AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-17, 21:26   Link #1
EroKing

New reputation system

Not sure if something like this has been mentioned before but here we go. Since me and some other members have been quite annoyed from the recent increase in spoilers and off-topic posts I thought of something that might be of some help. To avoid any popularity contest, this time the moderators can be in control of the system as the reputation will directly be based on the infraction points. The system could be such if it's possible to make one.
- A person who has 0 infraction points will have a single green block and that's it.
- A person with, let's say 5 infraction points would have a single red block. 2 red blocks for having 6-10 infraction points and so on.
This would be the very opposite of the previous system as rather than an encouragement it will serve as a scare tactic for those who are constantly breaking the forum rules and getting into trouble. There needs to be something to give these people a constant reminder of and to carefully think before they post anything that can land them in more trouble. Guess you could also call it The Anti-Reputation System.
There's bound to be a large number of members who are not going to like system and some might even leave the forums but if that's what it takes to get rid of this annoying issue at hand wouldn't it be worth to at least have a trial of this system for 3-4 months (if possible code-wise)?
Old 2013-05-17, 21:38   Link #2
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Different implementation, same results: a chilling effect on forum members.

So, no, I don't support the idea, not after all the trouble we went through to get rid of the reputation system.
Old 2013-05-17, 21:56   Link #3
brocko

Just report the unspoilered and off topic posts. The feature is severely underused as is. Naming and shaming is a rather round about way to go about it imo.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2013-05-18 at 02:54.
Old 2013-05-17, 22:40   Link #4
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

this is the worst idea I've read so far regarding possible replacements for the reputation system, and that's saying something

bad posters are bad posters, if they break the rules report them so their shitty posts get deleted, and if they don't break the rules either put them on ignore or deal with them, it's really that simple
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2013-05-18, 00:02   Link #5
EroKing

It's not a problem for those who check the threads after the posts have been deleted but what about the ones who have already been spoiled? I do use the report feature when I find such posts but how much does that change things in the long term is the question one needs to ask.
Old 2013-05-18, 03:01   Link #6
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, if someone is a habitual "spoiler", then the issue isn't a matter of reputation, it's a matter of habitually breaking the rules, and the staff need to get on their case until they either smarten up or are forced to leave.

Rather than shaming the people who spoil, I wonder if there isn't some way to incentivize people to report spoilers before they spread.
Old 2013-05-18, 03:17   Link #7
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Sorry for TheEroKing but I think spoilers are for infarctions rather that reputations.

About reputations, I still insist that if we will have the rep back... only positives and no negatives.
Old 2013-05-18, 03:53   Link #8
EroKing

Well since the thread is kinda meaningless without any solid ideas for better spoiler/troll control I request for it to be closed. Sorry if I wasted anyone's precious time.
Old 2013-05-18, 03:59   Link #9
NoemiChan
Banned

No, it's not that. It's nice that some still wants the reputation back. You're gonna make me cry again.
Old 2013-05-18, 05:37   Link #10
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

No. Absolutely not.

I prefer if everyone just spam "PleaseTagThoseSpoilersThankYou" in the subsequent posts and refuse to answer it.

If you want a reputation system, I suggest that there is a blackout function beside the report button that will blank out the post upon 3 votes received.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-05-18, 05:40   Link #11
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
No. Absolutely not.

I prefer if everyone just spam "PleaseTagThoseSpoilersThankYou" in the subsequent posts and refuse to answer it.

If you want a reputation system, I suggest that there is a blackout function beside the report button that will blank out the post upon 3 votes received.
I still prefer the Thumbs up and Thumbs down... It'll show who's post are interesting ( even if it doesn't make any sense) .
Old 2013-05-18, 08:37   Link #12
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Well since the thread is kinda meaningless without any solid ideas for better spoiler/troll control I request for it to be closed.
Closed per request.
Closed Thread