AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 27 29.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 30.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.09%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-11, 23:40   Link #121
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That could be discussed in the novel or manga section ... or perhaps the Ami character thread
Thank you, Vexx.

As for Taiga's continued use of insults, I think it's just a way of demonstrating their ongoing familiarity with each other. She has issues with social interaction, so it's just her way of feeling free to act "normal" around him without making it look like she's leaving any openings for him to get too close on an emotional level.

If you think about it... this is a show full of dysfunctional characters to one degree or another.
Old 2008-11-11, 23:44   Link #122
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Thank you, Vexx.

As for Taiga's continued use of insults, I think it's just a way of demonstrating their ongoing familiarity with each other. She has issues with social interaction, so it's just her way of feeling free to act "normal" around him without making it look like she's leaving any openings for him to get too close on an emotional level.

If you think about it... this is a show full of dysfunctional characters to one degree or another.
OT : I would think that Taiga is more familiar with her fellow tsunlolis (Shana, Louise and Nagi) than anyone else, since she came from a rich family after all and had access to all the anime and manga. This is called "being with good company".

Back to the topic, I would agree with you that this is a show full of dysfunctional characters, inclusive of that balding parrot.
Old 2008-11-11, 23:53   Link #123
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
...inclusive of that balding parrot.
LOL... yeah, I forgot about him. He's in good company.
Old 2008-11-12, 06:28   Link #124
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
It doesn't even look like she cares about that anymore, so long as she doesn't get ignored, while Ryuuji is talking or thinking about her.
No no no-- even more intriguing is your avie. I mean WTH?!

also, the only Sebastian i know is a dog XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
. . . And then of course there's the sexy underclothing crawl with the desire-filled voice. That definitely puts up some flags. She may be a bitch, for lack of a better term to describe her with, but I don't think she's a slut.
how is that bad in a way?
Omochikaeri!!
Old 2008-11-12, 09:19   Link #125
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Thank you, Vexx.

You never ever call someone a dog as a sign of familiarity. Not in japanese culture. Not in any asian culture -_- You might as well bitchslap someone to show you're familiar with them, it might be less insulting.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2008-11-12, 10:39   Link #126
typhonsentra

Episode 7 coming up soon.
Old 2008-11-12, 11:24   Link #127
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
You never ever call someone a dog as a sign of familiarity. Not in japanese culture. Not in any asian culture -_- You might as well bitchslap someone to show you're familiar with them, it might be less insulting.
lol i agree i dont think i would take kindly to either one of those and might have to retaliate with my own pimp slap. Either way its just *&^%% rude. What happened to the good ol fashion greetings?
Old 2008-11-12, 11:32   Link #128
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
True, but in the context of slapstick type comedy that kind of behavior is used to exaggerate personality traits.

People don't poke someone they know in the eyes for having a silly look, either.
Old 2008-11-12, 11:51   Link #129
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
People don't poke someone they know in the eyes for having a silly look, either.
Are you serious? Shit i need to stop doing that i thought it was acceptable to greet someone with a good old eye poke
Old 2008-11-12, 12:39   Link #130
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't care for the slapstick comedy in the context of this story (eyepokes, flying kicks, etc) since her language is sufficiently skewering -- but its like the animation staff is compelled to add slapstick: they can't help themselves. Its like the producer thinks "o god, its not a comedy unless there's Three Stooges moments". Simple brains, simple humor.

I'm just glad its been fairly limited. If I see a scene where someone gets "knocked to the stars and winks out of sight" ala Keitaro/TeamRocket -- yeah, even I'd be done with the series.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-11-12 at 13:18.
Old 2008-11-12, 13:05   Link #131
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Are you serious? Shit i need to stop doing that i thought it was acceptable to greet someone with a good old eye poke
Haha... as long as they are close friends and know that you're just bonding with them, a little eye gouging now and then never hurts... very much.
Old 2008-11-12, 13:20   Link #132
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

What we're missing is an attempted eyepoke where Ryuuji blocks it by putting his hand to his nose to trap her between the fingers (insert Three Stooges noise here).
Old 2008-11-12, 13:41   Link #133
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
What we're missing is an attempted eyepoke where Ryuuji blocks it by putting his hand to his nose to trap her between the fingers (insert Three Stooges noise here).
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

Old 2008-11-12, 18:44   Link #134
Ashlotte
Clockwork

One bit of credit I have to give to this show is actually making a genki girl thats likeable to me...Honestly was never big on the Archtype, but damnit if I don't love Minorin...

Probably no chance in Hades of Ryu getting her but I'll still hope for it...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-11-12, 20:48   Link #135
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Probably no chance in Hades of Ryu getting her but I'll still hope for it...
I really hope he doesn't. That would be horrible.
Old 2008-11-12, 22:04   Link #136
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Best thing to hope for is that everyone in this gang of dysfunctional basketcases end up with some measure of happiness, whomever or whatever it may entail.
Old 2008-11-12, 22:12   Link #137
destiny4everlove

Episode 6

Was Taiga mad because she was jealous of Ami or because they were ignoring her?

Lol! "Baka Chihuahua!!"

I wonder if Ami’s feelings for Ryuuji are real or fake. Does she like him for real? I really hope so, because I so want for someone to like Ryuuji in a romantic way.

I can't wait to watch the next episode!!

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
Old 2008-11-12, 22:12   Link #138
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx View Post
Best thing to hope for is that everyone in this gang of dysfunctional basketcases end up with some measure of happiness, whomever or whatever it may entail.
I kinda have mixed feelings on that. I would think that would make it kinda cliche', and I would prefer to be surprised. Unfortunately that also means not following stereotypical plot conventions and making some horrible ending, where almost everyone gets screwed over. Of course, if done right, I guess it could lead up to a horrible ending, but actually end good for all the chars, like KimiNozu.
Old 2008-11-12, 22:43   Link #139
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't mind a "good" tragic ending for a beloved character if its done well -- I hate the endings of pointlessness or ennui (whether or not they're more realistic).

Stupid examples:
Spock in ST:2 (great death; can't help it they brought him back later :P)
Kirk in ST:meh (stupid pointless death on a little pile of sand somewhere)

I did say they were stupid....

P.S. Extra points for ep 6 having more Sumire (head honcho) ... I feel like I should record her dialog and play it on large metal speaker horns mounted on a van toodling up and down the street.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-11-13 at 03:47.
Old 2008-11-14, 19:55   Link #140
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch the episode ! Lol "Come here stupid chihuahua" omg !!! Taiga likes dog
Seems like Kawarasumi like Tarasuku and why Taiga is shocked in the end? It prove that she feels something to Tarasuku ^^
Closed Thread