Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-08-22, 04:53   Link #7721
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I have a bad feeling about the HG Arios that it's going to be shoulder heavy because of its shoulder wings. HG Kyrios (at least, mine) has loose shoulders thanks to the transformations, and I hope Arios won't have the same problem
Mine doesn't have loose shoulders, at least so far, given that I've transformed it a fair number of times. (Although for my HG Kyrios the problem is having loose legs )

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:05   Link #7722
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
i put 1/100 kyrios as MS mode while Hg in MA mode :P
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:08   Link #7723
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I usually just keep my HG Kyrios in flight form anyway, far more stable, and looks better. ^^;

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-08-24, 04:38   Link #7724
GNWeapon
On Trial

Hmm I have this EX model Minerva for quite some time.. was thinking of getting started on it, and do without it's original colors.
I'm thinking of dosing it with the colors of the GN Arms/Ptolemaios colors (Blue/white stuff).
Is there any model or figure of that ship out there that I can make references with?

Thanks in advance.
GNWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 16:23   Link #7725
MeesesGlokmah

I have a few questions for you guys.

I recently found out a local hobby store now sells Gundams, and I saw some Master Grade ones that peaked my interest. I've never made an MG one, and am interested in getting one. They only had four that interest me, and they are:

MG Destiny, MG Impulse, MG Shin Musha, and MG Hi-Nu

My first question is what are good prices for these models? I can't remember the prices, but they range from $45 (Impulse?) to $70 (Hi-Nu). Second, which one should I get? I can only afford one. And lastly, are they hard to build? (I like a challenge)
MeesesGlokmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 18:45   Link #7726
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Finished it a couple of days ago, just posting some pics of this 1/100 Red Astray. Seriously, if you can, GET IT:

MeesesGlokmah: I would recommend you first get a couple of HG's to more o less get a vibe. Model kits aren't hard at all, but they do require patience and some work to make them look good (but duh, look who's talking, my first model was a MG Strike Freedom Full Burst so... )
As for the prices you mention... well, $45 for Impulse sounds like a good deal for me. My Hi-Nu was 80 bucks, so maybe you should go and get the one that is the most attractive to you.
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 18:50   Link #7727
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Speaking of Destiny, I got mine

yaay!
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 23:15   Link #7728
MeesesGlokmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
I would recommend you first get a couple of HG's to more o less get a vibe. Model kits aren't hard at all, but they do require patience and some work to make them look good (but duh, look who's talking, my first model was a MG Strike Freedom Full Burst so... )
As for the prices you mention... well, $45 for Impulse sounds like a good deal for me. My Hi-Nu was 80 bucks, so maybe you should go and get the one that is the most attractive to you.
Thanks for the feedback. I actually have a bunch of 1/144 HG kits, and only a couple of 1/100 HG kits. I really want to try an MG kit, though, which is why I'm asking. Ironically, my latest kit was a 1/144 Red Astray!

@Sir Dearka
That's a really nice Destiny! Seeing that makes my decision much harder.
MeesesGlokmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 01:55   Link #7729
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I just realized, does the upcoming HG for the 00 Gundam not include the beam sabers or the shield? I've seen the recent preview of the kit and it looks like the beam sabers are only the attachments at the butt, and the kit doesn't actually have the beam parts. The shield doesn't seem to be part of the kit at all. Seems like it might be better to wait for a better kit for the 00 at this rate.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 06:40   Link #7730
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

HG OO doesn't have the beam saber parts and the shield, that's why it's cheaper than Exia

I will get HG first and wait for the inevitable MG version
Old 2008-08-25, 07:48   Link #7731
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
upcoming 00 kits

frm official site
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 00:26   Link #7732
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Back view of the HCM-Pro Seravee?

Old 2008-08-26, 00:32   Link #7733
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Back view of the HCM-Pro Seravee?

So it's truly a Gundam Head and not a backpack-in-disguise. Now i'm convinced... But I have yet to know if it's really meant for gattai... I guess we'll wait for S2 to air first.

Wait a second..... are those LEGS below the backpack!!??

I'm seeing something else besides that Gundam head... There are LEGS below the backpack and those shoulder cannons seems to look like ARMS, seeing as they are connected to the "backpack"! Is there a GN-009 piggyback-ing the Seravee...?

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2008-08-26 at 00:37. Reason: Found out something fishy about that "backpack"
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 00:36   Link #7734
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
So it's truly a Gundam Head and not a backpack-in-disguise. Now i'm convinced... But I have yet to know if it's really meant for gattai... I guess we'll wait for S2 to air first.

Wait a second..... are those LEGS below the backpack!!??
The pic actually gives a bit more points to my other crack theory on the Backpack: That it's not actually a head, but a torso, and that the backpack is by itself the Seravee's version of the Nadleeh

Old 2008-08-26, 00:40   Link #7735
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The pic actually gives a bit more points to my other crack theory on the Backpack: That it's not actually a head, but a torso, and that the backpack is by itself the Seravee's version of the Nadleeh
Spotted some limbs and I've edited my post.
Old 2008-08-26, 00:42   Link #7736
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

does any1 has a gpo3d, that suit is freaking awesome
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 01:14   Link #7737
ElldenStorm

Here's a question. Is it possible that that whole Lineart, despite being ' 'Official' ' and all, isn't as official as it could be? Is it possible it's a smokescreen designed to camoflauge the new GN-009 until they're ready to unveil it in the actual series and throw us off of what we are expecting it to be? I could see them surrepticiously scripting it so we never get a good look at the backside of Seravee until, little remora suit pops out the back? Because I'm seeing alot of the same things you guys are and there's a world of difference between the Lineart and that Model. My only problem though, is that the shoulder bazookas appear to be functional weapons from what we've seen.

So has Bandai ever pulled a stunt like that?
ElldenStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 01:14   Link #7738
Iamjoe22

Hi guys, Mold has grown on one of my gundam models because my house was flooded a couple days back and i dunno how to remove it. I would like to know what would be safe to use to wash and clean off the mold on it.
Iamjoe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 01:22   Link #7739
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Sorry for mini-modding but two dudes are asking some qns on Gunpla, above me. Let's discuss about Seravee's backpack in the Discussions thread, I've moved this issue there.
Old 2008-08-26, 01:36   Link #7740
snarf2691

the back of seravee reminds me of gurren when it combines with lagann.
snarf2691 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy