AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 24 (FINAL) Rating
Perfect 10 210 67.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 19.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 2.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.64%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-16, 00:46   Link #21
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv View Post
You mean, happiness because justice was finally made?

^_^ Sorry, I never like Love Hina.

Yeah, me too.
I hate this conspirancy of making the "Big Hit of The Year" that forces all us to buy merchandansign and worship the series that by the end of the year dies and we quickly forgot about it.

Haruhi was like that last year.

And before that FMA.
Nobody forces anybody to worship a series, it's our own decision to take or leave them as they come and how to show our appreciation or in my case discontent. That's the beauty of free choice, my favourite thing in the whole world.

Just as well as being forced to buy Lucky Star merchandise would not be my cup of tea, in terms of that sort of thing being like an Orwellian State, not really wanting any to begin with, and me not willing to spend money on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs

Dammit, why must all good things come to an end? Now after Lucky Star, I've got nothing to look forward to...*sniff*
Post a description of what your looking for in the Suggestion thread, and I'll come by and see if I can recommend anything that will fit. There's always something to look forward too in life.
Old 2007-09-16, 02:16   Link #22
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv View Post
You mean, happiness because justice was finally made?

^_^ Sorry, I never like Love Hina.
Ouch, shot right through the heart...

It's probably my favorite manga series of all time, and I've yet to pick up a series that drew me in as much as Love Hina did. I had a lot of mixed emotions as I read the last volume...I was pretty satisfied with how it ended, so the closure was there, although I would find myself wishing that I had more volumes to look forward to every once in a while.

I'm hoping Lucky Star leaves me with the same feeling. And who knows, with the manga ongoing, maybe we'll get to see a second seasons (or at least a few OVA's) somewhere down the line.

Speaking of which...it should be airing soon. Everyone ready?
Old 2007-09-16, 02:56   Link #23
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Bandit View Post
Ouch, shot right through the heart...

It's probably my favorite manga series of all time, and I've yet to pick up a series that drew me in as much as Love Hina did. I had a lot of mixed emotions as I read the last volume...I was pretty satisfied with how it ended, so the closure was there, although I would find myself wishing that I had more volumes to look forward to every once in a while.

I'm hoping Lucky Star leaves me with the same feeling. And who knows, with the manga ongoing, maybe we'll get to see a second seasons (or at least a few OVA's) somewhere down the line.

Speaking of which...it should be airing soon. Everyone ready?
I've only ever seen the anime, never read the manga.. is it much better?
Old 2007-09-16, 03:19   Link #24
Moridin

Do anyone know when its going to air? If you know, can you please tell me in GMT or local japanese time? would appriciate it much . and by the way, is there some sort of way to find the japanes tv schedule (dont know what it is called in english, the list of what airs on different chanels and at what time)?
Old 2007-09-16, 03:34   Link #25
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Do anyone know when its going to air? If you know, can you please tell me in GMT or local japanese time? would appriciate it much . and by the way, is there some sort of way to find the japanes tv schedule (dont know what it is called in english, the list of what airs on different chanels and at what time)?
I know it airs around my area at 8:30AM PT, so 4:30PM GMT?
Old 2007-09-16, 04:39   Link #26
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

Umm... I didnt mean that.
Nobody thinks is suspicious that an "Under Series" suddenly became a financial succes? I mean Haruhi was at firts just a popular ranobe, Lucky Star a 4 koma in Comptiq, heck even Digi Charat was a commercial at the beggining.
What I always see is that there is a Series of The Year, there are no pauses, one dies another comes by, maybe was liek that in Japan since a long time ago, but for Latinamericans one series can be the big succes and sustain years of airing.

Anyway this is just non-sense babbling, Im a conspirancy-theory-nut at the level of The Question (not the orignal one of course, the DCAU version of him).

I beleive the global warning is a cover for experiments with weather-altering machines so......

Quote:
I've only ever seen the anime, never read the manga.. is it much better?
Not really, at leats for me. I feel the message is "life sucks for everybody except for that stupid tsundere girl who ruins everyones lifes" oh and "being a wuss makes you a magnet for chicks (yeah, right)"

I agree with Shiraishi: Kagami is NOT a Tsundere. Dont ever call her like that!

(I hope the last episode title is a hint of some kind)
Old 2007-09-16, 05:41   Link #27
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Now that I'm done with EP23's ref post, I have this sinking feeling of not wanting to watch 24. I can't believe that the next one will be the last one. I still have 21 and 22 to finish, but knowing there won't be a new L*S next week is just... a heavy feeling. I've never gotten so "otaku" over an anime before, and I don't know if I'll ever do it again. L*S made me spend long hours looking up interesting obscure facts about Japan and helped me develop interest in things I would have never paid attention before. In it's small way, L*S is life-changing for me. I don't know if I'll ever feel like this toward another anime again.

Well, one thing I do know.. even after it's finished I'll still be hanging around here. I can still go back and do the references for 1 to 13; I just there will be future fans to enjoy them. I can see this forum becoming like the Haruhi forum - still going strong until the second season announcement. Yes, I am firm in my belief that for many, many reasons, there will be a second season.
Old 2007-09-16, 06:22   Link #28
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
argh wanna have season 2
Old 2007-09-16, 10:10   Link #29
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by: Kaioshin_Sama
Post a description of what your looking for in the Suggestion thread, and I'll come by and see if I can recommend anything that will fit. There's always something to look forward too in life.
Yeah, thanks man.
Old 2007-09-16, 10:18   Link #30
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
There are no OP.

From what I've seen in 2chan's screencaps:
- Lot of Patty. Nice news for her fans.
- There are another cameo of the Miyakawa sisters.
- Kona wears Yuki's witch costume.
- Akira makes her first appearance in the actual show. And final one.
- Pompom Girls dance for the festival.

Gonna wait for the raws then the subs.
Old 2007-09-16, 10:44   Link #31
Larcx
Zetsubou

is there any sign of season 2 at the end of eps?
Old 2007-09-16, 10:49   Link #32
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcx View Post
is there any sign of season 2 at the end of eps?

Alas, no clue about it.
Old 2007-09-16, 10:50   Link #33
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

Theres no OP? BLASPHEMAH!
Old 2007-09-16, 11:06   Link #34
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaziek View Post
Theres no OP? BLASPHEMAH!
What would be the point? They are dancing Motteke Sailor Fuku near the end anyway.
Old 2007-09-16, 11:15   Link #35
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
What would be the point? They are dancing Motteke Sailor Fuku near the end anyway.
But you didn't say that.
Old 2007-09-16, 11:18   Link #36
Fat Cat Lim

Raws out! Time to see how it all ends~
Old 2007-09-16, 11:19   Link #37
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
But you didn't say that.
I was not clear enough. With "No OP", I meant no opening animation like in SuzuHaru ep10 and ep14, or FMP: TSR ep13.
Old 2007-09-16, 12:07   Link #38
shiro83

No... time's fun when you are having flies...
Hopes for season 2, if any...
Old 2007-09-16, 12:15   Link #39
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

So I guess we will be seeing the cheerleading sequence in its full entireity on youtube after this wwww
Old 2007-09-16, 12:47   Link #40
takumi2k4

True to L*S fashion, it ended in the most unexpected way possible.

Can't wait to see the subs tomorrow! There was a lot of dialogue here, so yeah.

But, great episode though. I for one await to see the mass videos on Youtube tomorrow.
Closed Thread