AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-09-06, 23:32   Link #1
Grona
Big Damit!

Voting in polls and new users

Just a little thought since I am getting the impression that some people have multi-accounts on the go, Might wana restrict the voting in polls to members with a certan post count or that have been a member for a certan period.

Just figured I would suggest this with the 10th commin up and the new banner about to be decided.
Grona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 00:17   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

If we catch anyone with multiple accounts we ban them. We even IP block them if they don't get the hint.

If some lurker wants to register just so that they can vote in the new banner contest, then I'm glad that they are interested enough to register. I'll gladly accept their vote. We'll just have to run on an honor system.

Of course, if we actually catch anyone with more than 1 account, then we'd have to do something unpleasant and I wouldn't like that. Is it honestly worth the risk, just to vote for a banner?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 00:40   Link #3
Grona
Big Damit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
If we catch anyone with multiple accounts we ban them. We even IP block them if they don't get the hint.

If some lurker wants to register just so that they can vote in the new banner contest, then I'm glad that they are interested enough to register. I'll gladly accept their vote. We'll just have to run on an honor system.

Of course, if we actually catch anyone with more than 1 account, then we'd have to do something unpleasant and I wouldn't like that. Is it honestly worth the risk, just to vote for a banner?
Some people are stupid, nuff said.
Grona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 00:56   Link #4
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Being worried that someone might heist the winnings using multiple account methods seems like paranoia to me. Though it's plausible, I don't think its fair to keep new posters (who have just as much appreciation for banner aesthetics as anyone else) from voting.
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 08:09   Link #5
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa

Obviously yes if it were a contestant who would do such a thing. After all that $25 certificate is pretty nice. Let's try not to ban anyone this year or count their vote until the end then expsose them as the frauds they are then ban them.

After all, it's just like what Grona said. Some people are just that stupid/hard-headed.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 13:26   Link #6
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Obviously yes if it were a contestant who would do such a thing. After all that $25 certificate is pretty nice. Let's try not to ban anyone this year or count their vote until the end then expsose them as the frauds they are then ban them.
Why even bother going through all that when you can just ban them in the beginning? They broke the rules so they get banned. It works so much better that way instead of letting them continue what they're doing and possibly dashing the hopes of the person they were voting for.

Theatrics aren't needed, just ban the user and be done with it.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 20:11   Link #7
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Well I have a number of abodes, and a number or ISP accounts, thus a number of IP numbers.

Truth Is Im actually :Shay: :Sarcasteak: :Roots: ChibiDusk: And Hunter san all In one.

So what are you going to do about ppl like me eh?

Erm..Whats the topic again? Wow I typed the word ______ (Fill In gap) A lot in this post diden't I?

*Scratches head* I drink far too much.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 20:35   Link #8
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Chibidusk! How could you lie to me? I don't know who I am anymore. :run in the wall several times:

But seriously, Mr_Paper. It was a joke. You would know I would never allow them to get away for it for even a second. If anything they should be banned permanenty in both accounts. I actually hope for someone to do that because I want to yell at someone for something different. You can only yell at people so many times for asking for fansubs before it stops being fun but an annoyance.

Speaking of which did Sid_Burn ever knock it the hell off, or is he cleaverly under another account? The world may never know, but however the world knows how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie-Pop. It's 2755 and I counted it.

Now on topic.

Seriously people. Please don't cheat or you'll make Buddy Christ cry.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote