AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-12, 19:10   Link #9881
lovecakecookies

I do find it odd that Lulu still didn't reply to her question honestly yet....they are dragging that part.. first was a lie, second was silence, third times a charm right? he will later at some point.. its inevitable... but what he will say is the question..
Old 2008-09-12, 19:12   Link #9882
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace-X View Post
I really do wish Kallen and Lelouch fall in love and share their true feelings with eachother before it's all over. I think Lelouch is probably on a path of self destruction and wishes to protect her like he did when he was betrayed.

I guess Kallen and Suzaku could somehow come out together, or Lelouch with C.C., fulfilling her true wish, not to die, but to be loved.

I don't really see a Kallen and Gino being possible, maybe as strong allies hoping to save their friends, but as a couple I can't see it.

Knowing how most of these series turn out I know I probably won't get my wish of a Kallen x Lelouch, but I can still hope. *Looks at his previous hopes of Cagalli and Athrun ending up together in SEED Destiny*
There is that interview with Kallen's VA. She was told by the director that Kallen doesn't realize she's in love with Lelouch until after they kiss.
That doesn't come out in the dialog.

What would be the point of just now having Kallen realize she is in love? This wasn’t just the VA’s speculation. It was the director telling her the motivation of the character. You’d think the director would have a reason for putting that kind of motivation so late in the series. If nothing would come of it the motivation would be pointless. That is unless it comes into play later.

I just don't see what that would say about Kallen's character. It seems she took two to three years to realize she's in love with Lelouch, and she suddenly goes to another guy within the span of a day or two?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
I do find it odd that Lulu still didn't reply to her question honestly yet....they are dragging that part.. first was a lie, second was silence, third times a charm right? he will later at some point.. its inevitable... but what he will say is the question..
Well his silence showed he wouldn't lie to her.
Old 2008-09-12, 19:16   Link #9883
Fayto
Kallen fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
You mean Mosaic Kakera? She was in....as chibi-Karen, with her mother, Ougi and Naoto...
Nope. The one with chibi Kallen is the first ED (Ali Project, Yuukyou Seishunka). In Mosaic Kakera there is no image of her.

I just watched them both to verify, believe me
Fayto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 19:17   Link #9884
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
No way Kallen and Suzaku have anything. At least Gino has some friendly conversations with Kallen. She outright hates Suzaku as it is.
I'd say they have more than Kallen and Gino. To be fair both possibilities are miniscule at best and she'd be better off being with her mother than being forced into anything. Lelouch or her mother, that's really it.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 19:17   Link #9885
lovecakecookies

They better make that point about Kallen clear in the next episode.. otherwise how the hell is anyone going to know? A lot of people think she gave up her feelings (I thought it was a possibility too at first) ... and supposedly the kiss was done on a whim from Kallen... Dunno where the Director is going on this one..
Old 2008-09-12, 19:19   Link #9886
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayto View Post
Nope. The one with chibi Kallen is the first ED (Ali Project, Yuukyou Seishunka). In Mosaic Kakera there is no image of her.

I just watched them both to verify, believe me
Oh...Sou desu ka....I'm sorry...
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 19:29   Link #9887
yvj
U Mad?

Kalulu slogan: There's got to be a good reason that......
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 19:32   Link #9888
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
That about covers it.
Old 2008-09-12, 19:36   Link #9889
Var
Banned

Quote:
Kalulu slogan #0: Var said so.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 19:39   Link #9890
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
That's true. Like, why is it Kallen's kiss finally came so late in the series, after two teases earlier, if it didn't lead to anything?
Old 2008-09-12, 19:42   Link #9891
NoLongerSane

What I am looking for in these remaining episodes for Kallen would be closure for her and Suzaku in their piloting rivalry. I have really enjoyed having those two battle each other, but now is the time to see who the writers will choose is the better pilot.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 19:45   Link #9892
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
What I am looking for in these remaining episodes for Kallen would be closer for her and Suzaku in their piloting rivalry. I have really enjoyed having those two battle each other, but now is the time to see who the writers will choose is the better pilot.
Sadly, I don't think they are going to do that.. probably just do what they always do, have them tie or maybe some interruption... but right now they finally do have equally matched mechs, so now would be the time to settle things..but Suzaku is always going to have the upper hand: Live Geass
Old 2008-09-12, 19:46   Link #9893
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

If Suzaku is still an enemy in the general sense, then he should go down. Not die if it can be helped, but I think, for him, it would be better if he were rendered incapable of fighting. As long as he can fight, Suzaku will get in the way.
Old 2008-09-12, 19:54   Link #9894
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
If Suzaku is still an enemy in the general sense, then he should go down. Not die if it can be helped, but I think, for him, it would be better if he were rendered incapable of fighting. As long as he can fight, Suzaku will get in the way.
Of what? Her trying to stop Lelouch from sacrificing himself to change the world for the better because of her feelings, that's selfish don't ya think? I really do believe she needs to get enlighten on the whole situation before her confrontation with Suzaku because it will make her the one who is getting in the way instead of Suzaku.
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 19:57   Link #9895
NoLongerSane

Well, from all indications in the preview from the upcoming episode, one can guess the reason why Kallen is with Gino is that they are going to try to talk to their friends one last time to stop what they are doing.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 20:00   Link #9896
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
Of what? Her trying to stop Lelouch from saving the world because of her feelings, that's selfish don't ya think? I really do think she needs to get enlighten on the whole situation since her confrontation with Suzaku will make her the one who is getting in the way instead of Suzaku.
Not only because of her feelings. Both Lelouch and Suzaku are on a path that is going to make them look like evil incarnate to everyone. Suzaku is the type to stick to this to the very end, while Lelouch can be swayed. That's how Suzaku will be in the way. Suzaku is and always had been the one in the way. All he does is stick the plan/rules. He'll be the one pushing Lelouch toward that end, while Kallen will want to knock him away from it.
Old 2008-09-12, 20:02   Link #9897
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

I feel that there are too many loose threads and hints out there for Kallen to follow that it would be an injustice to her character for her to not at least start piecing things together.

She knows the Lelouch from the Student Council;
she knows what lengths he would go to for Nunally;
she knows what Nunally thinks for her brother from their time together;
she knows (or will soon) that Nunally is on the other side;
she knows more about Geass than most;
she knows how Lelouch's mind works and how he makes convuluted plans;
she knows that Lelouch was willing to risk everything just to rescue her when she was captured;
she knows that Suzaku has a death wish stemming from killing his own father;
she knows the contents of Suzaku's photo album;
she will presumably get a few new insights from talking with Gino (and possibly Anya or Sayoko).
And she knows that the BK were a buntch of terrorists who couldn't think for themselves before Zero, and don't appear that effective after him.

She needs to make a choice on her own. And hopefully, with all the clues out there, she'll be able to figure out something. At the very least, she'll be able to see some descrepency and go after Lelouch to get a truthful answer.

At least that's what I'm hoping for; otherwise the writers let her know alot of stuff for apparently no reason.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-09-12, 20:06   Link #9898
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Not only because of her feelings. Both Lelouch and Suzaku are on a path that is going to make them look like evil incarnate to everyone. Suzaku is the type to stick to this to the very end, while Lelouch can be swayed. That's how Suzaku will be in the way. Suzaku is and always had been the one in the way. All he does is stick the plan/rules. He'll be the one pushing Lelouch toward that end, while Kallen will want to knock him away from it.
I would agree if we knew just what the hell is Zero's Requiem, all we got by are assumptions from the dialogue they shared how they'll make Euphie's massacre look like nothing compared to what they'll do and Lelouch holding the UFN(that he created) hostage but beyond that is just predictions. Also there's the huge gap whether if Kallen manages to get through him where would they go? Sure as hell not Japan or anywhere else in the world since he's essentially the most hated person in the world at this point and Kallen helping would just sink her down to his level.
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 20:07   Link #9899
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I feel that there are too many loose threads and hints out there for Kallen to follow that it would be an injustice to her character for her to not at least start piecing things together.

She knows the Lelouch from the Student Council;
she knows what lengths he would go to for Nunally;
she knows what Nunally thinks for her brother from their time together;
she knows (or will soon) that Nunally is on the other side;
she knows more about Geass than most;
she knows how Lelouch's mind works and how he makes convuluted plans;
she knows that Lelouch was willing to risk everything just to rescue her when she was captured;
she knows that Suzaku has a death wish stemming from killing his own father;
she knows the contents of Suzaku's photo album;
she will presumably get a few new insights from talking with Gino (and possibly Anya or Sayoko).
And she knows that the BK were a buntch of terrorists who couldn't think for themselves before Zero, and don't appear that effective after him.

She needs to make a choice on her own. And hopefully, with all the clues out there, she'll be able to figure out something. At the very least, she'll be able to see some descrepency and go after Lelouch to get a truthful answer.

At least that's what I'm hoping for; otherwise the writers let her know alot of stuff for apparently no reason.

youngde, signing off.
It's hilarious how Kallen has had the potential to know/learn everything about Lelouch in all facets of his life. What she doesn't know is not for the lack of her trying.

Yet it could all mean nothing.
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 20:09   Link #9900
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
I would agree if we knew just what the hell is Zero's Requiem, all we got by are assumptions from the dialogue they shared how they'll make Euphie's massacre look like nothing compared to what they'll do and Lelouch holding the UFN(that he created) hostage but beyond that is just predictions. Also there's the huge gap whether if Kallen manages to get through him where would they go? Sure as hell not Japan or anywhere else in the world since he's essentially the most hated person in the world at this point and Kallen helping would just sink her down to his level.
We know how it starts, and the end won't change what they are in the eyes of the world, which is why they need to be stopped before they get too far in.

As for where to go, the world's a big place, and not all of it is UFN and Britannia controlled. Moreover, it is rather simple to disappear when the world thinks you dead.

Finally, Kallen would not be helping. Taking him off the path isn't helping him, it's stopping him.