Tieria Erde x Regene Regetta 57 9.30%
Graham Aker x Gundam 136 22.19%
Ribbons x Aeolia Schenberg 41 6.69%
Others (please list) 83 13.54%
Lyle Dylandy x Anew Returner 78 12.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 613. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-09, 18:44   Link #2001
mike_s_6

If he ends up with Feldt and they dwell on their love story to make it not feel rushed, I would be utterly disappointed in the production. I personally want to fight back against all kinds of mush for the movie in favor of just a plain ol' good story (preferably about Innovators/Innovation/Mecha developers) and mecha fights, but then again, what can anyone do if they decide otherwise? One thing's for sure. They will not lay back on the animation to 00Q, because that must be their priority objective. For that alone I am hopeful for the movie.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 18:47   Link #2002
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Actually, you really should learn to reply to someone based on what they say and not what you think they're saying.

Back to the subject, I seriously think Setsuna's not ending up with anybody. He doesn't really need romantic love in his life, IMO. He seems much more content with making the world change into a better place than any individual relationships with anybody.

...I would laugh if he ended up with Feldt though because of the epic QQ that would ensue.
Blame Law School for that.

About Setsuna I agree but it's a Gundam. And well, after what we saw during the serie, it seems well handled relationship aren't really important for the writers. They'd better not write those, if it's to get rushed stuff.

Or they might make a move ala Lockon/Anew Timeskip FTW, yeaaah.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 08:57   Link #2003
solomonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
My whole point was that Feldt and Setsuna are even less involved, thus why I'd rather take a Marina ship that a Feldt one.
Quote:
Actually, you really should learn to reply to someone based on what they say and not what you think they're saying.

Back to the subject, I seriously think Setsuna's not ending up with anybody. He doesn't really need romantic love in his life, IMO. He seems much more content with making the world change into a better place than any individual relationships with anybody.

...I would laugh if he ended up with Feldt though because of the epic QQ that would ensue.

"Nena"XSetsuna end
She's still alive
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...93#post2851093
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...82#post2852382

Last edited by solomonh; 2010-01-10 at 09:13.
solomonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 01:52   Link #2004
Traece
:cool:

Personally I think this thread entirely is just bad juju. Every successful pairing in Gundam 00 ended up with a bullet in one of the participants faces.

On a side note, anyone else think it's kind of funny when you read the pairings list and you see the name Feldt Grace? I mean I hate to point something of this sort out but I just can't scan the list and not immediately laugh when I see that.

But on topic, a lot of the romance in 00 was really good, and especially those relationships that occurred between the Meisters and their enemies. It's always interesting to see a romance between members of two opposing factions but in this case it was especially so because the opposing factions were the world and a group of so-call "terrorists". Now if they could just stop KILLING all the pairings...
Old 2010-01-12, 20:36   Link #2005
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
The thing is, the openings and everything showed Setsuna and Marina, but it didn't necessarily have to be romantic.
Same can be said about Felt giving Setsuna that flower. I just don't see romance in it at all and like it was mentioned over and over again... it came way too late into the series. Even if they become canon in the movie I'll still never accept it simply because I like to see my romances develop and see their hardships.

It's why I never watched Seed and I don't plan on doing it either.
Old 2010-01-13, 06:20   Link #2006
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Ismail View Post
Same can be said about Felt giving Setsuna that flower. I just don't see romance in it at all and like it was mentioned over and over again... it came way too late into the series.
The problem with this logic is, it was confirmed that Feldt has a crush on Setsuna. So it can put the giving of the flower in a different light (although clearly it would be one-sided as Setsuna has no such feelings as of now), whereas there is no such confirmation of anything Marina feels and thus, every interaction between Setsuna and Marina can be taken as platonic.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 12:33   Link #2007
mike_s_6

I actually saw this coming, but only Amy and Deborah (I believe I posted my forecast along some stuff in the LJ 00 community but not many seemed to care ). And since I thought that was predictable, I'd naturally side with the other, more so since Robert's a mechanic, and Deborah's a pilot, and I've always loved that kind of dynamic. I used to hate Amy before since I thought he was seriously a disaster, but having read more about him, he's just your usual comic reliever/disaster magnet, kinda like Patrick, and I have been liking his character more recently.

Maybe I should have posted this in the side story thread :P
Old 2010-01-27, 02:49   Link #2008
furato
Chronic Googler

We only have little knowledge about 00V's Amy, Deborah and Robert in English so naturally not a lot of people care about them, ehehe. Me included even though I love Deborah's Advanced GN-X a lot.

But if Deborah rejected both of them, then that's one more thing Billy & Robert can bond about besides robots
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 03:24   Link #2009
mike_s_6

I have actually picked up the dictionary in trying to read the lines on that image so I *might* translate it completely for the lulz. I'm personally also getting lost in all the side stories that I don't remember much about them myself, but after all of it, I just seem to remember Amy and his tiny misadventures
Old 2010-01-29, 04:45   Link #2010
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina Ismail View Post
Same can be said about Felt giving Setsuna that flower. I just don't see romance in it at all and like it was mentioned over and over again... it came way too late into the series. Even if they become canon in the movie I'll still never accept it simply because I like to see my romances develop and see their hardships.

It's why I never watched Seed and I don't plan on doing it either.
Wait...Romance in Seed are nowhere near to those in 00.
Actually if you follow Openings, in Seed, you'll end up with viable pairings :'P
And there is devellopment, at least for two pairings. The other main one is...well, not really a pairing in the end but only in GSD (But GSD is made of fail anyway) and that's about it. So don't let your prejudice let you miss an awesome anime :')

And Seed is awesome, way more awesome than 00 was (Yeah 00 has to be one of the only Gundam I didn't like in the end. With G Gundam.)

Old 2010-01-29, 06:23   Link #2011
furato
Chronic Googler

00, even 00 S2, is better than SEED to me, let alone GSD. But that, like yours, is subjective. And while SEED romance gets more airtime and exposition than 00, because I don't get attached to the characters the pairings don't quite grip me as well. Well, except the one GSD trampled on.

Back to 00...

The 2nd Meister's Portrait book featuring Lockon is released a few days ago, and it includes these charts (not all about romance but it's relationships), so maybe this thread would be interested in it:

There's also the descriptions of both Lockon's relationships with characters in Japanese, I can post it if anyone's interested.
Old 2010-01-29, 06:31   Link #2012
Julao

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
00, even 00 S2, is better than SEED to me, let alone GSD. But that, like yours, is subjective. And while SEED romance gets more airtime and exposition than 00, because I don't get attached to the characters the pairings don't quite grip me as well. Well, except the one GSD trampled on.

Back to 00...

The 2nd Meister's Portrait book featuring Lockon is released a few days ago, and it includes these charts (not all about romance but it's relationships), so maybe this thread would be interested in it:

There's also the descriptions of both Lockon's relationships with characters in Japanese, I can post it if anyone's interested.
I hope someone would translate these..

BTW what does the colored lines indicate??
Julao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 07:13   Link #2013
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:

Back to 00...

not happy that haro is not included in the chart. He had the best relationship with both of the dylandy bros. He was their sniping partner after all.
Old 2010-01-29, 07:24   Link #2014
mike_s_6

Quote:
DO YOU HAVE TO ASK Please do!
Old 2010-01-29, 08:35   Link #2015
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julao View Post
BTW what does the colored lines indicate??
Now that you mention it. Wat the friggin' pink lines. This is not even Pash!

The lines have texts, some of them that Lockon said to that person, or something that denotes his relationship to the person. It isn't very interesting to be frank.
Old 2010-01-29, 09:33   Link #2016
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:

Back to 00...

Sure, it's totally subjective (but let's not drag GSD and its massive fail to this.), and since for me the OST is a major part of the thing, no need to explain why GS is a masterpiece in my book.

Now, about romance, while a lack of romance doesn't bother me, when there are some, I like them to be well written. And since it's the subject here, in G 00...can't help but think they'd better have put this aside. Saji/Louise and Alle/Soma on the side others are...well. A do not want, especially in the second season.

Old 2010-01-29, 09:53   Link #2017
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Sure, it's totally subjective (but let's not drag GSD and its massive fail to this.), and since for me the OST is a major part of the thing, no need to explain why GS is a masterpiece in my book.

Now, about romance, while a lack of romance doesn't bother me, when there are some, I like them to be well written. And since it's the subject here, in G 00...can't help but think they'd better have put this aside. Saji/Louise and Alle/Soma on the side others are...well. A do not want, especially in the second season.
so in other words you like the OST the most about GSD correct?

I think when it comes to romantic songs featured in the series, GSD does have some good ones which are ideal for romance.

00 also has a few good romantic themed songs as well like trust you and love today which i quite liked
Old 2010-01-29, 11:12   Link #2018
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Now that you mention it. Wat the friggin' pink lines. This is not even Pash!

The lines have texts, some of them that Lockon said to that person, or something that denotes his relationship to the person. It isn't very interesting to be frank.
Well, it's Animage, so mostly it's just as good as any magazine analysis. But charts are fun

As for the descriptions...
Spoiler for Neil:
Spoiler for Lyle:
Disclaimer: Source is anonymous at 2ch with all that entails. Not sure if this is paraphrased or direct quote. Only scans posted are the TOC, the cover and those 2 charts.
Old 2010-02-05, 00:21   Link #2019
mike_s_6

^Before I move on, thanks for those, but they're also just plain descriptions of the relationships.

And, the 2ch snippets:

[NOTE: I didn't research the names so they might be really off]

Top row:

Kouga: The relationship of Feldt and Setsuna (in episode 47, "For the Future") is interesting...

Mizushima: Is it love? It's not (lol). At least at that point in time. When she thought about to which Meister to send the flower to, it became Setsuna by process of elimination. It appeared to her that he's in the most imminent danger. At the transition[1] start, seeing him so determined, she purely thought, "I want him to come back safely". That's it. When she said, "I wonder if Marina will get angry," it came from her honest feelings.

Kouga: As a director, which character do you like?

Mizushima: Personally, when I thought about it, it's Marina, but... she's low [2] isn't she? Since the scenes with Katharon are only a few, consequently, her scenes also became few. As a result, it appears that the scenes in my mind were not handled on a grand scale. I feel sorry for that.

Kouga: Marina does not have much to her? Because she occupies a special place in Setsuna's mind (lol).

[1] I'm not sure what transition/change is being described here, but I thought it's a "scene transition".
[2] I was thinking perhaps "low in ranking", but as some suggested, perhaps "lying low".

Second row:

[Blurry]

Third row, starting from first question:

Scriptwriter Kuroda says that "there is no romantic emotion".

Mizushima: Just like that. During that time, Feldt gave a flower to Setsuna as a "comrade". Feldt has different emotions for each of the Meisters. Among them, Feldt's outlook resembles Setsuna's whose age is closest to hers. Just before the great final battle where the all the Meisters might have died, Allelujah has Marie, Lyle has Anew, and Tieria is not human (lol), so the only companion that she could straightly run to, was Setsuna. Her line that goes, "I wonder if Marina will get angry" is not about a girl who feels guilty for an illicit love. There might be a misunderstanding, but that is what it is.

Fourth row, image at the right:

Abegawa: I see.

Mizushima: She put into the flower that she gave to Setsuna her earnest wish, saying "I want you to return alive". During the recording of that scene, the VA Takagaki asked, "How long have I liked Setsuna?" with teary eyes and I was stumped (smirk). I explained to her, and we received a very good performance from her.

Abegawa: There is a great uproar among the fans. They say, "This is the coming of a new romance!"

Mizushima: Everyone's heads is too corrupted with thoughts on love (lol).

Fourth row, image at the left:

Abegawa: The relationship of Setsuna and Marina, that isn't love too?

Mizushima: Yup, strictly speaking, it isn't. I think that it might be a stage of understanding before love, but will these two feelings intersect ahead of that point?

Takizawa: The fans say, "If the status is just as penpals, then that's lonely..."

Abegawa: In the first place, is Setsuna able to love anyone?

Mizushima: That's a tough question. Because practically, the heart of a child soldier is terribly distorted. All through his life, no matter what he does, he has to carry wounds that don't heal. He lost family and friends in front of his eyes at a very young age, and those hands are heavily stained with blood... Setsuna is like that too.

Last edited by mike_s_6; 2010-02-05 at 01:09.
Old 2010-02-05, 01:47   Link #2020
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, looks like the SetsunaxFeldt fans all got a major kick in the balls there.