AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-18, 23:28   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 780 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Did you enjoy your week off, fellas? 'Cause now, we're back in business! A spoiler is out courtesy of AP's Redon and Aohige:

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Did you enjoy your week off, fellas? 'Cause now, we're back in business! A spoiler is out courtesy of AP's Redon:

-Chapter title is "Spell binding of the heart". The ministory involves Jinbei returning the temple containing the poneglyph back to the ocean.

-Flashback time again! A few minutes before the previous chapter's end, we see a dying Law laying before Doflamingo and Trebol. Both of them ridicule him, but then Dofla makes him an offer: He'll grant him any one wish as long as he performs the immortality surgery right this moment. Law's answer? He'll do it if Dofla can bring Corazon back to life, as well as kiss the ass of every citizen of Dressrosa. He then proceeds to tell him that it's Dofla who's screwed, as the Straw-Hats have performed miracles throughout their adventures, and they cannot be stopped. Dofla will never get Caesar back either. In short, his future is doomed. Dofla does not take kindly to Law's words, and shoots him a bunch of times. He's also angry that he wears the Corazon symbol and named his crew the Heart Pirates, despite refusing the heart seat. He proclaims that the curse binding him to Law and Corazon will finally end this day....

-Back to the present time, Viola reports to Zoro and co. that while there's only two enemies left, one of their own has fallen, as well. Back at the palace, Luffy reaches Doflamingo, who tells him he released Bellamy as he promised, while smirking. A pissed Luffy attacks him with an Elephant Gun, which he blocks with his spider web shield. He also dodges Luffy's following move, and counters with an attack called White Break, which Luffy dodges, as well. The young pirate then comes across Law's body, which is lying in a pool of blood. Luffy tries talking to him, but there's no response. Dofla tells him that he's clearly dead, but the supernova refuses to believe him. While he stays near Law, Dofla brings up Law's earlier words about how the Straw-Hats will bring forth miracles. He didn't find Luffy that strong from their previous exchanges, but is still willing to see this game through to the end. Luffy, more pissed than before, screams at Doflamingo. However, at the same time, he seems to be recalling an earlier conversation with Law....

Hmm, Oda is hyping Law's death more and more, but I still kinda feel that he's trolling us in the end, lol.

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-03-19 at 00:38.
Old 2015-03-19, 00:27   Link #2
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

It's out, but I left out the important detail in the last page.
Dofla is slowly shrinking the birdcage.
Old 2015-03-19, 00:39   Link #3
marvelB

Alrighty, updated with the summary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's out, but I left out the important detail in the last page.
Dofla is slowly shrinking the birdcage.

Uh oh, looks like we really are approaching the endgame....
Old 2015-03-19, 00:53   Link #4
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Yeah it's the standard "haha, you must beat me before the time is up, or you all die!" timed battle Oda loves to do in pretty much every arc ever.
Old 2015-03-19, 01:41   Link #5
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I'm really dough ting Law's dead, some of me wishes but knowing Oda

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2015-03-19, 02:59   Link #6
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Oh please...There is a reason why Manshary has such overpowered yet useless devil fruit.
The thing itself is probably a plot device that will turn Law's appearent death around.
Old 2015-03-19, 07:37   Link #7
itachi-san314

law is definitely not dead. but i dont see how or why he can take so much damage. it's borderline silly how many times he's been shot. it's getting near whitebeard levels
Old 2015-03-19, 08:09   Link #8
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

will law make luffy immortal before he dies?
Old 2015-03-19, 08:14   Link #9
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Yeah. The bigger plot twist would be if Law really is dead. But the stakes are high in this final battle. Doflamingo is a suitable enough villain to be the first real opponent of challenge Luffy has encountered in the New World. The way he effortlessly handled Luffy's Elephant Gun and Hawk Gattling means we may finally see Luffy fighting with all of his skills.
Old 2015-03-19, 08:14   Link #10
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

^ Lol "whitebeard levels". Reminds me of how whitebeard lost half his head and still gave a speech after.

Actually if Law was killed then he would have died with a smile, a trademark of the D's. Unless he moved his heart prior to the fight, I'm starting to think he really is dead. But then again Luffy took more damage at marineford and lived. So Law shouldn't be too bad. They would make his death more dramatic anyway.

Luffy's rage attack was disappointing. Should have used a "Red Elephant!!" or something.
Old 2015-03-19, 08:35   Link #11
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I think Law is not die as well... I believe in ope ope fruit potential

having Luffy vs Trebol+Doflamingo is kinda unfair.. I hope someone would take Trebol
Old 2015-03-19, 08:47   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, Law will probably make it out ok. They do have an OP healing ability at the ready, plus it'd teach Luffy to not leave big enemies sitting around while he was goofing off, and we can't have that .

At least this should be a good fight and Luffy will finally have to start testing his current limits.
Old 2015-03-19, 09:14   Link #13
Slayerx

Ya i'm not buying it. He's either not really dead or he won't stay dead. Don't really like this feeling at all. The whole impact of a death scene, even a fake out comes from being convinced the character really is gone for good and i just don't feel it. Honestly i feel like Oda botched it up with the end of the last chapter. Instead of getting a nice shock from watching Law die, we were just told he died off panel... showing us it happen in flashback doesn't help since we already knew about it. And really, the more Doffy says he's dead, the LESS i believe it. Should have had it as dramatic end chapter sorta thing... Not to mention i think it would have been even more dramatic if Doffy had "killed" law right in front of Luffy

I can buy mansherry being his get out of death free card, though i think it be more interesting if Law kept himself alive with the ope ope no mi... like maybe he took out his heart and hid it, or rearranged his vital organs so that nothing short of a head shot or decapitation would kill him.

And nother thing that's not really explained is Trebol being back together. I thought Law's Radio knife was supposed to prevent him from being able to pull himself back together. Guess its possible that its only temporary or something, but hat's something that should have been shown. Also seems most likely that Sabo will end up fighting Trebol.
Old 2015-03-19, 10:12   Link #14
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
law is definitely not dead. but i dont see how or why he can take so much damage. it's borderline silly how many times he's been shot. it's getting near whitebeard levels

Yeah, logically eight shots WOULD be enough to kill a person.... but remember, this is the series where people can survive explosions, thunder bolts, and getting squashed by an elephant after all!
Old 2015-03-19, 10:38   Link #15
Tuor

I think Law is still alive, too. It's probably something to do with his devil fruit that Doffy doesn't know about.

Also, I suddenly realized that the way Doffy prefers to kill off the enemies he is more personally acquainted with is the same way that Nobles kill off those who offend him -- by shooting them with a pistol. So Doffy may still consider himself a noble after a fashion.
Old 2015-03-19, 11:25   Link #16
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I highly doubt Law is dead as well. Just not convinced based on what others here have said already.

At last, Doflamingo's time has come. How he'll go down is going to be a subject of massive debate, I'm sure. Sabo is also on the way. Should be interesting to see what role he'll play when he gets there.
Old 2015-03-19, 12:07   Link #17
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
Also, I suddenly realized that the way Doffy prefers to kill off the enemies he is more personally acquainted with is the same way that Nobles kill off those who offend him -- by shooting them with a pistol. So Doffy may still consider himself a noble after a fashion.
Well not exactly; Doffy is most likely using Lead bullets. Law's home town was known for its lead mines and its where his original poisoning came from. Doffy knows how to piss people off and he knows that using such a weapon would hurt law the most.

In Luffy's case, he knows that what would piss him off the most is harm to those close to him and being forced to fight his friends; hence him messing the belemy and "killing" Law.
Old 2015-03-19, 12:11   Link #18
golgo13

If Law is dead, then it looks as if Doflamingo is missing out on retrieving the Ope Ope fruit (ala Gura Gura, Axolotl etc...). Not likely DD will miss out on it, so Law is not likely dead.

No way Luffy can beat DD and Trebol. Someone(s) will intervene (Jesus Burgess, Sabo etc..).

Also (again), believe that perhaps DDs glasses allow him to use his fruit and that knocking them off will give advantage to Luffy.
Old 2015-03-19, 13:27   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Doffy effortlessly blocked Elephant Gun and easily dodged (?) hawk gatling. I can't see Luffy winning this all by himself, unless he has a new super move he's been hiding. Law most likely left something to him.
Old 2015-03-19, 14:56   Link #20
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Does anyone know what the thought bubble is supposed to mean in the last panel? Is Violett talking to him? Or is Law perhaps whispering?