Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-03-25, 13:27   Link #1361
mPervy
Professional NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Yeah. Imagine Aila as Marie Antoinette...

Not going to happen.
It's enough with katejina! There's no need another bit*hy female chara in gundam other than her...

And it was a good thing that Aila didn't die! Since she's the CUTEST gundam heroine that's not too serious or dead because of FATE (aka Tomino going KILL EM ALL)...
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 19:23   Link #1362
Death Usagi
Banned

Well, at least Hayami Saori survived in the Gundam franchise this time... somehow...

Hayami Saori as Yurin = DEATH

Hayami Saori as Aila = HAPPY ENDING
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 06:45   Link #1363
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Had to make up for it somehow. And it even had a not!Age-2 thrown into this series.
Old 2014-03-26, 15:28   Link #1364
Laevatein

Re the Build Knuckle thing, I understand that it's a "finishing move", but it gets stale if we see it all the time. For those of you who are wrestling fans, think of the backlash against John Cena in the WWE - aside from having his personality changed to "generic face", a lot of it was generated by having him win in the same way every damn time.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 16:03   Link #1365
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Did you guys have as much of a problem with the Shining/God Finger back during G-Gundam as well?
Old 2014-03-26, 16:06   Link #1366
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Did you guys have as much of a problem with the Shining/God Finger back during G-Gundam as well?
I did.

The Yu-Gi-Oh series had the same problems specially from the second season of GX onward in which all the duels were won by the same card.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 16:07   Link #1367
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

YGO!'s a terrible show and concept anyway. >.> Anyways, I was simply curious. I haven't actually gotten around to watching Build Fighters yet, though I intend to.
Old 2014-03-26, 16:12   Link #1368
Galaxian

Quote:
YGO!'s a terrible show and concept anyway. >.> Anyways, I was simply curious. I haven't actually gotten around to watching Build Fighters yet, though I intend to.
But it still falls under the same pseudo-sport genre as Build Fighters.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 19:37   Link #1369
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

My greatest problem lies in inner hypocrisy of depiction in build knuckle

People claim "HOW CREATIVE" except it's nothing more than overloarding exoskeleton and engines, and single punch is what it takes.

What's fun is that Discharge system are so flexible and much more creative since it's literally MAKE EVERYTHING BIGGER AND FASTER. Launch a sword like a railgun, accelerating build knuckle making it look actually cool etc if they stick with Discharge and nothing else, it'll work so much better.
Old 2014-03-26, 19:49   Link #1370
Skye629

Quote:
How so? Its doing really well in Asia and the TCG/OCG is still a thing over there

And watch Build Fighters, its extremely fun/awesome, just approach it though with the mindset of say, watching Gurren Lagann, just pure fun awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
My greatest problem lies in inner hypocrisy of depiction in build knuckle

People claim "HOW CREATIVE" except it's nothing more than overloarding exoskeleton and engines, and single punch is what it takes.

What's fun is that Discharge system are so flexible and much more creative since it's literally MAKE EVERYTHING BIGGER AND FASTER. Launch a sword like a railgun, accelerating build knuckle making it look actually cool etc if they stick with Discharge and nothing else, it'll work so much better.
People claim its creative? Really? I have seen nothing of the sort, both on here or Youtube, its smart thinking thats for sure, but thats it

As for the Discharge system, yeah we all know its cool and creative, but as we all also know, its flawed as hell, especially the prerequisites to use it, and if they stuck with only that, they would have never made it to the Top 16, period
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 19:52   Link #1371
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The show did, everyone in real world mostly don't care.

And RG System use the same energy source as discharge, there's no reason not to use discharge, even at limited power, period.

Even using it at full power can be done at least once without using absorb shield.
Old 2014-03-26, 19:56   Link #1372
kuroihikari2

Well, no one certainly thought of something like the Build Knuckle/RG System before. Not even those engineers at PPSE works.

All everyone was doing was mimicking boost systems in Gundam series.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 20:04   Link #1373
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
The show did, everyone in real world mostly don't care.

And RG System use the same energy source as discharge, there's no reason not to use discharge, even at limited power, period.

Even using it at full power can be done at least once without using absorb shield.
Nobody in the show said the RG was creative......the only things really said were stuff like "that shining light" or an explanation like what Ral said..........

The RG system DOES NOT use the same source as Discharge, check again, it can be activated, wherever, whenever they want (as long as they are on the battle system lol).

Discharge NEEDs the additional energy gained from external sources to compensate for its extremely high particle outputs (at least for the modes we know), otherwise the output from the gunpla/suit simply is not enough

While the RG on the other hand, takes the normal particle outputs and surrounding particles and puts it into the frame, much simpler and easier to do, Im honestly surprised they did not start all of the final fights this way
Old 2014-03-26, 20:16   Link #1374
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Just thinking, why couldn't they just make a Gunpla with inner-frame of plastic and the outer armor with Plasky Particle?

A.K.A Psyco-Armor
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 20:49   Link #1375
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Just thinking, why couldn't they just make a Gunpla with inner-frame of plastic and the outer armor with Plasky Particle?

A.K.A Psyco-Armor
And how would they keep the particles in a consistent form when moving?

And other units can easily penetrate through such a defense, even beam shields do not hold up that well in BF
Old 2014-03-26, 21:10   Link #1376
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You guys rang?

That said, unit that use plavsky armor will be lightweight speedster type, down with a single hit but makes it up for being much harder to get hit in the first place.
Old 2014-03-27, 06:41   Link #1377
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I wouldn't mind RG if they actually used other things than build knuckle, even though I would probably be doing the same damn thing.

Then again, in the Nils and Aila fights, with Nils they had to use Build Knuckle because that was the only thing aside from Vulcans that would work, and Aila did trash the rest of their weapons...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 09:23   Link #1378
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
The anime adaptation is pretty much messed up with all the unnecessary fillers that makes the card game so important that it can save the world from the forces of evil *vomit*. But the original concept:
Spoiler for Yu-Gi-Oh! manga synopsis.:
That said, if you don’t like Yu-Gi-Oh! anime, I think you’ll pretty much feel the same about GBF. Why? Coz GBF copied a number of Yu-Gi-Oh!'s popular elements: shy MC with no confidence (check), boy from another world who’s good at fighting as secondary MC (check), the two become best of buddies and fighting together throughout the series (check), MC finally gains some confidence & skill after many fights together with 2nd MC (check), exaggerated role of toys (check), etc. Plus, the overall atmosphere and plot is like your usual “merchandise-driven” anime like Beyblade, Bakugan, Crush Gear, Duel Master, etc. They only trade the merchandise with Gunpla.
Old 2014-03-27, 09:27   Link #1379
monster

That synopsis sounds like the first anime, where they actually show different games being used, not just cards.

But hey, as far as the "genre," I love the first two series of Yu-Gi-Oh! and I like Build Fighters, but I was never interested in many of the others like them. I think they're each still different enough that you can enjoy some.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 09:31   Link #1380
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, it's called Season Zero, and actually made by different studio altogether

Tags
shounen