AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-06, 05:06   Link #961
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

LOL Andy is pulled back again just when he's finally a part of malexfemale gattai with Zessica. Maybe he'll get his first with Mix :3
And I love when Crea went all girly when she needs Zen input

As much as I like Amata & Mikono pair, but it'll be great to see dere Zessica next week <3

Let her become a head already on Aquarion please X3
Old 2012-02-06, 06:18   Link #962
mayumi

well atleast kagura recognizes that mikono is too delicate when silvia was not
i am looking forward to zessica using more of her "force" element. i wonder why they won't show her using it as much like caynenne, shrade or amata. i want to see her knock people out with it unless she has a complex that she doesn't like her element or something.

also note: zessica asking how old the chairman really is. haha.

have a hunch that mykage has other reasons for looking for kagura's bitch woman. probably not all good reasons. unless toma had real change of heart in these 12000 years. i feel izumo is maybe the father of alicia or something.

amata is going to be devastated when mikono runs off with kagura and we get some back story of why alicia also left him. talk about girls not waiting for 12000 years. heck maybe mikono wants to apologize is because silvia married some handsome guy after apollo left

i want zessica to be the head for the next form of aquarion but after all the mikono pandering, i have little expectations of it. i think mikono will get her chance first unless she runs awa with kagura first. i feel which ever girl gets to be the head first will probably reveal their past lives.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 07:06   Link #963
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Er...You also bring up the OS. You said, you believe Evol of a stand-alone show- yet OS is responsible for your conviction, that Amata is the Solar Wing. Because Kagura said " The wings of the sun" when Amata and Mikono were ascending and you see the wings for the first time--because of the same thing happening to Apollo in OS. I'm not disputing your opinion, I am just confused since you keep saying that OS events are not a huge factor, but it's those same events that is the basis of your opinion. You can't have it both ways. Either the OS is huge factor in EVOL or it isn't.
I keep mentioning the original series because the entire mythology that Aquarion is based on (including the eponymous mecha itself) and the way reincarnation, etc. works in the Aquarionverse(s) was established in the original series. The OVA has a different version of the backstory, with Scorpius and all, but the basic mythology was the same. So unless EVOL decides to break away from this mythology and have no reincarnation whatsoever, the original series will be a factor. What I'm saying is that the original cast won't necessarily be a huge factor, simply because Sousei is not very well-known. (Again, note that I'm not saying they won't be a factor at all, it's just that it wouldn't be a good idea to make EVOL depend too much on the original series.) And when I say I watch EVOL as a stand-alone I mean I stopped trying to make any more theories or look for hints everywhere, I just accept EVOL as it is and work with what the show gives me.

Quote:
It seems as most of you ("you" is generalization and not you personally) keep separating Apollo from Apollonius as if they're not the same person. So Kagura=Apollo & Amata=Not Apollo but Apollonius, which doesn't make sense since they're all the same person--if they're any part of Apollo--they're part of Apollonius.
See, this is one thing that we disagree on. *shrug* I really see no point in arguing about it any further, we will see how it turns out.

Quote:
I am just saying I think it's kind of fishy Amata hasn't been confirmed to be Apollionus.
Well, technically Kagura hasn't been confirmed to be Apollo either...

Re: Mykage and Izumo...
Spoiler for ep 6:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-02-06 at 07:24.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 08:00   Link #964
Ypocaramel

Spoiler for Reaigler:

Episode a lot better than I saw it live, no idea why.
Spoiler for Amata, Mikono and Kagura:
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 08:31   Link #965
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
i am looking forward to zessica using more of her "force" element. i wonder why they won't show her using it as much like caynenne, shrade or amata. i want to see her knock people out with it unless she has a complex that she doesn't like her element or something.
She was using it this episode, or at least its implied that her force was in use for the Spada to be as powerful as it was. I read, elsewhere, that what we saw from Episode 1 was a very special case, seeing as how it surprised even Zessica, and that that display was meant to show a resonance between her and Amata/Aquarion. So her power is in use in the background of most scenes because that's how it usually manifests, as a strengthening of sorts. The time we saw it physically manifest and slap Kagura, was an exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Spoiler for Amata, Mikono and Kagura:
Spoiler for Or:

Preview is definitely a troll...
Old 2012-02-06, 08:34   Link #966
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol Andy, go dig a hole and cry If this is going to be the running joke it's got to be one of the most cruel

Okay, I expected Amata to lose in a fight with Kagura outside of their mechs but at least he didn't lose his girl (great improvement from your previous series ) That sure was a gutsy move jumping off the tower- I mean, it could really have ended badly But Kagura... seriously, I know your VA is Daryl in another life, but you got to stop getting beat up in every episode that you played a prominent role in You're really starting to look bad...

On the topic about the triangle, both Amata and Mikono 'sensed' that they know Kagura from before. Subconsciously, Mikono wants to apologize to Kagura for something, but on a more conscious level she is terrified off him though thinks he's concern for her. Amata, whether or not he's just being influenced by those visions, is determine to not let Kagura take Mikono even if it means jumping off a skyscraper without a bungee. Kagura on the other hand... I'm not getting anything off from him except it's his mating season... And lets face it, flying beats smelling hands down when it comes to wooing girls

Shrade... Yeah... I'm very certain you're a nice guy... But you're a classic tortured bishounen character... >.> Plus I hate people that talks in music terminology... >.>

At the preview, looks like Zessica's weakness is ghost Lol, it's always the confident ones
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 08:55   Link #967
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Shrade... Yeah... I'm very certain you're a nice guy... But you're a classic tortured bishounen character... >.> Plus I hate people that talks in music terminology... >.>
ROFL...
What Kagura said on gg sub before Moonlight Requiem is exactly my thought XD

So there's still...... 3 spots left on the ending? The book of Aquarion, the candles, and Alicia. Sazanka is basically guaranteed to be there sooner or later, so that's left us for another 2 characters? Jin? Or maybe Yunoha and paperbag girl?
Not really sure if the book and Alicia's scene are meant to be filled though...
Old 2012-02-06, 09:07   Link #968
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
So there's still...... 3 spots left on the ending? The book of Aquarion, the candles, and Alicia. Sazanka is basically guaranteed to be there sooner or later, so that's left us for another 2 characters? Jin? Or maybe Yunoha and paperbag girl?
Not really sure if the book and Alicia's scene are meant to be filled though...
Candles is Frog/Yunoha, a picture of it was posted in this thread earlier.
The book I always found a bit peculiar in that it opens to Zessica, so it may not actually change and just be the book.
Alicia is either going to be Mykage or the gray haired dude who's name eludes me.
Old 2012-02-06, 09:08   Link #969
Ypocaramel

Yunoha might be getting her own episode, so I think the chances are high. Plus there's already the earlier screenie comparing the candles with Yunoha shot.
Old 2012-02-06, 09:14   Link #970
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Yunoha might be getting her own episode, so I think the chances are high. Plus there's already the earlier screenie comparing the candles with Yunoha shot.
I'm almost certain Yunoha's episode would be next week's- the set-up in the preview sounds vaguely familiar: School Urban legend, missing students, possible ghosts... Perfect misunderstanding set up.

Plus like I've said before, I won't be surprised if her Element is to control dolls or to disguise herself as a doll etc.

It'll be perfect if it turns out she's voice by Taketatsu Ayana, because it adds to my conspiracy theory
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 09:35   Link #971
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Spoiler for Or:
Spoiler for Love:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm almost certain Yunoha's episode would be next week's- the set-up in the preview sounds vaguely familiar: School Urban legend, missing students, possible ghosts... Perfect misunderstanding set up.
Oh, it's not "The interdimensional aliens are here and they want our women"?
Old 2012-02-06, 09:39   Link #972
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Candles is Frog/Yunoha, a picture of it was posted in this thread earlier.
The book I always found a bit peculiar in that it opens to Zessica, so it may not actually change and just be the book.
Alicia is either going to be Mykage or the gray haired dude who's name eludes me.
Quote:
Oh, I should've missed it. >.<
Do you guys remember which page is it again?
Thought Sazanka will be there
Old 2012-02-06, 10:03   Link #973
justavisitor

nice episode....I thought Mikono would have been kidnapped, especially when i saw the part where Amata left Mikono behind to board the plane (why can't he bring her to the plane also? Don't they have "element change" so Mikono (if she is on the plane) will be transferred to someplace safe at an instant? XD )

Andy can only pilot aquarion when Mix (and that frog) fights along with him I guess XD

Wonder how long it will take so Amata, Mikono, and Zessica can form the aquarion by themselves

P.S How come this anime doesn't make it to the sub-forum?
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 10:04   Link #974
Akarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Oh, I should've missed it. >.<
Do you guys remember which page is it again?
Thought Sazanka will be there

Looks like that frog cat will be Aquarion pilot.

Andy-Mix-Yunoha
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 10:09   Link #975
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

Well, technically Kagura hasn't been confirmed to be Apollo either...
[/SPOILER]
Actually he was confirmed to be Apollo
Mikono felt she knew him and...

The sun is a motif that is strongly associated with Apollo and Apollonius

When he made the claim Mikono was his woman, the setting sum began to glow behind him.

Also this moment--here confirmed he was Apollo more than any other moment

It's not just because Kagura is running on all fours

In the OS Rena(Crea) was blind and whenever they showed Apollo through her eyes, he looked like a beast--a dog

A new viewer wouldn't know this, but anyone whose seen the original would pick that up. Honestly because Amata doesn't have a smell. I think that he was created to cockblock Kagura and Mikono For some reason they seem to want to keep them apart. It seems that way...

Why doesn't he have a smell? It's as if he's not really human...not really alive

Shrade may be Sirus. He used Aquarion Mars--excuse me Aquarion Spada--which was Sirus's favorite, because it had a sword. However I am not sure that the "her" Kagura mentioned was Mikono or Otoha's Reincarnation

If it was Mikono he was talking about, then I believe that Reika is Cayenne and Mikono is Sylvia and so is Shrade, only this time they're not from the same family.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 10:17   Link #976
miketyson

Finally got a chance to catch up with my shows. This episode was full of fabulous and I liked it.

I like Amata more the more I see of him, can't say the same about Kagura. Mikono's behavior fits the spoilers well enough I'll take the earlier spoilers as legit, but refuse to talk about her (or them) beyond that. I will say that based on how women are treated on Altair it's probably best for Mikono if she doesn't go with Kagura, but there's still a lot we don't know.

After this episode I'm having something of a theory form: I'm pretty sure that (a) Kagura and Amata are "the same" or closely related, and I'm pretty sure that (b) Jin and Schrade are "the same". Not sure about Mikono, or Zessica, or anyone else, although I find the resemblance between Izumo and Zen suspicious.

Question for veterans: would Apollonius have approved of what Apollo wound up doing (in the OS or the OVAs)? I ask b/c if the double-reincarnation theory pans out (such that Kagura is Apollo and Amata is Apollonius, instead of being some kind of "split-reincarnation"), it's possible that Apollonius disapproved of how Apollo handled things and these memories are "leaking" into Amata.

And, calling it in advance: Schrade's music will help people find their true feelings.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 10:24   Link #977
Kyuuen

I'm going to rewatch season 1, anyone has a guide on which non-plot episodes I can skip?
Kyuuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 10:30   Link #978
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post

Looks like that frog cat will be Aquarion pilot.

Andy-Mix-Yunoha
Ah thanks, didn't realized the similarity before XDD

If the book and Alicia scene will be changed, the best candidate probably Jin for Alicia since he's so into her and... Sazanka for the book, because she looked like an important character. Since all students in the end of the OP were already on the ED with the exception of her
Old 2012-02-06, 10:32   Link #979
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Finally got a chance to catch up with my shows. This episode was full of fabulous and I liked it.

Question for veterans: would Apollonius have approved of what Apollo wound up doing (in the OS or the OVAs)? I ask b/c if the double-reincarnation theory pans out (such that Kagura is Apollo and Amata is Apollonius, instead of being some kind of "split-reincarnation"), it's possible that Apollonius disapproved of how Apollo handled things and these memories are "leaking" into Amata.

And, calling it in advance: Schrade's music will help people find their true feelings.
apollo handled things a lot better than apollonius did apollo was bit wild but he saved his girl or rather she saved herself and sirius, toma and apollo. he also saved the world in TV series.

In ova apollo, silvia, reika made whole new universe. don't know what happened to them after that though. i can't remember.

regarding kagura being complete apollo, i think it is misleading. this far into the future cloning is definetely possible especially if they had data on apollo from his past life. like say silvia who lived wrote another book.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 10:33   Link #980
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Actually he was confirmed to be Apollo
Mikono felt she knew him and...
Amata felt also he knew him. There is too much Apollo characteristics that it smells a misleading bait.

And it looks like you fell for it hook line and sinker.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction