AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-07-30, 13:32   Link #5781
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Laxus fighting Hades was suitable on two levels - not just strength-wise (since Gildartz is obviously stronger than him, but still Laxus is not far behing) but also because Laxus is Makarov's grandson and the one who will inherit his will when he dies as suggested after Hades defeated Makarov. So this fight was supposed to be about a descendent of the current guild master vs. the former guild master, thus making the emotional impact much stronger...

Now it;s just become a normal boss fight with main character vs. arc boss...
Old 2011-07-30, 13:54   Link #5782
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by przemoc View Post

Miracles are ok, if they are rare, not in every arc, for damn sake.[*]Does every arc must end up with Natsu's boost? WHY?! It will be somewhat accaptable though if he'll lose the fight, because he SHOULD lose even with Laxus' lightnings (and even Erza's requip, if she can transfer it to him...)! Even devil agrees with me!
Yep, I couldn't agree more. That's what I meant by Mashima's tendency of over-dramatization in each fight. "with the power of my will, I'll never lose! yada-yada-yada" and then everything ends with Natsu & co. beating the crap out of the enemy boss. C'mon Mashima, this is not Saint Seiya! Improve your plot, please.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 14:04   Link #5783
NoLongerSane

Well, for the Laxus transfer of his power, Mashima could go with the Dragonslayer explaination. In all technicallities, Laxus is a psudo-dragonslayer due to what is inside of him, and in the Eldoras arc it was shown that Dragonslayers could combine powers when need, so it is not a stretch that they could also transfer powers to each other. Though I could be wrong and this is just another Namaka power boost.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 14:09   Link #5784
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I find myself in agreement with others that this is getting old now.
I mean I do like seeing Natsu fight but using the same way over and over way is just old news and wish we got something different, was still holding onto my teamwork take down but that seems unlikely now.

All I can take away from ch 245 was on page 19 with that little shot of Lucy

I think theres gonna be a point pretty soon in the future where I'll have to say she will become my no.1 girl of the series.
Old 2011-07-30, 14:13   Link #5785
Kafriel
Senior Guest

This chapter will be good...if Natsu gets owned in round #2. Will be even worse though if Gildartz then comes over and transfers his powers to Natsu, because he doesn't like to interrupt fights, and a man has to finish what he starts, durr!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 14:45   Link #5786
ForteAnly

I liked the new chapter except at the part of the end. I wanted some more action between Laxus and Hades. I did not like that Natsu yet again obtains another temporary boost. I do like the idea of Fire & Lighting but I want Natsu to get some sort of form that does not only last one arc. I still think that Natsu might lose though even with the boost.
ForteAnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 14:55   Link #5787
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by przemoc View Post
Is it really possible to transfer magic? Magic is somewhat combined with life energy. Thus real magic transfer should be permanent, not temporary, sending magic-life energy increases receivers magic capacity and abilities via assimilation. So far Natsu always got condensed magic in attack (with exception for Gerard, it wasn't an attack, because he gave him his Rebuke whatever on purpose), power-uping him only until he used it all. Now it is unclear, as it wasn't shown at all, whether Laxus used totally full-power attack towards Natsu, power-uping him only for upcoming fight, or he somehow transfered his magic into Natsu, meaning also he wouldn't survive Hades blast.
We've seen transferring magic in various forms over the course of the series. Lacrima are essentially crystallized magic, Lucy uses her magic to increase the power of her spirits and Wendy's buffs are pretty much "here's my magic, now go do cool stuff with it."
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 18:25   Link #5788
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
We've seen transferring magic in various forms over the course of the series. Lacrima are essentially crystallized magic, Lucy uses her magic to increase the power of her spirits and Wendy's buffs are pretty much "here's my magic, now go do cool stuff with it."
ah but it's the nature of Lucy's magic to work together with her spirits, as it is the nature of Wendy's magic to distribute to others and buff (with the exception of her breath attack) ... He's right, this kind of transfer isn't exactly common use.

and it does raise the question where is it goin with Natsu?! ok, kinda inevitable he gets stronger and stronger, but if he ends up being capable of absorbing just about anything that suckz imho. Well, we'll see if he'll throw up afterwards at least...
Old 2011-07-31, 00:21   Link #5789
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
This chapter will be good...if Natsu gets owned in round #2.
Unfortunately, even if that happens, this chapter will still have sucked for kicking Luxus to the curb right after his dramatic arrival. That particular damage is done.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 00:26   Link #5790
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, neither of them were strong enough to take on the old man. Imo Hades is an opponent of a different caliber, I'd be very disappointed if he loses to anyone besides Gildartz, Makarov, Zeref or the rune knights.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 00:58   Link #5791
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Well, neither of them were strong enough to take on the old man. Imo Hades is an opponent of a different caliber, I'd be very disappointed if he loses to anyone besides Gildartz, Makarov, Zeref or the rune knights.
Not to mention there's Natsu with his "protagonist plot armor" which allowing him to win every fight as long as there's power-up scene
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 06:03   Link #5792
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
ah but it's the nature of Lucy's magic to work together with her spirits, as it is the nature of Wendy's magic to distribute to others and buff (with the exception of her breath attack) ... He's right, this kind of transfer isn't exactly common use.
Common use, no. But the existence of multiple methods of magic transfers means it's not at all surprising.

Quote:
and it does raise the question where is it goin with Natsu?! ok, kinda inevitable he gets stronger and stronger, but if he ends up being capable of absorbing just about anything that suckz imho. Well, we'll see if he'll throw up afterwards at least...
We already know he's capable of 'eating' any kind of magic. Aetherion was a beam of almost every kind of magic in existence, and Natsu ate the crystalized version of it. Didn't settle well with him, but it did help him win the fight.
Old 2011-07-31, 06:19   Link #5793
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
We already know he's capable of 'eating' any kind of magic. Aetherion was a beam of almost every kind of magic in existence, and Natsu ate the crystalized version of it. Didn't settle well with him, but it did help him win the fight.
I can just see it now: final battle against zeref, world of magic is created, natsu eats all the magic, the end
Old 2011-07-31, 07:01   Link #5794
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I'm fine with them giving Natsu a power-up, but they did the switch way too quickly. Laxus really should have gotten shit whole chapter to shine, then have a reversal at the end. Then maybe have next week's chapter with the Natsu power-up.

Still, I wish it was more a team effort then "power-up Natsu so he can abuse Dragon Force" style thing.
Old 2011-07-31, 08:08   Link #5795
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Still, I wish it was more a team effort then "power-up Natsu so he can abuse Dragon Force" style thing.
We don't know if this is Dragon Force yet, do we?
Old 2011-07-31, 09:30   Link #5796
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Unfortunately, even if that happens, this chapter will still have sucked for kicking Luxus to the curb right after his dramatic arrival. That particular damage is done.
Indeed. Considering Laxus way of fighting during the guild takeover attempt wasn't exactly honorable one might call him a pragmatic guy when it comes to fights. What he SHOULD have done is nuke Hades with Law before ever giving him the chance to see him. (of course Hades would have countered and Laxus would have had to stop the incantation just like gramps - still though, Mashima sacrificed this option for Laxus dramatic entry, which would have been ok if that entry started a say two chapter fight with Laxus pullin some more badass moves before handing over. (and concering "pragamtic", true, one might argue the lesson Laxus learned before leaving was that "his" way of fighting is not the Fairy Tail way - but I beg you, if there EVER was a time to fight dirty it is against Hades and his bunch of suckerz )

Quote:
This was never about Laxus winning, unless he had got a HUUUUGE powerup while he was away that would have been bullshit, too. The complaint is about first foreshadowing his arrival, then building up the suspense by not mentioning him for some dozen chaps, then having that badass entry only to be done after two full power lightining attacks to hand over to the others in such a bland and uncreative way within some 15 pages. Mashima had him redeem himself by handing over the "right" and power to fight Hades to Natsu. That was stupid, cause after there fight way back he already had acknowledged Natsu's power, and also cause him, natsu and say gajeel showing up to tagteam, and maybe even a fourfold breath attack with wendy joining in would have been soo much cooler... I seriously don't get how Mashima could NOt go for that. People would have said "predictable" too - but much cooler kind of predictable outcome imho.

edit: huh? did I miss something? wtf is a "rune knight"???
Quote:
Ah dunno, true Etherion consists of all elemental shades of magic - but I still thought it was special, since it was so condensed to RAW POWER in the lacrima form - and I thought that more than anything was why Natsu could stomach it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I can just see it now: final battle against zeref, world of magic is created, natsu eats all the magic, the end
NOOO please NOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
We don't know if this is Dragon Force yet, do we?
I would say it isn't cause there are no visible scales yet. I dunno if he will enter DF after this once he starts to work himself up in a fight he starts with this level of powerup - I think though in terms of logic to hurt Hades he HAS to use DF ... however as has been amply demonstarted over recent chaps logic went out of the window a long time ago - or maybe it is just my own fault for naively thinking there was logic in the first place
Old 2011-07-31, 09:40   Link #5797
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Ah dunno, true Etherion consists of all elemental shades of magic - but I still thought it was special, since it was so condensed to RAW POWER in the lacrima form - and I thought that more than anything was why Natsu could stomach it.
*shrug* Considering he ate Laxus lightning before and this chapter, apparently not. Stuff that isn't his element doesn't settle well with him and makes him sick afterwards, but he can still eat it.
Old 2011-07-31, 10:46   Link #5798
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
*shrug* Considering he ate Laxus lightning before
did he? huh? I think I might have missed that? By eat you mean soak, absorb and powerup from it?
Old 2011-07-31, 10:58   Link #5799
Slayerx

Quote:
did he? huh? I think I might have missed that? By eat you mean soak, absorb and powerup from it?
Ah yes, i think i recall it something like that being mentioned way back when Laxus was first introduced, or perhaps it was around the time of the battle for fairy tail... like in previous unseen fight with Laxus Natsu tried to eat the lightning, though it did not end well.
Old 2011-07-31, 11:08   Link #5800
haegar
mangaviking

ah thanks for clarification - cause I thought if Natsu did that in the Ft battle I must have read it really sloppy

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen