AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-05, 13:01   Link #1
yepimasissy

Anyone know of animes like the following

been watching a fair few animes lately and have found that theres 5 i really like, was wondering if anyone knew of any that are almost like them.

- Fate stay night
- Shakugan no Shana
- Zero no Tsukaima
- Mai Otome
- Hayate no Gotoku

All these animes have something of a "Guardian theme".
Animes that invole a fair bit of action and romance is prefered and a Fantasy theme would be a big plus.
i also prefer that the "Guardian" ends up playing the main char.(this is not a must)

if anyone knows of any others out there please post.

thanks S.
Old 2007-09-05, 14:38   Link #2
retardation
phantom loser

this is a bit more on the classy side, but try noein.
Old 2007-09-05, 16:14   Link #3
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Hmm, there's Utawarerumono

fantasy, action, drama, slight romance
Old 2007-09-05, 17:04   Link #4
yepimasissy

hate what seems to be the lead male but dam the lead female is a cutie haha will watch more

thanks for the recomendation cheezy only about 6 mins into the first ep atm
Old 2007-09-05, 17:43   Link #5
Echoes

Have you considered Shingetsutan Tsukihime? There's a lot of the guardian aspect involved, and it's also got both romance and fantasy.
Old 2007-09-05, 17:57   Link #6
yepimasissy

ill check it out now echoes thanks
Old 2007-09-05, 18:09   Link #7
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
just adding...

Tsubasa Chronicles s1
---> TRC s2 ~ romance/fantasy/adventure
Old 2007-09-05, 18:26   Link #8
yepimasissy

Was also told to watch that a while back but i dont know why i have never watched it only been watching anime now for about 2-3 weeks but i have watched atleast 20-25 different ones.(series not eps )
guess theres so much to watch, i havent even started watching naruto/bleach that my friends keep raving about >< just not interested in watching somthing if it turns out to be really crap after a big hype.
using these forums and asking u guys i have found animes i would never of thought of guess i would of followed the "Trend" and turned into one of those people that just raves about one certain anime and knows nothing else.
i am checking all the ones u told me to check out im liking this Utawarerumono one atm somthing about cute girls with fox/puppie ears ...

if u think of anymore please post ^^

thanks S.
Old 2007-09-06, 00:50   Link #9
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
You might also like Rozen Maiden

It's got fantasy, drama, fair bit of action but not much of romance.
It has some of the "guardian theme" you mentioned.
Old 2007-09-06, 10:20   Link #10
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I am not going to recommend either Bleach or Naruto ... Naruto is crap and Bleach is somewhat decent, but in the end there are a lot better titles to watch out there. As for suggestions ...

I second Tsubasa Chronicles.

Erementar Gerad - fantasy/adventure/romance
Mai-HiME - action/fantasy/some romance
Busou Renkin - action/some romance
You can also try Blood+ - action/adventure/fantasy
Old 2007-09-06, 14:51   Link #11
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Isn't Serei no Moribito higly praised, and has a guardian theme as well? That's what I hear of it though, as I can't get past eps 5 IIRC.

But I second Noein, which IMO is an underappreciated anime. Utawarerumono and Tsukihime are also getting seconded.

Others I can approve are...
Kage Kara Mamoru - C'mon, the title translates to 'To Protect from the Shadows' or something along those lines, for crying out loud. More comedy than anything else, just like Hayate. XD

Twelve Kingdoms - Yep, the story revolves around a girl and her guardian (my #1 show of all time atm) Not a lot of romance (its there, but its very subtle), but definitely action and fantasy.

Kamichama Karin - Another one with guardians (two of them in fact), though it's a bit on the shoujo side so be warned. Fantasy mostly, some action and some romance

Akazukin - Definitely fallls under that criteria as well, and you've got Kugimiya back as Ringo (if you didn't know already, she's in three of your favorites). Lots of battles, its fantasy, and just a bit of romance

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-09-06, 16:11   Link #12
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Isn't Serei no Moribito higly praised, and has a guardian theme as well? That's what I hear of it though, as I can't get past eps 5 IIRC.
Yes, the main character is a female bodyguard in her late twenties charged with protecting a young (12?) prince endangered by a malevolent spirit. Fantasy, drama, and occasional action, but no real romance (at least through ep 20 or so). A number of episodes have extended conversational sequences which some people, though not me nor the folks in the SnM thread, find "dry." On the other hand, the production values are quite impressive. Watch the first three episodes before deciding whether to stick with it for a while.

SnM is "pre-licensed" (the licensing agreement for R1 was made before the show aired) so you won't find a link to it on the main AS page.

Of course, many of you know I'd endorse Noein and Junni Kokki ("Twelve Kingdoms") as well. I don't think of Noein as a "guardian" show since Haruka is a pretty powerful and feisty person on her own, but I guess her relationship with Karasu could be considered a "guardian" one.
Old 2007-09-07, 00:24   Link #13
yepimasissy

Started watching Tsubasa Chronicles yesterday currently up to Season 2 Ep 15 and im loving it except i sense a very evil thing looming ahead somthing along the lines of syaoran going evil because of his past and turning on everyone.

will start on the others after this one i usually watch a few at a time just to avoid getting a little bored but i wanna watch all of this one.

keep them comming if u know anymore already started a playlist.

by the way would anyone be able to tell me the "Types" of animes out there everyone is saying stuff like ecchi and harem i get those two but the others i have no clue.

thanks S.
Old 2007-09-07, 05:45   Link #14
yepimasissy

Tsubasa Chronicles.....
god dam them for not ending itwatched S1 and S2 and its still not over then im hearing rumors were not getting it till 2008
then im also hearing rumors they have pulled the plug on the anime .

i was told to go read the manga is it in english ? if so will it give me any closing on this awesome show ?.

thanks S.
Closed Thread