AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-12-02, 11:58   Link #581
bastek66

Everyone expecting spoiler about lead act like they would never heard about typical LNs. In 99% of cases there is no definitive winner till end and it's almost always main girl.

And it's good - Tomoyo and Andou are perfect match. Hatoko is boring, her rant is only meaningful scene she did so far. She doesn't understand ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Loli is a loli and Sayumi is outside the game.
Old 2014-12-02, 12:30   Link #582
tsunade666

Just because she can't understand doesn't mean she's bad partner for andou. Haven't hear opposite attract each other? I think hatoko and andou will click better or more stable but if its chemistry between pairing. The best is tomoyo. They are practically made for each otherif you ask me though iI still prefer hatoko because she's more practical as the chosen one.
Old 2014-12-02, 12:52   Link #583
Albel VII

It's not like I've expected to see the complete story in the anime, but after this episode, I've started to worry that it's going to end with a" buy the novels" type of ending or something even worse.

Anyway, I'm sad we didn't get to see Andou's awakened power, but as long as they reveal it in a scene where it has considerably more impact than it'd have had here, I'll have no complaints. Based on the girls' reaction there's a good chance that it's either something very self-destructive or something very perverted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Inou Battle suddenly became Medaka Box.
Spoiler for ep9:
Same here, that was the first thing that come to my mind when I saw that scene and I can't say I'd thrilled if this story was heading to that direction... However, it'd be hilarious if it turned out that the fairies want Sayumi to win because some of them like love comedies more than battle stories and consider her the best girl.
Albel VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 13:13   Link #584
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I'm rooting for Tomoyo as well for her compatibility with Andou

but I don't want to think what Hatoko would do if she isn't the "chosen one"
I mean... imagine Hatoko or Chifuyu going wild.. nothing could stop them anymore
the world is doomed
Hatoko is a fearful yandere
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 13:21   Link #585
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
because she's more practical as the chosen one.
The hell that even mean?
He doesn't need mother or nanny, especially boring one.
Old 2014-12-02, 13:29   Link #586
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
When you think about it things could get pretty scary if some of these characters snapped. Hatoko would burn down the world. Chifuyu might just make her own little pocket dimension where she'd live with an Andou clone she made .

Hard to say who is the best choice here since things can change as time goes on. A very distinct difference between Hatoko and Tomoyo that at least makes it interesting to think about.

Tomoyo very well sits as an obvious choice. Already pretty close to Andou and has the same interests. Does make things a bit tougher with her struggling to be honest even about her own chuuni side and being a tsundere. But still an easy pick.

Hatoko is tougher, but interesting in her own right. Both are actually pretty intelligent. May not share the interests as much, but do share the grades. And differences in interests aren't the worst thing in the world. The key thing is still caring about the other person and being a support which both have been for the other.

Though hey the right call might be to wait a few years for Chifuyu .

Well enough going full shipping. This is a case where I'm on the fence. Will say I respect Hatoko being really upfront now both to herself and Tomoyo.
Old 2014-12-02, 16:09   Link #587
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
The hell that even mean?
He doesn't need mother or nanny, especially boring one.
Nope he doesn't. He needs someone that can try to understand him just like tomoyo's niisan said. Hatoko is probably what made andou's life normal or grounded to reality. Andou can go talk none stop and hatoko will listen to him.

Tomoyo might be the closest to him yet the farthest to him too. She's indenial compare to the other girls.
Old 2014-12-02, 16:16   Link #588
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

This is totally an unexpected episode. I thought they weren't going to address the issue and just say "nah it doesn't matter". It really makes me want to know what the hell is happening in the novel
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 17:17   Link #589
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Nope he doesn't. He needs someone that can try to understand him just like tomoyo's niisan said. Hatoko is probably what made andou's life normal or grounded to reality. Andou can go talk none stop and hatoko will listen to him.

Tomoyo might be the closest to him yet the farthest to him too. She's indenial compare to the other girls.
So Andou life with Hatoko would have been like episode 7 prior outburst. Ergo it sucks for him everytime another rant happens.
Also Tomoyo is better for him because she understands him, not tries to understand. Why would she be farthest? Doesn't make sense.
Old 2014-12-02, 17:42   Link #590
tsunade666

Quote:
Also Tomoyo is better for him because she understands him, not tries to understand. Why would she be farthest? Doesn't make sense.
didn't I say she's in denial?

out of all the other girls that are at front of their feelings. Tomoyo is in denial. Which is why Hatoko even confront her. To face her own feelings. To know what she really feels.

As long as she's in denial. She is the farthest among the girls because in her current state. She won't accept her feelings towards Andou. She needs to be honest first to herself.
Old 2014-12-02, 17:45   Link #591
erdii

Quote:
So Andou life with Hatoko would have been like episode 7 prior outburst. Ergo it sucks for him everytime another rant happens.
tomoyo doesn't understand him wholly, she probably only understands his chuni side because she is a chuni too. don't underestimate the word "understand", I don't think two chuni can become a good couple. well this is what I think, they may become a good couple too who knows
Old 2014-12-02, 17:46   Link #592
IceHism

She's not that much in denial. She confessed in the episode where they went to go get lunch together remember. Just the clock basically silenced her. She just needs to find that confidence again and she can easily cement her spot as #1.
Outside of Tomoyo being a chuuni, i'm not sure what she has to offer to Andou besides that. She's very immature compared to hatoko and Sayumi.

I'm more concerned about whether trigger will end it with a "buy the LN ending" or whether this will get a second season... I cry tears when i get the former.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 19:16   Link #593
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Wow this show has gotten so good lol... Before it was enjoyable, now it's good.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 19:49   Link #594
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
She's not that much in denial. She confessed in the episode where they went to go get lunch together remember. Just the clock basically silenced her. She just needs to find that confidence again and she can easily cement her spot as #1.
Outside of Tomoyo being a chuuni, i'm not sure what she has to offer to Andou besides that. She's very immature compared to hatoko and Sayumi.

I'm more concerned about whether trigger will end it with a "buy the LN ending" or whether this will get a second season... I cry tears when i get the former.
^This.

I seriously don't see what Tomoyo has that so many people want her to be with him apart from being a closet chuuni. Not saying they can't like her but don't see why she should "win".

At least Hatoko doesn't openly make fun of him for being himself, sure she plays along with the other girls when they make fun of the guy but she at least seems to not care he is a chuuni to the point that she wants to understand it.

All Tomoyo does (from what I've seen) is make fun of him and be an hypocrite since she is also a chuuni, which is one of the worst qualities for a partner.

Nothing against Tomoyo and those who like her but I really don't see what is so great about her, just because she blushes from time to time and is like him doesn't mean (at least in my opinion) that she should end with the guy, what about the one actually putting the effort?

But to be realistic (at least in anime logic) if I were to use other anime as precedents, Tomoyo will win (if there is a winner) just because she will tell him that she was the girl from the past and because she is also a chuunni and nothing more without putting any effort and the one that has been in love with the guy and has been trying will end up cheering for them in the end because "childhood friend". This if he does choose/end up with someone in the end, the Status Quo (Open) ending is sadly, still the one with the most chances of happening.

Seriously hoping for this anime to surprise me but not holding my breath until I see it happen. (Yes, I do have a skewed view on anime when I comes to "romance" or what they call romance, blame the animes themselves, only a handful have actually done it right in my opinion)
Old 2014-12-02, 20:26   Link #595
cloud04
Scanlator

so its going shurabara mode now...and where's mirei?!
Old 2014-12-02, 20:40   Link #596
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^This.

I seriously don't see what Tomoyo has that so many people want her to be with him apart from being a closet chuuni. Not saying they can't like her but don't see why she should "win".

At least Hatoko doesn't openly make fun of him for being himself, sure she plays along with the other girls when they make fun of the guy but she at least seems to not care he is a chuuni to the point that she wants to understand it.

All Tomoyo does (from what I've seen) is make fun of him and be an hypocrite since she is also a chuuni, which is one of the worst qualities for a partner.

Nothing against Tomoyo and those who like her but I really don't see what is so great about her, just because she blushes from time to time and is like him doesn't mean (at least in my opinion) that she should end with the guy, what about the one actually putting the effort?

But to be realistic (at least in anime logic) if I were to use other anime as precedents, Tomoyo will win (if there is a winner) just because she will tell him that she was the girl from the past and because she is also a chuunni and nothing more without putting any effort and the one that has been in love with the guy and has been trying will end up cheering for them in the end because "childhood friend". This if he does choose/end up with someone in the end, the Status Quo (Open) ending is sadly, still the one with the most chances of happening.

Seriously hoping for this anime to surprise me but not holding my breath until I see it happen. (Yes, I do have a skewed view on anime when I comes to "romance" or what they call romance, blame the animes themselves, only a handful have actually done it right in my opinion)
To be fair... Tomoyo made him a Chunni... so she's had a large impact on his life. Not only that, but also she essentially acts Tsundere towards him (at least from what we've seen so far) because he's like how she used to be, and she's embarrassed about that side of herself. I think that all of the other girls mesh well with him, and Hatoko is a very good character. However, I still think that as far as currently understanding Andou the best, as Hatoko said it herself, Tomoyo is clearly winning.

Also, I saw this theory somewhere else and I'd like to resay it... I wonder if the creepy guy in the girl's bathroom is their Fairy Advisor... that would be interesting.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 21:14   Link #597
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
To be fair... Tomoyo made him a Chunni... so she's had a large impact on his life. Not only that, but also she essentially acts Tsundere towards him (at least from what we've seen so far) because he's like how she used to be, and she's embarrassed about that side of herself. I think that all of the other girls mesh well with him, and Hatoko is a very good character. However, I still think that as far as currently understanding Andou the best, as Hatoko said it herself, Tomoyo is clearly winning.

Also, I saw this theory somewhere else and I'd like to resay it... I wonder if the creepy guy in the girl's bathroom is their Fairy Advisor... that would be interesting.
She made him remain as chunni
He being their fairy advisor seems...good, i wont lie and it sounds plausible to some extent
Old 2014-12-02, 21:15   Link #598
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post

But is that really enough? Her just getting with together with him just because of one chance meeting one time and because she's a tsundere? Without any sort of effort from her in trying to make him fall for her?

So it's just "oh, hey soo I was the girl from your past and now I realized I like you so go out with me", just like that?

If so then I will be very dissapointed since it will just seem (at least to me) as otaku pandering (if you see what each girl seems to represent you'll understand why) and that's never a good thing, of course not saying that you'll get what you want even if you do put the effort but still the effort is what should be focused on in these kind of scenarios but never is.
Old 2014-12-02, 21:43   Link #599
kona~chan
ヘタレ

from what i seen all tomoyo need to make andou fall for her is just to be herself.
just what's the purpose of hatoko telling her feeling to tomoyo ?, it's same like what sagami said to sayumi, to keep the status quo, tho hatoko's method was more direct and cruel,
oh well its only gonna be slowing down tomoyo's inevitable victory anyways

as for chifuyu she had good chance imo, since andou practically admit himself being a lolicon, all she need just confess her feeling

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 22:58   Link #600
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneagain View Post
well you don't have to, you can be Jurai. Utilize da power of imagination bro XD
My imaginatino sucks,

can I haz a power to port in-n-out of Anime/manga instead?
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, school, super powers