AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2008-01-01, 00:16   Link #221
anselfir
Style Über Alles

pah.
Spoiler:
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 22:08   Link #222
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

In chapters 158 and 159, we are introduced to a new character, first year Hibino Fuyumi (one year kouhai to Hayate and friends). How should I define her?
Spoiler for Slight spoiler about Hibino Fuyumi:

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2008-01-20 at 23:08. Reason: Adding Fuyumi pic
dahl_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 22:01   Link #223
-Breakthrough-

Ch 160's some flashback chapter of Shiori and Maria from their high school days. I have to say....

Spoiler:

-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 01:36   Link #224
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Chapter 160
Spoiler for 160:
Old 2008-01-30, 05:16   Link #225
zst

actually posted this inappropriately in the generic thread....

just wondering about the chances of hayate's ex-girlfriend when young turning out to be somebody he knows

Spoiler for hayate's ex-girlfriend suspects:

Last edited by zst; 2008-01-30 at 08:29. Reason: image layout
zst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 20:13   Link #226
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Yay! finally a Hina episode, and quite funny too! Chapter 162.
Spoiler for Chapter 162:
Old 2008-02-25, 07:59   Link #227
Highlygifted

Erm... would someone mind telling me what volume this is currently up to? I've just finished Vol.14 RAW, and I thought thats all thats released at the moment, yet the recent summaries are unknown to me.

So to sum it up, is it Vol.15 now? And where do you people get these? (I know it's licensed and stuff, but I don't think I can wait until ViZ catches up, and by then, the story might be over with.) V_V
Highlygifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 10:24   Link #228
Hyuver

The newest volume is still vol 14, all those summaries came from the magazine issue that hasn't been made to tankobon(comic volume)
Hyuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 16:59   Link #229
Highlygifted

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.
Old 2008-02-29, 12:05   Link #230
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chap 164 is absolutely brilliant!

Spoiler for ridiculously brief points:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 17:47   Link #231
Highlygifted

Spoiler for Ch.164:

I just wish that my Chinese was better so I can read it without having to guess so much. V_V

Last edited by Highlygifted; 2008-02-29 at 21:25.
Old 2008-03-01, 03:09   Link #232
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlygifted View Post
Spoiler for Ch.164:

If I'm not wrong, I think he got them from Ayumu last year...
Old 2008-03-01, 03:13   Link #233
Arnaiyus
Golden Justice

Gosh how much I'd pay to see some of these Moe-Hina scenes D:...
Old 2008-03-01, 11:00   Link #234
Mentar
Banned

Very cute chapter ... but the catch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Spoiler for ridiculously brief points:
Yes, but....

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 12:07   Link #235
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Very cute chapter ... but the catch:

Yes, but....

Spoiler:
I know I know...

Quote:
Spoiler:

Hina wasn't the only one, I was literally went "OH SHI-!!!" when Hayate told her the truth. But thankfully, he was able to salvage the situation... What a relief!

Grabbing her hand was a nice touch too

Good job!

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-01, 13:16   Link #236
Highlygifted

It's a chapter like this that makes it sad to think how the ending is gonna turn out. Even though Hina is the favorite candidate among fans, and she HAS gotten many, many good moments with Hayate, the chances of her winning is still low.

First off, Maria is the only one who hasn't heard Hayate's confession of having a girlfriend at a very young age, IIRC. This provokes the odds of it being Maria. And after seeing Maria during high-school, one can't help but feel a connection between the enigma of a childhood love, and herself, showing how it was possible for her to change so much between school and now, gives the possibility the youth could've also gone change to become the Maria of today.

Putting aside Maria, comes Nagi. The whole story was based around Nagi and Hayate. I'm sure the mangaka knew that Hinagiku was gonna be big, and expected a strong fanbase, but to the point that Nagi is being put in the shadow..... I doubt that's going according to plan. Nagi is still in the spotlight here, and I don't think a sudden drop is going to happen. How is it possible to drop her when the story is revolving around her infatuation with Hayate.

And the last person we'll look at here, is HAMSTER!
She has a snowball's chance in August of winning this race, IMO. However, the establishment of the " first girl " is still not ready. She has been the one to have a crush on Hayate for the longest, yet the central character is assumed to be Nagi.

All and all, I doubt Hinagiku will win this, but I'm still rooting for it. I'll still be satisfied with Maria being the winner, but I find it hard to believe theres a way to have Nagi face the truth about how Hayate's relationship with her is more of a brother-sister one.

The last thing I'm gonna talk about is the ending. Will this series end, or is it going to be another School Rumble, where things are being milked to dust? It's sad to see series never reach the final stage, because theres always the stupid moment at the end of a moment that'll ruin all the current progress, *coughtrainticketcough*.

I'm also willing to stake a crudely made vase that the next chapter will be a Nagi one. Anyone care to bet?
Old 2008-03-01, 14:49   Link #237
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlygifted View Post
It's a chapter like this that makes it sad to think how the ending is gonna turn out. Even though Hina is the favorite candidate among fans, and she HAS gotten many, many good moments with Hayate, the chances of her winning is still low.
I don't think we'll get any "ending" to this show at all, at least anytime soon.

Quote:
First off, Maria is the only one who hasn't heard Hayate's confession of having a girlfriend at a very young age, IIRC. This provokes the odds of it being Maria.
Excuse me? ... this rabid and rude abusive brat, Maria? No way. Absolutely impossible.

Quote:
And after seeing Maria during high-school, one can't help but feel a connection between the enigma of a childhood love, and herself, showing how it was possible for her to change so much between school and now, gives the possibility the youth could've also gone change to become the Maria of today.
Maria is the one character who I consider IMPOSSIBLE for a Hayate final match. It would deprive Nagi of both her dream lover (Hayate) and surrogate mother (Maria) at the same time.

Quote:
Putting aside Maria, comes Nagi. The whole story was based around Nagi and Hayate. I'm sure the mangaka knew that Hinagiku was gonna be big, and expected a strong fanbase, but to the point that Nagi is being put in the shadow..... I doubt that's going according to plan. Nagi is still in the spotlight here, and I don't think a sudden drop is going to happen. How is it possible to drop her when the story is revolving around her infatuation with Hayate.
I'd say that Nagi is the clear intended match, look at how massively she's pushed in the anime.

In my opinion the mangaka didn't expect her to become the huge favorite of the fanbase. It's rather that she's a stroke of genius, a big crowd-pleaser. Therefore he can't really axe her. Also, she's the only character which constantly receives long-range story arcs with lasting character development (compared to the weeklies for the other characters, and the fairly random Nagi chapters).

Anyway, a Hina end run is only a pleasant dream. But a dream anyway
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 21:56   Link #238
Eleutheria
旅行癖

I recall reading somewhere that Kenjiro Hata that he wanted the anime to go on "forever" like any self-respecting shounen series.

I wouldn't mind having the manga go on forever, but then again, time actually seems to pass in Hayate, albeit slowly, so we may indeed be moving on a planned trajectory.

Myself, I'm betting that Hayate's long lost brother is Himegami.
Old 2008-03-02, 20:20   Link #239
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Maria is the one character who I consider IMPOSSIBLE for a Hayate final match. It would deprive Nagi of both her dream lover (Hayate) and surrogate mother (Maria) at the same time.
ironically both developments are not at all incompatible with a 'nagi grows up' storyline.

anyway, rich spoiled girl who is also quirky is not going to stay spoiled and quirky, unless we want to celebrate this snobbery nonsense that ranks quite high on the list of modern banalities. she's a setting, in the sense that her wealth and status frames the story, but she also has the aspect of her character that is lively as well. with the common fancies of youth and childhood. there is a sense that nagi will never come to a resolution, ever.

Last edited by anselfir; 2008-03-02 at 20:30.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 20:50   Link #240
Highlygifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
ironically both developments are not at all incompatible with a 'nagi grows up' storyline.

anyway, rich spoiled girl who is also quirky is not going to stay spoiled and quirky, unless we want to celebrate this snobbery nonsense that ranks quite high on the list of modern banalities. she's a setting, in the sense that her wealth and status frames the story, but she also has the aspect of her character that is lively as well. with the common fancies of youth and childhood. there is a sense that nagi will never come to a resolution, ever.
For Nagi to grow up so suddenly, and because of 2 closest people betraying her, that'd make her grow up in a wrong way. And no one really thinks of her as just the money snob in this story, since well..... a lot of characters also pack money. The thing is, her character is what we're picking at, and it's not the snobby rich girl that's posing a problem, but the fact she's a human girl that's 13 years old.

Tags
comedy, shounen