AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-19, 10:10   Link #821
Sumeragi
Banned

Running the Panther II. I like its mobility.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 10:32   Link #822
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Finally ELC is on my garage now

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 11:48   Link #823
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Prepare to get a lot of scout medals and also to die a lot if you're not good at handling the vehicle. Accidentally running into even another light tank can spell instant doom..

So I went ahead and bought the Tiger H in addition to the Tiger P, swapping my crew between the two. I actually quite like the H, although I haven't gotten full use out of it as I'm still on the stock engine so I'm incredibly slow right now..

I'm also rolling in the Black Prince, oh boy, anything Tier 7 and below takes quite a long time to get through my armor and hit points. Tier 7 TDs and Tier 8's just eat me alive. Side-scraping doesn't work very well on such high penetration guns..

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 11:56   Link #824
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Running the Panther II. I like its mobility.
You mean the Panther-shaped cardboard box?

Get the second turret, mount the Tiger's gun, and play it like a fast Tiger. I once hid my hull behind a rock and killed a Patton and an M26 single-handedly that way.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 11:56   Link #825
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Prepare to get a lot of scout medals and also to die a lot if you're not good at handling the vehicle. Accidentally running into even another light tank can spell instant doom..
That pretty much my playing style anyway

Anyway i shall continue my US TD line along with German MT line

I probably stop on VK DB for German MT so I am prepare for Leopard line

For US TD is hall continue turreted line until T28 where i cross and get T95

Some British tank is amphibious right?

Old 2012-12-19, 12:04   Link #826
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
couldn't resist to post this

Old 2012-12-19, 12:07   Link #827
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Thought stock ELC is kinda slower than I expected

Old 2012-12-19, 13:19   Link #828
LeoXiao
思想工作

I got my ELC for free with a new slot and 100% crew due to an update. It was stock but had everything researched. I pressed "battle"by instinct and only afterwards did I bother to see the final gun and engine.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 14:47   Link #829
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So those who got a Tiger P, how do you think it compares to the Tiger H and vice versa?

I mean yes, the extra armor is nice, but does it warrant the sacrifice of agility?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 15:21   Link #830
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ So, I have to get my Tiger H fully upgraded to give you a proper comparison, but so far based on my experience as well as my research, I'd have to actually go with the Tiger P. I'm a bit surprised by this as well considering I just recently got the H and was thinking I'd appreciate it more.

They both have the same gun. The Tiger H has better acceleration and slightly higher top speed. Both are weak to the sides and the rear ..

But importantly, I'm surprised at how big a difference the armoring makes in the case of this vehicle.. I've noticed one thing beyond sheer numerical armor differences is the fact that often as the Tiger H, a straight frontal hull penetration will take out your engine! The damage on engine fires or frankly the fact that it so readily gets incapacitated makes the difference in movement speed to me moot. The Tiger is a moderate to good sniper/flanker .. but the Tiger P can do both of those jobs as well and can also brawl. The front mounted turret on the P also helps with peek-a-boo.

Compare:
http://wotarmory.com/2012/08/31/last...ld-of-tanks/2/
http://wotarmory.com/2012/04/30/the-...tion-report/2/

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 16:37   Link #831
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
You mean the Panther-shaped cardboard box?
After bouncing off five rounds from a T-62A (although eventually killed by a JgPzE100), I have to say it isn't that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Get the second turret, mount the Tiger's gun, and play it like a fast Tiger.
Doing exactly that.
Old 2012-12-19, 16:43   Link #832
Gravitas Free Zone

I should have invested more crew bonuses into the repair skill, but having now had two StuGs take multiple crits and end up with 50% engine power, there are some things better dealt with using repair kits...

Though that 50% engine StuG got Top Gun.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 16:49   Link #833
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Ace ace baby...

In other news I finally bought both the Wolverine and the T49 and of the two the Wolverine definitely seems like the better tank so far and the only thing the T49 has going for it is its lower profile and its speed (with the upgraded engine).

Think I'll go for the Jackson next with that lovely 90mm.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 18:28   Link #834
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
but the Tiger P can do both of those jobs as well and can also brawl. The front mounted turret on the P also helps with peek-a-boo.
So I am wondering, is the P's agility that much worse or can it be seen as comparable. If thats the case, I am actually planning to acquire the P just for Tier 7 matches...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-19, 18:29   Link #835
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Tempted to try out the American turreted TD line, but I'm still nowhere near the Easy-8, plus the DB after the VK3601 H (to give me a bridge to the Panther). A goal for another time, I suppose.

Oh, and it really does pay to keep lower-tiered tanks around, since I can platoon with friends that are just starting out. Though, I have to say, adjusting back to the Pz38 (t) or the Pz35(t) and their speed can be... interesting, to say the least.
Old 2012-12-19, 18:30   Link #836
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
since I can platoon with friends that are just starting out. Though, I have to say, adjusting back to the Pz38 (t) or the Pz35(t) and their speed can be... interesting, to say the least.
I still have the Pz35 just for playing with lower tier pals...

Though I have less opportunity to do that these days. I wonder if I should sell it ><

- Tak

Old 2012-12-19, 18:38   Link #837
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Given how I've been getting used to the ponderousness of both the Tiger and the VK 3601 H, yeah, the agility of the Pz 38 (t) needs some personal adjustment, ESPECIALLY after I accidentally flew off, full-speed, off one of the cliffs Provence.
Old 2012-12-19, 20:51   Link #838
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
In other news I finally bought both the Wolverine and the T49 and of the two the Wolverine definitely seems like the better tank so far and the only thing the T49 has going for it is its lower profile and its speed (with the upgraded engine).
I actually love the T49 more due to that reason. Their gun isn't much different, but the speed makes it easy to confuse the enemy with my constantly flanking and scouting. I got most of my confederate medals from that tank alone.

You know, among the scouts, the one I hate to face the most is ELC AMX. Unless that thing is in my 100m range, there is no way I could hope to hit it. Not to mention their gun is the pain in the ass.
Old 2012-12-19, 22:49   Link #839
Awrya
U mad?

Just a quick question about premium tanks.
When they are purchased, the crew starts at 100% and you have the option of accelerated crew training. It also says that any experience earned will be converted to free experience.
Does this mean that when accelerated training is off, instead of the usual 5% of experience earned, 100% of experience earned in battle is converted to free experience?
So if I earned 2000 in battle, instead of 100, 2000 will be added to free experience?
Old 2012-12-19, 22:50   Link #840
Sumeragi
Banned

You need gold to convert the accumulated exp into free exp.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks