could, find a picture of him that is more shaded OR add shadows yourself to the picture.

PriestessKikyo: the picture is overall depressing, which i do like. but the yellow lensflare thing looks like a sunrise in the horizon. was that your intention? if so, what does it represent in a banner like this?

Okay, now for follow-ups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
Hobo, you want suggestions, what I'd suggest is to uncenter all that stuff, just move the pic and the writing over to the left. I think it would look beter in the far left corner of the page than in the middle.
WAA~~~ GREAT TIP! it does look better in the far left, not sure about the centered text tho, the one in green doesn't fit a full line, so it looks kinda unimportant uncentered.
Old 2004-06-13, 01:34   Link #3388
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Ketsu-kun: Very nice, I like how you outlined Anita, it makes the contrast between the character and background more obvious which is a good thing . Has a clean HQ look to it, and the font color doesn't bother me, yet doesnt make the sig any better. Its neutral Good overall sig ^^

9.5/10
Old 2004-06-13, 07:12   Link #3389
kakashilion
has big feet

ChibiDusk
really like the blue background, works really well. I dont like the font that chibidusk is in. IMO it looks kinda boring. Thats just if your being picky though - 9/10

diabolistic
very unusual. But i really prefer simplistic sigs where there isn't too much going on. Perhaps yours has gone too far in being simplistic. Oh and the font for your name is very cool. Do you know what its called?
8/10

silentpixel
hey its the person i unknowingly stole a signature from. Sorry bout that. Won't happen again. Anyway as usual you have one of the best sigs with characters from one of the newest and bestest anime. I like your creativity with the three seperate images of Fuu's face on the right. The whole background is amazing as well.
10/10

skreech
overall its a good sig IMO. But i really dont think you've kept a good theme throughout. I like sigs when they're all shades of red/brown or blue/green. I don't think it works when you have the red grafiti writing. The three characters kinda look outta place. Its still well made though
8.5/10
Old 2004-06-13, 14:16   Link #3390
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
kakashi lion : looks cool... 82%
Old 2004-06-13, 14:19   Link #3391
kaizer
Banned

Sid_Burn : that's the best sig. i've ever seen... 9/10
kakashi lion : I really hate to say these but your sig stinks!!! 3/10
chibidusk : Im impress... you put a lot of work for youe sig... 8/10
hobogod : wat a stupid sig... 1/10

Last edited by kaizer; 2004-06-13 at 14:57.
Old 2004-06-13, 14:21   Link #3392
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Kaizer : whoa!!! I never expected you to join here... anyway nice sig you got there... 80%
Old 2004-06-13, 18:32   Link #3393
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
PriestessKikyo: the picture is overall depressing, which i do like. but the yellow lensflare thing looks like a sunrise in the horizon. was that your intention? if so, what does it represent in a banner like this?
To be perfectly honest with you, no that wasn't my intention. I made the yellow strong in that area simply so that it would make the text stand out better. But anyway I'm glad you were able to get a good suggestion out of this thread the green actually does look better centered, the rest uncentered, so the centering arrangement you have now looks just about perfect.

skreech hmm that's quite a radical way to compose a sig, I'd say. I like the way you did the text and how it stands against the background, as well as that "chibi" character on top. What I don't like is how awkwardly the three characters on the left fall together, I think you should've feathered it at least a little. Especially the one in the middle, he's not blending in very well. And finally, you need a border. 8/10

silentpixel it looks great! the only thing I'd change is remove the lines of miniscule white lettering on the background, and make it a little less tall. But the composition looks awesome 9/10

diabolistic that's really odd looking. I see hands and weird objects I can't identify very well... and the background is as plain as you can get -_- 7/10

kakashilion the text and the shadows and the broken lines all look cool combined. very nice, I like it. 8.5/10
Edit: as pointed out below, the arrow is the same color as the coat, so it's alright. probably better this way.

Last edited by MikoKikyo; 2004-06-13 at 19:12.
Old 2004-06-13, 19:05   Link #3394
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

PriestessKikyo - 8/10 that face in there looks a bit too.. average.. but the work and colors are great

Sid_Burn - 8/10 good pic, would be even better if you could build in that eye-flashing thing like in your avatar

kakashilion - 9/10 nice ...and that inside of the arrow is the same color like the coat, so it`s ok I think

I put together a little thing considering the up-to-date news from anime.mirx
I tried to make it look flashy and build in transistions and stuff but I didn`t get it to fit the forum-limits that way, so...these are the keyframes...barebone
Old 2004-06-13, 20:18   Link #3395
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:

I really like it! 8.6/10

Of the others, I like this the best (8.5/10)

@JojosStar:
I like it a lot! 8.7/10
Old 2004-06-13, 20:45   Link #3396
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Ketsu Thats nice ^^
The font is weird, but I like the way the letters are align. 8.5/10
Manti Nice move its ecchi-red again Wheres the ecchi !? Time for a new one ^^ 9/10
skreech Its.. good Not Wow but a cool shonen sig. But obviously needs a border. 7/10
NightWish Well.. anyway, 9/10 for your well improved avatar.
silentpixel Its realy strange.. theres like 3 diffrent types of art in there. 8/10
diabolistic I didn't know you had a diabolistic's ecchi seal of approval intresting.. So I won!? Cooool. °__~ I want a visual of that seal so I can put it next to my nipple award Your sig, its so peaceful. 9/10 For the Art.
ChibiDusk Ok. Like the background. 8.5/10
kakashilion 8.5/10 too. Quality is perfect! congrat.
Dhomochevsky I prefer by far your Dhomochevsky avatar to your sig but its an ok sig. Plus 2points for the intresting topic ^^ 9.5/10
Lina Inverse You were too quick for me lol I'm in love with that expicit sig +1 for pleasing me you little Nya! 10/10
Old 2004-06-13, 20:57   Link #3397
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

I haven't done this in a while.
JOJO: Your aim is a bit off. Might make the girl wonder...
Lina Inverse: Box has one of those. Who is she, and which anime is she from?
Where do you guys find so many good sig sources [especially that ROD TV CG]?
Old 2004-06-14, 03:26   Link #3398
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Ketsu-kun - The Anita sig is stunning. I'd have to give it at least a 9.5/10 since I'm such a sucker for cute girls and simplistic designs. >_<

silentpixel - I don't like this shot of Fuu...did Mugen eat her nose or something? ^_^;; Otherwise, I like the decorations you've done in the background. I'm not that fond of the split pic of her on the side; it's an interesting effect, but I don't like it that much. 8.7/10

diabolistic - Your avatar reminds me of DOGS, but that's for another thread. Hmm, your sig is very artistic and reminds me of the knife of chastity. The whiteness really brings out everything else, and since I'm a big fan of simplicity, I like it a lot. Now, as for the border...I just don't think a plain black one fit well with the rest of the sig. 9.3/10

kakashilion - Not sure where you got the guy from, but I don't really like him that much; the drawing style doesn't appeal to me. Your name text matches well with the background, but that arrow thing stands out way too much in my opinion. 7.8/10

Dhomochevsky - "NONSTOP!"
"I don't kill woman and children."
"BUT YOU JUST DID!!"

Since I've actually read the Yotsubato!, I like your parody a lot. Now, the two problems I see are the shading quality and frame delay. The quality you can do something about, but it might take a bit work. The frame delays, however, can be changed easily: the first frame is way too long and takes away the surprise element of that frame. The second one is a bit too long, too, while the "download license anime" frame and last frame seem a bit too short. I think it'll be much better if you fix the timing... 8/10

skreech - What's not to like about three of the main characters of three of the most popular shounen series?

Now, I want to make it perfectly clear that my standards is just mine alone; if you like yours, don't do a thing to it. If you still want to hear what I have to say, read on:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-14, 11:07   Link #3399
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
kakashilion- 9/10 simply because it is better than your "other" one.

but i like it

... guess i am tired of my current siggy. It changes. Tonight.
Old 2004-06-14, 11:58   Link #3400
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
... guess i am tired of my current siggy. It changes. Tonight.
I'm relieved that you are going to change
But I have a bad feeling about your next signature

sarcasteak : I really liked your previous signature, but this one is also nice.
Really like how it is 9/10.

Slade xTekno : still nice signature and nice art, a bit old though 8.5/10.

JOJOS'STAR : this cross is somewhat strange
But the picture in itself is really nice, really nice signature if you forget about that cross 9/10.

Note : New signature again

Tags
rate, signature