Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-21, 13:52   Link #61
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
I would say very little. If Sanji had done better then Vergo then I would say he could put up a good fight but I think the fight would be quick just like Law's fight.
Old 2015-03-21, 14:40   Link #62
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
And you think Zoro would do better than that?
Old 2015-03-21, 16:20   Link #63
Nicaea

^Law destroying Vergo harder than Zoro destroying Pica says nothing because for al we know of, Pica is the strongest of the four positions. And we don't know how Pica measures up against Vergo.

Tbh I think that Law is somewhat close to Luffy, stronger than zoro. We haven't seen him use haki to the extent that Luffy and Zoro have. The thing is, that Sanji fought Doffy when he wasn't as serious as he is now. And even then, he gave Sanji a hard time. Luffy on the other hand, is going to fight a Doffy that isn't fooling around. Even during their small skirmishes, Doffy fought differently from when he fought Sanji.

I would say that unless new evidence is shown in future chapters, Luffy is the strongest followed by Law and Zoro. Sanji is after that but there's a gap between the two atm, that might become bigger or smaller depending on a possible Wano arc or a Big Mom arc.
Old 2015-03-21, 17:24   Link #64
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
^Law destroying Vergo harder than Zoro destroying Pica says nothing because for al we know of, Pica is the strongest of the four positions. And we don't know how Pica measures up against Vergo.

Tbh I think that Law is somewhat close to Luffy, stronger than zoro. We haven't seen him use haki to the extent that Luffy and Zoro have. The thing is, that Sanji fought Doffy when he wasn't as serious as he is now. And even then, he gave Sanji a hard time. Luffy on the other hand, is going to fight a Doffy that isn't fooling around. Even during their small skirmishes, Doffy fought differently from when he fought Sanji.

I would say that unless new evidence is shown in future chapters, Luffy is the strongest followed by Law and Zoro. Sanji is after that but there's a gap between the two atm, that might become bigger or smaller depending on a possible Wano arc or a Big Mom arc.
Not sure how Law can be compared to Zoro objectively.

Luffy will need some sort of power up or some weakness against DD exposed to come close to beating him. Hands down DD is a tough opponent and this fight should be epic. Law is right, a miracle will need to happen for Luffy to win.
Old 2015-03-21, 19:13   Link #65
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
The same manga you are
The only difference is I can show you Luffy, Sanji, Law and Zoro's performance that supports argument. Has for Law after reading this chapter I don't know what more I can say. Law is very dependent on his devil fruit. Thats what has kept him alive so far. When Luffy beats Daflamingo there will be no dispute of being stronger then Law or Sanji.
what would zoro or luffy do if law took their hearts? or switched their minds with babies? law's power is similar to sugar's toy power. they can beat most opponents regardless of who has a stronger body or haki ability
Old 2015-03-21, 21:03   Link #66
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
And you think Zoro would do better than that?
Power Level
Yes I think Zoro would defeat Daflamingo. Zoro has shown no signs of struggle with anyone yet. Pica was more annoying then a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
what would zoro or luffy do if law took their hearts? or switched their minds with babies? law's power is similar to sugar's toy power. they can beat most opponents regardless of who has a stronger body or haki ability
^
If this power is so great then why did he not use it on Daflamingo and Trebol in this fight?

Zoro
For the rest of you who keep saying Zoro and Law are comparable. Look at how Both Law and Zoro handling of Admiral Fujitori. Zoro is the only who was able to get the admiral's respect, stand there ground, and actually push him back.
Old 2015-03-21, 21:10   Link #67
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
And what makes you think that Law's powers can not be negated by Haki? Afterall, Law could have used any of those moves on Doffy but hasn't; he hasn't even tried to cut Doffy up(granted though, i wouldn't be surprised if Doffy could use his strings to pull himself back together after being cut up by law's room). Its possible he can only switch those close together and thus trebol would be his only option, but It could be that he knows that a move like that would not work and thus its a waste of stamina...

that could be why Vergo was so confident when he charged at Law despite knowing of his powers; Vergo is a powerful Haki user and likely believed that his Haki would prevent Law from cutting him. But Vergo underestimated Law, and Law overpowered him managed to cut him in half. Haki can protect you from a devil fruit, but in the opposing haki user is strong enough, they can override that protection

Not to mention your point actually reinforces grey's point that Law is too reliant on his devil fruit.

Quote:
Zoro
For the rest of you who keep saying Zoro and Law are comparable. Look at how Both Law and Zoro handling of Admiral Fujitori. Zoro is the only who was able to get the admiral's respect, stand there ground, and actually push him back.
I wouldn't use Fugitora for comparison. He and Zoro only had a brief clash, where as law had a long drawn out fight with both him AND Doffy
Old 2015-03-21, 21:14   Link #68
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
Yes I think Zoro would defeat Daflamingo.
I don't know what to tell you anymore, lol.
Old 2015-03-21, 21:29   Link #69
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
Laugh all you want but your the only one defending a guy who missing an arm and possibly dead on the ground. By the way who defeated pica easily? Zoro's attempt to save Law from Admiral Fujitori and Daflamingo was way better then Law's fight with Daflamingo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I wouldn't use Fugitora for comparison. He and Zoro only had a brief clash, where as law had a long drawn out fight with both him AND Doffy
^
Call it what ever you want but Zoro came out of that brief clash smelling like a rose. The Admiral's compliment only made it better.
Old 2015-03-21, 21:43   Link #70
ZGoten
Custom User Title

I'm not defending anyone. It's the opposite. I'm trashing Zorro and Luffy. Of course they are strong. But Pica was a weakling. Doflamingo is a monster in comparison. They can't handle him. The two of them combined, okay. But not on their own and not without help.
Old 2015-03-22, 00:26   Link #71
Kerimeos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I'm not defending anyone. It's the opposite. I'm trashing Zorro and Luffy. Of course they are strong. But Pica was a weakling. Doflamingo is a monster in comparison. They can't handle him. The two of them combined, okay. But not on their own and not without help.
And definitely not when Doflamingo has backup that's going to jump in at the same time as Doffy, or so the pink one implies. Say what you will about Trebol, but he has an excellent ability to stick an opponent in place so they can't dodge an assault - see what happened to Law. And Doffy is going to step in - or at least try too - to protect Trebol from being one shotted by Luffy. Again see what happened to Law.

In short, I certainly wouldn't be surprised (and would be pleased) if things for Luffy get sticky very soon and he needs one of those miracles Law was talking about to bail him out of a bad situation.
Old 2015-03-22, 09:58   Link #72
itachi-san314

Quote:
Power Level
If this power is so great then why did he not use it on Daflamingo and Trebol in this fight?
i said it would work on most, not all people. so far it's either that mingo's haki is too strong or it's simply for plot convenience. there's also an element of surprise to law's ability. i think someone would have to have haki activated prior to getting their personalities switched or heart taken, but maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
And what makes you think that Law's powers can not be negated by Haki?
i said "most". i think some can stop it if the opponent already had haki activated. and it has to be a really strong opponent like mingo. law got vergo and smoker after all.

Quote:
Not to mention your point actually reinforces grey's point that Law is too reliant on his devil fruit.
i never said otherwise. in fact i agree... you're just assuming things i think. the question was who would win between luffy, zoro and law. (i don't think sanji belongs in the discussion). i think luffy and zoro are purely stronger, but if law could swap their minds or take their hearts or just cut them up, he would win.
Old 2015-03-22, 12:08   Link #73
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Doflamingo reminds me of Kefka from FF6 in a way.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2015-03-22, 16:15   Link #74
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

So did anyone figure out what CP0 was up to or did I miss something?
Old 2015-03-23, 18:31   Link #75
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
So did anyone figure out what CP0 was up to or did I miss something?
It's as I stated before, they are still there to keep Doflamingo from opening his mouth up about certain WG, and Tenryubito secrets. I think the WG and Tenryubito knew that with the Strawhats heading his way, and with their track record, things weren't going to turn out well for Doffy, in the end. CP0 will more than likely take Doffy back to Mariejois, after this fight.
Old 2015-03-23, 19:02   Link #76
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Dezz View Post
It's as I stated before, they are still there to keep Doflamingo from opening his mouth up about certain WG, and Tenryubito secrets. I think the WG and Tenryubito knew that with the Strawhats heading his way, and with their track record, things weren't going to turn out well for Doffy, in the end. CP0 will more than likely take Doffy back to Mariejois, after this fight.
yes exactly. CP0 is there to cover everything up so that the public never finds out about anything important to the world govt. the interesting thing is what Fujitora will do or what CP0 will do to him, since he seems hellbent on making these atrocities known and dissolving the warlord system.
Old 2015-03-23, 21:39   Link #77
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

^ Thx for that clarification. Thought this thread died >_>
I'd like to see them in action for a bit before this arc ends.

Wouldn't it be something if when they come to collect Doffy's damaged body, we catch Gekko Moria taking it away for revenge purposes? That would be interesting. Probably not likely though. I also read a theory about Sugar turning him into a toy as a part of some back-up plan.

Whatever the case is, I kinda doubt the WG will get Doffy after this fight :/
Old 2015-03-23, 21:53   Link #78
Blackbeard D. Kuma

At the very least, upon discovery of his illegal operations, Doflamingo's not getting off scot-free. Despite his ties with the tenryubito, there's only so much that can be tolerated. What he's done certainly warrants getting stripped of his title, which the admirals now have the authority to do. Whatever happens, like Law said, Doflamingo's future looks grim.
Old 2015-03-23, 23:28   Link #79
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
^ Thx for that clarification. Thought this thread died >_>
I'd like to see them in action for a bit before this arc ends.

Wouldn't it be something if when they come to collect Doffy's damaged body, we catch Gekko Moria taking it away for revenge purposes? That would be interesting. Probably not likely though. I also read a theory about Sugar turning him into a toy as a part of some back-up plan.
I think it's close to a certainty that CP0 will have some sort of action before the arc ends. They are a pretty looming loose end. The Moria angle is interesting. I didn't like how he escaped Mingo / Mingo failed to kill him fast enough. but seeing as how he's alive, I hope he at least does something interesting.

Quote:
Whatever the case is, I kinda doubt the WG will get Doffy after this fight :/
I'm pretty much completely on the fence in regard to how Mingo will turn out. I could see this going in several directions. I like how it's not very predictable (aside from Law living through this *cough*)
Old 2015-03-24, 12:42   Link #80
itachi-san314

even if law lives through this, he had a pretty badass death scene

Spoiler for law artwork from this chapter:
Closed Thread